DFS Reviews - www.dfs.co.uk

• Layout of shop

DFS - www.dfs.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

DFS - www.dfs.co.uk

“Shame Theres a "no Star" option”

Written on: 03/03/2015 by 141Crawford (1 review written)

This company is by far the worse I have ever come across...You only need to read reviews on here to realise that, I had a lengthy one year battle with them to get a full refund which in the end I got thankfully altho I am barred from entering a DFS store for life not that I would want to get in there anyway! They sell you furniture that has been thrown together by inexperienced people in warehouses, some abroad and hence why they look bad after one month and fall apart. This information is… Read Full Review

“Poor after sales/ poor product quality.”

Written on: 26/02/2015 by Lee59 (1 review written)

We were wrongly advised on the day of sale. Informing us of the quality and the non fuss additional 5 year cover. Within a few weeks our leather started colour transfer from our clothes. So bad infact we have blankets over it. The process to rectify this is beyond belief. We were told during the sale. Just call and we will be out right away. Not at all. Some two months later and the insurance company whipping their hands clear of it,we now have the manager of DFS Poole Dorset coming out… Read Full Review

“new chair deliverd faulty ,dfs admitted manufacturing...”

Written on: 24/02/2015 by jesswestie (1 review written)

couldn't believe they wouldn't replace only repair £1000 chair don't find this exceptible ,a new chair just deliverd… Read Full Review

“Absolutely shambles! ”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by ymHoffman144 (1 review written)

Our sofa got delivered today....weeks late after they messed up previously arranged delivery day and times. The driver was hours late, so make sure you take a whole day off work to get your sofa as it won’t be delivered in the 4 hour time slot they give you. The sofa was damaged!!!! It has a rip in the fabric, grrr! So now I have to arrange for these fools to come back and repair it, god knows how long that will take. No courtesy call to say they were running late with the delivery this… Read Full Review

“Mis-sold & Ripped off”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by Jessicalocke (1 review written)

I purchased a sofa in 2010 'Houston 3 seater sofa' and recently we decided to purchase another one. As we wanted a near match to the sofa we have we went back to DFS and asked which one was similiar to our current one. The sales representative advised the Langley range was very similiar in style and they did the same colour and same feet colour etc. So we purchased the item in November and for the item to be delivered before christmas. The sofa arrived in December (cant remember exact date but… Read Full Review

Davidlee42's Response to Jessicalocke's Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

Do not take any word of dfs get in touch with reslover they do all the letters for you on the internet emailit all free tell dfs you are taking them to court by law they have to give you your money back all so get in touch with trading standards they not got a leg to stand on and send a letter to dfs head office get a copy of your letter and keep that on file in fact set your self a file on all the letters you send them all ways send letters record dlevery hope this help dont stand down to them it will cost you 88 pound to put them in the hands of the county courts and the courts will be on your side

“Disappointed ”

Written on: 14/02/2015 by Bailey1960. (1 review written)

Took out the accidental cover, had to make a claim due to a accident and was told due to my body oils I can't claim !! I put a throw on sofa then put tv on sofa, and the brackets on the tv scrapped, I guess you need to be dirty to make a claim… Read Full Review

Queensclose's Response to Bailey1960.'s Review

Written on: 19/02/2015

hi was this by any chance a leather sofa
thanks

Bailey1960.'s reply to Queensclose's Comment

Yes it is leather

Queensclose's reply to Bailey1960.'s Comment

Written on: 19/02/2015

is there anyway of contacting me. we have similar and preparing court action

“Lasted three weeks only”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by WLUNN (1 review written)

hi I bought 2x3seater sofas and received on 23rd January2015 but my arm has collapsed now three weeks later but DFS only want to repair it not replace it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY… Read Full Review

Bailey1960.'s Response to WLUNN's Review

Written on: 19/02/2015

I hope you didn't buy the accidental insurance aswel because it's not worth the paper it's written on

“Disgraceful code of practice”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by heGorman427 (1 review written)

Ordered our sofa for Christmas collection, did not arrive until mid January. We were not allowed to inspect goods until after they had delivered and unpacked. It was not the colour we ordered, but they would not return it, had to wait for a manager to visit us, he said it was what we ordered, but would not comment on it looking a different colour to ordered. Yet! he agreed to collect and return it for a refund or exchange, but they now class it as second hand and deducted 20% from the… Read Full Review

Buds68's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2015

Go read the 1979 sale of goods act,do not accept that from them!!!! This company needs to be shutdown,an please if you have time write to Watchdog like many have an hopefully BBC will shame this company an no one else will go through what we have !!!!

“Misleading sales pitch”

Written on: 12/02/2015 by petalpower29 (1 review written)

Purchased a new 3 seater + cuddler sofa. Here's my experience: When visiting the store to try-before-you-buy, we couldn't have been made more welcome. Cuppa tea and everything - big thumbs up. When sofa decision made, I think the salesman explained everything, but he did just real it off rather quickly, it might have been just as effective to be listening to a pre-recorded message on fastplay speed - I don't recall much of what he said! But all those details about looking after the sofa and… Read Full Review

“Can't complain”

Written on: 11/02/2015 by colinp29 (1 review written)

Ordered my couch on Doncaster. Knew what I wanted and the sales person wasn't pushy, and helped me out straight away. Explained everything to me, didn't force anything on me. Explained delivery would take around 5 weeks. Got my couch delivered just over 3 weeks later. Got the phone call that it was in and ready to be delivered. Felt the girls were a bit pushy to get it out asap rather than arrange a date with me, but didn't matter. Asked for an early as possible slot and was second off the… Read Full Review

“INSURANCE NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON !”

Written on: 10/02/2015 by buds68 (2 reviews written)

Bought a 4seater leather sofa in July 2012 was also forcibly sold the warranty,was told its for accidental damage stains discolouring an everything else,since purchasing have had recliner fixed twice,noticed some discolouring an also something digging in me when i sit down an also stitching has come away ,phoned DFS to be told that structural damage was no longer under warranty,but they would get someone out to look at the other problems ,Had a s0-called technician come out today an i explained… Read Full Review

Lee59's Response to buds68's Review

1979 sales of goods act

“Got a message saying they are trying to contact me...”

Written on: 09/02/2015 by Harrison170 (1 review written)

Got a message saying they are trying to contact me about my delivery, so I call them on the number provided, I was just wondering if they EVER answer the phone?… Read Full Review

“Two months gone and no offer of replacement or part...”

Written on: 08/02/2015 by McCollum206 (1 review written)

The sofa is terrible. It has hardly any padding and some of the leather looks like it had come from an 80 year old cow. It is far different from the ones you see in the showroom. I asked for a replacement or a part refund to allow for it's terrible quality and nothing has been done. I have sent two e-mails and they claim not to have received the first which is rubbish. My computer would have told me of a failed e-mail. There has been no response to my second one either. I think the service is… Read Full Review

Lee59's Comment

1979 sales of goods act

“STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY”

Written on: 08/02/2015 by judith12345 (1 review written)

If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. Our recent experience with DFS was an absolute joke, I don't know where to start. Long story short, the delivery men put together our leather corner sofa incorrectly...they installed the wrong legs and they also didn't install a crucial support frame, which made the sofa sag to the floor one day after it was delivered. The problem got worse and worse, and in the end it took DFS far too long to resolve the problem, so we ended up returning the… Read Full Review

Lee59's Response to judith12345's Review

Written on: 26/02/2015

1979 sales of goods act. Manager coming out to us tomorrow,he's getting this in a letter.

“Rubbish quality........”

Written on: 05/02/2015

Purchased a leather 3 piece suite about 5 years ago. Ivory leather, 3 seat sofa and two armchairs. First of all, beware. Whilst the sofa was 'cheap, at around £500, the two armchairs were almost the same price. My suite with all the extras came to about £1800 ! The sales guy was very good because he convinced me that I was getting a top quality suite. I paid up and waited for delivery. About 8 weeks later I got a call from DFS saying they wanted to deliver the suite. I wanted a few days to… Read Full Review

Queensclose's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2015

can you email me as we have a similar problem

“LASTED 3 WEEKS CUSHIONS WENT COMPLETELY FLAT”

Written on: 31/01/2015 by dfsiscrap (1 review written)

Made an online purchase "Dorset 3 and 2 seater £843 on the 13th December the cushions are made from the cheapest fiber and need "plumping " daily which we did to keep it looking full and new, after a couple of weeks they looked awful and saggy . I first complained on the 4th of January to customer services who fobed me off to the local store where I was told I probably wasn't plumping properly and what I should be doing is remove the filling shake it and replace it DAILY!! Then told me it… Read Full Review

“Disgusting all round!!!”

Written on: 30/01/2015 by KiaraHolman1972 (1 review written)

The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They must employ the most rudest staff in the uk. Biggest ripoffs I've ever come across!! Sofa arrived after waiting 6 weeks & paying £2000 for it in terrible condition stitching all wonky, cushions as flat as a pancake, complete mismatch of colour it's disgusting!! The delivery guys looked like they had the weight of the world on their shoulders they were as miserable as sin didn't even greet me and partner just stomped in and proceeded to… Read Full Review

Lee59's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2015

Good for you. 1979 sales of goods act. They are in breach of contract.

Buds68's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2015

Will you if you have time write to BBC Watchdog,alot of people have an the more complaints they get they will shame this company !

“ I am writing regarding my sofa bed purchased on 08th...”

Written on: 27/01/2015 by Alessia1411 (1 review written)

I am writing regarding my sofa bed purchased on 08th of April 2014 delivered in 22nd May 2014. The item is completely under our expectations. At the beginning when we received the sofa bed we tried the mattress was not the best one but acceptable for our using. After 5 times that our guests slept on the sofa bed, the mattress become totally uncomfortable and it is possible to feel the frame under your body and this is only for the bed. As regards the sofa: We know that at the sofa has been… Read Full Review

Lee59's Response to Alessia1411's Review

Written on: 26/02/2015

We are in the same boat. Colour transference to our leather sofa after a couple of weeks. Five year insurance is a cop out not interested.manager out tomorrow we are not expecting much from him. He will be handed a letter stating our rights under the 1979 sales of goods act. They are in breach of contract.

Buds68's reply to Lee59's Comment

Written on: 04/03/2015

Please Lee59s will you write to BBC Watchdog about the useless insurance policy sold and about the Sofa you purchased a few people have an if they get loads of complaints about this useless company they will name an shame them on tv !

“Sharks!”

Written on: 26/01/2015 by Abbeyl251 (1 review written)

Tried to sell me a bed by promising the wood finish was one colour (no sample bed in showroom) but when I asked them to put it in writing they refused and I found out it was another colour and they sold me Tampur mattress which gives me back ache. When I called customer services they said there is nothing they can do. £1600 wasted there then.. Steer clear is my advice… Read Full Review

“After sales service ”

Written on: 22/01/2015 by 312Murray (1 review written)

very annoyed to be misled by the company ordered a sofa table and chairs and bed costing in excess of £2000 to be told the bed and sofa will be delivered together only to be told on the actual delivery day the bed wasn't coming and will follow. Upon receiving the sofa it contained two rips one which I am still waiting to hear about over a week after delivery. Also told when we ordered they don't deliver weekends, today is another day I've taken off to receive my table only to be told the out… Read Full Review

Wilsdj01's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2015

Surprise surprise table delivered damaged