Ekornes Mayfair Chair Reviews

Ekornes Mayfair Chair - Ask a question now

“do not purchase if using on laminate floors”

Written on: 27/06/2013 by peachtreehouse (1 review written)

i have four mayfair stressless chairs in a large conservatory which has a laminate floor these chairs are impossible to do a 360 rotation with a gentle push as stated in the brochure all that happens is the rotating plastic ring locks to the wooden base this in turn then makes all the base turn on the laminate flooring e mailed the company over issue no reply visited retailer asking for a technical engineer from ekornes to check this problem out the retailer was reluctant to do this saying it… Read Full Review

Glfbrat's Response to peachtreehouse's Review

Written on: 10/07/2013

I have the same problem, I have PD and recent back fusion, they have come out and said I needed a part, I have laminate floors.my back is worse thn ever trying to turn. thanks for your information

Tsvendsen's Response to peachtreehouse's Review

Written on: 04/01/2014

There is a very easy solution to this problem. Go to the hardware store and but a package of the self adhesive carpet feltthat is used to put under furniture that sits on wooden flooring Get the smaller round ones and put about 8 of them under the plastic swivel ring. Now you should have no issue in swiveling the chair. That has always worked for me. Torben ( Ekornes representative)

“If you want a pair dont buy these i have just had two...”

Written on: 27/11/2010

If you want a pair dont buy these i have just had two Reno chairs deliversd one is bigger than the other ,you can see the difference .Also they go on about the comfort but ours are almost unusable i sat in one for less than an hour an had to get up and use the sofa.i could have got the same quality by buying a garden bench,or a second hand bus seat i am totally unimpressed with these chairs.A total waste of money,i am trying to get a refund out of th retailer,If you go ahead and purchase some i… Read Full Review

Shenavall's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2012

I wish I had read these reports before buying our two Stressless chairs. We have had the same problem with the coating on the leather and are finding it very difficult to get any help at all. Stressless themselves do not want to know and the shop has told us that we have to prove the problem is not caused by excess sebum, not them!. What is going on, we bought leather chairs because leather is hard wearing. Not so these. I would not recommend them to anyone and I do not want to see or hear about Stressless ever again. Where are our guarantee rights? Anyone had any luck with their claim, please let us know.

Christine Stewart

“Ordered 2 Ekornes Sunrise chairs Feb 13, 2010. They...”

Written on: 16/08/2010

Ordered 2 Ekornes Sunrise chairs Feb 13, 2010. They arrived in Aug. One had a rip in the leather & both of the PC tables are defective. VERY dissapointed, NOT worth the money. Really want a refund. Called Ekornes, not much help, stopped pymt through Amex. Regret this purchase, very poor quality… Read Full Review

Leebagnall's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2012

Ekornes do not sell directly to the public , they supply the product to independent retailers, if it arrived to the retailer with a rip , it would have been returned to us for a complete refund or exchange. This sounds like it was damaged during delivery so would be the retailers responsibility to change. If you contact us at ekornes with the details , we will endeavour to get the retailer to sort it out.

“7 (SEVEN) months to get a $12,000 3-piece sofa. It...”

Written on: 14/08/2010

7 (SEVEN) months to get a $12,000 3-piece sofa. It arrived today & a section of the corner piece was crushed. This is after waiting over 3 months for Ekornes to replace the original corner piece which was the wrong color. We rejected the shipment & have protested payments made via AMEX. The flimsy cardboard packaging would not have protected a shipment of plastic furniture across town.

BEYOND PATHETIC IN EVERY ASPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“ ”

Written on: 07/08/2010 by animallovers (1 review written)

Ekornes Stressless Chairs
It is STRESS not STRESSLESS!
I just bought 2010 two leather chairs; two different models but same color leather. Customer service and QUALITY CONTROL stink!!! They ship a defective chair from Norway $2600, total for both $4,000; we waited four months to receive it. The store we bought it from said they inspected it and we picked them up still in boxes. The store had a contractor (3rd party) look at the chair and yes the seat cushion is way off. They are only willing… Read Full Review

“While these chairs are comfortable, we had a problem...”

Written on: 27/05/2010

While these chairs are comfortable, we had a problem with the leather discoloring within the year from chemotherapy chemicals in the hair of the primary "sitter". Our calls to the company where we purchased it(Tysons in NC)were ignored, so we finally called the company. While the woman was sympathetic, I had to come up with a solution myself by ordering an extra piece of leather from Ekornes and then will pay to have that piece incorporated into the chair. It has been 8 weeks since my credit… Read Full Review

“Dear all, I was thinking about upgrading my Stressless...”

Written on: 21/04/2010

Dear all, I was thinking about upgrading my Stressless after 18 years and came across these reviews.
I would like to add some positive remarks regarding these chairs - the chair I have had has been excellent - extrememly comfortable and recommended by a friend.
I needed some clips for the chair some time ago and I was sent these by their very helpful services who coudnt have done more to help.
I couldnt recommend more and they are well worth the money… Read Full Review

“Because of the poor warranty on my Ekornes Mayfair...”

Written on: 18/08/2008 by chris nixon (1 review written)

Because of the poor warranty on my Ekornes Mayfair Chair on the bits that matter, I wouldn't recommend them to anybody again. Warranty on cushions is limited to 1 year only. Ours has flattened after 3 years (9 stone 51 woman the only user). Considering the chairs cost well over £1000.00 each I reckon that they aren't the value for money that we should expect at the price… Read Full Review

Leebagnall's Response to chris nixon's Review

Written on: 13/09/2012

Chris, send me your details would be happy to look into for you , lee.bagnall@ekornes.com UK Managing Director

Chris Nixon's Response to chris nixon's Review

Written on: 21/11/2012

After 4 years a reply and resolution from Ekornes to my chair that is now 7 1/2 years old. New seat cushion supplied and fitted, feels just like the chair should have done originally.
Well done Ekornes, add at least another 3 stars.

“We purchased two of these chairs and found them to be...”

Written on: 11/05/2008

We purchased two of these chairs and found them to be very comfortable even after watching a couple of movies back to back. We have owned Stressless chairs for 20 years and just purchased the Mayfair as an upgrade. The old chairs are still in great condition. We had the upgraded leather on the Mayfair, very nice. We would buy them again… Read Full Review

“Very comfortable and soft leather.”

Written on: 17/02/2008 by rlangbert (1 review written)

Very comfortable and soft leather… Read Full Review

“Good looking and lovely leather. Chair is...”

Written on: 10/02/2008 by malcolmv (1 review written)

Good looking and lovely leather. Chair is uncomfortable to sit on after a period of time. Two areas become irritating to me after about 15-20 minutes. The first is a line of very prominent stitching that presses into the small of the back and the second is where 4 panels of leather are stitched together on either side of the back rest and form two small lumps. These coincide perfectly with my shoulder blades. The net result is that I am slouching in the chair and using a cushion to try and get… Read Full Review

“Features a patented glide system that moves with you...”

Written on: 03/01/2008

Features a patented glide system that moves with you as you recline. A patented lower back lumbar support is built into the chair offering pressure relief on sore backs. The base of the chair features a 360 degree swivel. The headrest of the chair adjusts to keep your head forward when watching TV or reading a book. Matching ottomans/footstools are often included with these chairs. Ekornes Stressless recliners are considered to be among the top recliners in the world. Currently sold in over 30… Read Full Review

Makb1's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2009

I found this review unhelpful because... it seemed to be saying more about the company and where it sold chairs than about the chair itself

Haggardpete's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2010

This does sound like a plug for the company. My limited experience of stressless chairs make me feel they are very good if expensive but I would disregard this review

Animallovers's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2010

It is STRESS not STRESSLESS!
<br/>I found this review not helpful because...it talked about the company. I just bought two leather chairs; two different models and the customer service and QUALITY CONTROL stink!!! They ship a deflective chair from Norway $2600, total for both $4,000; we waited four months to receive it. The store we bought it from said they inspected it and we picked them up still in boxes. The store had a contractor (3rd party) look at the chair and yes the seat cushion is way off. They are only willing (at this point) to replace that chair. I bought them to color age together and since it will take another four months to make there is no guarantee the chairs will match. Manager from the store contacted the Ekornes sales rep for him to contact me, four days later and nothing. US need jobs, Norway is the third highest paying salaries in the world and the green print to ship from there to here is hugh. Very disappointed to say the least. I am still protected from my credit card company so if they don't replace both chairs I will be returning them and my credit card company will dispute the charges.
<br/>