House of Fraser Reviews

• Layout of shop

House of Fraser - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for House of Fraser

House of Fraser

“DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SREVICE FROM CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICE ”

Written on: 03/09/2017 by Simmons335 (1 review written)

Placed on line order yesterday for a coat £70 paid with credit card the website payment said it had not gone through put me back to shop wesite to put payment through again and then again i then phoned the online house of fraser website to ask what was happening to my oder and was put through to call centre iin cape town south africa not happy so i asked to be put to a uk call centre could not do that phoned twice again cape town south africe who in the right mind wants to talk to them about… Read Full Review

“Stay Away”

Written on: 17/08/2017 by londongirl35 (1 review written)

I am dismayed at the lack of concern displayed by this company. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years, and the treatment I have received at a managerial and executive level has been deplorable. On July 7, 2017, I visited the Leicester High Cross, HOF location. The store was closing within the next week. I selected three items I wanted to purchase. Initially, I thought the items I selected were on sale due to there being three racks in the same area with the sale signage above them… Read Full Review

“Dreadful customer service”

Written on: 01/08/2017 by bette1 (1 review written)

Order didn't arrive that I purchased on line . I then spent time phoning customer service I had to reorder product and pay £6.00 for a designated day delivery. Order did arrive on that day however the order had not been completed. I received no notification in advance that the order would not be completed .If I had I would have cancelled the complete order. I then had to spend further time phoning customer service ! It is truly a challenge dealing with customer service . They wanted me to be… Read Full Review

“Happy Shopping”

Written on: 20/07/2017 by lolamola (3 reviews written)

I only shop online with HOF but highly recommend their service. I love the variety they have to choose from. Also when returning small items such as clothing you can use the 'Collect' service and take you parcel to a local participating shop (such as a convenience store) and the parcel will be collect from there so you don't have to go the to post office or wait for a courier to collect. Refunds are always received within a week. I have shopped this way for a while now and so far can not fault… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all cost”

Written on: 23/04/2017 by Lawrence149 (1 review written)

Their customer services is outrageous and if they don't want to deal with you, they simply ignore you. I've been waiting over two months for a refund because an item was lost in the postal system and they refuse to investigate. If I'd known that this Company had been bought out by someone else from overseas, I wouldn't have shopped there and won't be again… Read Full Review

“resturant food”

Written on: 21/03/2017 by 500Abbott (1 review written)

me and my husband shop regular in nottm and have never eaten in the house of fraser im glad we did the food was amazing and the staff were very friendly and helpful it was very clean and very relaxed atmosphere and excellent value for money there wasnt anything i didnt like about it… Read Full Review

“Avoid furniture & carpet sales”

Written on: 31/01/2017

Buying furniture & carpets from HOF is a joke. Furniture comes from SCS. Capet fitted is not comparable to instore sample and their customer service is the worst I have ever come across. Rude and defensive with no will to try to rectify any problems… Read Full Review

“Refurbished shoes”

Written on: 17/12/2016 by didier_quelle (1 review written)

My 'new' shoes had a scratch. To hide the scratch, they used a darker shoe polish to hide the scratch... Unfortunately, when I 'tested' the shoes, it was night time and there was not enough light to see the color difference between the left and right refurbished shoes. I went to work and discovered the bad work...As I was using my shoes, ~House of Fraser did not want to refund the shoes… Read Full Review

“Refurbished shoes”

Written on: 17/12/2016 by Isaiasy1981 (1 review written)

“Awful customer service ”

Written on: 16/12/2016 by Lozza362 (1 review written)

My issue was with an online order. Never again. I have never shopped with House of Fraser and constantly order from ASOS, Debenhams etc to Australia with no issues. I ordered this parcel and it never arrived. But that is not the issue, I have copied the email below that was sent back to me after I queried the order and I quote. “I'm afraid due to the amount of time that has passed, we are unable to track your parcel as our tracking systems and the couriers tracking will only go back 99 days… Read Full Review

“the worst service”

Written on: 30/11/2016 by Fletcherwx284 (1 review written)

I requested to bring my size of shoes but the clerk brought the one side is different. I requested to bring proper size, but she left without accepting her mistake and finally left me alone. I claimed customer center but it is ignored… Read Full Review

“House of Fraser sofas”

Written on: 30/11/2016 by Lewisr (1 review written)

I am currently in contact with House of Fraser complaints department regarding 2 sofas I bought from their Oxford Street store. The sofas are of inferior quality and it now appears that these sofas are actually from SCS. If you would like to contact me regarding your experiences of purchasing sofas from HOF please post a comment… Read Full Review

Dutchess52's Response to Lewisr's Review

Written on: 09/05/2017

Hi there, I bought 2 sofas from the Biba Clara range via Norwich store. Both had to be replaced, frame was creaking and cratering in seating first day of delivery. After escalating to Sales Directors office/SCS (contact given by Furniture Sales Manager at store). Replacements received and the same issues. Refused to replace replacements accusing customer of not applying maintenance of regular plumping required, regular means "daily" due to such poor quality in the sofa filling. The Sales Advisor at time of purchase had only been in the store a week and had moved from DFS. She said our order was her first and kept making mistakes and had to get advice from her colleague, the Sales Manager. His only input was to try and sell us Fabric Care Cover for the upholstery which we declined. At no point were we informed that the sofa seating had filling that required plumping and rotating the seating. After a few weeks the sofas looked liked we'd had them years. I had to escalate to Furniture Ombudsman who were useless and stated it was usual to get a "favourite seat" sinkage in a sofa and that sofas show signs of wear after a couple of months. We are currently looking to pay an independent family furniture store to refill all the seating. So you aware, the Biba Clara range I purchased is now the Linea Clara, purely change in fabric not design. The current Sales Manager told me my sofa could do with a foam upgrade and that previously that design did have foam but because it affected the look of the design they started to use Dacron Hollofill. Looking at the range you have purchased the design of seating looks the same. Also, they are made by SCS.

“BEWARE FURNITURE DEPARTMENT IS SCS”

Written on: 14/10/2016

Although very helpful when selling not so helpful if you have a problem, we were also unaware we were actually buying from SCS We bought G PLAN furniture and have been very disappointed with both House of Fraser and G Plan… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/12/2016

I am currently in contact with House Of Fraser regarding 2 sofas I bought from them, which are of inferior quality. I was not aware that their sofas are SCS. Had I have known I would not have bought them.

Written on: 21/12/2016

Just to update regarding my complaint, 3 weeks on and I am no further forward. In the meantime the sofas are falling apart and not fit for purpose. The seats are sagging, the material underneath the sofas is sagging, there is no padding on the edge of one of the arms, the fabric is rough itchy sackcloth. Best of all has to be that I've just noticed that one of the back legs on one sofa does not match all the rest! It is a round black plastic post whereas all the others are square light wood legs. Clearly the delivery men thought that was acceptable. HOF should be ashamed of themselves selling such rubbish.

Written on: 05/01/2017

A further update on my complaint. I have now twice been wrongly accused by HOF and HOF Made to Order of nor allowing the technician to inspect the sofas for faults. HOF are not dealing with complaint in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act. Frankly they are a disgrace. They have completely disregarded the faults whichbthey do not want to deal with and have not carried out any inspection of the faults reported. The latest person i have dealt with has even admitted that he has not read the details of my complaint! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY IF YOU PUT ANY VALUE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. My complaint continues. Thank you to the people who have sent me details of their similar experiences with sofas purchased from HOF.

Written on: 28/01/2017

I would just like to update you on my complaint. After many weeks of emails and phone calls I have now received a refund from HOF and the sofas have been collected. I have been advised that this was a 'gesture of goodwill'. It was nothing of the sort. The sofas were faulty and I was entitled to a refund. HOF were given ample opportunity to inspect the sofas and did not do so. I will.never deal with HOF again. If you are going through a similar problem with HOF I shall be happy to give you a full account of my dealings. If you are considering buying a sofa from them be warned - you are dealing with a concession and some of their sofas are in fact SCS. Their customer service is appalling. You will be passed around several different people and departments.

Written on: 28/01/2017

Trudie10's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2017

I am going through the same with 2 sofas from house of Fraser despite sending them recorded delivery letters with photographs they are playing the card that the sofas have to be dressed daily, just an excuse for an inferior product. I am think ing of sue ing them through the small claims court. Would like your opinion.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 27/09/2016 by olgit (7 reviews written)

I am very impressed with the service from House of Fraser. After ordering a garment online on a Friday afternoon I received emails informing me of the progress of my order, I was supplied with a tracking number, and the item was delivered on Tuesday morning. It is the first time have have bought online from HOF, but I would happily do so again… Read Full Review

“linea sofa”

Written on: 25/08/2016 by JuliusLawson (1 review written)

Very pleased with House of Fraser. delivery let me know 1 hour before sofa was delivered very efficient cleaned all packaging … Read Full Review

“DON'T EXPECT A REFUND ANYTIME SOON!!!!”

Written on: 28/07/2016 by JOLDROYD (1 review written)

I purchased a suitcase online from House of Fraser and delivery and packaging faultless and quick - However - That is where the praise stops..... The Suitcase has a faulty Zip and did not zip up properly (fundamental flaw if the zip comes un-done on a suitcase!! So called customer services, who said that they would arrange for a collection, but in order to have a replacement, I had to purchase another case. So I duly did this and received the new case the next day. The faulty case was collected… Read Full Review

Lewisr's Response to JOLDROYD's Review

Written on: 07/12/2016

Contact the CEO. His email is on the website.

“trrrible service”

Written on: 21/07/2016 by jacquie68 (1 review written)

have ordered twice from house of fraser online first time item delivered to house it was a top upon opening found deodorant marks around armpits this top had been used and then sent to me as new the next time I ordered and was sent two emails telling me my item was in store ready for collection my husband when through to the darligton store [binns] a round trip of 16 miles only to be told the item was not there this is really poor service you would have though with BHS closing they would… Read Full Review

“Over priced, poor service!”

Written on: 28/05/2016 by Aliyan4 (1 review written)

Very disappointed. Placed a furniture order, 12 -14 week lead time for delivery which kept slipping, not kept up to date. Furniture prices dropped repeatedly during this period, despite me ordering in the sale, which seemed to have no end date. Finally took part delivery despite saying at the point of ordering I wanted everything delivered together. The design is good but the quality poor, and very expensive! Cushions don't meet or line up properly. So providing no-one sits on the sofa it looks… Read Full Review

Dutchess52's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2016

Hi there, was this in the range that requires daily plumping, i.e. removing all seating, rotating until it eventually permanently sags. I have been referred to the Furniture Ombudsman as a technician stated that although it sags, it revives well. It shouldn't sag in the first place. I ordered the Biba Clara.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 22/04/2016 by Shona3456 (1 review written)

Bought a soft from here thinking it would be of better quality that going to one of the well known sofa companies. How wrong could I be, after 3 weeks the sofa could easily be mistaken for being 3 years old. Fabric has gone all patchy. Called them out to it and supposedly that is the nature of the fabric. Will never ever buy from here again!… Read Full Review

Dutchess52's Response to Shona3456's Review

Written on: 13/05/2016

Hi there, I bought an Ashley Manor suite, thought to be Biba as called "Biba Clara" from the Norwich store. I had issues with the frame on delivery and had to wait 3 weeks as the After Care team stated no technicians were in my area for 3 weeks!! When the technician arrived I addressed other issues regarding the seating that had sagged that required re-shaping and plumping that over 3 weeks awaiting the technicians visit, did not recover to it's original fullness. The technician was dismissive of both my concerns stating that it is normal for a sofa to creak and crack as needs to settle down of which I challenged him as I have had sofas made by reputable family upholsters and have never experienced creaking framework. He took part of the cover from underneath the sofa, and using a torch stated he couldn't see much other than a small gap in the join and applied wood glue. He was extremely patronising and complained about his employers, SCS who are brand partners with House of Fraser, who provide furniture brands to House of Fraser since they went into partnership in 2014. Information provided by the technician. He told me I needed to wait a few hours to allow the glue to dry and not to sit on the sofa. He said if it didn't work, that at least I had a 10 year guarantee to return it. He was extremely dismissive and told me the sinking seating was normal and they should have told me in the store that it needs plumping, which is fine providing the plumping restores the original fullness of the seating, which it did not. He told me not to expect my sofa to be in the condition it should be after leaving the depot, due to the stacking in transit, removing furniture and re-stacking when customers are not in to receive their deliveries. I returned to work and on returning home tried the sofa after 6 hours and there was no change to the framework cracking. When speaking to HOF After Care, they advised I had signed the report confirming the technicians visit resolved the problem, which I stated could not be the case if he was unsure himself whether the repair was successful due to the drying time and him leaving with the instruction not to use the sofa. After Care repeatedly dismissed my concerns and also refused to allow me to speak to a Manager stating that the Manager would say the same. I addressed the fact that their responses are scripted and cannot respond to a customer outside of script they are trained to follow. I escalated the complaint to the Sales Directors Office in Sunderland, supported by a number of internal departmental examples of conduct, in addition to the technicians conduct and also the delivery driver who was intimidating. Eventually, a replacement was ordered and unfortunately the same issues have arisen in relation to the seating but Head Office have refused my request to return and be refunded as the technicians visit identifies that although the sofa sags, it revives well. I have now escalated to the Furniture Ombudsman as they are refusing to take any action. My two sofas are worth nearly £3,000 and although one smaller identical of the two is not in use and is as new, the larger identical sofa is dreadfully sagging and despite providing photographs showing the comparison, Head Office and dismissed my concerns. They have only been providing sofa furniture since they went into partnership with SCS since 2014 and should value customer feedback when receipt of furniture direct from their manufacturers. I will never use them again.

“Awful customer service”

Written on: 17/04/2016 by Princeh13 (1 review written)

Thanks House of Fraser for looking after your customers so well! I could have use the weekend to buy a new dress when my husband could have looked after our daughter, but no instead I was waiting for a delivery that you knew will never arrive! And you apologise offering a 10 pound voucher! What makes you think I want to shop with you again! I ordered a couple of dresses on-line. The delivery company HERMES attempt to deliver on a Wednesday and Thursday, leaving a blank delivery slip on both… Read Full Review

Hlockren's Comment

Written on: 28/04/2016

House of Fraser use the cheapest delivery service possible which appears to be self employed couriers. They also use very cheap cardboard boxes that disintegrate in the rain. After chasing one of my parcels I had a woman in filthy car wearing pyjamas turn up and throw my parcel at me. Not good when a lot of the items they sell are high value.