Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Divan Reviews

Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top Divan - Ask a question now

“Sealy Delivery Oblivion”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by PimmsAgain (1 review written)

I bought a Sealy mattress online 6 weeks ago. The delivery agreement on the website was 2-3 weeks. CEVA, the delivery company used by Sealy, left a message on my answerphone several days after the order. When I noticed the message, I called back immediately, a few days later. I was offered a date "a MINIMUM of 3 weeks after" my call back to CEVA, i.e. 3 weeks on top of the 1 week delay to book the delivery date = 4 weeks after the purchase. I asked for date immediately at the end of the 4… Read Full Review

“Sealy The International Collection Benson beds -...”

Written on: 24/05/2014 by christinaerdey (1 review written)

WE purchased the above bed approx 13 months ago for 1400 pounds in a SUPER King size. My husband weight 190 and I weight 149pds. We rotated the Non flip bed as required, and yet this bed has sunk in horribly, and we now wake up with such sore backs each morning. The fabric on the pillow top actually looks like the bed is an ocean with waves rippling exactly where we both lie each night. Ridiculous for an expensive Sealy bed. We bought this at Bensons Beds in Cambridge, but now that we have… Read Full Review

“sealy posturepedic review”

Written on: 27/03/2014 by ValeriaMcConnell (1 review written)

we have had sealy beds for the last 25 years and never had a problem and have just bought a new romance with pillow top and had sealy enchantment which we still have and sleep well in after ten years and no bad smell whatsoever from bedstar. Has anyone considered that their beds bought may be fake sealy beds ? we have never had a problem and will report on the new one, we are both on the heavier side weight wise… Read Full Review

“Sealy Brisbane Super King”

Written on: 18/02/2014

I bought this Sealy Brisbane 'flagship' bed 1 year ago and the comfort and support has rapidly deteriorated to the point where I am now getting sciatic nerve problems from lower back posture whilst sleeping in this bed, and am seeing the doctor about it (I am young). It also hurts my shoulders as it will not now conform to my slim shape. I am really upset to the point of shock on reading some other reviews of this bed. It was so expensive and came with all sorts of promises from the… Read Full Review

“king size”

Written on: 12/02/2014

we bought a sealy king size bed in july 2013. within 1 month it was as if a 3rd person was lying between us. the bed had dipped badly on either side and left a lump in the middle. we got in touch with the company who sent someone out to check. he measured the dips on each side and said this was normaland it would sort itself out. a report was then sent to the company who then wrote nothing would be done. we could get an independant examiner in but the first one had said if the mattress was… Read Full Review

“You can spend £1,000s, Bensons won't make it right”

Written on: 06/02/2014

We bought a Sealy Brisbane "Posturepedic" bed set in July 2013. At first it was fine, but as so many have said, very shortly it developed depressions where we slept. These depressions result in lower back pain for both of us. Often I wake in the night with numb shoulders. I spent around £200 on a succession of lower pillows to try and relieve the strain on my neck. Sealy don't want anything to do with the issue. Turning the mattress (not flipping - you can't, it's a pillow top) would give… Read Full Review

Rachelparkinson111's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2014

Omg! We purchased this same bed "Brisbane" from Bensons Jan 13!!! 12 months later & 40 physio theraphy treatments (costing a fortune) We have got no where with this company! Until i just read this i believed 6 months ago that i must have injured myself and it could NOT possibly my £1500 brand new bed!!! I realised 11 months later after spending a couple of nights in my daughters bed with her as she was sick that it was infact the bed!!! We have had the FIRA out who says the same!! We will be taking it further too!!!

Andyd64's Comment

Written on: 09/02/2014

We have had exactly the same issues. It's like we have wrote this review. I have never heard of a sagging mattress being within a tolerance level. The mattress dictates how you sleep. Both Bensons and Sealy are a disgrace

“Bensons for beds and FIRA - DISGUSTING”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by jaycoates (1 review written)

We bought a bensons for beds Super King Divan and Matress for £1200.00 after only 7 months the Memory foam collapsed leaving huge craters in both sides of the bed and a huge lump in the middle. Bensons were rude on the phone when we rang to tell them about it. The store would only divert us back to there customer support line. We provided photographs showing how bad the bed was and stated we were not happy and the bed was not fit for purpose. Bensons for Beds sent a Fira inspector out… Read Full Review

Suechatterton's Response to jaycoates's Review

Written on: 28/12/2013

Hi there I'm pleased to read your review not because you have had a problem but ours is exactly the same.
We purchased a Sydney super king mattress two years ago and after 13 months we experienced the same problems as yourselves springs gone on one side and lump in the middle. I contacted bensons and they said it was out of guarantee as mattress was only guaranteed for one year. We already had a new bedstead . they would do nothing about it so as with you £1000 down the drain. I have put up with the discomfort for another year now but can stand it no longer suffering with a bad back. It is only that I was trawling the net to get some advice on what a good mattress was to purchase and came across your review.
It must be a fault on this model of mattress and bensons should have done something about it.
You're right it is disgusting and we are now looking at spending the same again on another mattress .

Jaycoates's reply to Suechatterton's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2014

I attacked there facebook page letting everyone know on there facebok page of my problems. The next morning I had a phone call from bensons offering me a full refund

Sealysydney's Response to jaycoates's Review

Written on: 20/01/2014

I also bought a Sealy Sydney bed from Bensons and had all the same problems described in these reviews. My bed cost £1200.00 and I paid for it on finance arranged by Bensons. I complained by phone to Bensons customer services as instructed by the shop I got the bed from. They eventually agreed to send out an INDEPENDANT ( ????? ) inspector after I sent two lots of photographs and letters outlining ALL the faults with the mattress. The inspector also took photographs and said it was "normal settlement". My photographs contained a tape measure showing the depth of the dipping on both sides and various positions of the mattress including the sides which had collapsed. I had followed all instructions for turning the mattress etc. I also got three independent bed companies to inspect the bed and got written reports from them all. They all agreed the mattress was NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE ( to put it politely and legally ). I wrote a very detailed letter including my photographs and reports to BENSONS SHOP, BENSONS CUSTOMER SERVICES, BENSONS MANAGING DIRECTOR ( for his personal attention ) SEALY ( who do not want to know and refer you back to Bensons ) THE FINANCE COMPANY, TRADING STANDARDS. I persevered and let them all know I was not going to go away unless this matter was resolved to my satisfaction. It did take a few months and it was relentless but it paid off in the end. I refused a replacement bed and stuck to my request of a refund and was eventually sent a cheque from Bensons.
I will NEVER recommend or buy anything from SEALY or BENSONS again. I was also informed that the bed was not been made anymore but I have since been to Bensons and seen the same bed but under a different name...BEWARE!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP....FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

Jaycoates's reply to Sealysydney's Comment

Dunn2621's reply to Sealysydney's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2014

Interesting to note as I was looking at one of their expensive models.
What is the bed you are referring to now called please as I would not want to go through what you have.

“Sealy Posturepedic Gold Pillow Top Divan 4 Draw”

Written on: 11/05/2013 by goodorbad (1 review written)

Sleep, I need sleeeep! That is how i feel after spending £900+ on this so called Luxury Posturepedic Sealy bed. We purchased the bed after trying a similar one in a well known bed shop. We agreed at the time it felt better than our old bed and paid our money to Argos taken in by the sales schpeel. After a week or 2 we thought the back ache was just where we were getting used to the new mattress. Oh, no it got a lot worse. To the point now that I have back & shoulder pain daily. It's not just… Read Full Review

“Do not buy a Sealy memory foam/latex pillow top mattress. ”

Written on: 03/04/2013 by HB365 (1 review written)

The Sealy Posturepedic Pillow top memory foam/latex bed has technical issues. It causes terrible backache, numbness in the upper body and tossing and turning - everything it is marketed not to do!! Bensons and Sealy are denying the problem. An inspector was sent out to me but as the problem is not a visual one - it is in the dexterity/manufacture of the memory foam - the report concluded there was visually nothing wrong with my bed. DON'T BUY THIS BED PLEASE! SEALY AND BENSONS NEED TO ADDRESS… Read Full Review

Hb365's Response to HB365's Review

Written on: 03/04/2013

It's a cop out that Bensons are saying they have only a few complaints from all the mattresses they sell. I was told the same! There is a technical issue with Sealy Memory foam pillow top mattresses which they need to address. Many people are not able to complain and are unaware of how to go about it! It's not in our British nature to complain so Sealy and Bensons continue to obtain money from innocent consumers by selling sub standard and unfit for purpose products.
Important to note also that the manufacturer's guarantee only applies if the retailer confirms that the product is faulty so don't be fooled by Benson's sales talk!

Marshlander321's Response to HB365's Review

Written on: 09/05/2013

I agree the mattress is sub-standard and causes chronic backache. Every single movement can be felt by either partner. The memory foam dips excessively and does not return. I bought the mattress from Paul Simon and following my complaint Sealy sent out a rep agent from DIFRA to check the mattress - what a useless man he was - denied that anything was wrong - obviously on a bonus to them for any faults not registered! I am absolutely disgusted with SEALY. Whatever you do DO NOT BUY A SEALY MATTRESS - they are POOR QUALITY AND NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. - Watchdog here I come!

Chancat75's reply to Marshlander321's Comment

Written on: 20/01/2014

I have also been suffering in silence. I keep telling my partner that my back is killin me. It's only until his back has now been aching that he is taking me serious. I have been stripping back the bed and showing him the lumps and bumps. The bed is so uncomfortable that it feels that I have not had it too long, however I have had it since October 2012. The bed does have a five year guarantee. So I am going to see what I can do about it.

It is also very sqwee my. I am astonished at the amount of complaints!

Roughroadstar's Response to HB365's Review

Written on: 11/04/2013

It's not a technical issue. There are chemicals sprayed on these beds. I bought one made by Sears two months ago that is making us sick. Insomnia, hives, rashes and itchy blisters. Sears is denying the problem. There are others online all complaining about Sealy beds.

“Terrible”

Written on: 14/03/2013 by Sarah2040 (1 review written)

Bought the Sydney kingsize with headboard for over £1200 about 12 months ago. Lumps, ridges, sleeping on a slope, overheating, terrible backache both lower and across shoulders are all features of this bed. Only positive it looks quite nice :) Returned first mattress after a fair amount of complaining and providing photographic evidence now waiting for an inspector to visit re second mattress which lasted slightly longer (5months) before causing excruciating backache. Interestingly although… Read Full Review

Fatimahatcha's Response to Sarah2040's Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

i've had exactly the same problem. Bought the sydney double mattress for a little over £800, returned the first one because of severe back pain the mattress was indented in the middle, every night we spent on the mattress was uncomfortable and after some photographic evidence it was replaced by a newer more "expensive" model. After sleeping one week on the new one we are in exactly the same situation as mattress one. its been so bad that we've actually gone back to using our old mattress that is over 12yrs old.

“I adore my sealy Brisbane ”

Written on: 24/02/2013

For the first couple of weeks it wasn't the best but I suppose some things have to be broken in gently. I'm so glad we didn't change it. We haven't turned this mattress yet and had it for 5 months- no sign of any dipping or defects yet. It is the best bed I've ever slept in. The mattress retains heat too, so when you want to get back into bed with breakfast it is still toasty ;) the only down side is the mattress is very deep so it was hard to find decent fitted sheets… Read Full Review

Timmr's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2013

So how is the Brisbane holding up 6 months later? Still comfy? Am wondering as we are considering buying one ourselves but I'm concerned about the durability of the pillow top. Thanks!

Thejlt's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2013

The pillowtop is still like new. Fantastic bed. One of my best purchases.

Ellbee's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2013

My experience is that the pillow top overheats unpleasantly. The depth of the mattress plus top is 36cm so you certainly do need to buy special large bedlinen, and the height of the bed is over 72 cm from the floor, you can't even sit comfortably on the side of the bed. You can't turn this one-sided mattress. So it's £1200 or so to sleep on a 10cm piece of plastic foam.

“Enchantment and Devonshire Sealy Mattress”

Written on: 15/02/2013

We purchased a Sealy Enchantment mattress in July 2011 from Paul Simon, Swindon, when it arrived it appeared to be wet and smelt of chemicals,we enquired why and were advised it was the fire retardent spray which is applied before transit and would dry out within a few days. We battled on with a wet mattress for around 12 weeks and then complained to Paul Simon, eventually the manager came out and agreed there was a problem and the mattress was replaced within 3 weeks. The second mattress… Read Full Review

Roughroadstar's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2013

Do not buy a Sealy. The chemicals may make you sick. It's been two months. We are still Sick.

“Sealy Sydney Squeaky Squeaky”

Written on: 01/01/2013 by nickkrop (1 review written)

The Sealy Sydney mattress started creaking and squeaking within weeks of first use and now it wakes up my girlfriend every time either of us move an inch. I'm only 11 stone so it's not a weight issue, it's a rubbish mattress issue… Read Full Review

“Problem with mattress dipping within weeks”

Written on: 15/11/2012 by MrandMrsGeorge (1 review written)

We purchased the Sealy Sydney divan and mattress in November 2011. Within weeks the mattress started dipping where we sleep. A year later its now causing us backache and my husband and I have a hill in the middle of our mattess. When we spoke to the sales person in the store he said there was a recognized fault in the mattress, however we've phoned their customer services and of course, they are blaming us for not turning the mattess enough!! We've gotten back onto them to complain and… Read Full Review

Martinimaker's Response to MrandMrsGeorge's Review

Written on: 21/01/2013

I purchased my Sealy pillow top divan set in November 2011 also and it has caused me immeasurable backache and sleepless nights. One side of the mattress is most definitely faulty but I didn't discover this for several months until I spun the mattress. Then I blamed myself for maybe over doing it at the gym. I persevered with it and then spun it again after another few months and had wonderful sleeps. When I spun it again and realised the fault I complained to Bensons and they have said it's up to me to prove the mattress is faulty as it's now a year old. Sealy won't act until Bensons report it to them as faulty. This is a £1500 divan set and it is totally unfit for purpose and doesn't conform to the marketing claims. I have spoken to an independent furniture repairer who has confirmed that the tests will be mainly structural, visual and the inspector will lay on the bed for a few minutes. All in all this will not prove anything. I understand from research that Sealy are allegedly having problems with memory foam mattresses but no one is willing to help me. DO NOT BUY THIS SEALY DIVAN SET/MATTRESS AND DO NOT BUY FROM BENSONS - THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALLING!

Cathyd254's Response to MrandMrsGeorge's Review

Written on: 12/03/2013

I'm having the same problem & they don't want to know. I told them that my husband rotates the mattress religiously & they more or less called me a liar. I bought 2 of them @ over £3000 I'm still paying them up. It's ridiculous that they get away with all this upheaval & stress.

Summersn's Response to MrandMrsGeorge's Review

Written on: 07/02/2013

We have exactly the same bed and exactly the same problem despite religiously turning the mattress regularly during the first year of use. We complained and inspectors came out last week to look at it. One laid on it for all of 30 seconds and they put a piece of wood across it to measure the dips. BEWARE - if you have the same then watch where they measure - they have sent photos in of the piece of wood and a tape measure showing the depth of the dip but it is not in the worst affected places. They have now sent us their report. They have not accused us of not turning the mattress (quite obvious we have from the dips) but they have said that they can see no manufacturing problem with the bed. I am experiencing real backache and loss of sleep. I hve never spent this much on a bed and of all the cheaper models I have bought n the past have never had this problem. I think the inspectors report is designed to fob you off but please don't. Take it further - I thought it was only us that had the problem but it appears that loads more of you have that same problem. I am really pleased for the people that are loving the mattress - I wonder if there is a particular batch that has broken down although there seem to be an awful lot of complaints. The report says thats an end of it unless we want to go for an independent report which me must pay for and they must recognise (sounds like the industry is sticking together on this one)!! If I get any further news I will let you all know.

Summersn's Response to MrandMrsGeorge's Review

Written on: 06/02/2013

We have had exactly the same problem. Somebody actually came out to inspect the bed last week and their report came in today. It states that the dips are natural and that there is no manufacturing problem with the bed. We have turned our mattress regularly and we have dips down both sides and despiteusing the middle of the bed too there is a hill in the middle. The inspectors seem to think that this is normal. I am experiencing really bad back ache now and not sleeping well at all. In their report they said all we can do now is get an independant report at our own expense because asfar as they are concerned there is nothing wrong with the bed. I will be going into Bensons tomorrow to make a further complaint and let them know that I will be taking it further. I have never spent so much on a bed. All of the cheap ones I have had in the past have caused me no problems whatsoever. I never thought that spending so much money on a bed would be a waste. I would suggest that you do not buy a Sealy because they are probably still selling the sydney but under a different name. I would definitely recommend that you do not use Bensons for Beds either as they promise you the world in the store but thats where it ends.

Bednotfitforpurpose's reply to Summersn's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2014

I wish I'd searched for other reviews of the Sydney bed before now. We paid well over £1,000 for this king size bed hoping it would relieve the back pain I frequently get
My back pain is worse.
The so-called 'memory' foam is a joke. We, just like so many of those who have reported on her, now have a mattress which has 2 dips and a ridge in the middle. Even when we've 'allowed' the mattress a couple of weeks (ie holidays) to recover its memory, there's no improvement.
The bed is now over 2 years old and it was just over the one year guarantee when we started to recognise just how bad the problem was, so we thought there was nothing we could do.
HOWEVER, I've just spotted a Sealy website which suggests that when the mattress and base are bought together, there is 5 year guarantee.
No-one, regardless of their means, should have to quibble when such an expensive item is not suitable for the use it was designed for!
Surely if enough people voice there complaints - Watchdog, anyone? - some compensation should eventually materialise........

“Sealy Sydney International King Size”

Written on: 03/09/2012

Ordered and bought one of these March 2012 from Bensons. Arrived 4 weeks after. Within 2 weeks the legendary dips were well in place and sleeping for any length of time was a massive achievement. It felt like sleeping uphill. My wife and I even had competitions who could claim the high ground in the middle! After the two weeks I contacted Bensons and after sending photos of the disaster zone they agreed to send a replacement mattress. This arrived a further three weeks later. And yes you've… Read Full Review

“Really bad product ”

Written on: 19/08/2012

We really wanted a nice bed, something more luxurious than your average foam mattress. We bought a Sealy International Range - what a terrible mistake. The bed arrived a week ago and still has a very strong 'chemical' smell. Noone wants to go into the bedroom - which now became an off limits area - let alone slip in it. Lucky we still have our old bed! I do not even know whether the bed is comfy or not. We have the window open 24/7 (and most other windows at home) - otherwise you would be… Read Full Review

“Wonderful mattress, but a bit of a pain.”

Written on: 08/07/2012 by deepsleeper (1 review written)

We bought ours in December 2011 and are getting some good nights sleeps on it. The only problem is the turning, which you do have to do every 2 weeks or you start to notice a bit of a dip. If you do this, it's wonderful, but if you are in any way incapable of turning, what is quite a heavy mattress, then get something else. If you try to do it alone, ironically, you will get a bad back!… Read Full Review

“Sealy Sydney.... Don't give up!”

Written on: 02/07/2012 by Seahorse26 (1 review written)

We bought our Sealy Sydney mattress in August 2011 from Benson's beds. Within a couple of weeks the mattress had dipped on both sides, despite rotation as instructed. We have never experienced such as uncomfortable bed, the dips measured 5cm and as a consequence, we were slleeping at 15 degree angle as we were forced to roll into the middle of the bed! We complained to Benson's customer service team, who were not only rude, but unable to offer a solution. Determined not to give up, I… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Seahorse26's Review

Written on: 08/07/2012

Must comment. I cant see it as the Mattress design as such - so no reason why it should be removed from the market. ANY item CAN be defective - from either materials or workmanship. You just got unlucky.

Joegunner's Response to Seahorse26's Review

Written on: 24/07/2012

Question for guest response 24/7/12

How long did you have the bed before you noticed sagging? And how long before you complained was it after the 40 day trial period?

Guest's Response to Seahorse26's Review

Written on: 24/07/2012

We have just bought this sealy sydney bed, and have had no end of trouble, ours has dipped both sides where we sleep and have had a very long protracted correspondance with customer services over 3 months, who sent their 'independant' inspector out, who funnily said there was no fault and that it was settlement. Customer services now want us to pay 20% plus delivery to exchange, but as i said this is not acceptable they have urged me to contact trading standards or the furniture ombudsman.

I think i will visit the store on saturday and see what they say

Joegunner's Response to Seahorse26's Review

Written on: 11/07/2012

We just ordered a super king Sealy Sydney yesterday then came home to read all these bad reviews, so we rang the salesman this morning to ask for his comments regarding this and where we would stand if this happened to us. He said Sealy have now changed the way they fill and stitch the top cushion part of the mattress after acknowledging there was a problem (about 10 months ago) he also reminded me that we have a 40 day trial period so if we weren’t happy with the mattress we could exchange it and we also have a 5 year guarantee. He also mentioned about how many of these mattresses Bensons sell compared to the complaints and he thinks we will have no problems and be very happy with it and wouldn’t hesitate to sell/recommend this mattress as the thinks it is so good. We also got a very good deal on the mattress and a wooden bed so fingers crossed X

Hb365's reply to Joegunner's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2013

The guarantee only applies if the retailer confirms the product is faulty!

Hb365's reply to Joegunner's Comment

“Sealy Sidney Mattress”

Written on: 29/06/2012

we bought our king size december 2010 and had months perfect sleep on the bed BUT we both started to get bad back aches and then we noticed the dips both sides of the bed so after 14 months we could not take it anymore so complained to the customer service who were very good and we got a replacement mattress for just £117 pounds as it was outside the gaurentee. NOW after just ONE WEEK we are back to the dips and they are worse than ever. I WISH WE WOULD HAVE RESEARCHED THIS SITE BEFORE WE… Read Full Review

“Suprised by other reviews”

Written on: 25/06/2012 by Jameswood56 (1 review written)

I was on here to write a bad review about a mattress recently bought in dreams but am utterly amazed by people's reaction to this bed. We bought the Sydney about 10 months ago and it has been absolutely sublime for as long as we have had it. We turned the mattress as recommended instore and yes a slight ridge formed but after a bit of jumping up on down on it the paddings obviously bedded in properly and it's been perfect ever since. Lovely and cosy this bed is so good for my wife's back. I had… Read Full Review