eDirectory Reviews - www.edirectory.co.uk

eDirectory www.edirectory.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for eDirectory www.edirectory.co.uk

eDirectory www.edirectory.co.uk

“On a Friday in November 2009, a guy called Lewis...”

Written on: 15/11/2010 by gillpotsoffun (1 review written)

On a Friday in November 2009, a guy called Lewis called me to ask me if I was interested in putting my products (I sell a range of handpainted personalised pottery gifts) on MyFavShop (now called shoppingbank). My first warning sign should have been that despite doing a lot of shopping for my business and home online I had never heard of them. However I wanted, and still want to grow my business www.glazedforkeeps.co.uk and he told me, things like; they were affiliated with GMTV; they get… Read Full Review

“I have just had a phone call from them there e-mail is...”

Written on: 04/06/2010 by business1directory (1 review written)

I have just had a phone call from them there e-mail is not good either the link to their website ShoppingBank.com in fact goes to different web address i have done some more research and it does not look good please keep away from them.

I have even ringed a couple of companies who use them and they both said the same thing they want their money back.

The reason why they called me as I have another online business selling quality online specialist gifts. I have now blocked their phone… Read Full Review

“Hi I just want to say that i'm really grateful to find...”

Written on: 24/05/2010 by ilovejeans (1 review written)

Hi I just want to say that i'm really grateful to find this page of all the same stories about Shopping Bank, E-directory, my-fave shop.
They contacted me in October and gave me the hard, very hard sell actually. With pushing the My-faveshhop as the new brain child of Lord Saarchi and I acually liked the look of the site. I paid £1200 for a years listing for 50 products and a micro site. I thought I was being clever and asked for recommedations to follow up and spoke to one merchant who said… Read Full Review

“Absolute waste of time, they even called me up trying...”

Written on: 01/04/2010

Absolute waste of time, they even called me up trying to sell to me with the GMTV speil, when I was already with them for 6 months! I paid almost £500 to sign up and have had 3 (yes 3 sales) in 8 months.

Absolute bunch of wasters if you ask me.

If you are approached by edirectory / MyFaveShop / ShoppingBank PLEASE AVOID THEM!!!… Read Full Review

“Alot of people have had exaclty the same experience...”

Written on: 04/08/2009 by rydergifts (1 review written)

Alot of people have had exaclty the same experience with e-directory I am looking for anyone who has been sold or had a slae rep try to sell to them.

What they are doing in illegal telling a complete bunch of lies, to lure people to signing up.

I was promised page 1 google listings for every product in what ever term I wanted and treated like a moron when questioned how to make this happen. It's not possible all they do is submit your products to Google.

I have sold absolutley… Read Full Review

Ilovejeans's Response to rydergifts's Review

Written on: 24/05/2010

I found this review very helpful because... I have had the same experience, we need to do something about this! I will contact you directly.

☆☆☆☆☆

“We have not had a single sale through e-directory in...”

Written on: 07/07/2009 by madadam (1 review written)

We have not had a single sale through e-directory in over 8 months after paying their £1000 annual fee. They are a disgrace - merchants avoid them like the plague!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I joined edirectory last year in May 2008 when one of...”

Written on: 29/05/2009

I joined edirectory last year in May 2008 when one of the represented contacted me and assured me that we will get tons of orders after signing up i spent almost £1000 to sign with all the products. They never advertise any of their products with any search engines or using any other paid advertsing methods. They completely just rely on natural traffic without doing anything. They even now changed their name because their name (brand) i suppose they realised that their brand is at stake. Can… Read Full Review

Madadam's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2009

I agree with this review because... we have not had a single sale through e-directory in over 8 months after paying their £1000 annual fee. They are a sham and a disgrace - merchants avoid them like the plague!

Ilovejeans's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2010

<br/>They contacted me in October and gave me the hard, very hard sell actually. With pushing the My-faveshhop as the new brain child of Lord Saarchi and I acually liked the look of the site. I paid &pound;1200 for a years listing for 50 products and a micro site. I thought I was being clever and asked for recommedations to follow up and spoke to one merchant who said 20% of their sales came through My-faveshop. I paid up and by the time my listing was live they had changed the name to Shopping Bank.com which looked really awful and not what I had paid to be on. I asked for my money back and they said I was unable to get a refund and to give it a chance. Not one order came through over the whole xmas period ( I sell jeans ) and then one did and it was fraudulant and resulted in a charge back! infact 2 out of the 3 sales I have had have been fraudulant through Shopping Bank.
<br/>So we all seem to have the same story but why are they still getting people to sign up? We need to make sure our stories are heard and if your behind me please email me on info@ilovejeans.com as something needs to be done.

Landh's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2010

Completely agree with this (and other) reviews of edirectory/myshoppingbank etc etc. after 2 years of paying, my total sales amount to less than I get in a week on my main website. The sales rep suggested my products are not popular to buy online ! I am actually in a very competative market, yet still manage to sell more than edirectory can ever provide. Also, no proof of traffic/clicks / abandoned carts or any similar stats at all, so no method to check conversions/clicks. If these are not available, i am nt sure how the sales rep was so certain about the high level of traffic our product range would attract. A few backlinks has got be better SEO on google than edirectory, in fact cannot find an edirectory link to any of my products after 2 years. Be warned, save your money - AVOID!

Bigred1's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2009

We joined a month ago, cost us &pound;1200+vat after the sales guy telling us sales figures for our competitors. All sounded perfect, as our products were better and cheaper. Looks like he was telling us complete lies, as even with over 1000 products on there, we've sold nothing. They can't provide even basic hit counts, so I don't even know if anyone has even clicked on one of my items. The same items sell brilliantly on ebay, amazon and our website. Not a sausage through edirectory/myfaveshop or whatever they're calling themselves this week.

☆☆☆☆☆

“As a small online business I was looking for greater...”

Written on: 02/04/2009 by everlastingwishes (1 review written)

As a small online business I was looking for greater exposure - the people who find my website like it, but finding it is the problem.

I joined edirectory as a merchant at the end of February 2009 because they were 'Desperate for more products in their personalised gifts for her section'.

We sell very unique and unusual personalised gifts/gift service - it's 'up- market' but not expensive and it is innovative. The rep assured me that we were JUST the kind of company he needed to fill this gap!… Read Full Review

Rydergifts's Response to everlastingwishes's Review

Written on: 04/08/2009

I have had a very similar experience what I was told was absolute lies.

Colin Jowett's Response to everlastingwishes's Review

Written on: 28/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because...i have been approached to advetise my new business for &pound;1500.00 , but decided not to , reading these reviews has help satisfy me that i made the correct decission.

“I ordered a barbour peacoat from at the beginning of...”

Written on: 14/02/2009

I ordered a barbour peacoat from at the beginning of the january sales through edirectory. After a week of hearing or receiving nothing I emailed in, to find out that the item was not in stock anymore.
If they had told me this before I could have re-ordered from another store but because of the delay the item was sold out everywhere in my size.
Then a few days ago to a lack of suprise, I found when reading my bank statement that edirectory had still charged me for the item, which I'm sure if I… Read Full Review

“I ordered an ipod armband from www.edirectory.co.uk...”

Written on: 24/01/2009

I ordered an ipod armband from www.edirectory.co.uk nearly 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived despite saying on the web site that it would come in 2-3 days. They have offered to send a replacement… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I was told that the womens clothing section of...”

Written on: 27/05/2008 by sjacobs3 (1 review written)

I was told that the womens clothing section of eDirectory.co.uk was a busy area with lots of returning customers, we have performend well in previous other sites. Our online store currently works very well with regular sales.
I would not have paid the fee for such a poor performing website.
I took their word and when I asked for a refund was flatly refused.
If they were as good as they say, I'm sure they will soon loose the fee to sign up (but I doubt this will happen).
Other website owners… Read Full Review

Rydergifts's Response to sjacobs3's Review

Written on: 04/08/2009

Would like to chat to you in more detail if interested.
<br/>
<br/>I have had similar expenence and I am not happy.
<br/>Ryder Gifts LTD

Cargifts's Response to sjacobs3's Review

Written on: 01/04/2010

Guys
<br/>
<br/>Please contact me at rshome@hotmail.com
<br/>
<br/>I have had the same problem. I have sold two products through ShoppingBank, whereas via my own website I sold hundreds (no exaggeration)!
<br/>Regards
<br/>Ricky

Mikehayes888's Response to sjacobs3's Review

Written on: 27/10/2009

I have had the same problem, and it's driving me to an early grave. I'm hoping that in contacting you, you have resolved something with the sharks of edirectory. Please let me know.

Bushra 2's Response to sjacobs3's Review

Written on: 10/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because...the same thing happened to us. They con you into giving up a &pound;1000 and then are completly unhelpful when you question them about no sales. We signed up in Jan 09 and to date have received not one single sale.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Website said the item was in stock, I placed the order...”

Written on: 17/12/2007 by RMann1 (1 review written)

Website said the item was in stock, I placed the order on 5th December and I received an email confirming the order. I received an email on 14th December with a status update for the order. It said order status: Cancelled. Absolutely no reason given, no email to say card declined, or out of stock. They just cancelled the order. Also it took them 10 days to decide to cancel the order… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I had ordered a bike lock from M&P on the 19th...”

Written on: 26/09/2007 by The Hon Man (5 reviews written)

I had ordered a bike lock from M&P on the 19th September (4 - 5 days delivery) and when it hadn't arrived by the 26th I sent them an email. I received a reply back saying it was out of stock. So exactly when were they going to tell me? Had it not been for my email I could have been blissfully waiting for ever. I then decided to go on the internet and find another supplier. I came up with 'eDirectory' and ordered the same product. I got an email confirming my order, or so I thought! I then got… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“eDirectory didn't tell me where the item was shipped...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by aimtiaz (1 review written)

eDirectory didn't tell me where the item was shipped from and what other charges there would be. Also, delivery timing was very bad… Read Full Review