Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance Reviews

Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance

Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance
Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance

“The Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance is comfortable to...”

Written on: 15/01/2009 by cbanwellclode (1 review written)

The Skoda Octavia 2.0 Elegance is comfortable to drive, quite roomy, economical for its size and powerful. Bought new 2.0 in June 2008, my first impressions were good.

HOWEVER, in the 6 months that I ' ve owned the car there a couple of problems that have detracted from my enjoyment. There is an annoying creaking/rattling that comes from all doors on the most minor of road imperfections. The car has been to the dealers three times and I'm told that ' all Octavias are the same '. I believe it… Read Full Review

Jonad724's Response to cbanwellclode's Review

Written on: 12/03/2009

I have an Octavia and from new I had the same problem with the creaking doors. My dealer did a temporary fix by putting a thin film of vaseline behind the door seals and then replaced the door seals under warranty. Apparently some of the factory fit door seals are too brittle when fitted and this causes the very annoying creaking you describe.

Cbanwellclode's Response to cbanwellclode's Review

Written on: 22/04/2009

I'm still having to put up with the dooor seal noise on mine. It would be helpfull if I knew which dealer you used Jonad.

Cbanwellclode's Response to cbanwellclode's Review

Written on: 12/03/2009

After a lot of pestering the dealer eventually agreed to change the door seals, but has only done one side so far. It does seem to have cured the problem on one side. It's strange that the dealers and Skoda don't seem to be aware of the problem. I feel that my dealer is blaming me for the problem, hence would only change one side at a time, otherwise "Skoda" may reject the warranty claim!

“I'm very satisfied with the look and driving...”

Written on: 20/02/2002 by Ivan. (1 review written)

I'm very satisfied with the look and driving capabilities of the Skoda Octavia MPI 4x4 Elegance estate offroader.
My expectations have even been exceeded when I found out that the car is not so thirsty as others claimed.
I can fully recommend the 4x4 Haldex system Skoda implemented in this Octavia-it is amazingly helpful if snow sets in. I can only recommend the xenon lights which fall into the extras as well as the ESP and side airbags. I tried the ESP system on an abandoned parking lot with… Read Full Review

James Brown's Response to 13369_Ivan.'s Review

Written on: 10/08/2003

We now have the Skoda Octavia 1.8 20v Turbo 4x4 Elegance Estate. We have tested it in all weather conditions, on and off road and it has far exceeded our expectations. With this engine rather than the 2.0MPI it has the power of a very high performance car - 0-60 in under 9 seconds. Once again the switching between 2x4 to 4x4 is unoticable so this proves itself a very good Skoda addition. The car is now underbody sealed as standard. Overall a great car to drive, look at & very very practical and powerful in all situations.