Daisy Powerline 617x Reviews

Daisy Powerline 617x - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daisy Powerline 617x

Daisy Powerline 617x
Daisy Powerline 617x

“Daisy 617x as good as 622x”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Wyatt295 (1 review written)

I would like to talk about three pistols made by Daisy. Daisy 617x and 622x and Daisy 008. Daisy Daisy 617x and 622x are same from looking just different in caliber. Actually I found out the two other differences; the rifling of 617 deeper, the piece that rotate mag of 617 longer and thinner. when it comes to 008 has real similar mag as 617 except it dose hold two more shots. I would say Daisy 617x and 622x better made than 008. Both barrel locks for 617 and 622 are able to settle down the… Read Full Review

Agarwood's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2014

This is my review how come it become someone else review???

“This Daisy Powerline 617x is a great gun! the first...”

Written on: 24/05/2009

This Daisy Powerline 617x is a great gun! the first one I bought though broke somehow and so did my friends. The O ring inside the pressure compartment got knocked out of alignment on both guns allowing the gas to just SHOOT out very fast. My new one has had none of these problems and shoots great… Read Full Review

“The Daisy Powerline 617x is a decent inexpensive gun....”

Written on: 01/05/2009 by Dainorin712 (4 reviews written)

The Daisy Powerline 617x is a decent inexpensive gun. It's definitely powerful, ~430fps for pellets & ~480fps for BBs (CO2 repeaters don't go much beyond this). Accuracy is good up to 30', and it can plink even further. Double action feels alright, but in single action the trigger feel is poor. The hammer also wants to overcock. The gun's mostly plastic, so it feels pretty cheap, but having dropped it several times I can say it's pretty durable. However, watch it when you're cleaning. The… Read Full Review

“Overall as i said the 617x is a good beginner gun and...”

Written on: 05/01/2009

Overall as i said the 617x is a good beginner gun and i recomend it to people wishing to take up the sport however i wouldn't recomend it to a profesional because it's acuracy could be better and the pistol tends to jam up… Read Full Review

“It'S a very good gun tho. I can shoot a crab apple...”

Written on: 09/09/2008 by npa4863 (1 review written)

It'S a very good gun tho. I can shoot a crab apple from 25 feet, and I'm not good at shooting. Nice power. Those 6 shots go fast… Read Full Review

“The Daisy Powerline is definitely the best bb gun ive...”

Written on: 22/08/2008 by AirGunswithDan (1 review written)

The Daisy Powerline is definitely the best bb gun ive ever bought (the best pistol). This gun has great power for the price at 485 its one of the most powerful guns on the market for under 100$.acurracy i can hit cans at 60 ft. Pretty durable ive dropped it a few times nothing happens. And for those people that say it pops up.. it doesnt as long as you line up the rotary clip… Read Full Review

“Yeah, it's a fantastic gun, so don't let those bad...”

Written on: 10/07/2008 by RamsesTK117 (1 review written)

Yeah, it's a fantastic gun, so don't let those bad points of mine let you down or anything, they could just certainly be improved on. Especially the rotary action. It's pretty unreliable if you look at exactly how it actually works. And mine stopped working correctly; the gun spins the clip to chamber the round, fires it, and then when you let go of the trigger, the mechanism that spins the clip goes back to its resting position for the next shot, but when mine does so, it catches on the clip… Read Full Review

“Ok so I just got this gun a while ago and I have to...”

Written on: 07/03/2008 by CuneydO (1 review written)

Ok so I just got this gun a while ago and I have to thank Pyramid Air for the shipping, it was great and fast, it came 3-5 days early. :) When I first held this gun I knew it was special, for an incredible price of $60 this gun is a must have! Usually a gun this strong is atleast $150. So anyway way after shooting plastic cups from about 30 yards, and the BBs going (these cups were very strong, a 315FPS gun could not even go through one side from about an inch away they weren't the same cups… Read Full Review

“I definately loved this gun, well first I have to...”

Written on: 07/03/2008

I definately loved this gun, well first I have to thank Pyramid Air for shipping, it said the gun would come on Feb 18th-21st or something like that but it came on the 115th. Now lets talk about power. I don't see how this gun ONLY shoots 485FPS! I shot a plastic cup with my 315FPS airsoft gun from about an inch or less away and it only put a dent in it. Now this gun I shot a plastic cup from about a good 30-50 yards away and still went through both sides! The aim on this gun is very good, the… Read Full Review

“Being a daisy I at least expected it to FIRE. These...”

Written on: 30/12/2007 by 617xblows (1 review written)

Being a daisy I at least expected it to FIRE. These clips just do not seem to work!… Read Full Review

“good for your money.remember if you like blowback guns...”

Written on: 25/11/2007 by 1830 (1 review written)

good for your money.remember if you like blowback guns do not buy this.blowback guns are ALWAYS less powerful.this is the most powerful pistol you can buy for 50 bucks!!!… Read Full Review

“I like this little pistol. I'd like the CO2 twist key...”

Written on: 20/02/2007 by thepaladin (49 reviews written)

I like this little pistol. I'd like the CO2 twist key to be a little less obvious, but it's handy. A lot of people seem to have trouble with the fixed sights, I haven't. You will have to use a little of what we used to call Ky windage, but the pistol is pretty accurate. Use pellets, stay away from BB's if you want accuracy.

For the money (especially )good buy. I would recommend this pistol… Read Full Review

Agarwood's Response to thepaladin's Review

Written on: 03/08/2014

good review, just wonder Daisy 008 and 617 which one better

“I bought this gun for personal safety use, as an 18...”

Written on: 08/12/2006 by Snaredrummer (1 review written)

I bought this gun for personal safety use, as an 18 year old that can't quite get a hold of a Concealed permit until 21 without any millitary background. I could hit a bottlecap from 10 yards off of a table. The sight is not adjustable, but it doesn't really need to be with how accurate the gun is in the first place. This gun is great for its price especially...no more 1008 for meh :-D… Read Full Review

“This Daisy Powerline 617x pistol is a great buy, the...”

Written on: 09/03/2006 by alphabravo (1 review written)

This Daisy Powerline 617x pistol is a great buy, the only problem is the opening hatch which has tendency to pop up when firing. However, instead of returning this well crafted airgun. I have found a way to keep this from happening without effecting the gun's performance. Simply open the latch so that the clip is exposed, then look near the hinge and you will see the spring that assists the opening action, gently pull it out with tweezers and you're good to go. Just open the latch manually… Read Full Review

“This is a fun gun, no doubt about it. I am usually...”

Written on: 03/02/2006 by James Underwood (13 reviews written)

This is a fun gun, no doubt about it. I am usually leery of CO2 guns, and I bought this Daisy Powerline 617x on a whim, probably because it looked like a Beretta.
At first heft I was pleased that the gun had some weight to it. On further inspection I realized this was due to the metal frame and inner workings of the gun, which may be cheap metal, but are at least better than plastic.
I was also pleased when shooting the gun - it is remarkably accurate. It's a "compromise" gun, designed for… Read Full Review

“Accuracy: ”

Written on: 20/12/2005 by Penn (1 review written)

Accuracy:
I bought Daisy Powerline 617x a month ago. A good performer from day one. I bought it for self-defense as I currently live in South Africa. But now I enjoy using it for fun. This machine is very accurate. I'm not at all a good shooter and never used a gun before. Last week I tried to hit coke can from 10 meters away and I could easily hit them. Now I tried to hit 25 meters away. I got 2 out of 3 shots and one right in the center. I used the TRUGLO fiber optic front sight and it's very… Read Full Review

“I bought my Daisy Powerline 617x from a local well...”

Written on: 04/12/2005 by alex6392 (1 review written)

I bought my Daisy Powerline 617x from a local well known gun shop it look good and is very light, but that's were the good points end. Mine would not fire and the barrel kept opening when I fired it. Also the index is not right. They are no good for match card shooting, ok for plinking e.g shooting cans of a wall no good for serious shooters. They are quite pricey for what they are. if you are a serious shooter in competitions I would not recommend this pistol. But if you are just wanting have… Read Full Review

Thepaladin's Response to 219604_alex6392's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

Hi. If you read the other reviews you probably know this, but almost everybody ends up pulling the spring out of the barrel assembly. That will stop the popping up.

Agarwood's Response to 219604_alex6392's Review

Written on: 04/08/2014

i have both 617 and 622 , i also have umarex Beretta and cp 88 , cp99 ,i would say daisy 617 and 622 are good co2 pistol. The problem is you putting long pellet or pointed pellet it could have make barrel open and it may damage the barrel lock. try a flat pellet.

“This Daisy 617x pistol is the first CO2 powered pistol...”

Written on: 27/03/2005 by Animal 007 (1 review written)

This Daisy 617x pistol is the first CO2 powered pistol I have ever owned. I am a genuine handgun shooter with several pistols and revolvers of differt makes and calibers. I am surprised and very pleased with both the power and accuracy of the Daisy. It has got to be the best choice for anyone who cannot afford the expesive target models available. I love the gun and use it for shooting pesty pigeons, and I rarely ever miss a shot. Equally accurate with BBs, round nose pellets, or high… Read Full Review

190179_Animal77's Response to Animal 007's Review

Written on: 21/04/2005

I should have added to my review that although the rear sight has no obvious adjustment, it is still quite simple to modify it's position if you need to correct any sighting error. And never file down the front sight, as that will not help. It is the bright red dot that is supposed to be placed at the top of the rear sight notch, not the top of the black plastic front sight. Make any needed correction at the rear sight only. Up, down, right, or left... it's really quite simple.

“I bought the Daisy Powerline 617x at Wal-mart after...”

Written on: 17/03/2005 by Jimw (1 review written)

I bought the Daisy Powerline 617x at Wal-mart after my son got one, His worked great! Mine was a dog. I couldn't hit anything and I'm not that bad a shot.
I returned it and bought another one hoping something was wrong with the first one.
The second one worked great right out of the "box". I am hitting pop cans at 25 yds consistently.
I think the 617X is a very good air pistol for the price. if you get the right one… Read Full Review

“I got the Daisy Powerline 617x gun last September. At...”

Written on: 14/03/2005 by jmurda (2 reviews written)

I got the Daisy Powerline 617x gun last September. At first I thought that it was going to be weak but after I used my thoughts changed. The gun could shoot through centimetre thick glass vases without shattering them. This gun looks like the actual beretta f 92 also has a good feel in the hand (solid). The co2 tanks can be left in for months without leakage and is very accurate and nothing should break.

lets talk power the 617x is one of the most powerful pistols out their. I mean at 425fps+… Read Full Review

Hotsky's Response to jmurda's Review

Written on: 16/03/2005

No offence but about 50% of what you said is not true!
<br>
<br>The power of the 617 is quite average for a CO2 pistol, Actually I think that the velocity is closer to 400fps (with a pellet); guns with 6in barrels have velocity of about 425fps (Daisy only has 4 ¼ in)
<br>
<br>The fact that 617 fires both pellets and bb’s means that the accuracy is compromised. There are some really weak airrifles that shoot at the same velocities as 617, but most are 550-1200fps.
<br>
<br>Real handguns shoot at about 800-1600fps, and not 2000+ (depending on a caliber and load), but that doesn’t mean that airguns (@400fps) have half the power of real guns. For example 9mm handgun has muzzle energy of about 325-400 ft-lb, .177 airguns with velocities of 400fps are about 2.5 ft-lb, so you can see the difference is HUGE (BTW there are a LOT of more powerful calibers than 9mm)
<br>
<br>Also hunting with such underpowered guns is just inhumane!
<br>
<br>Just curious what kind of groups (in inches) are you getting at about 7-10m?
<br>
<br>Ps: I have a Umarex Beretta 92, which is an overall better gun; all metal (but about 3 times the price)

Hotsky's Response to jmurda's Review

Written on: 18/03/2005

well, most multi shot 'replica' types of airguns are up to 450fps in .177 caliber; Not enough power for hunting anything (humanly). Single shot pistols are usually more powerful, but even they don't go over 500fps. If you want a cheep but (relatively) powerful pistol I would recommend a Crosman 2240; a single shot .22 @ 460 fps, they go for around $50.
<br>
<br>Rifles a usually more powerful up to 1200 fps in .177 or 800 fps in .22. That why it's a lot easier to get the 'right' power in a rifle.
<br>
<br>For under $120 I would recommend a Crosman 2250XT. A .22 caliber single shot CO2 rifle
<br>@550 fps gives you around 8 ft-lb of energy (not bad compared to 2.5 with Daisy) comes with a scope too.
<br>
<br>I'm not really into rifles so if you want do some more research
<br>
<br>go to www.pyramidair.com they have a lot to choose from...
<br>check out http://groups.msn.com/AirCO2pistolsForum

Jmurda's Response to jmurda's Review

Written on: 18/03/2005

Thanks for your honesty. I get groups of a little less than an inch at 7-10 meters. about hunting small animals I noticed that the 617x doesn’t have the power to kill in the first few shots. when I shot a squirrel in a high tree it fell out the tree and was just limping around and I had to finish it but it took five shots of gamo magnum pointed pellets. but I agree that it is not humane. I want a pistol/rifle that can kill a medium size animal in a few shots. do you have any suggestions? without going over $120