Yorkshire Terrier Reviews

Yorkshire Terrier - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Yorkshire Terrier

Yorkshire Terrier
Yorkshire Terrier

“as far as I am concerned yorkies are the best pets to...”

Written on: 02/09/2008

as far as I am concerned yorkies are the best pets to own, they are easy to train if the owner is consistent, incredibly smart, funny. They demand a lot of attention. They are very easy to spoil! a true loyal friend for life.

“I have one Yorkie and he is a small breed and a runt....”

Written on: 13/07/2006 by cloo (5 reviews written)

I have one Yorkie and he is a small breed and a runt. They have big personalities and its common to hear them described as a big dog in a small dog package. They are very obedient which is nice for owners who don't have time for dill dally. They can be friendly to other dogs when away for their owners but when it comes to the case of who's favorite the Yorkie always demands to be number one causing him to be aggressive no matter what breed, weight, or size… Read Full Review

“I have recently bought a yorkshire terrier puppy and I...”

Written on: 07/08/2005 by Green1j (2 reviews written)

I have recently bought a yorkshire terrier puppy and I absolutely love him. He can drive me crazy with his confidence and stubborness, but it also makes them endearing, as he is a cheeky little chappy.
When he is tired he settles straight down, and we have no problems leaving him in a puppy pen during the night, or when we go out. As long as I play with him and take him out at least once a day, he is normally fine, as it allows him to get rid of all the puppy energy, (but I assume this is the… Read Full Review

“We've got two yorkies, they are so cute. they do bark...”

Written on: 15/11/2004 by jenny1000 (63 reviews written)

We've got two yorkies, they are so cute. they do bark at the slightest sound on the front door or whenever someone comes inside, but I couldn't imagine life without them. they are so loving and easy to look after. well one of them still leaves us nice smelly 'presents' at night time, but she's still worth it. most yorkies have very grey wiry fur, but ours don't. they get on well with other dogs and children but sometimes get snappy if they are scared. they are easy to train and very loving… Read Full Review

“Yorkshire Terrier - I share my life with two of these...”

Written on: 25/10/2004 by BadDog (16 reviews written)

Yorkshire Terrier - I share my life with two of these magnificent dogs and wouldn't change anything about them (apart from their toilet routine).

There are many sizes of Yorkie - my two are the largest of the lot and really are two huge aggressive, fearless dogs inside a smaller frame. Don't be fooled by their size, these dogs will fight to the death and savage any rodents, birds or similar animals if caught. The larger ones more resemble the original breed than the tiny, delicate, show… Read Full Review

Postie2003's Response to BadDog's Review

Written on: 15/03/2005

Couldn't agree more with this review, having had a standard Yorkie as a late childhood/teenage companion.
<br>
<br>My parents got him as an estimated 18 week old pup when my aunt took him off a drunk in a petrol station one night who was kicking him in broad view of everyone, and threatening to throw this poor dog in the canal if someone didn't take it off him.
<br>
<br>The dog was in a hell of a mess. He had been beaten, half starved and was riddled with fleas. My aunt already had three dogs and rang my parents who were looking for a dog at the time. They took the gamble and took him on, and it proved to be one of the best decisions they ever made.
<br>
<br>After various vet appointments, a lot of feeding and some TLC, this little dog became a firm family friend. Nobody would have blamed him if he'd not let a human near him again, but over the space of the next year, he slowly learned to trust people again, even if he would occasionally pee in fright if you moved your feet too quickly near him. This little dog showed a character and guts that I wouldn't have expected from a breed ten times his size.
<br>
<br>A year on and you'd never have known anything had been wrong. He owned the house (woe betide anyone he didn't know who stepped foot in the garden), was fiercely protective of all of us, loved his long summer walks along the river where he'd spend more time in it than alongside it, and was as happy to play rough with a ball or squeaky toy as he was to veg out in front of the fire with a full belly, snoring contentedly. The yappy, snappy image of Yorkies is totally wrong, particularly with a standard that has not been mollycoddled.
<br>
<br>They're tough little dogs with huge intelligence (learned tricks such as beg and crawl in about half an hour) and a huge personality. Sadly, Scamp is no longer with us, but my current mad Border Collie cross regularly plays with one just like him at the park who gives just as good as he gets. Courageous, tough and characterful little dogs who fear nothing, and who have a very undeserved reputation. A really nice review that struck a chord with me.

“Our yorkshire terrier is a miniture so he is tiny....”

Written on: 29/06/2004 by shady sheepie (2 reviews written)

Our yorkshire terrier is a miniture so he is tiny. These little dogs tend to be fussy eaters. They are very quick to learn. Love to be walked so they can sniff but are happy with a garden, make a great pet to fuss over. resonable good with kids. Big personality fearless when faced with bigger dogs. Easy to transport. They love to play if you can find a ball small enough. Down fall is there coat needs attention twice a day they have a tendancy for extremley bad breath. A very loyal and loving… Read Full Review