Air Arms 410E Reviews

Air Arms 410E - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Air Arms 410E

Air Arms 410E
Air Arms 410E

“I have the AA S410-SL Extra FAC .22cal and it is a...”

Written on: 29/06/2009 by CBR400RR (1 review written)

I have the AA S410-SL Extra FAC .22cal and it is a very good gun for the money Great fit and finish, looks and feels great in your hands, the walnut stock has very nice checkering. The blueing is very well done, and the side lever is very easy to use and works very smooth. The gun is very accurate and you can put pellet after pellet into the same hole with ease… Read Full Review

“Air arms 410 classics are really good got 410 up too...”

Written on: 04/12/2008 by jason399 (1 review written)

Air arms 410 classics are really good got 410 up too 25ft lbs by putting a heaver sping in and valve and drilling the transfore port to 3 mm can get it up too 30+ ft lbs very easy i have done about 10 airarms even a airarms 200 too 17 ft lbs you can adjust the grub screw on the side to turn it up and down for the power just by the kit from terry robb from essex brilliant
i have tuned up carrer 707 mk 3 to 50ft lbs and bsa superten to 32ft lbs.hw 80 to 25 ft lbs but remember your shots will go… Read Full Review

Lenanjak's Response to 422792_jason399's Review

Written on: 29/11/2010

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>Tuning air rifles up to 25, 30 and 50lbs?? what a load of b......ls

“I have the air arms s300 it,s doin 22.ftlb it,s...”

Written on: 30/09/2008

I have the air arms s300 it,s doin 22.ftlb it,s nocking every thing out 100 plus yards rabbits ..pigeons.. squirrel..and so on.the gun was 12 ponud wen i got it n only thing i av done is the f.a.c hammer spring . got frm t.w.chamber in the s300 were the pot is there is a brass oller nut in side the is a screw wot stops the air goin thought it av took the screw out n thats y now it ..its so ard at the 22fltb so nx is the firing valve then drill the port hole to ....3Mil then shud do close on 40… Read Full Review

“I got aa s300 it,s doin 22ftlb....100 plus yards...”

Written on: 29/09/2008 by bigdoll12 (1 review written)

I got aa s300 it,s doin 22ftlb....100 plus yards rabbits.. pigeons..squirrels.. plus any thing els it,s a cracking rifle got the tuning hammer spring frm t w chambers and took the screw out the pot in side the cylinder… Read Full Review

“This weapon and the hw97k are the best i have when...”

Written on: 20/08/2008

This weapon and the hw97k are the best i have when going to decide which one is best they are both precise but the hw97k is best for hunting rabbits except the fact that it weights 4kilos anyway this weapon is best for shooting targets so buy wht u need for wht u need xD :)… Read Full Review

“This is my first air rifle. Having done much research...”

Written on: 04/08/2008 by david987 (1 review written)

This is my first air rifle. Having done much research I decided to buy it. (Got a good deal from Kibworth). My son finds it easy to use and makes our shooting look like we have been shooting for a while… Read Full Review

“I've never had a air rifle before and ive always...”

Written on: 29/07/2008

I've never had a air rifle before and ive always wanted one and this seemed one of the best, I love it! seems such a shame the seal has gone because now im worried what else might go wrong! I've noticed someone else had the same problem one here and they re-charged it and it was fine so I re-charged it to 190 bar and its still leaking. Going to the shop tomorow to get them to have a look at it… Read Full Review

“A great gun, very nice piece of kit mines a 410...”

Written on: 30/03/2008 by cddenton (1 review written)

A great gun, very nice piece of kit mines a 410 carbine easy to use and light too, new style filling valve is a little awkward… Read Full Review

“I've had my 410e for about a year now and I've shot...”

Written on: 18/07/2004 by ragkar (1 review written)

I've had my 410e for about a year now and I've shot perhaps 5000 pellets through it. It just keeps getting better and better. Right now I'm averaging .310 inch error over 25 shots at 38 yards and I expect that to improve as I get a quality bench and bench rest. I like the ability to improve my accuracy with more attention to detail.
The gun has the Pomona power mod but I am so pleased with the chrony results that I haven't touched it.
I've done extensive pressure fill testing using JSB .177… Read Full Review

Pipesmoker's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 08/12/2004

Does anyone know someone who owned AA 410 and HW100? I really hope someone can make a comparison between these two.

Billtwo's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 24/08/2008

I found this review helpful because... The number of fills with said size tank.

Zipolv's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 12/05/2007

hi, has any one bought stuff from www.westarms.com brfore, I want to buy an airgun from them , but not so sure about their service, thanks

282763_Dafont's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 21/03/2007

Thanks for this great review and your research to generate the info.
<br/>DAF

Ragkar's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 03/01/2006

On the 410e, which is essentially the same as the classic, you need to cock it on the initial fill from 0 psi in order to overcome the spring pressure. Otherwise the gun's air chamber just won't fill. There is no seal problem here.
After the gun is filled you must be very careful to have a magazine in the gun if you dry fire it. Otherwise you might blow the o-ring. Replacement o-rings are about 15cents each from mcmaster.com It's not difficult to get the salespeople to throw in a few free o-rings with your purchase.
Budget on spending $200-400 for a quality scope and rings. I recommend the Bushnell legend or 4200 elite series and BKL rings.

218960_Clackaberry's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 29/11/2005

when you fill your s410 classic what happens if you don't cock it before you fill it up does it do anything to the seals

Chatty's Response to ragkar's Review

Written on: 23/11/2005

my friend has a s410 and can hit a pellet hole up to forty yards with 10 shots using super h points .what is the best pellet you prefer in your s410

“In March '04 the S410E box arrived from SS, this...”

Written on: 02/07/2004 by Randy of the Redwoods (2 reviews written)

In March '04 the S410E box arrived from SS, this simple air rifle, in walnut stock with it's long slender pratical lines, is beautiful. My hands rest where the stock is checkered and the stock molds to my cheek comfatably. The 1st shot took place before anticipated as the trigger releases at 1 lb. of pressure; smooth as glass. The retort is quiet and one needs to check his pine 2 by 4s' to realize it's magnum power. JSB pellets are this rifles' soulmate. Though only a 7 lb. gun, I replaced… Read Full Review

Ragkar's Response to Randy of the Redwoods's Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

Your trigger is a bit on the light side. I'm told that 2 pounds is considered light, though some match rifles go to 4 ounces. Seems like you're having magazine indexing problems. I have the same problem with my three AirArms yellow cover magazine. But no such problem with my two Hyteck magazines. I've developed the habit of holding the magazine in with my left hand as I cock the gun. If you have a false feed, e.g. when you pull the trigger before sliding the handle back, you should remove the magazine, index it backwards to an empty slot and then cock and fire the pellet out of the gun.

Nzpete's Response to Randy of the Redwoods's Review

Written on: 26/05/2005

Hey Randy, no offence man but you need a woman. That gun sounds almost toooo sexy! How much did it cost you?
<br>Pete.

Randy Of The Redwoods's Response to Randy of the Redwoods's Review

Written on: 21/12/2004

Borris repaired my 410E, said a small spring was missing inside. It now is easier to cock and there's no need to check whether the mag finished its rotation. Ragkar, before I sent my rifle to be repaired, your advice was taken and proved useful, thank you. The 1 lb. trigger has me spoiled. It was relatively easy to polish the surfaces and reset it, with a lessen travel and keeping the 1 lb release.

“I have had the Air Arms 410E for over two months now...”

Written on: 17/06/2004 by av2011 (5 reviews written)

I have had the Air Arms 410E for over two months now and have been practicing in my backyard. I used high mount rings on the rifle and topped it off with a 8x50 russian range finding scope. My yard measures 85 ft in length. I have shot targets at extremely high wind and still hit the mark. At 3 shots= 3 squirrels clean one shot kills behind the ear the gun speaks for itself. I bought his gun primarily to practice as a substitute for long range high powered rifle competetion out to 300 yrds… Read Full Review

Av2011's Response to av2011's Review

Written on: 26/10/2006

Since then, the Air Arms 410E air rifle has had the scope and mounts replaced with a 1 inch high mount and a Bushnell banner 6x18x50 AO. Great scope, you can practically shoot the whiskers off a squirrel if you had too. It's so clear and accurate, it's impressive. It enhances the accuracy of the rifle.

“Very powerful and accurate. With Kodiak pellets I can...”

Written on: 10/05/2004 by pkitzman (1 review written)

Very powerful and accurate. With Kodiak pellets I can shoot 0.5" groups at 50 yards. Managed to shoot a big jackrabbit at 132 yards! (I must confess that I skipped the pellet into him. I thought he was a little closer or I wouldn't have even tried that shot. That doesn't say much for my shooting skills, but it does for the guns power!)

I did have a problem with the horizontal adjustment due to the barrel band. If I sighted the rifle in at 20 yards it would always be off to the right about… Read Full Review

C3Po's Response to pkitzman's Review

Written on: 06/08/2007

Hi, couple of questions:
<br/>
<br/>1. What ft/lb output are you getting from your 410E?
<br/>2. What fps are you getting?
<br/>3. What calibre you running?
<br/>4. What weight in grains are your pellets?

“I got my Air Arms s410 .22 in the classic length, 2...”

Written on: 01/01/2004 by thomo27 (3 reviews written)

I got my Air Arms s410 .22 in the classic length, 2 weeks ago. my first impression was the suprise in the build quality, it really is second to none. I have a Webly fx2000, a Weihrauch HW100, BSA lightning and a Daystate Harrier X. the Air Arm s410 is my favourite due mainly to accuracy. The Daystate Harrier X has better bolt motion and is just as accurate but feels less comfortable. It is'nt the rifle for teens really though, It takes about 30 seconds to up the power to 35-36 foot pound, not a… Read Full Review

279693_Berettaman's Response to thomo27's Review

Written on: 24/02/2007

It is impossible to up the power on the a a 400 series rifle to plus 30 foot pounds in 30 seconds, adjustment of the transfer port blanking screw only gives perhaps a total of 14 to 16 foot pounds, this screw is used by the factory to fine tune the rifle to sub 12 foot pound power output,

435872_Ray Black's Response to thomo27's Review

Written on: 27/01/2009

I agree with this review because...
<br/>HAVING used the 410 on the mainland i find it to have a great trigger and accurate
<br/>but stripping can be a nightmare
<br/>
<br/>maybe some one could give me some advise on adjusting the power mine cronos at 9.3

Kawasakizx10R's Response to thomo27's Review

Written on: 23/05/2008

Hi,
<br/> Go on EBay and put in Air Arms S410, you can buy the spring and tuning CD to get your rifel fighting fit again, you can also email the guy and he will tell you what to buy and what to do, hope this helps.

366220_Danblack's Response to thomo27's Review

Written on: 14/05/2008

i have an air arms s410 which is only putting out 9.3 flbs with accupel ammo.<br/>gun is only 6mths old have shot 1000 pels<br/>how do i strip it an get it up to 12flbs+

C3Po's Response to thomo27's Review

Written on: 06/08/2007

Guys -- it is not appropriate discussing how to up the power of the S410 to beyond the 12ft/lb legal limit in the UK without a FAC licence. This is off topic and should not be in the remit of an online review centre.

Kawasakizx10R's Response to thomo27's Review

Written on: 07/07/2007

Hi Ya,
<br/> Ive got a Air Arms S410 Carbine and want 2 uprate the FT/LB does anybody know how yo do it only when I'm on the farm I'm always too far away from the Quarry and as for creeping up on them ? I'm 15 stone no what I mean, Please HELP me, Regards, Garry.

“Love the S410e, precise and powerful but ”

Written on: 21/11/2003 by tzrider (3 reviews written)

Love the S410e, precise and powerful but
mine is starting to leak air when I get
to about 100-105 bar. My S410 can get
to 80 bars without any problem.

Is there anybody with the same problem
or do you have different experiences… Read Full Review

Thomo27's Response to tzrider's Review

Written on: 01/01/2004

Mine's fine chap. I suggest you take it to a gun smith, it cost suprisingly little to have fixed!:)
<br>and could be dangerous if not!! :(

Randy Of The Redwoods's Response to tzrider's Review

Written on: 23/05/2004

Yeah, my hissed out at 130 bar when new. After storing it a few days at 190 bar, I now can shoot it down to 110 bar and the seals hold. The accuracy is pretty tight though. I'm getting 25 to 30 very consistent hits. Even after that the power tapers off rather predictably for another 15 shots. On windless days, pellets hold 2 in. horizontall accuracy out to 70 yards using A of A 15.9 grain roundnose and FP 10 lube.

Tzrider's Response to tzrider's Review

Written on: 07/02/2004

Addition by the writer:
<br>
<br>The cause of the leakage of my S410e was that I had put it away at 100 bar while being relativly new. At that stage, the seals were not set. I have put it away for a weekend at 200 bar and the problem is solved. It can easily get down now to 80 bars without leaking. Live the gun. It is SO long !! I have a S410c 4,5mm 12 fp version next to it.

“Got a brand new gun from CTICO.COM and the air leaks...”

Written on: 27/09/2003 by kemawo777 (2 reviews written)

Got a brand new gun from CTICO.COM and the air leaks out around the pressure guage on the stock when you try to pump it up. Even when you pump like mad and get it up to almost 100 BAR it keeps leaking. Can't contact the seller either.
Today is my son's B-Day & this was the BIG gift. Not too happy with the outcome so far… Read Full Review

Tzrider's Response to kemawo777's Review

Written on: 21/11/2003

My S410e 5.5mm FAC starts to leak
<br>when the pressure drops to about 100-105
<br>bar. According to Air Arms this is normal
<br>but I find this much to soon (80 would be
<br>acceptable to store my rifle) as even
<br>my S410 4.5mm at 12 ft.lbs can get as
<br>low as 80 BAR without any problem.

Ragkar's Response to kemawo777's Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

The AirArms User Handbook (page 7) warns you that if the cylinder is empty (as in the first fill) cock the mechanism before filling. It goes on to say that at least 50 bar (725psi) is required in the cylinder before the firing valve fully seals. I've had no leakage problem with my gun. Last winter it retained its air over three months without leaking.

Tzrider's Response to kemawo777's Review

Written on: 17/02/2004

After putting the new gun away for a weekend, the leaking never appeared again. The seals had time to set. I probably stored the new gun with unset seals away with too low pressure
regards,
Jeroen

Kemawo777's Response to kemawo777's Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

The airarms has a problem with the "O" rings. Apparently the people constructing these guns don't put a lite oil on the rings as an extra precaution against fraying or sitting wrong. Once we figured this out and got it corrected, the gun was great. Also had a hell of a time getting Air Arms or the distributor to give us more than one ring. Should come standard but hey, why should they spend an extra 10 cents to make the customer happy.

Thomo27's Response to kemawo777's Review

Written on: 01/01/2004

mine NEVER LEAKs and if it did i would say its unacceptable and send it back! how old is it?

“This gun is the best value in the PCP catagory that...”

Written on: 26/07/2003 by JGarza. (1 review written)

This gun is the best value in the PCP catagory that I've seen in my opinion. I've used this rifle afield for about a year and have had the opportunity to compare it to a Daystate Harrier and a FX Tarantula. I found the design of the 410E is superior in function to these rifles although the wood and metal finishwork might be a bit better on the others. I'd like to check out the power mod but I'd have to send the gun in and chance a shipping disaster (my R9 was destroyed on delivery from UPS… Read Full Review

119673_Mttr.'s Response to 118910_JGarza.'s Review

Written on: 28/07/2003

I've just put in my order for a new 410E with adjustable power from Pomona AG in Victorville. Nice guy and very informative. I spent considerable time talking to all the big dealers and went back and forth between this site and read every review about 5-6 times and then the summary a few fellow shoppers did in a comment buried way down one of the review threads. After a week of going over every word and remembering what I was told I opted to get the gun from Pomona. I'll get my gun sometime in the next week or so and can't wait to use it. Thanks to all the owners who commented and took the time to help the newcommers. I'm very grateful since if I didn't read all the owner comments from this site I'd have a gun without adjustable power and would have spent $50 more to boot after shipping and the higher quick connect costs. Gotta shop and save nowadays!!
<br>I think Steve (don't know his last name) was the nicest of all the ones I spoke on the phone with as well. One of the other dealers said he was a two bit one man operation working out of his house. I found out he has been in the business for over 25 years and gave me better answers than the other importer/dealers. I really like the little guy too who is out there to save me some $$ and give me the best quality and service. I do wish Steve would get some email though. Getting ahold of him by phone is a royal pain!
<br>Of course I am assuming the power mod is as good as everyone says it is. I can't comment on it cause I don't have it yet but I couldn't find anyone who had it who thought it wasn't worth getting. I'll post another comment after I get a chance to test it. If it sucks I'll be the first one to condemn it!

Ken's Response to 118910_JGarza.'s Review

Written on: 06/08/2003

You can decock it by holding the action out and pulling the trigger. It doesn't say so in the manual, but it works.

121148_Togayank.'s Response to 118910_JGarza.'s Review

Written on: 03/08/2003

Yes, we need to start making some quality FAC class airguns in the US!

“I've owned about 30 pcp's in my day of shooting. But...”

Written on: 17/05/2003 by BWassung. (1 review written)

I've owned about 30 pcp's in my day of shooting. But i have only kept 2. The s410e is one of them(the other is the carreer 707 laminate in .25) I use my s410e with a night vision scope for hunting rabbits late at night. I use a solid lead 23 grain round, which pushes about 830 f.p.s., which is the speed i like to keep my pellets. It has about 32 f.p. of power. But all that, still is the least of the things that impresses me. The accuracy is what i love. At 10 yards my c.t.c. is about… Read Full Review

Pjag's Response to 98610_BWassung.'s Review

Written on: 19/10/2003

Which caliber is your gun? From the 32fpe I conclude it's a .22?
<br>I'm thinking of buying an S400E (not 410) but I haven't made my mind up about the caliber. Since it's such a powerful gun I'm leaning towards a .22.
<br>What is the maximum distance to which you can take out rabbits?

Bwassung Bot's Response to 98610_BWassung.'s Review

Written on: 20/10/2003

I have the .22, which i traded for a 400e for more precise pellet loading. The longest i have teken a rabbit is 80 yards, but i think i could take them at 100 yards. I use Beeman Kodiaks, they go around 860 fps, and retain lots of energy. At 50 yards they still have 26ft/lbs of energy.

“I recently gained internet access and the world of...”

Written on: 18/04/2003 by PlasmaEtcher. (1 review written)

I recently gained internet access and the world of online posting and the exchange of information on this little subculture of airguns. I bought this AA 410E airgun a year ago from a disgruntled customer who was not happy with the accuracy/quality/value and with the whole airgun scene in general. He said he had a fallout over the phone with the dealer in the MN area last year. He wasn't at all happy with the gun and offered it to me for $400 with an extra magazine (which were both cracked)… Read Full Review

91851_Delldude.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 24/04/2003

Great review! I especially loved the mentioning of the FP-10 melting the orings. I use it after reading about it on an airgun site/dealer board and have had my orings melt on my Tarantula and Career way too early for my taste(less than 1000 rounds in each gun). I am switching to Slick 50 One lube and made some Whiscomb Honey for testing as well. I have poured a small amount of each lube in a small bottle with an oring at the bottom. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Pelleteer's Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2004

Just went to an airgun groundsquirrel shoot in Idaho and there was 7 410E's present hailing from Seattle, WA to Sacramento Ca and 6 of them had the power mod - and they all were bought from Pomona AG...

Xtrmn8Tr's Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 09/04/2004

The power mod from steve @ pamona air guns consists of modifing the existing valve air channel (as in machineing and modifying...hence the phrase power mod---get it?) with a needle valve that is tapered...adjustment range for this needle is typically from all the way in (lightly seated...meaning with only two fingers...thumb and point finger......not cranked tight) to 3 turns out...each 1/4 turn produces approx. 1 ft. lbs. which = 4 ft.lbs per turn for a total of approx. 12 ft.lbs....guns ussually get shipped to the owner with a setting of approx. 20 ft. lbs of energy...needle turned all the way in...if you choose three turns out you end up with approx 32 ft. lbs....the biggest reason for this power mod is the fact that the owner can dial in (for accuracy) the exact amount of velocity to match practically any pellet on the market...a rifle with out this modification means the owner must experiment with all kinds of different pellet weights and styles till he finds a combination that is accurate and in the case of the S410E he'll probably end up using heavy pellets only...because with out the power mod you are locked in to only 1 power setting...where as the guy with the power mod can use light "el cheapo "pellets if he chooses and turn the velocity needle in (slower fps.)and end up using less volume of air...as in less psi drop per shot taken and still have great accuracy (just takes a little trial and error experimentation )...this end of the power spectrum is great for casual plinking of your deck or just shooting to have some fun with your buddies...or you can crank up the velocity and switch to heavier pellets and do some very serious pest removal...or anything in between...KOOL!...would'nt you agree...point is guys you have the Ultimate in ... versatility ... power ... and economy...add all this to the fact that the air arms s410e is resonable in price ...accurate...powerful...economical...looks good ...handles well...is very quiet...it's not hard to see why it is one of the biggest reviews on this site, as well as one of the most popular pcp rifles around...L8tr...Xtrmn8tr

Pelleteer's Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 03/01/2004

I didn't realized he was a retired LA police officer wounded in the line of duty. I bought from him cause he has always given me straight answers that have never left me burning with buyers remorse after the purchase. Now I feel even better about supporting him.

Savage's Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 30/12/2003

WHEN IT COMES TOO HONESTY AND INTEGRETY THERES NO BETTER MAN TO DEAL WITH OTHER THAN STEVE AT POMONA AIR. I'VE PURCHASED MANY ITEMS FROM STEVE AND I CAN'T SAY ONE BAD THING ABOUT THE RETIRED PEACE OFFICER. HES STRAIGHT UP ABOUT EVERYTHING.
<br>ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT POMONA AIR IS I CAN CALL HIM ANYTIME DURING HIS BUSINESS HOURS TO ASK HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GUN NEEDS. THIS IS WHAT I'VE HAVE BOUGHT FROM POMOMNA AIR, A 22&25 THEOBEN RAPID 12,A DAYSTATE HUNTSMAN, 3 AIR ARMS, A FALCON PISTOL AND NO PROBLEMS.

Hoss's Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2003

I had reviewed this gun earlier,and since have read more of the comments on this gun. Steve at pamona air is very easy to deal with and will bend over backwards to help you with your choices, and questions. My AA 410e does not have the power adjustment but I think I will have it done. To all do NOT listen to all the dealers down talking Steve at Pamona Air, they sell their guns at a higher price and will say anything to make you buy from them. I drove to Steve's house when I bought mine, Myself and my friend talked with him for roughly an hour. Bottom line is that you will not find a gun as accurate and reliable at this price range nor will you find a better person to deal with than Steve at Pamona Air. Just Take your time and read all the reviews on this site and gun and you will end up purchacing it.
<br> Hoss

117666_Left Out In The Cold.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2003

My shooting buddy has a .177 410E and it shoots circles around my Tarantula. He shoots about as accurate but he gets tons more shots (60) and its is alot quieter with the shroud. I've had some problems with the bolt closing on my $800 Tarantula a few months ago and noticed some small bits of spring falling out and I made some calls to find out the valve needs to be replaced. Come to find out I'll be charged for the parts $55 + labor + shipping which would be over $150 and I can't swing the scratch right now so in the closet it sits till I figure out a way to sell it. Its only a year and two months old and already its going to cost me major $$ to get shooting again. I heard I have to take the barrel off and remove the guts of the gun and put it all together without causing a leaky seal if I want to do this myself. I should have bought a 410E in the first place. Meanwhile my shooting buddy is out there shooting his 410E (sometimes when I tag along he lets me shoot his wife's S200) and he's got 3 times the amount of rounds through his gun than mine with no problems. I was told there wasn't any issues with the Tarantula's when I bought mine but here I am seeing the valve issue with some others on this thread. The importer told me over the phone mine is the first one ever to go bad but they won't cover it or replace it free even though its close to being under warranty. They don't even stock parts cause they are so reliable according to him. My Tarantula is going to stay in the closet and the next bunch of cash I get will go to a new 410E!!
<br>I just called another dealer of Air Arms to find out its going to be a long wait for the next batch of .177 410e's to come in but by then I'll have enough saved up to buy one. Grrrrrrr

110754_177.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2003

I've just got the wild hair to get a .177 410E but was just informed they are hard to come by. I've read that those who have them are coveting them and with having 3 .22 cal PCP's I want to get a .177 410E with the power mod so I too can get 60 shots per fill and the incredible accuracy that I've read so much about. There is only one rumored to be comming in country through customs from AA on this month's shipment and its already sold. DARN!! I guess its time to put some cash down and get serious cause I'm going to have a long wait. Might as well get the walnut stock too while I'm at it.

108638_Leadpuppy.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 18/06/2003

This is an awesome place! I've had a blast reading and taking all this in on the 410/400E. I think I'm going to risk the 410E with its magazine since it seems to be working good according to the feedback here. Why not shoot repeater if you've got the chance? As for the choice of caliber I think I'm going .177 for now since I'm mainly shooting for fun and not hunting. Is there anyplace besides Brad's Classifieds to find these things used and in good condition? Anyone want to sell theirs in .177?

104228_Jackson.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 04/06/2003

Great cache of information on the 410E! When I see comments like those made by BarleyPOP and others I know I am in the company of the sharpest consumers. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when reading about this mfg/model rifle and the options and dealers profiled. For some strange reason only this rifle has such a broad user/support base. I hope this trend continues to the other brands and models.

102757_Daytrader.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 30/05/2003

Just got my 410E in .22 shipped to me and am very pleased despite the lack of a safety. I have been shooting in the back 40 for the last week hardly doing anything else but shooting my new gun. The first two days were spent minding the status of the magazine to keep from shooting air, periodically checking the bar guage and also being vigilant with my gun safety cause my 14 year old daughter is always behind me. I am a new gun owner so my stress level is quite high when handling a gun with other people in close proximity. Especially my children. I also bought the adjustable power option due to the recommendations and have been playing with it the last few days. I am getting 45 shots shooting Crosman Premiers at 875 fps and I am pretty happy - bought a new chronograph as well. Accurcy is excellent compared to my springers. I have had nothing but pure joy the last few days with this new toy and I don't expect to lose interest in this as I have with other hobbies. I am going to have to buy pellets in bulk and new clothes from all the weight I'll be losing from the pump workout. After one year I promised myself to buy a tank to fill the guns with. I bought a 75 acre estate 5 years ago and its full of squirrels and critters that are needing to be thinned out a bit. Thanks to those to commented back to me.

102695_Quicksilver66.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 30/05/2003

Karl & Blaine, the valve on my Viper just went out and I had some small parts rattling around the action and it wouldn't close. I am not sure how many rounds I have through the gun but its been about 5 boxes of Premiers and 10-15 tins of Beeman FTS or so. Did you go to Airguns of Arizona for parts and did you fix the guns yourself or have them do it. What did they charge? I read somewhere the parts were about $50 delivered but its a half day of taking the barrel off and replacing the guts which is easier said than done from what I've read. My gun is out of warranty by a few months and I've read of Tarantula's having this issue as well. Does the Tarantula have the same valve as the Viper? Any help will be appreciated!! Good thing I have a 410E to shoot in the meantime.

101909_Jean.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 27/05/2003

Just heard my .177 410E should be in by the end of the month. Just met someone who has one in .177 and he confirmed he had gotten 60 shots on a fill shooting Premier Lights at 900 fps. I can't wait for my gun to get through customs!

101898_Jean.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 27/05/2003

I've been prowling the classifieds and can't find a good used 410E with the adjustable power or even without. I suppose I'll just have to buy a new one. Sounds like a pretty good gun from what I've read.

101131_Greg Hill.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

I own a stock .22 cal beech stock 410E with scope. I bought the gun second hand via email exchange and have been very happy with it. I bought it for $350 with Cabella's 6.5-20 mil dot scope and 3 magazines - 2 which were cracked and now repaired after I called Pomona Air Guns who promptly send out 2 yellow replacements free of charge. My question is does anyone know how long it will take for the "power mod" upgrade to be done? I have read every comment and review on this board and am interested in the adjustable power but I don't want to have my gun tied up all summer long since I heard he is one guy working out of his house and doesn't even have email. I've only had the one warranty dealing with Pomona but have never actually done business with them regarding the exchange of money. They guy was very nice and promptly sent out the replacement parts the next day but it didn't cost him anything cause AA provided him with the parts. Would anyone share their major airgun purchase experiences with them? It sounds like everyone here does business with them due to the instances of comments regarding the adjustable power upgrade which I understand is only done by Pomona. I was told it requires drilling and tapping of the receiver some have said it looks unsightly while others disagree, but I was warned by a large airgun dealer to watch my back when dealing with them and he heard horror stories of the adjustable power upgrade gone bad. I just want to be sure they are good since I didn't buy the gun from them and I think I got a good deal and don't want to mess up a good thing. But I also want to get more shots and have the adjustability. I would appreciate any comments. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend shooting and enjoying the weather!!

101061_Barleypop.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

Finally worked up the nerve to drop a comment. I bought a 410E this Jan'03 and have been workin over the yard birds and early gophers. I love this rifle!! I thought my Beeman Deluxe tuned from the dealer R9 was unbeatable but I don't use it anymore since getting the larger caliber .22 410E. I bought the 410E based on the reviews on this site and the yellowboard forum. It seems they are the most objective. When doing early price comparisons I found the lowest cost source and most of the comments and reviews on this board confirmed my earlier findings. That is what sold me on the validity of the information on this site. I highly recommend this gun, and be sure and read ever review and comment listed here! I have never seen any more information and stats on any one gun concentrated by so many owners from such a wide demographic anywhere else. Some of the reviews are general, vague and questionable but most are extremely detailed and very useful along with the comments and challenges of claims on some reviews. I love it when you can see discussion about issues so I can make up my own mind. Its very enlightening when reading all these comments and then surfing on another chat room and hearing a dealer make questionable recommendations based on his backroom inventory or the product he is the importer for. It seems there are lots of mature professionals from many different disciplines in this hobby probably due to the barriers of entry (cost). I have to agree with the majority of the comments and reviews that this rifle is probably the best buy and best overall value either with or without the adjustable power option on the market now (I have adjustable power on mine and highly recommend it). I am thinking about an additional 410E in .177 due to the reported higher shot count (60) with the adjustable velocity turned down to JSB 8.4gr at 900 fps. I also want to sample a 410 carbine and check out the balance and feel. I think they would be fun guns. In closing, I haven't had any problems or complaints about my 410E except that some sort of safety would be nice. I only bought one magazine since I had a bad habbit of losing my Ruger 10/22 magazines afield. I figured I wouldn't lose it if it was always in the gun. I hope my contribution here will be helpful to others just as the reviews and comments from the earlier reviewers helped me from October-December of 2002 make my decision. Sorry for the long winded comment but these guns are alot of money and I feel time and research is worth the effort when buying these high tech new fangled toys! I really appreciated it when someone took the time to share their all thoughts and opinions with me!

100941_Blaine Goodin.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

I just noticed an earlier post about a Tarantula valve breaking. Funny thing so did my Thor around the same number of rounds. I love my Thor but my shooting pal just had his Tarantula Sporter jam up last month. He put the gun in the closet disgusted and said he'll send it back when he cools off. Something about spending the most amount of $$ on a gun in his whole life and it breaking after the year warranty is up and a week after he got laid off from work. Anyway I was thinking about selling mine for something else in the same price range that will shoot as well and the 410E is the only thing that tickles my fancy. I haven't seen any pattern of parts wearing out on the 410E's in all the posts here but if you know of anything besides the magazine issues please post it! I certainly didn't read anything about the FX valves wearing out so fast when I was reading about them. They really seem like they are built really heavy duty when I first got mine but there must be some really tiny parts inside that must really wear. I'm kinda scared to go inside cause I don't want to cause a leak! Anybody out there with 410E problems that I should know about?

100939_Roy From Colorado.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

Dang! Am I glad I stumbled on this site! I just about ordered a 410E from a dealer who was really badmouthing the adjustable power feature and the dealer associated with it. I decided to hold off since I thought I'd shop around a bit more. Boy am I glad I did. I just read a whole bunch of users on this site who love thier guns with the adjustable power so more investigation is in order. I've read the occaisional mention on the Fun Supply Forum (Yellow background board) and mostly its positive or not utilized. I don't think some guys use their guns much. I am conviced the 410E is the rifle I want with the adjustable power and an extra magazine or two. My youngest son just left for the Peace Corps, my wife passed away 2 years ago, my business runs itself and I have tons of time on my hands! I think this new hobby will be lots of fun!

100935_Nekokmik.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

I bought a 410E for shooting backyard vermin like birds and squirrels. I am an Inuit Indian from the Northwest Territories and I took this gun home with me while visiting my family and had the time of my life shooting almost the entire time I was there. I'm planning another trip home later this year and will bring another 410E with me and another pump to leave with my younger brother. He was begging me to leave the rifle but I had to save up another 6 months to buy another gun, scope and pump and I can't be without for the summer. I want to thank the shooters who posted because it really helped me choose the right gun, the right pellets and who to buy from.

100208_Joachim.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 21/05/2003

I have owned a pair of 410E's since March of 2001 and shoot them almost everyday year around and travel with them throughout Oregon, California, Washington, Montana and Colorado in my Motorhome. I have one in .177 and .22. They are both equally accurate and both are now outfitted with the grub screw aftermarket power adjustment which allows you adjust the velocity up and down. It also gives you more shots when you slow the pellet down. Sometimes I like to shoot the gun wide open but I only get about 25-30 shots and some pellets don't shoot too accurately when they go too fast. I think I paid around $605 for each gun from a small shop run out of a guys house in Victorville, California. He does airgunsmith work and is pretty darn knowelgeable being around for 25 years or so in the business. My son knows him pretty well and also has a pair of these guns who directed my to set them up just like his. I'm a bit fuzzy on how many pellets I've shot through these guns but I've gone through about 50 tins of .177 Kodiak pellets and 50 tins of .22 JSB dome pellets since I bought these two fine rifles. I use a carbon fiber tank from the medical industry and this keeps me shooting for about 2 weeks in between finding scuba shops or fire departments. I mounted a pair of Simmons 44 mag 6.5 x 20 scopes with sun shades on my guns originally and just replaced them with the mil dot versions of the same scopes last month. I gave my old ones with the multiplex reticles to my grandson who is just now going rimfire crazy growing up in Montana.
<br>I haven't had any problems with my 410E's so far. I've read alot of guys having all kinds of issues but I keep my fingers crossed but so far I've been very pleased with the way they perform and how accurate they shoot. My son owns 15-20 PCP repeaters of various calibers and brands but he only recomended the 410E's to me knowing my age and physical limitations. I think they are pretty good considering some of the guns he shoots cost 3 times more and frankly don't seem to be 3 times better!

98226_Cayuga.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 15/05/2003

I bought a 410E last year from Pomona Steve. He talked me into the power mod and 4 spare magazines - that way I can figure out when my air is out after 50 shots in .22. I've been shooting this gun everyday ever since it arrived and have left all my other hobbies high and dry. I only shoot maybe 200-300 rounds on some days but when the starlings are out I can shoot 1000-1500 rounds in one afternoon without breaking a sweat. I put up quite a suet feed station and sit on my balcony all day long and drop starlings from a rest - 30-70 yards in my backyard. I haven't had a single issue with my 410E or even a worn oring (which I know is comming soon cause I've got about 8000-9000 rounds through my gun) since I got it and I think its the greatest value going!! Great design!!

97304_Jean.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 13/05/2003

I've had a 410E in .22 for over a year and its great. Got the adjustable power upgrade and I get almost 50 shots shooting JSB's at about 875 fps. I've just ordered another one in .177 since my dealer has a few comming in shortly

96324_Roughrider.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 09/05/2003

From what I've read from US posters on this site, the 410E will do nicely for my needs. I really want a Rapid but for a third of the cost I can make do with a 410E. I've been reading and studying posts on about 4-5 forums and just put my order in for a 410E with the adjustable power option. Free shipping and Monthly special that really sweetened the deal!! I just ordered an R9 and some supplies since the prices were so good.

95322_Don Frye.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 06/05/2003

I've been watching all the comments concerning the 410E "power mod" and have noticed the only ones who have been negative are non-owners/users. They were repeating rumors or dealer propoganda who don't sell them. After trying unsuccessfully to find a used 410E with power mod I bought a new 410E in .22 with the power mod from Steve at Pomona Air Guns last fall and found it does give more shots (10-15 more at low power) and my .22 RWS domes shoot very well at lower power settings. It was my first dealing with him since he doesn't do email. I was a bit hesitant to do business with him but due to all the good postings I thought I'd give him a try - I found he has 25 years in the business and now I only do business with him despite the hassle of getting him on the phone!! He needs to get EMAIL!!! I have read all the warnings about the power mod on the website mentioned in the previous posts and also read the testmonials here on this site but when I started looking at the owners vs. the non owners that were posting I realized that I've got to put more credibility to the ones that were talking about their experiences rather than the ones speculating or repeating truisms from the "dealer/experts/self interest guru's". I didnt' see any negative comments from actual owners/users found in this case that the owners with the positive comments and claims were correct. If you read all the posts they are all saying the same thing! Rare that so many posters/users can agree on anything. 10-15 more shots per filling is a 25+% increase in shot capacity which is pretty significant and ideal for shooting target or informal shooting. Accuracy was improved in some lower velocities in some pellets, there was no leaking, no wear issues or confusion or repeatability issues etc. All the considerations and deliberations that I would have were discussed on this site by 20-30 different posters from all over the US. What a great way to get good field data on a product in one place and also a resource to openly display the lowest price and special services/mods!! Thanks Review Centre!!

94712_Karl.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2003

I'm very interested in changing to this gun since my Tarantula has had its second valve assembly break in 25,000 rounds. $50 bucks a pop (if I work on it myself) and a day tearing apart and reinstalling the barrel to get it going after postage and calls. I'm sellin it and trying a new gun that is hopefully more trouble free since I live off the beaten path. Sounds like this gun has a pretty good following and also had some QC issues with parts comming loose in the gun and cracked magazines but know some guys who have had this fixed by the importer!
<br>Thanks for all the postings to all who chose to share their experiences.

Mrirok.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2003

I wish all reviews were so lengthy and informative I really need some more reviews like this then I won't make a mistake when I have to go out and buy a Air Arms. I'm also curious as to the o-ring results and what other types of oils to use?L8R
<br>Mrirok

94343_Blaine.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 02/05/2003

I just read on the US Straght Shooters board that the power mod leaks and doesn't give you any more shots per fill as you turn down the power. This in essence contradicts all the claims of extended shots that are claimed on this rifle. What is the truth here!?!?! Many who responded on the SS board and had the mod done didn't use theirs enough to know or verify. Can anyone step up and set the record straight with some figures? It sounds like most of the posters here that mention the extra shots and great performance are avid shooters and know their stuff. It even seems like 2 are fighting in Iraq if you read all the posts like I have - Anyway it seems like one dealer who has a commercial interest (competition) to downplay the "mod" against a whole bunch of 410E heavy user enthusiasts who own them and swear by them. I still want to hear from you all! I am almost ready to buy one this summer.

92290_Zuel.'s Response to 90101_PlasmaEtcher.'s Review

Written on: 26/04/2003

I agree, very informative...I am very curious as to the results with the o-ring experiment. Please keep us posted!

“Quite Simply, the MUTTS NUTS for the money!”

Written on: 05/04/2003 by Major Konig. (1 review written)

Quite Simply, the MUTTS NUTS for the money!… Read Full Review

“Very strong value for the money. Excellent accuracy,...”

Written on: 25/02/2003 by Jordan. (1 review written)

Very strong value for the money. Excellent accuracy, quiet shroud, easy to load 10 shot mag, large airtank, smooth bolt action, most excellent fitting stock and it's damn fun to shoot. Magazines are a bit spendy at $45 - hearsay are having cracking issues but mine are fine - also baffles are being shot out of shroud in cold weather - again mine are fine and I live in NH. PowerMod is $60 extra and takes a few days extra to be done before shipping. I had to take an extra day to think it over… Read Full Review

76496_Travis Pritchard.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2003

hi.
<br>im form ohio and im interested in buying a S410E.
<br>i wuz wondering how loud this rifle is. on 1 to 10?
<br>1-is a daisy red rider
<br>10-is a .22 long rifle
<br>thanks

Thomo27's Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 01/01/2004

Quick Fill cap is heavy for a good reason! to lesson muzzle lift, & help ballence the rifle.

102110_Jackson.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 28/05/2003

Thanks for posting what you know. I've also done alot of reading and I'm ready to buy an AA 410E in .22. I've driven all over the state and can't find anyone who has even heard of Air Arms or deal them. I wish we could get rid our our Crossman and Daisy's and replace them with British and German airguns!

100940_Mack.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 24/05/2003

Great site! I'm sold on the 410E with the adjustable power. Just the thing I need for the "ranch". Great reviews and testmonials.

82390_Dean.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 23/03/2003

can someone please post the full address for this guy named "steve" in pamona california...thanx in advance...thinkin 'bout givin him a call

81921_Russ.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 21/03/2003

Anyone know how to make the 410e even quieter I see someone posted a diy kit please elaborate

80743_Pager1.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 17/03/2003

I read this reply from AA on another board! Very helpful for the stock refinishing.
<br>
<br>Apologies for the delay in responding , but we are having difficulties with
<br>our new web server!!
<br>
<br>In answer to your enquiry, the Beech stock Polyurethane finish, a light
<br>coating of oil with a cloth after will be sufficient to keep it in good
<br>condition.
<br>
<br>Our walnut stocks are given a light coating of oil , and not having a
<br>coating of 'poly' allows improvements to be made to your
<br>liking.Traditionally, the applying of linseed oil to the wood is the way it
<br>was for improving and conditioning stocks, but this is a labour of love as
<br>it is a lengthy process. It involves applying a coat of linseed and waiting
<br>for it to dry, then rubbing it back with fine wire wool and repeating the
<br>procedure.
<br>Care must be taken to cover areas of chequering and butt plate assembly so
<br>that no oil reaches these.
<br>
<br>Nowadays, any good gun shop will have packages containing complete kits for
<br>working on the walnut.This method is quicker and easier and should be
<br>supplied with instructions.
<br>Regards

79580_25Pindongle.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 13/03/2003

I'm new to airgunning and shooting in general but my department head has been doing this since the mid 70's and has well over 450 airgun rifles and pistols and has guided me to buy a 410E in .22 caliber. He insisted that I buy from Pomona for the best deal and that I also get the adjustable power add on and a Legend 5-15 military doted scope. I'm your basic ski bum software geek through college never having shot a gun till my mid twenties but DUDE!! This sport is way too much fun! I can shoot a can for hours and pest control of pest birds squirrels will be a new thing for me this spring. I bought a spinner and some targets and can really get into the mental aspects of shooting. I've never really liked shooting loud guns so this silencer cover tube business and no kick is very nice. He told me this gun was the best value out there and it had everything you needed for hunting or plinking if you could adjust the power up and down. Anyway just wanted to share this since I read all the reviews here before calling to order my gun.

78467_Jordan.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 09/03/2003

I wish the gun had a safety but I always try to not have the gun cocked/loaded until I get a shot. Sometimes you cock and the shot opportunity is lost - then you have to really be careful and remember that you have a loaded gun. There is no substitute for safe gun handling! Accidents can happen even with a safety.

77934_Dnadoc.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 07/03/2003

I've got the 410E in .177 and .22, I'd say the .177 is a 1 the .22 is a 2. Its hard to make a .22 with up to 36 ftlbs be as quiet as a bb gun. But it was closer than I thought it would be. My neighbours son has a new Red Ryder and its not as quiet as I thought. I shot them in my backyard where the sound reflected off my 6' fence and I think gave me a good arena for judging the sound levels both from a shooters perspective and the target's.

77459_Meister Jaeger.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 05/03/2003

410E in .22 is a 2 INHO. I don't have a RR to compare side by side but I took out my sons's Daisy and did the shooter's perspective, perp to the muzzle and facing the muzzle about 10 yards away at a 45 degree angle to get the full blast. Of course the 410E at that angle was about a 4 or so. The bb gun was suprisingly loud at that perspective as well. Oh yes, I did the Ruger .22 auto as well and it was WAY LOUD!!

77201_Daytrader.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

Has anyone had a close call with this gun due to its lack of a safety? Just wondering here.

77196_Gordon.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

My 410E is very quiet, I don't think its as quiet as a Red Ryder but its the most quiet, powerful out of the box .22 PCP that you'll find. With the power mod option you'll probably be able to turn the power down and have the quietest PCP short of spending $150 xtra on an aftermarket mod for some other guns. I read on the yellow board a DIY PVC pipe extenstion with washers that you can do it yourself from a McMaster Carr catalogue to make the gun evey quieter with a low dollar investment. I heard the .177 version of the 410E is alot more quiet than the .22. I'd like to try one of those for starlings and gophers. I do know my .22 410E is alot more quiet than my .22LR Kimber.

77175_Jordan.'s Response to 75446_Jordan.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

I don't have a Red Ryder but I do have a Ruger .22LR. I will say that the 410E is about a 2 based on the memory of the Daisy T-99 when I was a kid. I think that you can spend $200+ and get a quieter mod for say like a Tarantula but out of the box the 410E is damn quiet. The most noise is the loud snap of the pellet hitting the target. You won't be dissapointed in the 410E. Good Luck!!