Honda SH300i Reviews

Honda SH300i - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda SH300i

Honda SH300i
Honda SH300i

“"NOT IMPRESSED" -even less!”

Written on: 26/06/2013 by OzzyOleg (1 review written)

Hi, there! I am Ozzy from London. I do like scooters, but not this one. Ugly look, heavy and slow, handles bad, comes over road holes and bumps bad, no underseat storage, expensive parts, very big and unpractical size wheels, most of the parts became rusty or lost their protective coat of lack, paint, galvanise, fairing missed- wind will blow you up from the seat, seat cover looks awful and from cheap cover who keeps water and sweats your ass, all black plastics became scratched and uncoloured… Read Full Review

Sh300Rider's Response to OzzyOleg's Review

Written on: 02/10/2013

Ozzy must have written his review on a bad day. Nine out of 10 of the odd 40 reviews here give the bike with 4 or 5 stars. I too had a 2008 SH300 used as a commuter over the last 4 years. And because I lack imagination I bought a brand-new one this year. OK the look is not a winner but it's not ugly either. And yes, the suspension is stiff but gives the bike great stability. A fairing is not needed for a city commuter. As for plastic panels, they do get scratched accidentally, nothing peculiar here. Perhaps the only slight letdown is with corrosion. Some parts, like the suspension coils, should be sprayed regularly with a rust preventer. Other than that the bike is surely brilliant. 5 out of 5!

“Superb machine”

Written on: 17/06/2013 by Mysterysong (3 reviews written)

Having previously owned a SH125 and PS125, I felt it was time to move up to the SH300 and my word, am I glad I did. The SH30 is a cracking machine with real pace and I also find it handles superbly ( I speak as a motorcyclist too). I find the larger wheeled scooter so much more stable and easier to ride than the smaller wheel of the PS125 or similar.I'm 5'10'' and can easily flat foot when at lights and I also find the riding position good for me but check it out if you're taller Build is… Read Full Review

“Honda SH300i - An ideal city commuter.”

Written on: 26/04/2013

I have just traded in my Honda SH300i (for a Honda NC700s) after 5 year of happy ownership. I purchased the bike in the spring of 2008 after doing a lot of research and would highly recommend the SH300i for anyone wanting a good all round commuter. The performance is good, with plenty of power for the size of the machine and a reasonable top speed of about 90 mph. The acceleration is swift, handling good and stopping excellent due to the Honda combined-ABS set up. The bike is good on fuel and… Read Full Review

“honda sh300”

Written on: 12/04/2013

done 5000 miles two up no trouble at all will run all day at 50 to 60 ideal for holidays with motorhome … Read Full Review

Danyboy's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2013

im thinking of buying hinda SH300, what do u think guys?
the one im seeing is of model 2007?
any advice? what details i should look for?

“Nice, nimble bike, but has serious rust problems”

Written on: 14/01/2013 by et82 (1 review written)

I have had my bike since June 2008 where it spend most of its overnight time in a garage, and have now 17000 miles on it. Good points: - The Honda SH300i is a brilliant city commuter as it has the small size and nimbleness of a 125cc scooter, like a Vespa, but has enough power to easily keep up with the traffic on motorways. Furthermore it is extremely stable at any speeds, and the only problem I have had is strong wind buffeting when driving behind a lorry or van on a motorway and side wind… Read Full Review

“Top class commuter”

Written on: 19/08/2012

Bought this scooter about two weeks ago for a 15 mile commute each way on a mixture of country roads , motorway and inner city . Great little bike . I'm 6 2" tall and don't have any problems at all with legroom but have just ordered a givi airflow sliding screen to help reduce the wind buffing once I hit 50mph. Got 160 mile from my first tank and it will get better . It's hard not to accelerate quickly on this little bike as it goes like a rocket from the lights leaving car drivers and… Read Full Review

Malfos's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2013

How do you find the Givi Airflow Sliding screen? Does it keep the windblast off you. I am tall like you and find my SH 300 great if I keep under say 55mph , but above that I find it uncomfortable as due to my height ( and bulk!) the wind pushes my upper body back, and I find it a strain. Do you think the Givi screen works and it is good value? Thanks.

Malc.

“The Fastest way to commute in London”

Written on: 07/06/2012 by london2wheels (3 reviews written)

Had it for 3 years. If you want to know how good it is. Try find a second hand one. 0-60 is about that of a Porsche Boxster, only difference is 72cm across handlebars (widest point). max speed 95mph. gives 70-80mpg depending on average speed. Like all scooter weight distribution is wrong (specialliy when you trade a CBR 600 for it). To all the chubby chaps on their sport bikes trying to commute- " sorry lads you bought a knife to a gun fight, just swallow your pride and get out of my way"… Read Full Review

“Another 5000 miles”

Written on: 17/04/2012

I wrote a glowing appreciation of my SH 300 last july when I had had the beastie for a couple of months and 2000 miles.Another 5000 miles have now been covered;so how have these gone bearing in mind many have been winter miles.Petrol consumption has ranged from 92 mpg-long trip,no luggage to 74 mpg also on a long trip but with luggage including throw over panniers into a 25mph headwind.The Honda gives its owner total faith that it will start and do what is required of it regardless of… Read Full Review

“Down size and enjoy”

Written on: 05/03/2012

I have owned many large bikes including about 6 BMWs and a Pan European etc. Really though I have only ever risen them for short distances and have realised that I didn't really need a large bike. What a revelation! Why don't we have more lit weight options in the UK. It's so nimble and fun to ride. but why did they have to malke it look so bad!! In short, a great little bike with absolutely no 'cool' at all… Read Full Review

“Danger! Engine stalling!”

Written on: 24/10/2011

I was unlucky enough to buy a sh300i in 2009. Soon afterwards the bike starting stalling, putting me in danger on several occasions. HONDA first told me that it was a problem with the air intake control valve, after several attempts to solve it I was given a 2009 model in December 2009 because they admitted they had had several reported faults with the 2008 and didnot know how to sorted. In February 2010 i was given some money back when the new bike with 480 miles almost killed me again. Honda… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/10/2011

There is a recall notice on 07-10 bikes. Free change of the ECU.

London2Wheels's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2012

OH belt up...

Had mine for 3 years. All models have similar fault which is Engine cuts out at tickover.
On mine it happened twice in 3 years!! at 2mph --- it killed me lol--
They had a recall for entire range in jan 2012 and changed ECU. New ECU has pulsing tickover.
Probably to shut Mr Baby pants here.
You want danger try the SAS, although that might actually kill you

Snoopygee's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2011

I had to same issue with my new 2008 SH300i stalling whilst at lights and during idle speed after i'd owed it for a few years. I reported it to Honda and they gave me a brand new 2011 SH300i to replace it without any issue.

Doesn't sound like you had a very good experience from Honda which is regrettable but I must say that I think your comments regarding how it put your life in danger are a bit dramatic. I had this issue for several months and I altered my riding to compensate. I think if you felt in danger the responsibility was really on you to stop riding the scooter while you sorted this out.

In general I think the SH300i is a fantastic scooter, very nibble, very easy to ride, good storage and the perfect commuter vehicle for a busy city.

See next 10 reviews Showing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews

“Great scooter for solo or two-up riding!”

Written on: 28/09/2011 by Dailyrider (1 review written)

Five months ago I traded in my very reliable 4-year old SH125i for a new Sh300i because I wanted more power when riding two-up. When away from home, my wife & I often tow our scooter on a trailer behind our car and use it as a run around so we don't have to find a car park space or pay exhorbitant fees in crowded holiday towns! It carries us both perfectly & isn't troubled overmuch by steep hills (unlike the SH125 which sometimes struggled). I use the scooter every day for commuting 7 miles… Read Full Review

“brilliant sh 300i”

Written on: 17/09/2011

I bought the sh300 without reading anything about it.Needed transport ASAP and read about Hondas % finance deal and bought one. Quality is top notch,speed about 85 but best of all fuel consumption,on a recent trip from home in Scarborough to Bristol and return I did 553 miles and my fuel consumption was 86.25 to the gallon,good when you think that I weigh 19 stone and had 40lb of luggage on board. Niggles,yes a couple,no indicator reminder bleeper and checking the water is a pain (but never… Read Full Review

“Only two months but.....”

Written on: 31/07/2011 by Guzziguy (1 review written)

I bought my Honda 300 in May of this year.I was looking for a general purpose machine that I could ride to work rather than use the Kawasaki vn900 I had recently purchased. The first thing I should mention is that I am 6'4" and weigh 15 stone plus in riding gear;so some comments will need to be read with this in mind. As most of us know,the SH range is a product of Honda Italy so there is a real Euro feel to the bike and no import duty of 6% when sold within the EU. It is clear that a great… Read Full Review

“A great scooter if you don't use it too much! ”

Written on: 03/05/2011

A great scooter if you don't use it too much!
Bought it almost new in 2008. 3 years and 25000 miles later, the engine broke down on the motorway at 75 mph. As a result, a new engine was needed (the engine rod were damaged). The bike has been serviced every 4000 miles and slept indoor.
As I was just 1 year out of warranty, I contacted Honda to see if they were happy to replace the engine as I believe it is a defect.
The only response was a NO and that it was quite a high mileage for a… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/06/2011

I don't think that it is designed for this type of use, and the speed limit is 70mph.

Bruncher's Comment

Written on: 01/08/2013

Yeah, I agree. Parts and servicing are out of this world, for what is basically a small bike. The clutch on mine was replaced at around 9000mls and is already on its way out at 14500mls again.
Good fun to ride and top speed ok for country roads and town, just the general maintenance which is far too high.

Written on: 25/09/2011

Well not my experience of the SH. 300.
Had mine for Two yrs now, and as reliable as a Swiss watch.
Catches the car drivers out at the lights every time.
Love it.

“This bike is fun! its fast! and f*** does it shift...”

Written on: 25/04/2011

This bike is fun! its fast! and f*** does it shift from the lights for a 300. Its also very eonomical too Ive done 300 miles with only £18.00 worth of petrol and still have a quarter of a tank left. Too be fare its ok on the motorway but a bit light at the front end around 70mph ish. I bought a brand new one and really love it, I also have a Fazer Fz6s and I much prefer my sh 300. For around town its second too none no gears nippy lithe so easy too filter and oh so amusing blasting off from the… Read Full Review

“Have just come back after picking up a 2010 Honda...”

Written on: 22/04/2011

Have just come back after picking up a 2010 Honda sh300i,i bought it from C J Balls of Norwich and i rode it home to Weymouth in Dorset.A distance of 330 miles,i used various type of roads on the way back so i could get the best idea of how the bike handled all situations.
1)motorway use is great,will sit at 75/80 mph all day long,the wind blast is ok but better if you stay below 65mph.did 96 miles on 6.4 litres of petrol at these speeds.
2)once off the motorway i came through about 30 miles of… Read Full Review

“This little scooter is an absolute hoot to ride....”

Written on: 09/01/2011

This little scooter is an absolute hoot to ride. Bought for commuting in traffic that would stall my touring bike, I love its nippiness and responsiveness. It will turn on a sixpence and is ideal for threading through dense traffic, where it averages 80+ mpg. I have added it to my bike insurance for £44 per year - result!
Now for a few negatives - the front brake alone is a little wooden but the rear brake lever that applies front and rear brake is fantastic. There is some vibration at 70 mph… Read Full Review

Davidicus19's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because...enthusiastic and informative ..I will probably buy one!!!!

“As a die hard biker since the late 70,s, and having...”

Written on: 25/10/2010

As a die hard biker since the late 70,s, and having owned more than 35 machines from 50cc to 1200cc, this is without a doubt one of the best bikes I have had the pleasure of riding. With a 40 mile commute each way to work, it performs flawlessly, 75 mpg average fuel consumption, very comfortable/ practical and reliable. I fitted a Givi adjustable screen which compliments the bike perfectly. Ok, you might lose a certain amount of "street cred", the styling is a little on the conservative side… Read Full Review

Reviewmole's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2013

Hi, you've just made my mind up, had the choice of 2 scooters, vespa 300 or the honda 300i. want to do a bit ofcommuting, but also tour, although the vespa has the styling, i'm sure that the honda will be the best all-rounder. picking honda up next week, will put a review on here once have done my tour, so should see something on the honda in sept 2013.

“Honda SH300i bought for commuting to work all year round. ”

Written on: 08/10/2010 by 125erCrazy (1 review written)

Honda SH300i bought for commuting to work all year round.
So far owned 6 months and only covered 4000 miles as I've used my other machines during this wonderful summer.
Expensive to buy new but compared to the increasing cost of all manufactures it doesn't look to bad at present.Footboards very small and difficult for those with large feet. Underseat storage to small and wont take a Caberg flip lid. Fuel tank to small. Self servicing will be an issue as with other Hondas I've owned panels need… Read Full Review

“bought it new in 07,great handling, plenty of power,...”

Written on: 14/09/2010

bought it new in 07,great handling, plenty of power, no problems whatsoever.

excellent scooter although I never tried yamaha tmax.

20 000 miles trouble free. Twist and go… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 11 - 20 of 43 Reviews

“I bought my SH300i new from the Chester Honda Centre...”

Written on: 23/07/2010

I bought my SH300i new from the Chester Honda Centre in March 2007 and have completed about 7300 miles.
I am retired so the scooter is used for pleasure riding and a delight after commuting on a number of Honda C90s.
My journeys are on open A and B roads where I am content to cruise at 45 mph.I have kept a record of the fuel consumption which is 103 mpg.
The fitted windscreen is too high and in rain causes poor visibilty and is a danger on wet nights.
I have been rather disappointed with the… Read Full Review

“Bought mine new late in April. Model included top-box...”

Written on: 09/07/2010

Bought mine new late in April. Model included top-box with a free pillion backrest (so saved the £32 on that option). I didn't see the optional Honda alarm as good value for money, so bought a 2metre Almax chain + Squire padlock combo, which fits nicely under the seat when on the move (NB: 1.5 metre is too short to secure a rear wheel to a lamp post when the top box is fitted). I also bought a Givi fixed height screen (lower version) and even at 6 foot tall, find this is ideal. O.K. so it looks… Read Full Review

“I bought my SH300 a year ago with only 2,500 miles on...”

Written on: 06/07/2010 by Honda90 (1 review written)

I bought my SH300 a year ago with only 2,500 miles on it. It seemed new and had even had the 4K service done early. Since then I've put nearly 15,000 miles on it of commuting, touring (inc with pillion) and generally thrashing it whent he sun comes out.

I'm very impressed! It does pretty much everything my BMW did, but without the clonky gear changes. Yes, it's slower, but in the real world journeys take around the same time, apart from slogging up the motorway. This is because the petrol… Read Full Review

“The reason for buying a scooter was mainly for work,...”

Written on: 04/07/2010 by steve evenden (1 review written)

The reason for buying a scooter was mainly for work, but i also wanted to do a tour down to the pyrenees and across to the med, well just to let you know i did and also the bike did it, altogether i did 2000m without any problems, i kept it at 50mph at first but the lorries kept attaking me so i increased it to 60mph which was fine if anything i was overtaking them. in the past i have done tours on big crusers but ive got to be honest i had less pain from vibration with the scooter than any big… Read Full Review

“ It goes well and corners well,good fun. ”

Written on: 07/06/2010

It goes well and corners well,good fun.
Just One or two things let it down, hard to see the dash lights in the sun, should be a warning buzzer for the indicators.
Wind blast if your over Six foot is a problem, yes it tops out at around 90,ish, but so hard to avoid the wind blast.
Someone mentioned it looks ugly.........??.
well I think it looks like an unexciting and boring 125, and so do most of the uninformed car drivers.
By the time they realise its not a 125,, its way too late.
Damn… Read Full Review

“So I have had my SH300i for a month now. I purchased...”

Written on: 03/04/2010 by sh300i1976 (1 review written)

So I have had my SH300i for a month now. I purchased the SH for commuting as the bad weather was killing my R1 that I was using most days. I managed to get a mint 09 plate in black with a top box that was a exdemo machine so really I am the first owner as it was practically brand new with just 980 miles on the clock all for just under 3K which was a bargain.

Well what a great little machine this is. Good power I can cruise easy at 80MPH and fly away from the lights. The brakes a very good and… Read Full Review

Sh300I1976's Response to sh300i1976's Review

Written on: 03/04/2010

Only other thing I forgot to mention was the scooter needs a screen for the higher speeds! Gets a bit windy at 80mph! I have gone for the GIVI sliding screen which is not as high but keeps the wind off you nicely!

“I purchased my Honda SH300i two years ago and have...”

Written on: 02/04/2010

I purchased my Honda SH300i two years ago and have been very pleased with it. The handling and preformance is great and the machine just sips petrol. I am getting around 85 mpg which for a machine that is able to reach 90 mph is a real result. This bike was developed by Honda ground up and they got most things spot on although they did not pay much attention to the machines looks thats why it's so ugly! Having said that this is commuter and not a fashion accessory.
I have fitted a screen which… Read Full Review

“Brilliant little scooter, based on cost and size of a...”

Written on: 31/01/2010

Brilliant little scooter, based on cost and size of a scooter, not slow embarrassed a Pan- European in side by side acceleration, but gets 95mpg £100 insurance, £33 tax and nips in and out of traffic with ease.. love everything about it… Read Full Review

Carnabyrider's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2010

Never sat down to calculate exact mpg but 95mpg must be way off the mark. Roughly 70mgp is mostly quoted in serious reviews.

“I bought the honda SH300i to commute 25 miles each way...”

Written on: 14/07/2009

I bought the honda SH300i to commute 25 miles each way to London and it has been excellent. My MPG has always been between 70 and 80. Before this bike I always had a motorbike and not a scooter but I found it a pain in the stop start traffic of London. The SH300i is so hassle free with no clutch or gears. It also means for nipping about you can accelerate quickly without hesitation as you don't need to worry about what gear you are, you just open up the throttle. Obviously in this respect it's… Read Full Review

“i had this Honda SH300i for 2 yrs,no problems at...”

Written on: 26/04/2009 by wing1971 (1 review written)

i had this Honda SH300i for 2 yrs,no problems at all,very quick,love it… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 21 - 30 of 43 Reviews

“Bought the Honda SH300i 6 month old scooter after...”

Written on: 09/04/2009 by Sunfish (1 review written)

Bought the Honda SH300i 6 month old scooter after having ridden bikes for years and I've now had it 6 months.I've allways been a fan of Honda's quality but this scooter has torpedoed my faith.The handling and exceleration are great and the screen(which I cut by a couple of inches) keeps a lot of weather off.However,I am now having to have both front and rear shocks replaced because of rust,upon a closer inspection there is also serious rusting underneath the panels (in too many places to… Read Full Review

“Had my Honda SH300i now 12months, covered 8000miles. ...”

Written on: 07/04/2009

Had my Honda SH300i now 12months, covered 8000miles. Dealer servicing at £60 per hour is ridiculous. Previous bikes include GSXR, Fireblade, SP1 and R1 - This is the best out of the lot because it does everything so well! (Looks naff though)
Pirelli do not officially bring in the excellent standard fit tyres, so have sourced them myself. Stops even better with EBC HH all round. Excellent two-up but suspension in low quality. Max preload on the rears sharpens up the handling but… Read Full Review

Carnabyrider's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2010

This review highlights lots of bad points I have not noticed after one year of use. I can only agree with the complaint of engine cutouts for no apparent reason. That happened to me four times in about 2000 miles. It usually occurs on deceleration before stopping and it is potentially dangerous. I didn't tell the mechanics to avoid bumping up servicing costs. Obviously I'd rather get run over than paying even more.

Mike On The Move's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2011

One of the few logical reasons this bike will experience an engine cut-out is if the oil pressure drops, at which time, the engine cuts out to protect itself (and in theory, the oil pressure warning light comes on). Perhaps if the oil level is marginal, the engine might, cut but the oil pressure warning light could extinguish itself before being noticed. If you experience the problem again, just check your oil level. Be aware, the level is checked with the dipstick unscrewed and just resting in the mount, not screwed down in the closed position. Hope this helps...

“The Honda SH300i is an EXCELENT scooter! Good fuel...”

Written on: 02/04/2009 by tanasescuandrei74 (1 review written)

The Honda SH300i is an EXCELENT scooter! Good fuel consumption, handling, acceleration and braking… Read Full Review

“Bought the SH300i last June and have only used it in...”

Written on: 15/03/2009 by Urbanfox2 (2 reviews written)

Bought the SH300i last June and have only used it in good weather (fair weather rider) apart from getting caught in a storm one day. Acceleration and cornering is good but I find, I'm 6ft, the wind drag at speeds faster than 45ish gets uncomfortable. My bike has no screen, don't like the look of the available ones for this bike, so don't know if one would Improve wind drag?
I also find the seat uncomfortable and would not like to travel any distance on this bike, I'm constantly moving on the… Read Full Review

“I recently purchased a Honda SH300i to compliment my...”

Written on: 03/01/2009 by paulusmaximus (4 reviews written)

I recently purchased a Honda SH300i to compliment my less-practical motorcycle collection and I can safely say that it doesn't disappoint. I live in Birmingham (UK) so inner-city ability was of paramount importance and for what the scooter is designed to be, it is by all practical purposes, perfect.
The best way that I can describe the SH is that it is like a 125 for people who are used to big bikes. It handles incredibly easily and predictably (I'm guessing the sh125 is even better, yet suited… Read Full Review

Mysterysong's Response to paulusmaximus's Review

Written on: 10/02/2009

A useful and helpful review - I'm currently riding the 125 but having test rode the 300 it's a much more useable bike with plenty of go. I'm hoping to change up but as the 125 is going so well the decision to do is slightly delayed.
<br/>
<br/>As you say, 'you get what you pay for' and for me, the 300, and 125, are worth every penny extra over the competition

Paulusmaximus's Response to paulusmaximus's Review

Written on: 22/05/2012

Thanks to all for the positive comments over the years.

I still have this scooter (possibly the best recommendation there is?) but my mileage on it is fairly light, mostly as it is spread across four vehicles.

As a small update, I would estimate that I have achieved around 58mpg over the scooter's lifetime so far. Given fuel prices these days, and that Honda are beginning to focus on improving fuel economy across its range (such as the NC700S) - I would say that this is the only genuine improvement they could effect. If an urban 75mpg was likely rather than merely possible, the SH300i would stay highly competitive.

As a final note, the SH has poor security on its ignition barrel, although I shan't note this as a negative as all scooters suffer from this. Two attempted thefts has left me with many bills repairing the ignition. As a premium urban runaround, Honda possibly should use their excellent motorbike security for their next revision.

Guest's Response to paulusmaximus's Review

Written on: 21/05/2012

The most comprehensive and fair review I have found. I have recently bought my Honda 300 so I could verify that.

Carnabyrider's Response to paulusmaximus's Review

Written on: 27/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...it is fair and well rounded and fits in with my experience after one year of using the SH300.

Gjw1992's Response to paulusmaximus's Review

Written on: 12/03/2009

Very helpful review - comprehensive and positive (which reinforces my ideas on the sh300i!).
<br/>
<br/>It has helped make my own mind up about getting one - I need the ability to get through London easily and to get to London in the first place. The sh300i looks te biz.
<br/>

“I have had around 10 motorbikes from 80 to 1300 cc...”

Written on: 01/11/2008

I have had around 10 motorbikes from 80 to 1300 cc (including Suzuki Hayabusa) and this scooter is the best tool in traffic and to commute. With enforced legislation, it is fast enough to get a... ticket. I can go to work with a tie and without boots or a leather jacket. I am better protected from rain. It does not lack many things (see above) to be perfect. It is true it is not that beautiful but once on the scooter, you can just see car drivers feeling envious and jealous... and you just… Read Full Review

“I have covered 500,000 miles on Backbirds, Blades,...”

Written on: 22/04/2008

I have covered 500,000 miles on Backbirds, Blades, Ducatis etc and done loads of track days. The Honda SH300i is the best machine I have ever had! The handling is better than a lot of budget bikes, the performance is comparable to a CB500 type machine and the economy about 70 miles per gallon. I bought the bike to commute and do the knowledge on so do 100miles + a days all year round. The bike has covered 10000miles and apart from the drive belt being a bit noisy and for some reason stalls once… Read Full Review

Rcoffin's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2009

Hi. I'm interested about your mention of random stalling. Mine does the same, Have you been able to find out why? It could be a safety thing if it does it just as you launch into a roundabout.
<br/>Thanks

Jonygun's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2013

Hi, really good review it interests me on a personal note as I'm going to start the knowledge soon and will have a 165 mile commute from somerset to London and wanted to no if you think this bike is capable, never had a scooter allways sports bikes, is it safe on motorways wind etc, thanks in advance

Jonny3's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2010

Just wanted to mention that I've had some troubles with the SH300. It's a great scooter to drive and good quality finishings but I've experienced many instances of it stalling for no reason in a traffic light or when stopping acceleration.
<br/>
<br/>Brought this to the attention of my dealer as it became quite dangerous at some point (it would do it twice a day, and then not do it until a week later, very random). After a few months of bringing the bike to the mechanic a few times and many internal checks (they could not find where the problem was) then honda told them that they were investigating this issue and that there had been some other instances of SHs stalling. They suggested it could be a software/usage problem but nothing more specific.
<br/>
<br/>So if your SH stalls, know that this is not normal and that other people are having the same problem. There may be a fault with some of the units although Honda will not recognise this (clearly it is not normal that a new bike - or any bike - cuts out for no reason whilst you are riding it).

“What an improvement over my old 125cc Pantheon....”

Written on: 18/04/2008 by lamorna (1 review written)

What an improvement over my old 125cc Pantheon. Thought about getting a Yamaha Black Max or Silverwing but glad I plumped for the Honda SH300i - as it is perfectly balanced for its 300cc engine size - no ungainly fairings to get in the way when filtering. Also it is not trying to be a motorbike. Looks clearly like a scooter - especially good with the windscreen. It is the near perfect machine for commuting in London along busy dual carriageways and city roads. It should be ok on the motorway as… Read Full Review

“Excellent in the city - best performance of the...”

Written on: 04/04/2008 by pkopp (1 review written)

Excellent in the city - best performance of the (rather) small scooters (passing waiting cars is legal in Austria). Quality seems Honda-typical good (cannot say that much after 9 month). 135 km/h. Brakes and ABS very good. Engine starts at +35 C just as at -15 C - press button once. Good start, room for improvements… Read Full Review

“Good scooter for general use. I bought the standard...”

Written on: 23/03/2008 by chub0121 (2 reviews written)

Good scooter for general use. I bought the standard windshield and fitted it as an extra, it worked well but it seemed to reflect the engine noise a lot. I got over this by having it carefully cut down so that it came to just below my eyeline. This did the trick and i still got good wind protection… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 31 - 40 of 43 Reviews

“After riding motorcycles for many years, I'm at the...”

Written on: 22/01/2008 by Ron Armes (3 reviews written)

After riding motorcycles for many years, I'm at the age where I needed something a little lighter. We have a motorhome and tow the bike on a trailer, but my last motorbike. a Yamaha 600 was getting too awkward and heavy to push on and off the trailer. The Honda. Although not in the same league as a 600 motorcycle for performance, is still very nippy and great fun. It has genuine motorway capabilities with its top speed and easy cruising. The ride is quite jerky compared with a motorbike, but I… Read Full Review

“It is very comfortable and light and with petrol going...”

Written on: 15/01/2008 by Hugo Caris (1 review written)

It is very comfortable and light and with petrol going up its fairly cheap… Read Full Review

“I had the optional screen and handguards fitted to my...”

Written on: 06/06/2007 by Teignlaner (1 review written)

I had the optional screen and handguards fitted to my Honda SH300i after two weeks. You have to get used to looking through the high screen, and regular cleaning is required to maintain clear vision. The protection is very good. The bike seems much more noisy with the screen fitted and the top speed is reduced to 80mph by the drag… Read Full Review