DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk

Media Gallery for DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

“ON THE 3RD REPLACEMENT”

Written on: 25/07/2014

Just received 3rd replacement suite last 2 appalling. If your not happy persist until they meet your requirements they will not refund your money but will replace the item if your truly not happy. The quality is really shabby for such a large well known company I would not recommend DFS pay the extra and get the quality you deserve somewhere else!! this as gone on for 4 years very stressful and unacceptable. Customer Service Very Good… Read Full Review

“lovely products.helpful staff member.very nice clean...”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by DanaO'Hara (1 review written)

Got sofa on 4years intrest today..we were asked for a deposit..when got home.checked article said no deposit required… Read Full Review

“Lovely sofa - but the dye comes off!”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by Owen133 (1 review written)

After weeks of looking I finally decided on the Colby, in red. I was very impressed with the service, and the sofa turned up in 3 weeks as promised. It looks great and is very comfortable however I noticed my white top had turned pink after sitting on it! I emailed DFS and got a standard reply advising me to call my local store which I did. It was over 2 weeks before they could send somebody out to look at it! He came yesterday, wet a white cloth, rubbed it over the sofa and it duly turned pink… Read Full Review

“bad customer service ”

Written on: 18/07/2014 by kymsmedley (1 review written)

We saved up to purchase a new suite ,end of feb 2014, after looking around finally decided on a sofa from kings lynn in norfolk at a cost of over 20000 ,half price ,when it was delivered in march, looked beautiful ,had it made in red to match my lounge ,very quickly things started to go down hil ,where it had been cream and red it fast started to turn brown ,dirty brown and red in the evening or when it was over cast weather ,we rang and complainly to the then at that time who actually came… Read Full Review

Lisamr1212's Response to kymsmedley's Review

Written on: 19/07/2014

Hi there I had the same problem for 4 months but I fought it until the death now have my replacement suites if it wasn't for tweeting all the pictures of my new faulty sofas on twitter I don't think I would have got my replacement power of social media don't give up also trading standards can help and check your newspapers I wrote to the judge in a national newspaper he was also willing to help consumer lawyer you have rights good luck

“DANGER!!!”

Written on: 17/07/2014

Some dfs upholstered furniture, especially imports from China, have been shown to CAUSE SKIN RASHES, WORSEN ASTHMA, CAUSE HEADACHES and OTHER medical problems in sensitive individuals. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT LEGAL ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN AGAINST THEM. BUY AT YOUR PERIL!! Analysis shows the presence of skin irritants, neurotoxins and carcinogenic materials in this furniture. Check with environmental health to confirm this. Dfs are one of a number of companies still selling this stuff -… Read Full Review

“Never again will I shop with DFS”

Written on: 14/07/2014 by dennisoneheart (1 review written)

I purchased two Toro sofas in January of this year from the DFS Exeter branch. I had seen them in their TV adverts and I thought they looked good and they represented good value. So after an hour in their store having a good look at them I decided to purchase two. The salesman was helpful and I agreed the £1200 price and placed an order. If I had only know what was soon to happen I would not have gone anywhere near the store. They arrived in March and initially I was happy with them. However… Read Full Review

“customer service and delivery (not to be trust)”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by CadeBoyle (1 review written)

Very friendly when we made the purchase, after signed the contract, all wrong. False information about delivery day (customers can't choose days to acomodate customers, even if we were told they work arround customers. A joke!!) Wrong delivery, waiting far too long for replacement. After contact the company, customer service very poor, demanding more money that we agreed. They told us to go to Glasgow to sign new agreement (110 miles away from home for just a signature, another joke… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for your review I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue regards delivery if you would like any assistance with this please give us a call at Head office. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

If in the meantime you could contact your local store and ask for Head Office Customer Services telephone number and give us a call we will be more than happy to help.

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by AzulMcCulloch173 (1 review written)

I recently bought a corner sofa and footstool from DFS. I am very happy with the sofa, albeit a member of the service team had to come out and adjust it as on delivery the three pieces were not put together properly. However, the footstool arrived with dents and stains on one side. I therefore refused delivery. I was told that someone from DFS would call me to discuss next steps. This did not happen. At this point I had already paid for a footstool which I wasn't able to use. A few days later… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I am sorry to hear that you have had problems with the footstool you have purchased off us I hope your local store have managed to resolve this for you. Should you require any further assistance please call our Head office. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

“Customer service disaster”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by 124Gorman (1 review written)

What an error it was to use DFS. I have never experienced such a poorly run company in all my life. We organised to have one of the survey team from DFS to come out and measure our property to ensure the sofa would fit. On booking number 1 no body showed up. On booking number 2 no body showed up again and we only found out they weren't coming by calling and chasing it up ourselves. I took a day off work for both of these failed occasions. Delivery for the sofa was finally orgainsed, at… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue arranging delivery with your local store, if there is anything we can do to help please give us a call at Head Office. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

“oh dear”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by yhCullen151 (1 review written)

we went to the store and ordered a chair and were told it would be hand made and delivered in six weeks. We got a text saying it was being made. Then nothing. eight weeks later we rang them to be told there'd been a mix up as the chair was being delivered from another store. So 12 weeks later the chair is delivered. It's not the right chair! Right fabric wrong style. My partner had wanted to go to John Lewis in the first place and says that's where we'll go next time… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the chair you have ordered, I hope your local store have been able to resolve this for you. Should you require any further assistance please give us a call at Head Office, Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

Head Office Customer Service Team

“Furniture stuck on ship.......for a month!!!!!”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by Alplate (1 review written)

Ordered some garden furniture from dfs in APril as it is advertised as fast delivery......it is now July and still no furniture! Numerous calls to dfs where they have blamed the supplier yet won't provide the suppliers name or number for us to ring ourselves. For the last month we have been told that the ship our furniture on couldn't dock.....hmmmmm. Finally got given the date of the 30th of June that dfs would be recieving the furniture.....shock horror only to be told after phoning that its… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Alplate's Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry there has been a delay in you receiving your garden furniture. I do hope your local store has been able to deliver this for you now, should you require any further assistance in this matter please give us a call at head office. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

“Bad service”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by FreddyNicholson (1 review written)

To get to the point,I ordered a corner sofa over the phone with dfs took all details and was told paper work was in post. After numerous phone calls and lies from very unhelpful staff and 3 weeks Later i decide to go else which I should of done to start with as it has only taken a week to receive from one of there competitors. Would never or recommend dfs to anyone!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for your review I am sorry to hear that you had to go else where to purchase your furniture due to you not receiving the paperwork from us.

“Miss sold a sofa”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by AmirNewman (1 review written)

I wanted a lounger sofa where the arms could come off so it would not be an issues getting it into the house, on delivery. I explained this to a sales rep in the Reading store, and knew they did have sofas with this option as I had, had one before. When the sofa finally arrived which was not the advised time I had been lead to believe, it was not possible for the arms to be detached !!! The sofa was 25om to big as a result of the mistake by the sales rep and they had to take it back. I then… Read Full Review

“Customer service sucks!!!”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Majiji (1 review written)

Its sad that even after the million bad reviews, this company refuses to change. Its beyond embarassing… Read Full Review

“delaying bulling tatics”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Max160 (1 review written)

I bought two leather settees from dfs arrived the 4th april from day one found numerous faults cuts scuffs marks loose fitting leather splits the leather flaking stitching undone.Dfs repaired 9 of them refused to let them repaire a further 3 faults I have just had enough.The manager at the Wetherby store spoke to me I asked for a full refund and for them to be removed they are not the quality I had expected or paid for.He gave me 3 options let them repair the settees and he would pay me 139… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear that your local store haven't been able to resolve the issues you are having with your sofa, if you would like to contact us at Head Office we would be more than happy to look into this for you Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

Harrysam's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2014

We are having the same problem with dfs, this is the second sofa we have had from them, after replacing the first , we are still having problems, the quality of there furniture is rubbish. We purchased a leather suite thinking it would last for years but had it for less than a year. This is going to be a long fight but I won't give in as we payed over two thousand pounds for this suite. Dfs should be banned from selling furniture of poor quality. We are pensioners and don't need this hassle. Hope you get your money back and so do we, but unfortunately I doubt it.

“13 WEEKS LATER !!!”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by Jadeireland87 (1 review written)

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE ! Don't really know how else to put it really.. Promised 1 thing in store by the sales team and gave another by the suppliers. We were told we would receive our media unit within 6 weeks, 13 weeks later we still do not have it. Delivery men failed to show TWICE on 2 different occasions & customer service line doesn't exist, taking you straight through to the sales department whom are ridiculously rude over the phone. ALSO take the first payment before you even… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Jadeireland87's Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for writing us a review I am sorry there has been a delay in getting your Media unit to you I do hope your local store has been able to sort this out for you. Should you require any further assistance please give us a call. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

“DO NOT USE DFS”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by BMD92 (1 review written)

This was the first time using DFS and I will NEVER use them again. False Advertising: Made to Order (They tried twice and still could not get it right). Delivery within 28 days (First order 5 weeks, they tried to re-deliver the Sofa's that I had already rejected, over a week of me chasing them, second attempt 7 weeks, overall 13 weeks - they offered to order again but would be 4-6 weeks delivery!) Payment on Delivery: Do not pay until you have checked as much as you can while still on the… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to BMD92's Review

Hi

Thank you for writing us a review I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with us getting the sofa delivered to you and that your local store haven't been able to resolve this for you. If you would like to get in touch with us hear at Head Office and we will look into this for you, Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

Bmd92's reply to Dfscustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

Hi,
I called the Head Office Customer Service Team before putting this Post online and I can only say that they were just as helpful as the Store. I even asked to speak to a Supervisor / Manager and was told that you don't have one!!! Customer Service reports into the Company CEO and the only way of contacting him is by Letter.

“Great service and excellent sofa”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by wdRoach106 (1 review written)

I feel we have to write this review after review the many bad reviews. DFS was the only place we could find the sofa we wanted, Siena sofa, and it is AMAZING. We bought it from the Enfield store, and although the staff just want to get sales, it was as swift as you can get to buy it and had an estimate of 7 weeks to arrive. Now our only downfall is it took 9 weeks to arrive and my pregnant wife was a bit annoyed by this but it arrived yesterday, the delivery men were lovely and prompt at… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am pleased to hear that over all the experience of purchasing your new furniture was a good one and I do hope that you are enjoying your purchase. Should you require any further assistance please give us a call

“Great service”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by Bond149 (1 review written)

I ordered a sofa 12.6.14 and I took delivery today 28.6.14 this is great service we were told it could be upto 4 weeks. The sales staff were all helpful. They rang when my sofa arrived in store to arrange delivery and the delivery men rang me to tell me they were on the way. They arrived within 20 minutes and were very polite and helpful. Overall a very good experience. … Read Full Review

Written on: 29/06/2014

Hi

Thank you for writing us a great review I am pleased to hear that you are happy with your new furniture and that you found our staff in your local store very helpful.
The you for your purchase and I hope you get plenty of enjoyment out of your new sofa

DFS Head Office Customer Service Team

“CREDIT WHERE CREDIT'S DUE”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by Bramshill (2 reviews written)

From the outset, the helpfulness of the salesperson, his knowledge and the advice he gave proved to be exceptional. We had to wait 14 weeks for delivery but we were not disappointed when our new leather 3 piece suite arrived. The delivery personnel were courteous and extremely efficient. We were impressed at the way the furniture was quickly installed. We found two minor blemishes in the leather and the DFS Customer Care manager attended within 3 days (he could have come sooner, but we… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Bramshill's Review

Written on: 29/06/2014

Hi

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new sofa and that we were quick to solve the issue you had after delivery. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your review and for taking the time to write us a review, should you require any further assistance please give us a call where we will be more than happy to help