ZipCar Reviews - www.zipcar.co.uk

ZipCar www.zipcar.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for ZipCar www.zipcar.co.uk

ZipCar www.zipcar.co.uk

“Rude customer service”

Written on: 06/09/2014 by Victorc (1 review written)

Charged per hour until you return it to the original pick up location (therefore can be charged the whole day even if you only drove for 1 hour), extremely bad/rude customer service, will not recommend to anyone… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“First booking, they said would be one to remember, yep!!”

Written on: 04/09/2014 by Kristan49 (1 review written)

Joined Zip last week. My first booking last minute this evening as there was a car to book and perfect as I was in a hurry.... except I went on a wild goose chase snd turns out car wasnt there. They blamed a customer who maybe has left it somewhere else. Incredible. Cancelled my membership already. Total joke of a company… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“Cancelling membership after 8 years.”

Written on: 03/09/2014 by Candoguy (1 review written)

I signed to the previous company, "Streetcar" in 2005 and the service was extremely efficient. When "Zipcar" took over about four years ago I anticipated that the service would deteriorate as it was becoming more corporate and monopolising. I've been using "Zipcar" a lot less regularly than I ever was before and have decided to cancel my membership as soon as this contract expires. It's very expensive now and the service is more distant with staff morale low, which I can perceive just by… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“Got completely ripped off to the tune of £150”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by EWEW (1 review written)

When I first joined zipcar I was convinced by their sales team to take out a damage waiver for my first month as I was using the car to move into my new house. They clearly told me that I was getting a deal and that it would end at the end of the month unless I renewed. I have now discovered that they have been automatically debiting my account every month for the damage waiver --£14.95 per month. I never authorized this and would have completely rejected it if I had known that the option… Read Full Review

“Don't try on a Sunday”

Written on: 20/07/2014 by ShaneVaughan1970 (1 review written)

Despite the fact that they say you can hire a car the same day. They omit to tell you anywhere on the site that this can't be done after midday on a Saturday or anytime on a Sunday. So unless you know days in advance that you might need the car/van then don't bother to sign up otherwise you'll go through a lengthy process and give them all your details for nothing. The best bit is they know they should put this information on the site but clearly can't be bothered… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“ABSOLUTELY APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DISRESPECT”

Written on: 15/07/2014 by suPowers443 (1 review written)

Recently, I hired one of Zipcar's vans for my business account. I had used them a lot before for drop offs or for a pleasant drive around London for a small cost with no fault. Now, I'm in a dispute. Zipcar's bay was suspended so I park in a residents bay as they told me to in writing and now I'm facing a PCN for following their instructions. Zipcar are now saying this email was never sent and it's not their instructions or fault and they've gone as far as to CANCEL my appeal with the… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“Very unhappy with this customer service ”

Written on: 08/07/2014 by el_coopre (1 review written)

I have been issued a PCN via Zipcar despite parking legally at the time of my car rental. Not only will they not contest it with the council on my behalf but they have also waited until it was overdue before informing me so that now I'm unable to pay it at the reduced cost that the council offers for paying within 14 days. Their customer support have been very unhelpful and rather than helping me contest this they have refused point blank saying that they will simply take the money out of my… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“worst service ever!! stay far away!”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by LeonardAtkinson19 (1 review written)

I recently applied for an application, which was granted. I chose the monthly payment scheme. Two days later I received an email stating my membership had been cancelled. A day after I was told that, £66 was debited from my account. I called the hotline to find out why the money has been taken. I was answered by an extremely rude person who gave me no explanation apart from the fact that my money will be refunded in due course. I am now still waiting for my refund (which to be honest… Read Full Review

“ZIPCAR :(”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by DamionPereira (1 review written)

ZIPCAR GOT ME ANGRY ME OFF IM 21 HAD MY LICENSE FOR OVER 1 YEAR AND THEY SAY IT CANT ACCEPT ME I ASKED WHY THEY SAY AUTOMATED SYSTEM ON THE COMPUTER THEY DONT GIVE YOU A REASON … Read Full Review

“Cancelled membership.”

Written on: 21/05/2014 by EmmettLopez (1 review written)

After 4 years as a loyal member and literally thousands of pounds of usage my membership was suddenly revoked without warning. I was later notified of the infractions - clearly they belonged to someone who had a specific task requiring special tools. Nothing in my history would suggest this was me. Doesn't matter. A dismissal from the machine and a letter ending "this decision will not be over-ruled" They're new owners Avis are clearly at odds with this community or how these new business… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“Don’t trust what is written in their FAQ”

Written on: 14/05/2014 by Larai438 (1 review written)

Good service but some answers of their FAQ are misleading. As an example, they state “You can go from joining to driving in minutes”. This is totally wrong, once registered they ask for tons of scanned documents and don’t send you anything they received and checked them. Think about at best a week (if you’re not rejected) to get your card… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“racist agaisnt my name..memebership cancel security risk”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by esmekhan (1 review written)

I was a long standing member of zipcar was with then from the beginning..but found out that there is no such thing as valued customer with them,or any customer service.what happend was i have been told im a high risk to zipcar which is laughable! Im a father a resonsible driver always abide by the rules of zipcar and have a clean driving licence, when i phoned zipcar to ask what were the reasons behind terminating before my contract was over i could not get any answers and was hung up on i did… Read Full Review

“CLOSED MY ACCOUNT”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by jane152 (1 review written)

After paying for a year membership and been a member for the last 8 months... my account was suspended and Zipcar requested copies of my personal details... sent all my information only to be told my account has now been closed as i am a security risk. I am a 33 year old woman (chartered accountant) with no points on my licence... i have paid all my bookings with my personal cards... i have never been late returning nor damaged any of the cars i have booked... no tickets for parking, speeding… Read Full Review

Esme123's Response to jane152's Review

Written on: 25/04/2014

Wow so true i cant believe the same thing has happend to me today..been a member for 7 years! And my membership cancelled with no contact from zipcar ..found out when i went to pay my annual fee lol and yes very rude staff..hung up on when asked to speak with a manager

“Joke”

Written on: 08/04/2014

Diabolical. I don't use the service so have asked on 3 seperate occasions to cancel my membership (Have been a member for over a year with 1 usage at the start). No acknowledgment from customer services. They're now threatening debt collection over a £6 fee. No thanks. Avoid these people, their operation is a total joke… Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“Rip off - better to rent”

Written on: 19/03/2014 by Allisonk417 (1 review written)

I signed up for the service because I no longer had a company car and was happy that the service could be purchased on a monthly basis. The plan was to use this as an interim service. However, I lost my job and when I went to cancel (having paid over £20 per month including insurance for a service I had only used once) I was told that it was a 'yearly membership' and that I would need to continue to pay the membership fee for the next 8 months. The year lock-in was not made clear over the… Read Full Review

“NEVER USE ZIPCAR!!!!”

Written on: 04/03/2014 by b-rad (1 review written)

Avoid using zipcar at all costs! They're telephone customer service advised me to park elsewhere because the zipcar car space was taken. Now I have to pay for a parking ticket because of their incompetent advice! … Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“ZIPCAR DECLINED ME FOR NO REASON.”

Written on: 02/03/2014 by GenevieveMcMahon (1 review written)

Ive waited to be a member of zipcar for 2 years was told that i would be able to join when i turn 21 and now i have and when i tried joing they rejected me and when i told then why they started getting all nervous they didnt no what to say and left me on hold and got back to me saying oh were sorry you have been declined i asked then why they had no reason so they hanged up on me they my friend tried and they done the same witb him. Awfull service streetcar was much better and better customer… Read Full Review

“Rip off Car ”

Written on: 26/02/2014

Zipcar bays occupied when returning vehicle within an apartment complex. Called Zipcar for advice. Representative said ... "just park as near as you can in any space" Now they're chasing me for a parking ticket that the car received! Extremely disappointed with Zipcar and would NOT recommend or use zipcar service ever again!!! In addition, the customer service team is terrible. People be aware, don't bother with zipcar! … Read Full Review

Visit zipcar.co.uk

“The demise of Zipcar, why its time to look for...”

Written on: 10/01/2014 by cfollows (1 review written)

I've been a ZipCar customer 'formally Streetcar' for over 5 years and have seen its quick demise from a really great service into a very low rate car hire company, cumulating in the unacceptable customer experience for my family and I had to endue on the evening of 23/12/13: I had booked a car close to where I live to collect my young son for our only Christmas evening we were all spending together, it should have been a low hassle quick trip, taking less than an hour, it was also a horrible… Read Full Review

Quagmire84's Response to cfollows's Review

Written on: 13/01/2014

1. Zipcar Punish good customers by imposing grossly unreasonable conditions on them when others break the rules.

So do you know what Zipcar have done to those other members? Did you give them the registration numbers of those cars so they can chase this up with those other members?

2. Zipcar go to great lengths to avoid all responsibility or care for their customers, to the extent where Zipcar refuse to support customers resolve problems, which are Zipcar's responsibility.

but it's also the members responsibility to ensure they park correctly.

3. I find this experience totally unacceptable

I find you review above unacceptable

4. Zipcar policies and processes are not fit for purpose.

but you happily signed up anyway. NICE

Cfollows's reply to Quagmire84's Comment

Written on: 13/01/2014

Yes I gave the members number plates, they didn't offer to call the member, they were useless at a time when I need their support.

I asked what action will they take to the other driver - they said they cant do anything - I said if I get ticket can the member who has caused all this pay - They say no it would be my responsibility - they wont do anything

This is about Zipcar helping a member in trouble, it doesn't matter really who parked in the bay Zipcar should have better policy for their customers in events like these, would you be a happy customer being made to do this?

"I find you review above unacceptable" - Why?

This was not clear in the policy when I signed up and you have to be there, you need stories like this to expose these flaws in Zipcar service, Streetcar was really helpful and a great company, after 5 years I have now left Zipcar.

Do you work for Zipcar ?

Cfollows's Response to cfollows's Review

Written on: 13/01/2014

Zipcar replay and my response which I feel is an inadequate response to my complaint, I have responded to the following points:

“… the situation does arise from time to time whereby members or other road users park incorrectly in our car club bays”

This was not other road users this was another Zip car customer – Zipcar had the contact details of the person using that vehicle at no point did zipcar offer to contact that member to request they move the car which could have greatly helped the situation.

“As was explained on the day, we have agreements with councils whereby they advise us of where we can legally park when our bay is obstructed.”

This has nothing to do with the council this was a zipcar problem that zipcar should have sorted out and Zipcar should stop blaming the council for zipcar’s policy and procedure failures.

“While we accept completely that the problem surrounding the parking bay was not your fault, as a Zipcar member you are responsible for parking the vehicle legally at the end of your reservation. We will do everything we can to help you find a suitable bay”

Zipcar did nothing to help and zipcar put undue and unreasonable pressure on me to resolve zipcars problems for them, this is totally unacceptable procedure.

“We do have to advise members that they may be liable for any charges incurred”.

This is ridicules policy in this situation, Zipcar should take responsibility and support those conscientious members who have been inconvenienced by other inconsiderate members.

“We pride ourselves on giving understanding and empathetic customer service, and I apologise if you found our call centre staff unhelpful”

Zipcar response to this problem was totally unhelpful and unreasonable; ‘you need to drive around until you find a unrestricted parking space in Wimbledon’ which is near impossible, this is not helpful.

“I’m happy to pass on your comments about our out of location procedure to the relevant teams, who can contact the council and attempt to agree a more lenient approach to parking restrictions for our vehicles”.

Again zipcar are trying to deflect what should be their responsibilities on to Merton Council. This is not a Merton Council problem and I will be letting Merton Council know Zipcar are blaming them for their lack of customer support and shortfall.

“Given the time of year and the particular circumstances on the night, I can completely understand your frustration with the policy, but would ask in future to consider your approach to our members of staff. ….. we do not tolerate aggressive behaviour towards our staff, and reports of such behaviour can lead to your account being reviewed”.

I was not aggressive to Zipcar call staff and I see this as yet another deflection of responsibility by zipcar. I was a frustrated and stressed customer with two small Children, standing in the rain and wind the day before Christmas looking forward to an evening with my family but was being told to spend the next 2 hours solving Zipcars problems or you will be fined.

Meeks29's reply to Cfollows's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2014

Seriously i dont think ZipCar have any idea about Customer experience... You are not the first person to be called aggressive because they (ZipCar) dont have answers to any queries... Be careful in due time they might close your account with no explanation but based on their arbitrary accusations... so sorry for your experience

ps... i dont work for ZipCar unlike Quagmire84

“NEVER Choose ZIPCAR”

Written on: 23/12/2013

They're OK when you first join and the concept seems like a good one at first. But very quickly you realize it is simply window dressing. The service is in-fact apalling, the staff are rude and if even the slightest thing goes wrong they deal with it in such a way as to preserve the bottom line, while being frankly offensive to their customers. The whole concept works out as a good idea in such a narrow range of circumstances that it is almost always a better idea to go with a traditional car… Read Full Review

zipcar.co.uk