Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007) Reviews

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007) - Ask a question now

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“I love all the Harry Potter books and films. What I...”

Written on: 14/07/2009 by nintendonut (1 review written)

I love all the Harry Potter books and films. What I like in particular is that fact that the Harry Potter films get better and more adult as they go along. Order of the Phoenix is the start of the darker more sinister Harry Potter films.

What makes Harry Potter films great is the special effects and the mind blowing creativity of JK Rowling. How she thinks up the characters and their shenanigans I don't know.

Another great harry potter film...can't wait to the Half Blood Prince, only a… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“Suffering from ever-more-frequent nightmares after his...”

Written on: 18/10/2007 by mr underhill (4 reviews written)

Suffering from ever-more-frequent nightmares after his fateful encounter with the resurrected Lord Voldermort (Fiennes) last year, Harry Potter (Radcliffe) has just had a particularly miserable summer with his detestable relatives. Things are made even worse when he finds that he and Hogwarts headmaster Dumbledore (Gambon) have been made the subjects of a media smear campaign. The Minister of Magic himself, fervently denying the renewed threat to the wizarding society, takes it upon himself… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“After an unsettling summer for Harry Potter following...”

Written on: 12/08/2007 by shivorny (1 review written)

After an unsettling summer for Harry Potter following the return of the Dark Lord, and an ambush in Little Whinging by two Dementors no less, he returns to Hogwarts for a fifth and action-packed year. This year sees the return of all our favourite characters, and a handful of new faces, most noticably, the new ministry-appointed defence against the dark arts teacher - Professor Umbridge! Although, unlike the rest of the teachers, she's rather sinister and in no way as cuddly and cosy as she… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“My girlfriend wanted to see this film so I had to take...”

Written on: 10/08/2007 by yellowtimechris (109 reviews written)

My girlfriend wanted to see this film so I had to take her, to my surprise I didn't rate it too highly, must admit the film felt a little too long and the smiling situation always seems weird.... but..... I didn't get a numb backside and some effects were fantastic. An excellent film for 9 year olds and girlfriends to see… Read Full Review

Franky Baby's Response to yellowtimechris's Review

Written on: 14/08/2007

The smiling situation??? Please explain (I have not seen the film yet by the way)

Yellowtimechris's Response to yellowtimechris's Review

Written on: 14/08/2007

The smiling situation, this is when one of the characters suddenly gives either a hug or/and stands there with a full teeth smile and looks corny.

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“I have never read any of the Harry Potter books and...”

Written on: 07/08/2007 by emza2511 (176 reviews written)

I have never read any of the Harry Potter books and just seen the films, well the first, second and this one! Going into the cinema thinking that having missed out two films I would be totally lost and wouldn't enjoy it the same, however I was pleasantly surprised! I think these films can be happily watched independently (although I wouldn't recommend it) and I did have someone who read all the books and seen all the films next to me filling me in at bits I didn't understand, e.g who is that?… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“To be honest I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books...”

Written on: 05/08/2007 by angst (5 reviews written)

To be honest I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and did not like the early films until after I had read the books. I think it's a shame when people are overly bothered that a film does not exactly match a book as this would be impossible; they are two different formats as certain aspects of a book do not translate well onto the big screen and should both be judged as such. In this manner I loved the first four Harry Potter books but I felt the Order Of The Phoenix and The Half Blood… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix is a great...”

Written on: 03/08/2007 by pelletgunhunter (6 reviews written)

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix is a great film; action packed with some small comedy bits thrown in too. I have not read the book so I don't know if it follows too well, but it's good. Definitely worth seeing… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“A great film, definitely not to be missed by any...”

Written on: 02/08/2007 by lankykat (2 reviews written)

A great film, definitely not to be missed by any Potter fan. Wear comfortable pants though and go to the loo before the film starts as its long, but you won't want to miss a bit!… Read Full Review

Kangaroopouch's Response to lankykat's Review

Written on: 05/08/2007

Great review, I've not seen the film yet but it's nice to hear that a fan would think that the film represented the book well. Which would you say was your favourite HP movie?

Lankykat's Response to lankykat's Review

Written on: 05/08/2007

OOh, has to be the first! Remember thinking that the kids acting was pretty wooden but for me, that film, as with the books, is the best. That said, the last book in my opinion was the second best so I can't wait and see what they do with the last film!

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“I won't be as long as speeddemon as (he or she)...”

Written on: 17/07/2007 by thepaladin (49 reviews written)

I won't be as long as speeddemon as (he or she) covered most of the problem in detail. I'm a sort of book purist to so I missed all that was left out. For the people who haven't read the book, I think you'll enjoy this one. I'd say it was better than the last two.

I'm still disappointed with Michael Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore. Having "met' him in the books I just can't get with the portrayal we're getting. Of course making it worse is that before he died Richard Harris had pegged the… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, I've...”

Written on: 16/07/2007 by paulco (21 reviews written)

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, I've just seen the films. I think this film is definitely one of the most enjoyable of the lot so far. It's more dark than the others, but better for it. It had more of an ending than the last one too, so although it's obviously not the final end, it still felt like an end had been found.
I'd really recommend people to watch this film, and watch it digitally projected if you can, as it completely irradicates all flickering etc therefore the picture… Read Full Review

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (2007)

“So, how do you turn JK Rowling's 750+ page novel about...”

Written on: 13/07/2007 by SpeedDemon (10 reviews written)

So, how do you turn JK Rowling's 750+ page novel about Harry Potter's fifth year at Hogwarts, 'Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix' into a film of about 2 hours?

Simple answer is you can't.

The fifth on-screen outing for Harry and friends clocks up 138 mins and, inevitably, a lot of stuff that was in the book has had to be cut in order to cram the story into just under 2 hours and 20 minutes. So, if you've read the book what are you going to be missing out on?
Quidditch - Gone.