Honda SH300i Reviews

Media Gallery for Honda SH300i

Honda SH300i
Honda SH300i

“Wolf in sheep clothing”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by Frankycello (2 reviews written)

On my third SH 300 just traded in my 2008 with 26,000KM all on the original drive belt. Honda gave me 2,000 euro trade in. Say's something for Honda quality. The only scooter I would buy would be the Tmax but Yamaha need to put an 800cc engine & clean up the cheap plastic glove boxes I mean 11 grand for a scooter slower of the lights than the SH 300. It's not the best looking duck but then I don't have to worry about big wheel chains to lock it up & pay extra theft insurance. Great fast… Read Full Review

“"NOT IMPRESSED" -even less!”

Written on: 26/06/2013 by OzzyOleg (1 review written)

Hi, there! I am Ozzy from London. I do like scooters, but not this one. Ugly look, heavy and slow, handles bad, comes over road holes and bumps bad, no underseat storage, expensive parts, very big and unpractical size wheels, most of the parts became rusty or lost their protective coat of lack, paint, galvanise, fairing missed- wind will blow you up from the seat, seat cover looks awful and from cheap cover who keeps water and sweats your ass, all black plastics became scratched and uncoloured… Read Full Review

Sh300Rider's Response to OzzyOleg's Review

Written on: 02/10/2013

Ozzy must have written his review on a bad day. Nine out of 10 of the odd 40 reviews here give the bike with 4 or 5 stars. I too had a 2008 SH300 used as a commuter over the last 4 years. And because I lack imagination I bought a brand-new one this year. OK the look is not a winner but it's not ugly either. And yes, the suspension is stiff but gives the bike great stability. A fairing is not needed for a city commuter. As for plastic panels, they do get scratched accidentally, nothing peculiar here. Perhaps the only slight letdown is with corrosion. Some parts, like the suspension coils, should be sprayed regularly with a rust preventer. Other than that the bike is surely brilliant. 5 out of 5!

“Superb machine”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by Mysterysong (3 reviews written)

Having previously owned a SH125 and PS125, I felt it was time to move up to the SH300 and my word, am I glad I did. The SH30 is a cracking machine with real pace and I also find it handles superbly ( I speak as a motorcyclist too). I find the larger wheeled scooter so much more stable and easier to ride than the smaller wheel of the PS125 or similar.I'm 5'10'' and can easily flat foot when at lights and I also find the riding position good for me but check it out if you're taller Build is… Read Full Review

“Honda SH300i - An ideal city commuter.”

Written on: 26/04/2013

I have just traded in my Honda SH300i (for a Honda NC700s) after 5 year of happy ownership. I purchased the bike in the spring of 2008 after doing a lot of research and would highly recommend the SH300i for anyone wanting a good all round commuter. The performance is good, with plenty of power for the size of the machine and a reasonable top speed of about 90 mph. The acceleration is swift, handling good and stopping excellent due to the Honda combined-ABS set up. The bike is good on fuel and… Read Full Review

“honda sh300”

Written on: 12/04/2013

done 5000 miles two up no trouble at all will run all day at 50 to 60 ideal for holidays with motorhome … Read Full Review

Danyboy's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2013

im thinking of buying hinda SH300, what do u think guys?
the one im seeing is of model 2007?
any advice? what details i should look for?

“Nice, nimble bike, but has serious rust problems”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by et82 (1 review written)

I have had my bike since June 2008 where it spend most of its overnight time in a garage, and have now 17000 miles on it. Good points: - The Honda SH300i is a brilliant city commuter as it has the small size and nimbleness of a 125cc scooter, like a Vespa, but has enough power to easily keep up with the traffic on motorways. Furthermore it is extremely stable at any speeds, and the only problem I have had is strong wind buffeting when driving behind a lorry or van on a motorway and side wind… Read Full Review

“Top class commuter”

Written on: 19/08/2012

Bought this scooter about two weeks ago for a 15 mile commute each way on a mixture of country roads , motorway and inner city . Great little bike . I'm 6 2" tall and don't have any problems at all with legroom but have just ordered a givi airflow sliding screen to help reduce the wind buffing once I hit 50mph. Got 160 mile from my first tank and it will get better . It's hard not to accelerate quickly on this little bike as it goes like a rocket from the lights leaving car drivers and… Read Full Review

Malfos's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2013

How do you find the Givi Airflow Sliding screen? Does it keep the windblast off you. I am tall like you and find my SH 300 great if I keep under say 55mph , but above that I find it uncomfortable as due to my height ( and bulk!) the wind pushes my upper body back, and I find it a strain. Do you think the Givi screen works and it is good value? Thanks.

Malc.

“The Fastest way to commute in London”

Written on: 07/06/2012 by london2wheels (3 reviews written)

Had it for 3 years. If you want to know how good it is. Try find a second hand one. 0-60 is about that of a Porsche Boxster, only difference is 72cm across handlebars (widest point). max speed 95mph. gives 70-80mpg depending on average speed. Like all scooter weight distribution is wrong (specialliy when you trade a CBR 600 for it). To all the chubby chaps on their sport bikes trying to commute- " sorry lads you bought a knife to a gun fight, just swallow your pride and get out of my way"… Read Full Review

“Another 5000 miles”

Written on: 17/04/2012

I wrote a glowing appreciation of my SH 300 last july when I had had the beastie for a couple of months and 2000 miles.Another 5000 miles have now been covered;so how have these gone bearing in mind many have been winter miles.Petrol consumption has ranged from 92 mpg-long trip,no luggage to 74 mpg also on a long trip but with luggage including throw over panniers into a 25mph headwind.The Honda gives its owner total faith that it will start and do what is required of it regardless of… Read Full Review

“Down size and enjoy”

Written on: 05/03/2012

I have owned many large bikes including about 6 BMWs and a Pan European etc. Really though I have only ever risen them for short distances and have realised that I didn't really need a large bike. What a revelation! Why don't we have more lit weight options in the UK. It's so nimble and fun to ride. but why did they have to malke it look so bad!! In short, a great little bike with absolutely no 'cool' at all… Read Full Review

“Danger! Engine stalling!”

Written on: 24/10/2011

I was unlucky enough to buy a sh300i in 2009. Soon afterwards the bike starting stalling, putting me in danger on several occasions. HONDA first told me that it was a problem with the air intake control valve, after several attempts to solve it I was given a 2009 model in December 2009 because they admitted they had had several reported faults with the 2008 and didnot know how to sorted. In February 2010 i was given some money back when the new bike with 480 miles almost killed me again. Honda… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/10/2011

There is a recall notice on 07-10 bikes. Free change of the ECU.

London2Wheels's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2012

OH belt up...

Had mine for 3 years. All models have similar fault which is Engine cuts out at tickover.
On mine it happened twice in 3 years!! at 2mph --- it killed me lol--
They had a recall for entire range in jan 2012 and changed ECU. New ECU has pulsing tickover.
Probably to shut Mr Baby pants here.
You want danger try the SAS, although that might actually kill you

Snoopygee's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2011

I had to same issue with my new 2008 SH300i stalling whilst at lights and during idle speed after i'd owed it for a few years. I reported it to Honda and they gave me a brand new 2011 SH300i to replace it without any issue.

Doesn't sound like you had a very good experience from Honda which is regrettable but I must say that I think your comments regarding how it put your life in danger are a bit dramatic. I had this issue for several months and I altered my riding to compensate. I think if you felt in danger the responsibility was really on you to stop riding the scooter while you sorted this out.

In general I think the SH300i is a fantastic scooter, very nibble, very easy to ride, good storage and the perfect commuter vehicle for a busy city.

“Great scooter for solo or two-up riding!”

Written on: 28/09/2011 by Dailyrider (1 review written)

Five months ago I traded in my very reliable 4-year old SH125i for a new Sh300i because I wanted more power when riding two-up. When away from home, my wife & I often tow our scooter on a trailer behind our car and use it as a run around so we don't have to find a car park space or pay exhorbitant fees in crowded holiday towns! It carries us both perfectly & isn't troubled overmuch by steep hills (unlike the SH125 which sometimes struggled). I use the scooter every day for commuting 7 miles… Read Full Review

“brilliant sh 300i”

Written on: 17/09/2011

I bought the sh300 without reading anything about it.Needed transport ASAP and read about Hondas % finance deal and bought one. Quality is top notch,speed about 85 but best of all fuel consumption,on a recent trip from home in Scarborough to Bristol and return I did 553 miles and my fuel consumption was 86.25 to the gallon,good when you think that I weigh 19 stone and had 40lb of luggage on board. Niggles,yes a couple,no indicator reminder bleeper and checking the water is a pain (but never… Read Full Review

“Only two months but.....”

Written on: 31/07/2011 by Guzziguy (1 review written)

I bought my Honda 300 in May of this year.I was looking for a general purpose machine that I could ride to work rather than use the Kawasaki vn900 I had recently purchased. The first thing I should mention is that I am 6'4" and weigh 15 stone plus in riding gear;so some comments will need to be read with this in mind. As most of us know,the SH range is a product of Honda Italy so there is a real Euro feel to the bike and no import duty of 6% when sold within the EU. It is clear that a great… Read Full Review

“A great scooter if you don't use it too much! ”

Written on: 03/05/2011

A great scooter if you don't use it too much!
Bought it almost new in 2008. 3 years and 25000 miles later, the engine broke down on the motorway at 75 mph. As a result, a new engine was needed (the engine rod were damaged). The bike has been serviced every 4000 miles and slept indoor.
As I was just 1 year out of warranty, I contacted Honda to see if they were happy to replace the engine as I believe it is a defect.
The only response was a NO and that it was quite a high mileage for a… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/06/2011

I don't think that it is designed for this type of use, and the speed limit is 70mph.

Bruncher's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2013

Yeah, I agree. Parts and servicing are out of this world, for what is basically a small bike. The clutch on mine was replaced at around 9000mls and is already on its way out at 14500mls again.
Good fun to ride and top speed ok for country roads and town, just the general maintenance which is far too high.

Written on: 25/09/2011

Well not my experience of the SH. 300.
Had mine for Two yrs now, and as reliable as a Swiss watch.
Catches the car drivers out at the lights every time.
Love it.

“This bike is fun! its fast! and f*** does it shift...”

Written on: 25/04/2011

This bike is fun! its fast! and f*** does it shift from the lights for a 300. Its also very eonomical too Ive done 300 miles with only £18.00 worth of petrol and still have a quarter of a tank left. Too be fare its ok on the motorway but a bit light at the front end around 70mph ish. I bought a brand new one and really love it, I also have a Fazer Fz6s and I much prefer my sh 300. For around town its second too none no gears nippy lithe so easy too filter and oh so amusing blasting off from the… Read Full Review

“Have just come back after picking up a 2010 Honda...”

Written on: 22/04/2011

Have just come back after picking up a 2010 Honda sh300i,i bought it from C J Balls of Norwich and i rode it home to Weymouth in Dorset.A distance of 330 miles,i used various type of roads on the way back so i could get the best idea of how the bike handled all situations.
1)motorway use is great,will sit at 75/80 mph all day long,the wind blast is ok but better if you stay below 65mph.did 96 miles on 6.4 litres of petrol at these speeds.
2)once off the motorway i came through about 30 miles of… Read Full Review

“This little scooter is an absolute hoot to ride....”

Written on: 09/01/2011

This little scooter is an absolute hoot to ride. Bought for commuting in traffic that would stall my touring bike, I love its nippiness and responsiveness. It will turn on a sixpence and is ideal for threading through dense traffic, where it averages 80+ mpg. I have added it to my bike insurance for £44 per year - result!
Now for a few negatives - the front brake alone is a little wooden but the rear brake lever that applies front and rear brake is fantastic. There is some vibration at 70 mph… Read Full Review

Davidicus19's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because...enthusiastic and informative ..I will probably buy one!!!!

“As a die hard biker since the late 70,s, and having...”

Written on: 25/10/2010

As a die hard biker since the late 70,s, and having owned more than 35 machines from 50cc to 1200cc, this is without a doubt one of the best bikes I have had the pleasure of riding. With a 40 mile commute each way to work, it performs flawlessly, 75 mpg average fuel consumption, very comfortable/ practical and reliable. I fitted a Givi adjustable screen which compliments the bike perfectly. Ok, you might lose a certain amount of "street cred", the styling is a little on the conservative side… Read Full Review

Reviewmole's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2013

Hi, you've just made my mind up, had the choice of 2 scooters, vespa 300 or the honda 300i. want to do a bit ofcommuting, but also tour, although the vespa has the styling, i'm sure that the honda will be the best all-rounder. picking honda up next week, will put a review on here once have done my tour, so should see something on the honda in sept 2013.

“Honda SH300i bought for commuting to work all year round. ”

Written on: 08/10/2010 by 125erCrazy (1 review written)

Honda SH300i bought for commuting to work all year round.
So far owned 6 months and only covered 4000 miles as I've used my other machines during this wonderful summer.
Expensive to buy new but compared to the increasing cost of all manufactures it doesn't look to bad at present.Footboards very small and difficult for those with large feet. Underseat storage to small and wont take a Caberg flip lid. Fuel tank to small. Self servicing will be an issue as with other Hondas I've owned panels need… Read Full Review