Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker Reviews

Other Features
  • Max Bowl Capacity: 1.5 Quart
  • Bowl Amount: Single

Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker

“i have owned this machine for about 18 months now, it...”

Written on: 08/10/2010

i have owned this machine for about 18 months now, it has broken about 8 motor arms in that time, the internal components are made of cheap plastic cogs that shatter the teeth when the ice cream you are churning starts to thicken, the timer dial is of poor quality and has been broken due to accidental over turning.it is also very noisey as the arm starts to age, and the compresor slows down with age which makes the churning process take longer, BUT the ice creams and sorbets that ive churned… Read Full Review

Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker

“I bought this ice cream maker 4 years ago & it has...”

Written on: 09/06/2010

I bought this ice cream maker 4 years ago & it has caused me nothing but trouble. At 1st I thought it was great not having to use a freeze BUT the motor arm which drives the mixer is REALLY Bad & breaks after about 10 uses due to over heating. The after sales service is excellent & cuisinart have been happy to replace the motor arm every time but I have been through about 12 of them so far in 4 years. It is just packing up again & I am going to give in & buy a new brand. I would definitely NOT… Read Full Review

Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker

“I got my Cuisinart ICE-50BC Ice Cream maker less than...”

Written on: 11/04/2010

I got my Cuisinart ICE-50BC Ice Cream maker less than a week ago. The first time I tried to use it was at a baby shower on Friday.

It is heavy and loud. After 60 minutes of mixing the machine stopped. The ice cream was not frozen. It was like soup and barely cold.

No one seems to be able to diagnose the problem. And for $299 I plan to return it and get another brand… Read Full Review

Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker

“The Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker is a...”

Written on: 13/05/2009 by fbm (1 review written)

The Cuisinart ICE-50BC 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker is a fantastic machine, I had an ice cream maker years ago which eventually died, the biggest draw back was the bowl having to go into the freezer so I looked for one that didnt need this.

This machine is great, its pretty heavy and once in place you cant keep moving it because of the coolant, however once it had settled down it was ready to go. So far we have made run of the mill vanilla and ginger and Rhubarb ice cream all… Read Full Review