Lotus Elise 1.8 VVTL-i 111R Reviews

Media Gallery for Lotus Elise 1.8 VVTL-i 111R

Lotus Elise 1.8 VVTL-i 111R
Lotus Elise 1.8 VVTL-i 111R

“Insane”

Written on: 11/08/2016 by davidfeldman001 (1 review written)

Bought a used (40,000 mile) Elise as a fun day car instead of replacing our main car (a Subaru Forester turbo - why replace a car that goes like stink and never breaks down?). What a car - the Subey seems like a snail! My little Lotus (called Colin of course) rattles, is noisy, hard to get in or out of it, the wife hates it, gets hot with the roof on, hell to park...but if you care about any of that you don't get the point of a Lotus. This car is the spirit of Colin Chapman - light, fun… Read Full Review

“WOW - Where do I begin :-) Picked up the Lotus Elise...”

Written on: 28/05/2007 by gwhittle (1 review written)

WOW - Where do I begin :-) Picked up the Lotus Elise 1.8 VVTL-i 111R around 3pm Saturday, and before getting the run down on the car, had 20 or so minutes of paperwork to fill out, and the invoice to settle. After which, using a showroom model, I was shown the ins and outs of the roof mechanism (both hard and soft). After I claimed to understand the roof manoeuvre, the dealer took me to see my Baby which was glistening in the sun - it has the most sunlight-complementing orange paintwork I have… Read Full Review