Soltek SL75-DRV4 Reviews

Soltek SL75-DRV4 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Soltek SL75-DRV4

Soltek SL75-DRV4

“Though, I'm coming into this well over a year after...”

Written on: 26/09/2003 by Magus (3 reviews written)

Though, I'm coming into this well over a year after the board was released, I have to comment. Beautiful board. Though Soltek's a very unknown company, I bought this board when it came out, retail. In included a nice software bundle including virtual drive, a drive partition program and a drive image program, as well as the generic PC Cillin all board typically come with. It comes with what you NEED. Active chipset cooling, and at the time came with support for everything up to date except USB… Read Full Review

Soltek SL75-DRV4

“This is the best board released ever! I have had no...”

Written on: 25/11/2002 by //--\\ - TomiXx. (1 review written)

This is the best board released ever! I have had no problems at all, and I'm a serious OC expert! I have made my own Liquid Cooling sys, and as long as I can maintain a cold enough temperature on the core, there are absolutely NO unstability! Even when running winXP!!! I was just about to buy the SL-75DRV5, but the reviews pointed out that, no board could match the DRV4.. I haven't reached 150MHz FSB, that's not possible on my sys! But when I had my T-Bird AXIA 1200 it got it up running… Read Full Review

Arrahimi.'s Response to //--\\ - TomiXx.'s Review

Written on: 12/07/2003

all i can say is "GREATEST BOARD I HAVE EVER TRIED"

Soltek SL75-DRV4

“The SL75-DRV4 motherboard from Soltek is a relative...”

Written on: 07/02/2002 by Daedelus. (1 review written)

The SL75-DRV4 motherboard from Soltek is a relative newcomer and soltek have never been known as a major player against the likes of abit and asus, but now I think they have given their rivals something to worry about. After testing this board I have found that it competes with and wins in quite a few benchmark categories against its closest rivals from EPOX (EP-8KHA+) and ASUS to name a couple.
From the moment of bootup its stability came through, bios was simple and effective to use. For… Read Full Review

Dawgsleadtheway.'s Response to Daedelus.'s Review

Written on: 26/02/2002

I just purchased the Soltek board and this review helped ease my mind on my decision. Thank you.

Theoldfather's Response to Daedelus.'s Review

Written on: 15/12/2003

Silly me! forgot to mention which one. The board I bought is the SL-75ERV.

Theoldfather's Response to Daedelus.'s Review

Written on: 15/12/2003

Bought the board. Installed Duron 1.2GHZ CPU & run stock standard. Have had no problems at all.
<br>Now looking at upgrading to an Athlon XP CPU.
<br>Am waiting to hear back from the computer place that built it for me, on what max Athlon I can put in the board. The BIOS is J1.
<br>
<br>Any opinions?

Paul S.'s Response to Daedelus.'s Review

Written on: 31/07/2002

I am a workshop manager daytime and moonlighting as a computer consultant (since -84). The Soltek 75 series AMD motherboards is my first and only choice since I built my first such system. Don't miss standard SDRAM support, you don't drive your car around town with the parking brake engaged, do you? Why would you want to do this with your latest computer filled to the brim with expensive hardware?
<br>The only things I miss on occasion is a ISA slot and/or USB 2.0 support.

Theoldfarter.'s Response to Daedelus.'s Review

Written on: 17/06/2002

I am in the process of having a computer built for me. Reviews like this are convincing me that I won't go wrong by selecting a Soltek board. The one I am interested in is the SL-75ERV.