Sebo x4 Reviews

Features Upright
Dirt Capture Bagless

Features:
  • Sebo upright vacuum.
  • S-Class filtration as a standard feature and is well suited for sufferers of allergies or asthma.
  • Three step filtration
  • Automatic Electronic Height Adjustment: From Hard Floor to Carpet
  • #1 selling vacuum in Germany!
  • Refine your search

“Godd but be carefull!”

Written on: 20/09/2013

This cleaner picks up well, is easier to lug around than a Dyson BUT be carefull if you accidently go over the cable! Instead of just sucking it up a little it will mash the cable in an instant leaving it bare and presumably dangerous. Had mine a month and this is the first time it happened. I guess I may need to get the cable replaced at least and don't think it's covered by warranty… Read Full Review

“Not fit for purpose”

Written on: 23/07/2013 by basilandthyme (1 review written)

I purchased this hoover just over a month ago after being advised by a sale person at John Lewis that this was the best vacumm for picking up dog hair and that it was a great sellar. I was undecided whether to get this one or the Miele but was persuaded that the Sebo was better. I can't fault the sales staff as it was ultimately my decision, albeit a wrong one! I've never been so unhappy with a hoover before. 1) its heavy, really heavy and taking it up and down the stairs is a challenge and… Read Full Review

Kjairey's Response to basilandthyme's Review

Written on: 29/10/2013

Well I have had one for 5 years now and it has performed exceptionally well and our Jack Russell seems to have barbed hairs like a fishhook. It doesn't get them all the hairs out but I wouldn't expect any vacuum cleaner to do that.
    The X4 is a quality, well engineered product.
    By the way, you don't 'hoover' with a Sebo you vacuum clean!

“built like a tank”

Written on: 19/02/2013

Yes it is durable and powerful and does a good suction job BUT.... 1. It is heavy to carry, especially up and down stairs. 2. How is one supposed to use the hand tools without the damn thing falling over. 3. It is built like a tank, it could last lifetime. 4. The flex is nice and long but vacuuming awkward stairs like mine in a Victorian house is a nightmare. … Read Full Review

Viachek's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2013

But you can use an extention pipe up till 15ft for stairs. It's just the main reason why we choose it.

“Hooray for the Sebo?”

Written on: 29/06/2012 by steersk (4 reviews written)

I will start by saying this is not my vacuum - it is my Grandparent's. However they are getting less physically able and since they live on the same estate, I usually end up vacuuming for them when I go around. The build quality of this machine is fantastic. It is built from tough ABS and feels just as robust as my old faithful Dyson DC04. It has a nice colour scheme of black and silver. However the black is glossy and attracts scratches very quickly (like a Numatic Henry's hat). The suction… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“Top quality, superb. Best upright vacuum cleaner on Earth!”

Written on: 24/05/2012

Fantastic machine. I've got three of them. 1 for work, used every week day on several houses/flats. 1 for home and 1 spare. Who else gives you a 5 year guarantee as standard? Tip - Don't touch Dyson with a barge pole. Dyson is Utter Utter Utter Utter Utter Rubbish!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Drastic's Comment

Could not agree more!

“Superb cleaner”

Written on: 06/05/2012

Had one of these over 20 years ago. Since had a Dyson and a horrible Morphy Richards cleaner which I could stand no longer. The Sebo is superb in comparison. It is so easy to use, not heavy, it glides along the floor & automatically adjusts to different floors. It also has a wand which you just pull out to go into the corners or suck up cobwebs. It is excellent at cleaning edges. I am now able to vacuum my stairs again (my husband had to do them with the old cleaner). Although expensive its… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“Dire what it's supposed to do... And well!!”

Written on: 23/12/2011 by struggs (1 review written)

We have owned the Sebo X4 extra for about 10 years. It's bullet proof. We went thought the usual fusion phase but due to them being very big, heavy and tiny dust storage we decided to upgrade. Mum had an older model and swore by it. We feel this vacuum cleaner is the same quality as all our Miele appliances. Well built an very durable. Parts are cheap enough and we never loose suction even when the bag is rammed full. It can fall over but you can easily get round this by positioning the cleaner… Read Full Review

“Save your money!”

Written on: 07/08/2011 by rileyrodders (1 review written)

This vac has caused more damage to my house than the kids did when they were young. Not too bad when pushed, but try the extension hose and it's a nightmare. Don't try to use the hose more than about 2 feet away from the vac or the vac falls over, usually hitting the coffee table, wall, or your foot!!! Some people say hold the vac whilst using the hose. WHAT! I think that's defeating the object a bit. The accessories are cheap for a vac of this price too. I am a Design Engineer, and if I… Read Full Review

Sanstache's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 14/08/2011

It seems unlikely anyone would employ you as a design engineer if you cannot grasp that pulling on a hose coming from the top of an upright will make it tip over. Having done it once you failed to learn anything and from your description continued to crash around your house.An easily attached extension hose is available for a small charge if you feel the need to use the hose and tools. It hardly seems reasonable to blame this excellent cleaner for your own lack of ability.

Drastic's reply to Sanstache's Comment

I totally agree, These are a great machine,

If anybody cant get on with this Sebo, then there not using it correctly, use with care and common sense!
    However if it’s too much machine for anybody go buy a “Henry”, hopefully you’ll be able to manage that.

Drastic's reply to Sanstache's Comment

I totally agree, These are a great machine,

Babbette's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 17/02/2013

I have been using this Vac ( SEBO Automatic X4extra) for some months now. The last time I used it, I was HORRIFIED!! to see that the flex had become caught underneath the vac, and, consequently tore off the 'plastic? rubber? covering, to reveal bare broken wiring. .... I was about to vacuum a rug, after mopping the surrounding floor .... Please tell me that I couldn't have been ELECTROCUTED!!!!!

Drastic's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 23/11/2012

Any up right Hoover will fall backwards if you pull on it’s extension hose.
    ie: Tall thin object, fix a rope to the top then pull , over it goes, it’s called physics !

care and common sense!
    However if it’s too much machine for you go buy a “Henry”, hopefully you’ll be able to manage that.

Alberross's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 27/10/2012

You're talking complete and utter tosh,it's not designed for a long reach, you were too tight to buy the next model up with the extension hose!
    It's superb for the job it's designed for, if you were observant,you would notice it had a short hose that is not designed to be overstretched.
    I have had one of these for 14 years, other than change bags and filters I have replaced 1 brush roller in it(very easy to fit in 2 minutes!)

Tvl31's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 30/05/2012

Sanstache's insulting response to this review convinced me immediately to decide against buying this machine! I'm looking for a hoover and need a good one but the one I'm replacing doesn't fall over!

Drastic's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 21/01/2012

With respect it seem's a little more care is needed when it's used, plus a helping of common sense.

Mine has been fine & used correctly, these are of good quality & will last for years, If not miss-used!

Guest's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 08/01/2012

At last, I thought I was in some parralel universe, looking at all these wonderous reviews....it is a monster, and because it cost so much I am lumbered with it for a good while. Horrible machine.

Guest's Response to rileyrodders's Review

Written on: 21/10/2011

totally agree with the above. It is really frustrating trying to use the hose with one foot on the vacuum to keep it upright, also the hose is very not as flexible as previous vacuum's that I have owned such as miele and dyson so not very \"giving\" when using it. Wanted another Miele but they did not make uprights when I bought this 3 years ago but brought one out shortly after - wish I had waited !!!!

Sebo x4

“had one 7yrs, and still as good as new”

Written on: 17/07/2011

We have holiday cottages and the cleanliness of them is very important,we allow dogs but also cater for families with small children,so have to remove all traces of hair, which the Sebo does with ease. The hose is great for getting right into awkward edges but the vac does a good job of this anyway, and it doesnt take two seconds to fit back into the body of the machine. The vacuum is so slim it is easy to clean under the beds,it isnt bagless but the bags last for quite a while and are easy to… Read Full Review

“Sebo X4 Auto”

Written on: 28/06/2011

Bought this hoover after it was recommended to me by a salesperson in John Lewis, and reading customer reviews. It is absolutely rubbish on hard floors and I am very disappointed with it. I cannot think of anything positive to say about it at all. Waste of money in my opinion and have resorted to asking for my mum's second hand cylinder hoover, rather than battle on with this machine… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“This is a very expensive vacuum cleaner which you...”

Written on: 24/05/2011

This is a very expensive vacuum cleaner which you would expect to have great suction and ease of use, especially after watching their videos. They are a heavy machine without great suction. The hose can pinch the skin with use and cleaner needs to be held when using the hose otherwise it will fall over. My machine does not even pick up my daughter's long hair! Sebo service have been very pleasant but tell me that I must not be using the cleaner correctly! Save your money and buy a cheaper… Read Full Review

Drastic's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2012

My machine does have very good suction, I suggest you need to clean the filters,
    also check the bag, suction does fall off if bag is nearly full.

Lastly with respect I’ve yet to see a cheap Dyson, most similar size Dyson’s are over £300 pounds!

Propwiz's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2014

I have also been told by Sebo that I have not been using the machine properly. Loads of problems and Sebo have no qualms in suggesting all faults are indeed because of the user ... Don't know how my Vorwek managed to survive my apparent abuse for 22 years! Would never buy Sebo again even if the vacuum was A* now that I've had the displeasure of their customer services. Thank goodness I bought through John Lewis - at least they value their customers. They have compensated me for the bills; new hose, new wiring. Sebo are going to send new fabric cover because they returned it to me today with a slash right down it - incredibly they didn't apologise they just questioned whether I had used a knife to open the box - no I didn't. They used the knife to open the box when I sent it to them!

Sebo x4

“After reading reviews I chose the SEBO X4 and have...”

Written on: 22/04/2011

After reading reviews I chose the SEBO X4 and have never looked back. My only gripe after so many years use was that I had to change roller and filters also clean the hose because after so many years use it smelled a bit. A little tip, drop some essental oil on the charcoal filter and a nice smell circulates when you are vacuuming… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“The only thing I would say against my sebo is that if...”

Written on: 21/03/2011

The only thing I would say against my sebo is that if you use the hose leading away from the back it can fall over if you over stretch it, that said, if you use if fro the front it will just roll towards you (surface permitting). Other than that I have absolutely nothing to say against these machines. Our first one lasted over 10 years before it died, we could have had it repaired but they (Sebo) had an ex-display machine that they offered at a reduced price (but with the same full warranty)… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“ Have had the same Sebo vacuum cleaner for almost...”

Written on: 10/02/2011

Have had the same Sebo vacuum cleaner for almost 17yrs! Whilst others were buying a Dyson i went for a Sebo which was a similar price. Durng the first year i had a problem and they came out and fixed NO CHARGE! Have not noticed any lack of suction even as it has got older. This is a great vacuum cleaner for both carpets and hard floors as it automatically adjusts. So value for money, definitely. Would i buy another one? Don't need to!!… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“I had an old Vax (Big orange and black cylinder) for...”

Written on: 12/01/2011

I had an old Vax (Big orange and black cylinder) for years and it did the job but the Vax went on loan to child moving out and never came back so we bought a Miele two years ago (husbands choice) and very good it was too until same child hoovered out his car full of water with it! So we bought an upright Electrolux Vittessse pet lover for me and a Vax performance cylinder for him. Both have given up the ghost within the last year. Well I don't really like hovering but when I do I want something… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“I asked for this for Xmas and have never before had an...”

Written on: 29/12/2010

I asked for this for Xmas and have never before had an upper quality vacum so I am just blown away. The suction power! The sleekness! Light, low and thin. Compressed vacum dirt? With the Hoover, that bagless container would have had to been washed 2 or 3 times already. Long nice cord. The hose is fast to access. Easy to push, no cloud of dust ever, lots of cleaning. Yes! Yes!… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“I've had x3 Dyson's all over the tip wall after a few...”

Written on: 30/11/2010

I've had x3 Dyson's all over the tip wall after a few years and this baby outperforms from the gate! Firstly it clears dust right in the corners from the excellent suctions and on carpet with it's "unique self-levelling" simply wins hands-down - it is a much-better cleaner than the Dyson. It looks boaring but once you've used you'll see the diference, quality and never go away from this model. Some folks rightly winge about it falling over when you use the flexible pipe. Yes - it does but it's… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“We rate it as 5.0 out of 5.0. We have had our Sebo X4...”

Written on: 28/11/2010

We rate it as 5.0 out of 5.0. We have had our Sebo X4 upright vaccum cleaner for over 10 years, purchased in John Lewis, had to buy dusting brush separately as this became a standard feature after we purchased ours. Really reliable and easy to use. I have the extending hose which means I can clean the stairs without the likelihood of the machine falling over. My parents purchased one after borrowing ours and they have had theirs for 7 years. My sister-in-law has a Sebo X1 - its 12 years old and… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“I hate this machine. Its heavy, will not go from hard...”

Written on: 17/11/2010 by vonnytodd (1 review written)

I hate this machine. Its heavy, will not go from hard surface to carpet unless you lift it, falls over when you use the tools, creeps when you stand it upright, smells (because its bagged)
    I have bought a little vacuum cleaner from aldi to use instead… Read Full Review

Sebo x4

“Don't touch SEBO! They are very poorly constructed; mine...”

Written on: 29/10/2010

Don't touch SEBO! They are very poorly constructed; mine has only lasted 2 years (and after light use). My Dyson lasted 10 years and my very cheap Hoover made vacuum cleaner is still going strong after 7 years. SEBO are making a cheap product and charging far too much for it (well over £100 for their starter models). Their site is awash with expensive replacement spare parts (not surprising considering how poorly made the components are on these vacuum cleaners)… Read Full Review

Davea429's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2011

This review is very fair. Although providing good suction, the tools are poor.(I've modified mine so that it will take my old electrolux tools).
    <br/>Another annoying feature is that it falls over when using the hose.