DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk

DFS - www.dfs.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

“Customer service disaster”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by 124Gorman (1 review written)

What an error it was to use DFS. I have never experienced such a poorly run company in all my life. We organised to have one of the survey team from DFS to come out and measure our property to ensure the sofa would fit. On booking number 1 no body showed up. On booking number 2 no body showed up again and we only found out they weren't coming by calling and chasing it up ourselves. I took a day off work for both of these failed occasions. Delivery for the sofa was finally orgainsed, at… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear that you have had an issue arranging delivery with your local store, if there is anything we can do to help please give us a call at Head Office. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

If in the meantime you could contact your local store and ask for Head Office Customer Services telephone number and give us a call we will be more than happy to help.

“oh dear”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by yhCullen151 (1 review written)

we went to the store and ordered a chair and were told it would be hand made and delivered in six weeks. We got a text saying it was being made. Then nothing. eight weeks later we rang them to be told there'd been a mix up as the chair was being delivered from another store. So 12 weeks later the chair is delivered. It's not the right chair! Right fabric wrong style. My partner had wanted to go to John Lewis in the first place and says that's where we'll go next time… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the chair you have ordered, I hope your local store have been able to resolve this for you. Should you require any further assistance please give us a call at Head Office, Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

Head Office Customer Service Team

“Furniture stuck on ship.......for a month!!!!!”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by Alplate (1 review written)

Ordered some garden furniture from dfs in APril as it is advertised as fast delivery......it is now July and still no furniture! Numerous calls to dfs where they have blamed the supplier yet won't provide the suppliers name or number for us to ring ourselves. For the last month we have been told that the ship our furniture on couldn't dock.....hmmmmm. Finally got given the date of the 30th of June that dfs would be recieving the furniture.....shock horror only to be told after phoning that its… Read Full Review

“Bad service”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by FreddyNicholson (1 review written)

To get to the point,I ordered a corner sofa over the phone with dfs took all details and was told paper work was in post. After numerous phone calls and lies from very unhelpful staff and 3 weeks Later i decide to go else which I should of done to start with as it has only taken a week to receive from one of there competitors. Would never or recommend dfs to anyone!!!… Read Full Review

“Miss sold a sofa”

Written on: 02/07/2014 by AmirNewman (1 review written)

I wanted a lounger sofa where the arms could come off so it would not be an issues getting it into the house, on delivery. I explained this to a sales rep in the Reading store, and knew they did have sofas with this option as I had, had one before. When the sofa finally arrived which was not the advised time I had been lead to believe, it was not possible for the arms to be detached !!! The sofa was 25om to big as a result of the mistake by the sales rep and they had to take it back. I then… Read Full Review

“Customer service sucks!!!”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Majiji (1 review written)

Its sad that even after the million bad reviews, this company refuses to change. Its beyond embarassing… Read Full Review

“delaying bulling tatics”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Max160 (1 review written)

I bought two leather settees from dfs arrived the 4th april from day one found numerous faults cuts scuffs marks loose fitting leather splits the leather flaking stitching undone.Dfs repaired 9 of them refused to let them repaire a further 3 faults I have just had enough.The manager at the Wetherby store spoke to me I asked for a full refund and for them to be removed they are not the quality I had expected or paid for.He gave me 3 options let them repair the settees and he would pay me 139… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am sorry to hear that your local store haven't been able to resolve the issues you are having with your sofa, if you would like to contact us at Head Office we would be more than happy to look into this for you Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

Harrysam's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2014

We are having the same problem with dfs, this is the second sofa we have had from them, after replacing the first , we are still having problems, the quality of there furniture is rubbish. We purchased a leather suite thinking it would last for years but had it for less than a year. This is going to be a long fight but I won't give in as we payed over two thousand pounds for this suite. Dfs should be banned from selling furniture of poor quality. We are pensioners and don't need this hassle. Hope you get your money back and so do we, but unfortunately I doubt it.

“13 WEEKS LATER !!!”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by Jadeireland87 (1 review written)

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE ! Don't really know how else to put it really.. Promised 1 thing in store by the sales team and gave another by the suppliers. We were told we would receive our media unit within 6 weeks, 13 weeks later we still do not have it. Delivery men failed to show TWICE on 2 different occasions & customer service line doesn't exist, taking you straight through to the sales department whom are ridiculously rude over the phone. ALSO take the first payment before you even… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Jadeireland87's Review

Written on: 02/07/2014

Hi

Thank you for writing us a review I am sorry there has been a delay in getting your Media unit to you I do hope your local store has been able to sort this out for you. Should you require any further assistance please give us a call. Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

“DO NOT USE DFS”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by BMD92 (1 review written)

This was the first time using DFS and I will NEVER use them again. False Advertising: Made to Order (They tried twice and still could not get it right). Delivery within 28 days (First order 5 weeks, they tried to re-deliver the Sofa's that I had already rejected, over a week of me chasing them, second attempt 7 weeks, overall 13 weeks - they offered to order again but would be 4-6 weeks delivery!) Payment on Delivery: Do not pay until you have checked as much as you can while still on the… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to BMD92's Review

Hi

Thank you for writing us a review I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with us getting the sofa delivered to you and that your local store haven't been able to resolve this for you. If you would like to get in touch with us hear at Head Office and we will look into this for you, Unfortunately review centre are not allowing us to post our telephone number for you to contact us. (We are at present looking into this matter with Review centre to get it resolved.)

Bmd92's reply to Dfscustomerservices's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

Hi,
I called the Head Office Customer Service Team before putting this Post online and I can only say that they were just as helpful as the Store. I even asked to speak to a Supervisor / Manager and was told that you don't have one!!! Customer Service reports into the Company CEO and the only way of contacting him is by Letter.

“Great service and excellent sofa”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by wdRoach106 (1 review written)

I feel we have to write this review after review the many bad reviews. DFS was the only place we could find the sofa we wanted, Siena sofa, and it is AMAZING. We bought it from the Enfield store, and although the staff just want to get sales, it was as swift as you can get to buy it and had an estimate of 7 weeks to arrive. Now our only downfall is it took 9 weeks to arrive and my pregnant wife was a bit annoyed by this but it arrived yesterday, the delivery men were lovely and prompt at… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am pleased to hear that over all the experience of purchasing your new furniture was a good one and I do hope that you are enjoying your purchase. Should you require any further assistance please give us a call

“Great service”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by Bond149 (1 review written)

I ordered a sofa 12.6.14 and I took delivery today 28.6.14 this is great service we were told it could be upto 4 weeks. The sales staff were all helpful. They rang when my sofa arrived in store to arrange delivery and the delivery men rang me to tell me they were on the way. They arrived within 20 minutes and were very polite and helpful. Overall a very good experience. … Read Full Review

Written on: 29/06/2014

Hi

Thank you for writing us a great review I am pleased to hear that you are happy with your new furniture and that you found our staff in your local store very helpful.
The you for your purchase and I hope you get plenty of enjoyment out of your new sofa

DFS Head Office Customer Service Team

“CREDIT WHERE CREDIT'S DUE”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by Bramshill (2 reviews written)

From the outset, the helpfulness of the salesperson, his knowledge and the advice he gave proved to be exceptional. We had to wait 14 weeks for delivery but we were not disappointed when our new leather 3 piece suite arrived. The delivery personnel were courteous and extremely efficient. We were impressed at the way the furniture was quickly installed. We found two minor blemishes in the leather and the DFS Customer Care manager attended within 3 days (he could have come sooner, but we… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Bramshill's Review

Written on: 29/06/2014

Hi

I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new sofa and that we were quick to solve the issue you had after delivery. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your review and for taking the time to write us a review, should you require any further assistance please give us a call where we will be more than happy to help

DFS Head Office Customer Service Team

“Dfs poor customer service”

Written on: 22/06/2014 by Vanee (1 review written)

Dfs were very good when we ordered our furniture with then but it was turned out very bad customer service when I have phone to the branch and ask for the delivery date of our sofa,as we have said not to deliver till 20/6/14 and the invoice said after the estimated date give us a call we ll deliver in 2 days but when I call them the lady was very rude as we ordered in April they could deliver on July only ?? Even they charge £50 for delivery is there any early delivery option no you gave to… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Vanee's Review

Written on: 23/06/2014

Hi

Thank you for your review I am sorry to hear about the service you have received from the lady in the Croydon store, I do hope that in the end we have managed to get to the bottom of your issue regarding delivery. If you should require any further assistance please contact us a Head Office Customer Service.

“Disgraceful behaviour”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by Notrecommending (1 review written)

The first time I had my sofa delivered the delivery men were rude and unhelpful. The sofa was supposed to come apart to get it to go up the stairs he told me it wouldn't and after they tried to take it up damaging my wall in the process told me that it was damaged what a surprise! The sales team were supposed to call me to arrange delivery of another they didn't. By the way be warned they will not bring in your furniture until you have paid. Another thing I didn't know about. After discussing a… Read Full Review

Dfscustomerservices's Response to Notrecommending's Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. At dfs we pride ourselves in having outstanding customer service in all areas of our business. I apologise for the service you received but please be assured I will follow up your issues with the Store you purchased your furniture from. If you do require any further assistance with this matter please feel free to give us a call

If in the meantime you could contact your local store and ask for Head Office Customer Services telephone number and then give us a call we will be more than happy to look into your issue.

Many thanks

Claire
DFS Head Office, Customer Service Team.

“better than ever”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by Rose223 (1 review written)

I visited dfs plymouth and bought a leather corner suite. It arrived earlier than expected and I was regularly informed of its due date. The sales man was patient and polite. I have now had the sofa for 3 months and it looks as good as new. I was nervous to buy from dfs because I heard mixed stories about them but if you want my opinion dfs well at least plymouth dfs is a shop that delivers great sofas at great prices… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review I am pleased to hear that you have had great experience while purchasing your furniture from us. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your purchase and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to give us a call.

DFS Head Office Customer Service Team

“leather peeled after 3 months.DFS said they are not at...”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by Newton422 (1 review written)

paid £3000 for a three piece suite. after 3 months the leather has peeled away on one chair and started to go on another. DFS have said its not their fault. the leather can not be repaired but they said they will replace the leather on affected areas. sorry bit after three months its plain that the suite is not made properly and wont be long before other areas will peel. told them i will not accept a repair and want a refund or it replaced. DFS said no and we could do what we want because… Read Full Review

Hi

I am sorry to hear that the leather is peeling on your sofa and your local store haven't been able to resolve this for you. If you would like further assistance in this matter please contact head office customer service team.

Many thanks

Claire
DFS Head Office, Customer Service Team.

Queensclose's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2014

Someone from head office have already tried to talk to the store manager. but it appears that the store manager is saying that he is not prepared to do anything else and head office cannot override him.
so we are contacting the furniture ombudsman.

Gladeice's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2014

Any. News cos I've had mine only 4 months and it started peeling after 3 , they came and re sprayed but it's happening so many other places now. Please let me know. I am not happy and want my money back it's first time buying from dfs and sofa costs £2400 for a 3 seater and a chair . It's disgusting sofas used to last years and not peel. Someone is blatantly cutting corners and cheating us our money

Queensclose's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2014

its with the furniture ombudsman at the moment. DFS left a message saying saying that if we go to the ombudsman. they will withdraw the offer of a free repair. because they feel the ombudsman will find this a fair offer. which contradicts itself. if we have gone to the ombudsman they are in effect offering nothing.
Watchdog also now have it on file but because this season has just finished. it may be some time before they will contact us. its a cause of action you may want to consider

“Poor service with 'Faulty Fabric'”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by HADENOUGH2014 (1 review written)

Having purchased 2 two seater reclining settees 18 months ago! We started to notice the material was not only wearing quickly but turning an orange colour. Having paid a fortune and extra on insurances for stain resistant, we decided to contact 'DFS' in March of this year. To our surprise they did send a gentleman to have a look at our settees, he agreed there was a problem with the material and remarked how well we had looked after them! We would hear within a week? We even said we would be… Read Full Review

Queensclose's Response to HADENOUGH2014's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

hope it dont go like ours after 3 months and DFS said its not their problem

“Dfs are a total disgrace ”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by KaliO'Sullivan1955 (1 review written)

Had my sofa delivered this morning an I'm disgusted by the state of it.. Delivery men dumped it in my living room and wanted to go.. When I explained I was told they would unwrap it an put it together as it was a corner sofa they informed me it wasn't their job as they where just a delivery company!!! I then went to put the feet on an realised 1 corner didn't even have a plastic transport foot on it an had been ripped off an there was nothing to screw the wooden foot onto.. Also all the… Read Full Review

Moir56's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2014

We are cancelling ourcredit card payment tomorrow nd they can come and pick the bloody corner unit up!!!

“AVOID....!!! SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE ”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by KevinRogers169 (1 review written)

Where do i start..!! Well our fabric £1700 sofa is just 7 months old ( bare that in mind as you read on ) Yes thats right just 7 months old..!!! Firstly any slight drop of water even after following the instructions provided, thats meant to prevent any stain EVEN RED WINE dose nothing it won't even protect agains tap water..!! Even though we paid the extra for the guardsman protection that DFS cannot even prove has been applied...!! The sofa looks a state from water marks before i even get… Read Full Review

Gracech1's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2014

Same here. Our sofas were purchased about 4 months ago. Cushions are stained with water marks. No joy from this crud business so I have now contacted Watchdog, CAB. Sale of goods act and anyone else who wants to listen

Lkitche's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2014

Our sofa drew blood from staples that had come through the fabric. We also have the guardsman protect that has done nothing to protect the sofa. The sofa sags in the middle and it has no clip to keep the lounger in place, this means all the cushions are dragged out of shape. They made a repair that has now damaged my oak flooring. I really can't begin to tell you upset I am with the poor quality of the furniture. Especially now the repairs have damaged other items in my home. Totally lost faith in the company. All they want to do to resolve the problem is send someone out. Hardly want I want given the damage the last service man has caused!

“VERY POOR !!”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by rainebow (1 review written)

I purchased my sofa bed two chairs and a footstool three and a half years ago. LOOKED VERY NICE IN SHOWROOM. In that time I have made several complaints about the quality of my furniture which I CAN SAY ONLY RESEMBLES LUMPY SACK!. Firstly the fabric was loose and puckered on the sofa and a chair,(they fixed it)I rang again after 6 weeks to mention the quality of the fabric as it was bitty and bobbly, they came to look at it again and said "it's just that type of fabric, " and was advised to… Read Full Review