Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 GS (5 door) Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 GS (5 door) - Ask a question now

“Have had my Land Rover Freelander2 XS for twenty...”

Written on: 18/08/2009

Have had my Land Rover Freelander2 XS for twenty months, covering about 1800 miles a month, and consistently get 37mph. I think the vehicle is great on the road, the steering is a tad too light though compared to my Honda CRV. I have not had any problem with this vehicle although I did have to call on LR Recovery when my wife managed to damage the rear door and the guy who turned up was very efficient and made good a temporary repair. Yes, the servicing is expensive but I find the LR dealer in… Read Full Review

“The Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 GS is a good looker...”

Written on: 01/02/2009 by grinandtonic (1 review written)

The Land Rover Freelander 2 TD4 GS is a good looker inside and out, punchy performance especially in 3rd gear, lighter steering than the old Freelander and Defender. Get 30mpg regularly on mixed runs. 40mpg + on longer motorway runs. Feels very safe, faster than you expect with loads of torque. Very comfortable, light steering.

Great on wet roads, in snow and slush. Ever better off road on grass and ruts.

Would I buy another? Yes… Read Full Review

Vanash's Response to 437336_grinandtonic's Review

Written on: 04/12/2010

I found this review very helpful because, we are interested in purchasing a Land Rover Freelander.

“I like the FL2 looks, akin to a Range Rover, which,...”

Written on: 17/10/2008 by Vigilentza (1 review written)

I like the FL2 looks, akin to a Range Rover, which, misleadingly induce a belief of similar qualities. I purchased the car in March 2008 and 2 months later the clutch disintegrated in some ridiculously easy sandy terrain. I can say this in comparison to my Nissan Patrol towing a 2.5 ton speed boat to launch from sandy beaches. Highly acclaimed Terrain Response feature? A GIMMICK! Land Rover Recovery? A bunch of ill-mannered, inefficient and incompetent people, highly annoying when you… Read Full Review

Scottjackson's Response to Vigilentza's Review

Written on: 15/08/2009

I found this review not helpful because the reviewer didn't give us any information about the real issue he experienced. What sandy terrain managed to invalidate the warranty?? Why did LR decide not to fix the car? If the clutch is now fixed, what's his gripe and why does he want to get rid of it? Are there other problems? If so, let's hear them.

“The new Land Rover Freelander is a big improvement on...”

Written on: 07/09/2008 by billybob99 (1 review written)

The new Land Rover Freelander is a big improvement on the old model, not sure how it will stack up long term reliability wise as my old FL spend weeks in the garage with warranty claims, biggest improvement the new 6 spd auto box and 2.2 engine. Must better changes than the old auto noticeably better mpg as well 40+ at 85 as opposed to around 30 in my old FL… Read Full Review