Powakaddy Freeway Reviews

Summary

The Powakaddy Freeway is a fully foldable, lightweight electric golf trolley. The battery is a lightweight 20AH battery suitable for 18 holes.
Powakaddy Freeway - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Powakaddy Freeway

“Only lasted 2 years”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by Barnes317 (1 review written)

After just 2 years my trolley lost power after 9 holes and was completely dead after 17 holes! It had a 36 hole lithium battery, which I kept on charge all the time. Powakaddy didn't want to know as it was out of warranty and referred me to a service agent, who couldn't test the battery only the trolley and the charger and was some 15 miles away - I was faced with buying a new battery or a complete trolley and battery. I think Powakaddy are a rubbish company and are not interested after… Read Full Review

Powakaddy Freeway

“Never Buy Powakaddy - Poor product and Poor Service”

Written on: 28/02/2014 by JimJack (2 reviews written)

I bought my Powakaddy II online from a pro-shop in the north of England in September 2009. In October 2010 the drive axle broke and as I am based in Belgium PW insisted that I return the trolley, at my cost, to them. They replaced the axle admitting that this was due to a design fault but when the product was returned to me the wheels were not included. PW refused to accept liability and the pro-shop eventually supplied me with replacement wheels. The new wheels arrived in January 2011. I… Read Full Review

“Many Design Faults”

Written on: 20/10/2013 by stuzzerroony (1 review written)

A new battery within the first year £279.00, four new wheels at £25.00 each as they are so easily broken because of the brittle plastic they use to attach to the axle, so take care lifting it out of your car and try not to let the trolly fall over and let the wheel land at an angle. The screen mists over at the controls and it now stops if I go over a bump. When I stop it on purpose, occasionally a second later it decides to go off on its own. It cost almost £700 new and the costs to me now… Read Full Review

“lucky one”

Written on: 13/09/2013 by itty (1 review written)

I was the first one get my freeway 2 lithium never had a problem the glass on the handle would steam up that was replaced by powacaddy at no cost I have just replaced the battery after 4 years 208 miles of walking the bearing got a bit squeey I replaced it after this long I have no complaints customer/management sevice has been very helpfull I have no complaints apart from powacaddy chopping and changing to new handle leaving us to cover all the expense aleast contribe something after… Read Full Review

Powakaddy Freeway

“Awful Product and No Service!”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by Pablov1 (1 review written)

I bought my Powakaddy Sport 18 months ago from American Golf. After the first round I needed to grease one of the wheels as quick release mechanism wouldn't spring back once wheel fitted. 6 months down the line my 18 hole battery would be struggling by 14th and dead by 16th on a short course. I contacted Powakaddy and had no reply whatsoever.....Thanks! I am now using an old 36 hole battery that is still going strong, back when Powakaddy sourced quality products and gave a damn about it's… Read Full Review

Tgts's Response to Pablov1's Review

Written on: 14/08/2013

The warranty is with the retailer (American Golf) not Powakaddy, take it back and demand they sort it out if they not already

Graemebarber's Response to Pablov1's Review

Written on: 27/08/2013

I had a Freeway 2 Lithium model. Wheel broke after 4 rounds of golf and 11.4 miles. I contacted Powakaddy and got the same response as you! No Response. In the process of buying a Motocaddy now.

“Freeway 2 solution!”

Written on: 01/12/2012 by golferbob (1 review written)

Like all other reviewers my trolley had every problem but there is now a kit on sale to convert the freeway2 to a freeway sport.Not cheap at £90.00 but it does the job… Read Full Review

Puttyboy's Response to golferbob's Review

Written on: 11/03/2013

Only place I've been able to find it online, worked fine for me.

“powakaddy freeway”

Written on: 18/09/2012

I have had my powakaddy freeway for about 3 years,in this time I have had to replace the wheels, the control unit and now will have to replace the battery for the second time,mine also pulls to the right,I puchased this trolley because powakaddy is supposed to be a quality product,but now discover they buy cheap chinese batteries which don't last,I would never recommend this companies products to anyone… Read Full Review

“Expensive Spares”

Written on: 28/08/2012 by Stroppyhoppy (2 reviews written)

I've had my Freeway for more than 3 years, playing up to 3 rounds per week. In that time, I've replaced 3 batteries, 6 rear wheels and 1 front wheel due to wear and tear. On average the wheels have cost me £28 each. I've never managed to keep the trolley straight (pulls to the right) and I'm advised that I need a new front wheel housing (£40 from my local Powakaddy repair centre). I think that I will buy Motocaddy next time as their spares are much less expensive… Read Full Review

“Not good enough”

Written on: 16/07/2012

This is going back! After second weekend of perceiving I've decided it is not fit for purpose. Why....? 1. It's designed to go at either a snails pace or slow jog (where's the walk option?) 2. It's fallen over 3 times since I've owned it. Out course is pretty well maintained, fairly flat and even then it struggles to stay upright! 3. (The last straw) The gears have started to grind It's a shame as I had very high hopes, but having read the rest of these reviews I will not be requesting a… Read Full Review

Powakaddy Freeway

“Powakaddy Sorry Poor Product”

Written on: 15/07/2012

I purchased mine in November 2010 due to bad weather first used it properly in March 2011. After 3 rounds the Gearbox failed and was replaced under warranty. The device is very unstable on the slightest slope wants to tip over. The speed control is useless either to fast or to slow.Now to add to it just noted the screen had gone funny took it back in under warranty and they state it is cracked. Yet I was using it when it went and can assure all nothing came into contact with it.Anyway they… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/07/2012

Hi, I would not deal with Powakaddy but take it up with your retailer and tell him if it's not sorted out there is plenty of evidence on this web site to say it is not fit for purpose. I received a full refund and compensation from my retailer and he had to take it up with Powakaddy then. Also mention if it's not sorted you can take them to the small claims court.

Good luck Hawkeye

Coderry's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2012

I bought a Powakaddy 4 years ago no problims with it today date is December
2012

Rdio's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2012

Agree.
I have bought in May 2012 a Powakaddy Sports with EBS...expensive but It hought good quality
Rubbish product however:
after 5 outings the gear box broke , replaced it and again after two outing it broke agian.
I am getting rid of it

Drsteel13's Comment

Written on: 28/08/2012

I bought mine after my club pro tried to talk me out of it it lasted 4 weeks before the gear box went and they asked me to take it to be repaired I said no way I want a knew one after a lot of puffing and chuffing they agreed one week later the screen went I ask you ! here I go again

Warning don't bye Power caddie

Powakaddy Freeway

“downside of the powerkaddy freewayll”

Written on: 07/07/2012

i bought mine just over two years ago and use it only in the months i can't use a full size buggy since i purchased it the screen has misted badly and it constantly cut out so i sent it back they did the repairs on warranty but it just kept misting up again then a year later on the fifth hole the gearbox packed in so i sent it back again and they repaired it then in the last few weeks and the warranty just running out the screen fails again the buggy shows nothing and then just takes off on its… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/07/2012

Take it back to your retailer and tell them it's not fit for purpose, it doesn't matter about the manufacturers guarantee as your contract is with the retailer. If in doubt ring consumer direct for professional advice.
I won my case in the small claims court as they are not fit for purpose.

Hawkeye.

“FW2 a disgrace”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Bought 2years and 4 months ago - firstly the wheel clips failed and wheels kept falling loose - fixed those myself. Also control screen seems forever misted up, speed contol on setting four could be fast one day and slow the next!!, on/off button failed to engage and trolley heads off on it's own!! And lastly the axles breaks and costs me 65 pounds to repair - Powerkaddy supposedly also paying 65 pound towards repair - so what I'm to be grateful!! You sold me an inferior product through an… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2012

Know the feeling, had my daughters 3years and in that time - three axles (all snapped due to design flaw) - two new screens as they keep steaming up and new buttons as rubber wears away very quickly and buttons get stuck and trolley flys off on it own with daughter in tow........................

Nonenone2345's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

You were done! It's a 1hour repair, PK charge is £25 for the labour and they pay for the parts if it is out of warranty, they pay the parts& labour if in warranty, which come as a kit which cost £125; that has to be fitted exactly to instructions supplied by PK to the service agent, which should have been, new gearbox, driveshaft, motor mounting bracket, gaskets, rear tube, bots and rivets.

Prior to the end of October all PKII repairs could be claimed under warranty for parts only the customer paid labour even if the trolley was out of warranty. No one should be suing more than £25 for one of these repairs!

That has now been changed and the kit now costs £50 retail inc VAT plus an hours labour £25 if out of warranty. No cost to customer if still in warranty.

The screen mist was also covered by a similar fix that has now ended. There is now an upgrade to sport handle and electronics for £115 inc labour.

Written on: 29/07/2012

I would contact consumer direct and ask for some advice as they are definately not fit for purpose, see my posting on taking retailer to small claims court.

Hawkeye

“Power Cady II”

Written on: 07/03/2012

My FWII was repaired by Powakaddy in September 11 had new wheels, screen, loose brushes new straps, had upgrade kit, new gearbox. Intermittent fault of failing to start not found. Guess what, the Gremlins are back. Fails to start, loss of screen, partial screen works or full screen flashes constantly, it sometimes works and then cuts out mid stride or looses all data. Taken it to back to point of purchase who are good at trying to resolve the problem. Ended up speaking to Powakaddy from… Read Full Review

“FW11 is rubbish”

Written on: 03/02/2012 by Des.kavanagh (1 review written)

I have a FW11 and i hate it wheel problem ,gearbox issues and now the speed wont go pass 4mph any idea how i can adjust this ,are they giving money back for these if you bring it… Read Full Review

Hawkeye157's Response to Des.kavanagh's Review

Written on: 29/02/2012

I suggest you go back to your retailer and ask for a full refund.

See my comment below about going to small claims court and winning.

“Powakaddy Freeway 2 ”

Written on: 27/01/2012 by Hawkeye157 (1 review written)

Powakaddy Freeway 2 not fit for purpose was my court ruling which is great news for all other PK owners. I did what PK told me to do and took my retailer / PK to court and won a 100% refund plus costs and compo after they wanted a £100 to upgrade to the PK sport which I refused. I had 3 new trolleys, 4 new screens, a new gear box and a broken axle, speed control problems in the time period I had the trolleys. Very disappointed with the performance and service I received, even the Chief… Read Full Review

Mumsie42's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 24/02/2012

Hawkeye - am challenging Powakaddy to replace my Freeway II again! Can I ask did you take them through the small claims court?

Written on: 17/10/2012

I actually bought a S1 Mottocaddy + a Garmin watch with my proceeds from my dealings with Powakaddy. So far the S1 has performed well with no problems unlike the three Powakaddy fw2's I had in 18 months. I also bought a Mottocaddy bag and they replaced the faulty rainhood no problem. It's nice to deal with good customer services who resolve the problem with no hassle to the customer.
I gather Powakaddy isn't doing too good with all the cheap imported parts they are using!.

Thegolfbuggyman's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

How did the imported Motocaddy S3 work out.
Made in UK ?????
The old Powakaddy were made in UK.
The Greenhill, Golf Glider, Golf Stream etc are still made of same parts as old Powakaddy Caddymatic and Powerdrive, very reliable for over 20 years.

Written on: 29/07/2012

Hi, you firstly need to contact your retailer in writing, listing all the faults and when they happened. They have the right to repair the fault but if it's still reoccurring you have your rights under the sale of goods act and you can contact consumer direct if your still not happy for professional advice. The small claim court avenue is a last resort if you are getting no where with your retailer but looking the process up on line is quite straight forward.
Goods should be fit purpose and after reading most of the Powakaddy comments they are not. Good luck and if you need any further info just let me know.
Hawkeye.

Colmac09's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 23/07/2012

Good for you Hawkeye, I`ve had same problems. May`be you could give us other Freeway owners some details of how you went through the process of taking retailer to small claims court, A step by step guide of your experience would be very much appreciated by myself and others.

thanx

Mumsie42's Response to Hawkeye157's Review

Written on: 01/03/2012

Thanks for that

Written on: 29/02/2012

Hi, just seen your reply, I had to take my retailer to the small claims court and he had to pay me out, he then had to come to an agreement with powakaddy to get his costs back.
You need to deal with your retailer direct and ask for a full refund. If you want to discuss further contact me. Barrie.

Powakaddy Freeway

“Low quality, sub standard materials”

Written on: 15/01/2012 by Alanjayco (1 review written)

I have had the original version of the Freeway for 10 years and recently replaced it with the same model at huge cost of $ 1000. The new model is cheaply constructed and is nearly useless. Webbing is cheap and nasty and the electrical controls don't work properly despite having gone back to the manufacturer/distributor twice. Trying to reduce costs the once industry leader is now sub standard and infrerior to the competitors. I feel cheated and this is the general sentiment at the golf club… Read Full Review

Hawkeye157's Response to Alanjayco's Review

Written on: 29/02/2012

Ask for a full refund from your retailer and see comment on review page under Hawkeye157 below.

“worst purchase ever”

Written on: 01/01/2012 by Taffrhodes (1 review written)

I am now on my third powakaddy in 2 years, all they ever seem to do is break down or fall apart. I have lost my GPS broken my umbrella damaged 2 shafts on driver and 3 wood and totally ruined my scotty cameron putter when the top bag rest fell of whilst playing at neath golf club. All powacaddy had to say was that it was my fault for not noticimg a 3 month old trolley was totaly rubbish. Gearbox packed in twice going up the first hole, had to push it up the second, same problem playing at… Read Full Review

Hawkeye157's Response to Taffrhodes's Review

Written on: 29/02/2012

Hi suggest you take it back to your retailer and ask for a full refund, see my comment under Hawkeye157 where I obtained a full refund.

“Such a waste of money”

Written on: 11/10/2011 by Niallm (1 review written)

Bought 2 in the boom like an eejit! One for me and my wife. Problems all the time with them. Straps broke on first use. Batteries cutting out( don't go over rough ground cos battery will lose connection, screen misting up on both. No repair centre in ireland so if there is any issue takes months to sort out. Overall so disappointed with powakaddy. Thought they were the best on the Market and spending the money would guarantee peace of mind for a long time. Will not be buying powakaddy again… Read Full Review

Che59's Response to Niallm's Review

Written on: 22/11/2011

Could not agree More...
Biggest waste off Money in My Golfing Life
Adds 10 shots to your round... through shear Frustration!!!
Don't even think of buying 1 cheap.. they don't make them anymore
and it will break your Heart!

Guest's Response to Niallm's Review

Written on: 08/04/2012

There is a place in Kill Co. Kildare that services all power kaddies. Cheaper than going back to shop

Powakaddy Freeway

“PwerKaddt Freeway II RUBBISH”

Written on: 01/08/2011

I'm the silly one who after reading a few bad reviews still went ahead and purchased the very smart looking Freeway II. My first and defiantly last Powerkaddy purchased. Had all the same probs as others with misting screen, hate the speed controls, either too slow or too fast, and now has just given up the ghost, speed indicator just flashes 0 and wont go. So off to PowerKaddy to try & get a resolution.... and by reading the other reviews will be a painful process. Also had problems with… Read Full Review

Powakaddy Freeway

“Just Waiting for axle problems - I've had all the rest!”

Written on: 21/06/2011

Bought the Freeway II in June 2010. During the first couple of rounds it would just go to zero on the speed display and I had to disconnect and reconnect the battery - No great problem and put it down to just a glitch. Then the thing just refused to go one day and the screen displayed "enter password". Went back to a repair centre and got it back about a month later. Still got the zeroing problem. Then the bottom strap broke on the bottom for no apparent reason but I was luckily playing at a… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2011

Bought a freewayii 2yrs ago screen misted up,handle seems broke since repair but no one seems to care at service centre now wheels wont turn but motor keeps running what a waste of money, when advised by my local store best caddie on the market in my opinion over priced and would never buy a powakaddy again and advise others to look else were.