The Glass House, Sidbury, Worcester Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Glass House, Sidbury, Worcester - Ask a question now

“We eat at the Glass House regularly - in our opinion...”

Written on: 01/08/2010

We eat at the Glass House regularly - in our opinion it is the best restaurant in Worcester. The food is (almost) always excellent, the service friendly and attentive and the ambience relaxed and stylish.

Worcester is not exactly a culinary Mecca but the Glass House is an absolute gem of a restaurant… Read Full Review

“not a particulary busy evening but oh dear ! no...”

Written on: 11/04/2009 by celeriac (1 review written)

not a particulary busy evening but oh dear ! no welcome . were made to wait an age before even an acknowledgement. food when it arrived was mediocre at best maybe just unlucky. will try The Glass House, Sidbury, again but it has to improve i was a merchant house regular so it compounded my disapointment… Read Full Review

“We ate at the Glasshouse durng a short break to...”

Written on: 26/03/2008 by amanda pinkerton (1 review written)

We ate at the Glasshouse durng a short break to Worcester and enjoyed it very much. We plan on returning very soon and would recommend anyone trying this great place… Read Full Review

“I must admit, The Glass House in Sidbury was not my...”

Written on: 04/12/2007 by adamwest (7 reviews written)

I must admit, The Glass House in Sidbury was not my choice of venue. But I was well impressed with the changes made since my first visit. The menu has changed, and with the cheap deal it was worth the money. The wine list has changed as well; still a little expensive, but the house wine is OK. I will visit again soon, and I hope it will continue to improve.

PS. I found it a bit of a coincidence that all the positive reviews were written at the same time. But there again stranger things have… Read Full Review

“The Glasshouse is excellent and the waiting staff...”

Written on: 04/12/2007 by Cope (1 review written)

The Glasshouse is excellent and the waiting staff delightful. Their attention to detail makes a refreshing change. The Express Mune at £15 per head is outstanding value for money and more importantly delicious!

A fabulous place to meet friends for tapas on a Friday, have a romantic evening/celebration or take the children for Sunday breakfast. We are very lucky to have such a fabulous restaurant that offers wonderful food… Read Full Review

“Worcester is lucky to have such an outstanding...”

Written on: 14/11/2007 by maragaret (1 review written)

Worcester is lucky to have such an outstanding restaurant in such a scenic location. The food is sublime and the interior very stylish and buzzy… Read Full Review

“I have eaten at the Glasshouse on a number of...”

Written on: 14/11/2007 by richardcliff (1 review written)

I have eaten at the Glasshouse on a number of occasions and have always had a very enjoyable experience. The atmosphere is lively, the decor is smart and service is usually very attentive. As you would expect from a high quality chef, the menu is interesting and the food of high quality. Altogether an excellent evening… Read Full Review

“I did not want my "pheasant pudding starter" to end...”

Written on: 12/11/2007 by Tom Viala (1 review written)

I did not want my "pheasant pudding starter" to end and even asked for more bread to mop up the delicious gravy! My monkfish main was delicious and we all shared the "taste of Glasshouse puddings" a small piece of all the puds on the menu which is ideal for two or more to share. My dining companions were equally as complimentary and at around £35 per head with a couple of bottles of nice wine and coffees, it represents superb value (I've paid more in so called gastro pubs). We've also had the… Read Full Review

Adamwest's Response to Tom Viala's Review

Written on: 06/12/2007

I agreee the the glass house has improved bur still no cigar,shaun hill <br/>is never there so whats the point it should stand on its own merit<br/><br/>

“At last a good restaurant in Worcester. Having visited...”

Written on: 12/11/2007 by leatherlloyd (1 review written)

At last a good restaurant in Worcester. Having visited the glasshouse recently i wanted to congratulate them on an excellent restaurant. From the moment we arrived until out later than expected departure, due to another bottle of wine and some chat with a friendly local couple, we were spoilt by both the service and the food. In a relaxed but professional atmosphere we had attentive an knowledgeable staff able to make recommendations and suggestions on the wine and the menu. The menu was… Read Full Review

“If you want elegant food served crisply and with...”

Written on: 12/11/2007 by John Edison (1 review written)

If you want elegant food served crisply and with panache, The Glasshouse in Sidbury, Worcester is the place to go. I first went to The Glasshouse for a business lunch and wanted to impress my client without breaking the bank. We chose the business express menu which guarantees speedy service for those with not much time to spare. The choices are simple but inspired and for less than £40 you can have a splendid lunch and be on your way again in about an hour.I enjoyed it so much, I took my wife… Read Full Review

“A good restaurant with good food and good service....”

Written on: 28/10/2007 by stuartwild (2 reviews written)

A good restaurant with good food and good service. Perhaps a little overpriced, particularly on the wine list. The house wine is good and you don't need a mortgage to buy a couple of bottles… Read Full Review

“What a waste of time and money! ”

Written on: 30/05/2007 by adamwest (7 reviews written)

What a waste of time and money!

I will never go to The Glass House restaurant in Sidbury again!… Read Full Review

Tom Viala's Response to adamwest's Review

Written on: 12/11/2007

Adam have you actually been to the Glasshouse or did someone tell you to post such a ridiculous, unhelpful review? I’ve been several times now and the place has improved dramatically within the twelve months it’s been open and is now in a league of its now. The staff are really friendly, the food is superb and the atmosphere is buzzing and lively. How can you say if has no style?!
<br/>
<br/>I’d waste my time and money there any day of the week! In fact I will be this Friday night and I cant wait!

“I took my wife out to the Glass House in Sidbury last...”

Written on: 19/05/2007 by Ish123 (6 reviews written)

I took my wife out to the Glass House in Sidbury last night, for a special meal. We had been meaning to go since it opened. What a disappointment! The service was at best poor, and the menu showed no imagination and was grossly over priced. The wine list was impressive with impressive prices. Wine you can buy in Tesco's being sold for over £20 a bottle. Next week I shall really treat her and take her back to The Sauce Factory for a decent meal… Read Full Review

Tom Viala's Response to Ish123's Review

Written on: 12/11/2007

Looking at some of your other reviews I’m not at all surprised by your comments about the Glasshouse. Have you ever thought about opening your own restaurant as you seem to be quite an expert? It also doesn’t surprise me that you hide behind a user name rather than having the courage to reveal your true identity. You strike me as the type of person that is actually quite pleased to find something wrong so you can winge about it.
<br/>
<br/>I work in the equipment supply side of the industry and it’s not surprising that when restaurants rely so heavily on word of mouth referrals that 80% of establishments fail in their first year with people like you around. In my experience most establishments welcome constructive criticism as it gives them the opportunity to improve however you seem quit happy to slate these businesses off to anyone that will listen.
<br/>
<br/>The Glasshouse is a true class act. It may have taken a while to settle down but now it has its in a league of its own. The food is fantastic and I tend to agree with Jay Rayner from the Observer and Tracey Mcleod from the Independent (food critics who actually know what their talking about) who gave the food top marks during their respective reviews. The wine list is interesting and imaginative and despite looking, I have never seen any of their wines in Tesco’s or any other wine merchant for that matter.
<br/>
<br/>Quite frankly I’m glad you won’t be returning because it will make it easier for me to get a table!

D Evans's Response to Ish123's Review

Written on: 06/03/2008

Tom, do you not think that a person is entitled to their own opinion?
<br/>
<br/>My experience of the Glass House was disappointing, and I found the quality of the actual food as a product didn't match the standard the menu represented.
<br/>
<br/>I'm sure you'll tell me different, but that was MY finding!