Ragdoll Reviews

Media Gallery for Ragdoll

Ragdoll
Ragdoll

“RiverRags Ragdoll Cattery”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by SavionBailey1947 (1 review written)

We got our second ragdoll here at RiverRags and couldn't be happier with her. She is everything the breed is supposed to be and more. We came from about 250 miles away and the breeder even met up with us, saving us about 1 hour in travel time. I highly recommend this cattery if you live in the Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan area!… Read Full Review

“Your New Best Friend”

Written on: 09/04/2013 by CattDog (1 review written)

Ragdolls are undeniably the best cats ever. Want a dog but don't have room? Get a Ragdoll. Want a floppy amusing kid friendly cat? Get a Ragdoll. Ragdolls are perfect for any age, they are fun and playful, yet gentle and caring. They are definitely people cats, they love people. They are also really docile, so if you get one MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT INSIDE! I cannot stress this enough! If they get attacked, they WILL NOT fight back. I know this from experience. (RIP Jasper 3). My 2 knew Ragdoll… Read Full Review

“A dog-like cat that is gentle and playful. ”

Written on: 10/02/2013

I've been having one myself for 2 years now. Pros: they are dog-like cats that love playing fetch, and hide and seek. They are royal and like following you around the house. I don't know other but my kitty is a floppy cat and like a cuddle in bed. She is a wise cat. When she was still a baby, she knew how to climb up and jump off the cat tree without hurting her joints after I taught her once. Cons: I disagree with others that recommend letting Ragdoll out. You can do it if you are with… Read Full Review

“I have had two Ragdoll cats. Both unique in their...”

Written on: 09/01/2013

I have had two Ragdoll cats. Both unique in their personalities but both beautiful creatures. Our original cat who is now 9 years old has always been the dominate one. She runs the house but with her playfulness and love she shows through following us around or jumping next to us for a cuddle it's not hard to see why. We often play fight with her but she has never drawn out her claws on me and if anything is to much she will nibble on your hand soft enough to not even leave a mark. She will… Read Full Review

“Happy ragdoll owner in Maryland”

Written on: 24/06/2012 by hillaryb65 (1 review written)

This breed is wonderful, I am now taken by two ragdolls that I got from a breeder called Castletopdolls in Maryland. I highly recomend this breed to anyone and our breeder was wonderful offered us healthy furr balls… Read Full Review

“Experience so far with male ragdoll kitten”

Written on: 08/06/2012 by BodesMom (1 review written)

Pros: Beautiful to look at, Super affectionate, inquisitive, extremely amenable to handling (goes "limp" when held), quirky personality, amazingly soft fur, easy to clip nails, playful and fun Cons: BIG voice! Not really a con for me but when I was researching ragdolls many breed descriptions said they tend to have "quiet, musical voices" My boy is loud and LIKES to converse with us! Personal Experience: My neutered male Bode is a Red point mitted ragdoll who was born on 1/26/12. I have had… Read Full Review

“All cats should have access to outside!!!!”

Written on: 05/04/2012

The idea that there are characteristics unique to Ragdolls which makes it best to keep them indoors is a bunch of ridiculous rubbish! I imagine it has something to do with the people wanting to feel less guilty over leaving their pet locked up. My ragdoll (like all my previous cats) goes outside everyday. I have watched him closely and yes they are a little more trusting I suppose - but now with 6 months experience in a quiet outdoor area he is just like any other cat!!! Just keep an eye on… Read Full Review

Firefly1245's Comment

Written on: 12/03/2013

You're crazy to let a Ragdoll outside! They are inside cats because of their docile natures, not because responsible owners keep them inside to ease guilty feelings. You really need to learn more about this breed of cat before you recommend that people let them outside.

Porkchop2010's Comment

Written on: 22/04/2013

Not letting any animal outside is cruelty to the animal, like humans they need sunlight for good health. We have 2 ragdolls and they go out every day, they go eat some grass, lie in the sun, play and chase things, They are very dog like and love to be around us (their family), They are a wonderful breed to have around children super tolerant of our 3 yr old pulling them around, A beautiful cat that I would recommend to anyone, just make sure and treat them like any normal cat. Very affectionate, quite vocal and will sit and "talk" to you, low maintenance....

Safecat's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2013

By confining them to a life indoors you just may be saving their life. If you haven't noticed, cats are hit by cars all the time, they have no knowledge that walking in the street could kill them, but you do!
Too sad that you put their lives in jeopardy every time you let them out!!

Saferagdolls's Comment

Written on: 12/09/2013

YES I agree - we have just lost our beautiful Layla-Rose. She was hit by a car on our quiet street last night and we will be burying her in our garden tonight. I would definitely do things differently if we could turn back the clock. She was a very adventurous kitten and lately even took to climbing onto the roof of our house and the neighbours house! But yes, she should never have been left to wander even though she loved it so much and we thought the neighbourhood and street was safe enough. Now we have lost the most lovable, affectionate, funny and playful kitten ever!!! She was only 11 months old. I agree with Safecat's comment - don't risk your Ragdolls life by letting her out without supervision!!!

“Hi all, I have a beautiful blue mitted ragdoll named...”

Written on: 28/04/2010

Hi all, I have a beautiful blue mitted ragdoll named Georgie, he is 8 months old now and a little angel (most of the time) he definatly has his mad moments though when he scouts around the house at 100 miles an hour screaming his head off! Complete nutcase but quite amusing! I too was told they are indoor only cats but he has got a taste for the outside world and loves it, he only goes in the garden, but spends hours out there chasing butterflies and I hate to say it bees and wasps! This has… Read Full Review

“Apollo my beautiful ragdoll kitten is a sweetheart....”

Written on: 01/04/2010

Apollo my beautiful ragdoll kitten is a sweetheart. intend to cat proof the garden soon as he does enjoy playing in garden with my other kitten. I have to admit he is as bold as he is beautiful and fearless enough to walk up to strange dogs and other cats. i would never let him out to roam - anyone could pick him up and not all dogs are friendly....

my other kitten (the same age and a fracton of the size) beats him up when they play fight - Apollo is an extremly gentle giant...not that he… Read Full Review

“We have just bought a 16 week old Ragdoll kitten...”

Written on: 03/01/2009 by davelee (1 review written)

We have just bought a 16 week old Ragdoll kitten (Molly-Mae) she is so affectionate, i would highly recommend one, she as a excellent loving nature and is not shy of human affection, if your looking for a loving cat and pillow companion then a Ragdoll is for you.

Never thought a kitten could get under under my skin so much, she really has become a loved family member, Ragdoll's crave attention and love, if you can give this to them then you will have a friend for life… Read Full Review

“My Ragdoll kitten is great. I got him at 4 months old...”

Written on: 25/12/2007

My Ragdoll kitten is great. I got him at 4 months old and he is a lovebug. He loves to be with our family. He is so gentle with our two children ages 1 and 3. The girls will play with him and harass him a little, and he is totally mellow. He has nipped them, but I don't blame him. He has nipped using his teeth, but we are working on that behavior, and yes he loves to knead with his claws partially out, but if you don't like cat claws trim their nails! His got trimmed and we were going to stay… Read Full Review

“I am the cat lover in the family, but having seen the...”

Written on: 18/12/2007

I am the cat lover in the family, but having seen the last of my Siamiese cats out I didn't think I could face the heartache all over again. 3 months later Teddy cat fell into my arms as a present from a friend at 1 year of age. My husband the dog lover absolutely adores him as he is indeed very dog like, or rather, I think, like a horse with claws. As to grooming, HA HA HA. How do you groom a non-cooperative cat that can twist it's back legs around over the top of it's back whilst… Read Full Review

“I am a total expert on this breed. Our family were...”

Written on: 20/03/2006 by darktemplar01 (1 review written)

I am a total expert on this breed. Our family were the third Ragdoll Cat breeders in England. We won a lot of rosettes for our cats. We had champions and Grand champions in England.

We have sold cats to the Sheik of Doha, who turned up in a stretched limo and two armed guards. He bought two kittens, who (although now are probably a good 15 years old), who eat off gold plates, the lucky lil souls.

we started in the 1980's, and sold up in the mid 1990's to to family reasons. The breed were… Read Full Review

Alex Grossman's Response to 234900_darktemplar01's Review

Written on: 21/04/2006

We also have a ragdoll she is called Misty and is four years old. She is absolutely adorable and very loving. She is definitely an indoor cat and loves being cuddled. She adores our 12 year old son and cries outside his room when he is away.

Iwantaragdoll's Response to 234900_darktemplar01's Review

Written on: 13/02/2008

Hello darktemplar01<br/>I am from Doha, Qatar and i've been trying to get a Ragdoll for a while now! they are my absolutely favorite breed of cats and i'm just dying to have one... i tried breeders in the UK, USA and Europe but they won't ship to me...i found one breeder her name is Del Anderson in Norfolk (she has shipped to Dubai which is in the Emirates and close to Qatar) but her email was out of date and her phone number was wrong. Anyways what i'm trying to say is that do you know anyone that ships internationally? Please let me know. My other option is to get a regular kitty from the petstore and i really don't want to do that because they are not very socialized.<br/>Thank you.

“Rag dolls are amazing cats, I dont think I will ever...”

Written on: 07/11/2005 by lisaandmark (1 review written)

Rag dolls are amazing cats, I dont think I will ever own a different breed. He gets on well with my other pets inc my pet rats… Read Full Review

“The Ragdoll is a semi longhaired giant of a cat. Be...”

Written on: 16/07/2004 by Chinablue (4 reviews written)

The Ragdoll is a semi longhaired giant of a cat. Be prepared for a male neuter when mature to be in the region of 15-22lbs, female neuters usually around 13-15lb. Breeding girls and stud boys usually weigh less than the neuters. There are three basic patterns, mitted, colourpoint and bicolour and quite a variety of colours now though the "traditional" colours are seal, blue, lilac and chocolate (newer colours are the red and cream, torties & tabbies). All ragdolls must have blue eyes - the… Read Full Review

“Ragdoll - These cats are not as pathetic as their...”

Written on: 01/06/2004 by karenbanbury (1 review written)

Ragdoll - These cats are not as pathetic as their breed descriptions suggest. Mine has a great character - loves playing with my other cats - loves being outside, especially if you are there too. Isn't overly floppy like you'd expect - except if he is sleepy and then he'll let you cuddle him like a baby, relaxing so he's in almost any position you put him in.
He's very friendly and quite brave - I've heard that you shouldn't let them outside and I completely disagree with this - my one loves… Read Full Review

C0Co's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 16/08/2004

I also let my Ragdoll cat go outside, and she loves it too!I think because all ragdolls are sold on the basis of keeping them indoors that nobody has really researched whether it is true or not that they are defenseless. My ragdoll kitten is DEFINATELY not defenseless!
<br>She chases off other cats that are in the garden and growls at them! She also caught a little mouse and came running in the house to show me (she let it go,so its still alive!) and she is very good at catching moths and spiders and eating them too, so really I think these cats haven't been given a chance of being normal outdoor cats as they have never been given the chance to go outside.
<br>Is it really possible to have created an indoor only cat like the Ragdoll or is it just a selling tactic for the breed? (which started in America where 90% of pet cats are indoor only cats)
<br>I really think people should make up there own minds about why there cat should be an indoor only cat and not only go by and believe what other people tell them.
<br>I have also not come across any statistics or hard facts about why these cats should be kept inside, its sounds like word of mouth and myths.

Guest's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 26/06/2011

I agree, i got my Ragdoll from a Rescue group but he had been let outside from a Kitten, so to keep him in would be cruel. I did it for 3 weeks and he almost died with depression. Yes they are soft, but they are cats, they come from Siamese and Persian cross. They have the same wits about them deep down. When people say they are ''indoor'' cats I believe that is a selfish notion. If they are show quality I can perhaps appreciate this, but even if their life is shorter, would you rather it be a happy life, or one where they are caged. It's cruel to keep a cat, any cat indoors. Cats roam, that's what they do. My Raggie is 10, and very very happy. Yes I do keep a close eye on him when he is out, but to not let them outside is just selfish, maybe these people are trying to save money from vets bills??? who knows...as you can tell I am totally against keeping cats indoors!

471452_Sjward's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 06/07/2009

Thank you for that, i have just got my Ragdoll Kitten he is 3 months old. At what age did you let your cat out to venture into your garden.

Mozart's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 27/03/2009

Hi there I have a ragdoll kitten he is very loving but unfortunately every night about 7.00 p.m he turns into a psycho you cant get near him and if you try he just bites you and runs away, but also jumps all over the furniture, not good on a leather suite but I wouldnt be without him and I am hoping once he is6 months old and I can take him to be neutered he will quiet down, hopefully
<br/>

Fostermum's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 15/10/2004

Thanks, COco. I think he does have a very low boredom threshold(just like me :)), but short of keeping him occupied 24/7 I can't see a way round it.
<br>
<br>He does have access to outdoors as we have a cat-flap, but this leads to a well-enclosed and safe back garden. He went out a fair bit when we first got him but doesn't seem too keen now that the weather has become colder and wetter.
<br>
<br>I've bought him various new toys and two new beds, the reason for the latter being that he loves to find an enclosed dark place to sleep. Neither of these were a success as he prefers the wash basket!
<br>
<br>I guess I'll just have to take him as he comes which is no great hardship as he is a sweetheart.

C0Co's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 14/10/2004

Do you let him outside at all?
<br>I have copied out a paragraph from a book called 'Cat Confidential' by Vicky Halls.
<br>
<br>It may be that he is just bored and wailing for attention? As a normal outdoor cat can fill up their day with many things, an indoor cat can become very bored and depressed.
<br>
<br>'Behavioural problems in the indoor cat'
<br>
<br>'Whatever lifestyle your own cat enjoys, the ability to see things from a feline perspective will always ensure that you are doing your very best. Cats have numerous talents including adaptability and this is one of the many reasons they are so popular. However, there are times when a bored cat can easily become focused on issues that would not normally be important and these can create stress. A cat may become over-attatched to its owner or 'obsessed' with food. The most worrying result could be the poor cat performs repetitive sequences of behaviour that herald the onset of a stereotypical or obsessive-compulsive problem. Just think of the pacing tigers and the weaving bears in the dreadful old-style zoos and you will understand what I am saying. Many of the behavioural cases I see involve cats kept exclusively indoors. Their paws are inevitably idle unless preventative steps are taken' <br>'so,we are trying to justify keeping cats indoors,and rather than saying 'sure, they look perfectly happy' we should really be assesing them in a more scientific way that is more sympathetic to their species and their natural behavior.'
<br>
<br>Or you may just have a very talkative Ragdoll :)....I have seen other posts around the web with people saying their Ragdoll meows all the time, and my cat was one of them....although she has stopped now that she has been given more things to do in her day.

Fostermum's Response to karenbanbury's Review

Written on: 14/10/2004

I am at present fostering a male ragdoll for a relative. He is very affectionate with all the characteristics previously mentioned, except for one thing. He has periods of prolonged, monotonous wailing which can occur at any time of the day or night.
<br>
<br>Apparently he has always done this but the habit is at odds with the description of ragdolls as being very quiet cats. Has anyone had the same experience? I do feel concerned for him when he does this as he is such a sweetie.
<br>Any advice appreciated.