Membury Services, between J14 & J15, M4 Reviews

Membury Services, between J14 and J15, M4 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Membury Services, between J14 and J15, M4

Membury Services, between J14 and J15, M4

“Never Again! Filthy place.”

Written on: 15/08/2013

Stopped here tonight aroumd half past eight.just returned from a holiday in Turkey,and needed petrol and a bite to eat.Bad decision! The food area upstairs was filthy.Litter everywhere, and unwashd tables.Someone had started to sweep up, but had left ..the brush and pile of rubbish behind , and didnt return while we were there .The food was appalling, I had a chicken, ham and mushroom pie and chips,,which was inedible.My husband had a burger king meal,that was the worst hed ever experienced… Read Full Review

“It was terrible”

Written on: 03/03/2012 by MOLAUDER (1 review written)

I am outraged at how bad this service station was, I turned up at 9:39pm and brought the WORST ever doughnut and the top it off It cost me £1.65, absolutely disgusted! their KFC wasnt even open.. I had to resort to eat a old burger bun I found on the floor outside the services. Burger was open.. but it was infested with pests (rats) soo I had to be turned away! I WAS STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to MOLAUDER's Review

Written on: 18/06/2013

You have obviously placed this review here to draw a few witty remarks to yourself, in my opinion. I can not believe that in this day and age, you stooped so low as to pick up from the floor outside the services, an old burger bun which had been infested by pests/rats. How you resorted to doing that...STARVING OR NOT, I fail to understand....or even believe. Being on the motorway, you had obviously arrived there by car or some form of transport. Surely you could have pushed on until you could leave the motorway at the next junction and found a café, or even a pub for a light snack.

Your on a motorway for goodness sake NOT the SAHARA DESERT

“stayed at the days inn hotel and apart from smelling...”

Written on: 16/11/2010

stayed at the days inn hotel and apart from smelling of cats p*55 that frequent noise from the M4 keeped me awake all night. I might as well sleeped in my car on the hard shoulder.
I also got moved to another from which was full of mould and sticky sheets.
DO NOT STAY HERE… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2013

You should have refused to take the room if it was that smelly....and quite rightly so, you did. As for being given another room to sleep in. You found the sheets to be sticky. I wonder what that could have been ??? Next time, I think it would be better to sleep in the car, whilst off the road and in a car park.

“I recently needed to meet my wife who was coming from...”

Written on: 03/10/2010

I recently needed to meet my wife who was coming from Belgium travelling on a coach along the west carriage way. I had to come along the east carriageway. We arranged to meet at Membury because there is a footbridge over the motorway. I expected to find signs to the the footbridge: there were none at all - and not on the otherside of the motorway. It was dark. I went into service area and asked members of staff,but they were foreign and did not understand the meaning of the word 'bridge'… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2013

With respect, I really don't think that you should be crossing motorway bridges in the dark and at that time of night. You should have chosen a different meeting place. As for asking the staff about 'BRIDGE' then the English language being what it is, they may have thought that you were asking them if they would like to have a game of cards with you.

“I've been a loyal and frequent Membury Services user...”

Written on: 23/11/2008 by tomgore10 (1 review written)

I've been a loyal and frequent Membury Services user and is by far the best service station on the m4 and possibly the whole of the south of england… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I am amazed that a service station which calls itself...”

Written on: 19/09/2008 by tonywakefield (1 review written)

I am amazed that a service station which calls itself the 'Welcome Break' can charge a motorist £350 for parking for 2 hours and five minutes. The notices, displyed by Car Park + for Welcome Break state that if you stay longer than two hours you can be wheel clmaped - release fee £250, fine £100… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to tonywakefield's Review

Written on: 18/06/2013

Welcome Break !! That one surely breaks the record.

“Clean and tidy especially the toilets petrol prices...”

Written on: 11/06/2008 by mike vile (1 review written)

Clean and tidy especially the toilets petrol prices reasonable compared to other garages overall well done to all employees that work there… Read Full Review

Johnwataboy's Response to 373365_mike vile's Review

Written on: 18/06/2013

Fair play. Give them their due. I have always found the toilets to be well kept and constantly cleaned. Which maybe is not easy for such a turnover of customers coming and going to the services

“We were on our way to my parent's house a fortnight...”

Written on: 23/05/2007 by WonderboyBlues (4 reviews written)

We were on our way to my parent's house a fortnight ago. Having bought a Toyota Prius (with the LPG fuel engine), i was worried that finding LPG fuel at a service station would be difficult.
We stopped at Membury Services on the M4, and were happy to find that they did LPG fuel. No more running on fumes for us!… Read Full Review

Woodcot's Response to WonderboyBlues's Review

Written on: 10/07/2009

try filling up there on the way home, westbound! No LPG there. Most annoying. We thought the same as you so planned the refuel for membury westbound and they let us down big time.

Johnwataboy's Response to WonderboyBlues's Review

Written on: 18/06/2013

That's news to me also. I didn't know they did LPG either. I wonder how the motorist who buys an electric motor car is going to manage ?