B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion Reviews

B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion

B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion

“four coats and still streaky”

Written on: 04/08/2013

i bough a tub of deeply teal from b&q and after four coats the finish is still very streaky. i would not recommend you buy this paint, i am going out to buy dulux or crown… Read Full Review

“worst emulsion on the market!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 09/04/2013

this paint does not cover it seems to have a good colour in the tub but on the walls it seems to go.they say a tub will cover 30sqmts this might be if you still want to see the original colour of the wall before you started. this paint should be taken off the shelfs till they sort out the problems people have with it. i am now going out to buy dulux paint as i should have in the first place… Read Full Review

“B&Q emulsion paint and their customer support RUBBISH...”

Written on: 21/05/2012

I purchased two different colours of emulsion paint for my kitchen, the walls were clean and dry, the paint went on fine all appeared ok until a couple of weeks later when the paint started to crackle and peel and then some months later got alot worse, I complained to B&Q and they sent me some pots asking for samples of the flake and the paint, it has now been 9 months later and I have heard nothing follows numerous phone calls, clearly avoiding me, I now need to rub all the walls down and… Read Full Review

Myhouse's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2012

We too had the same problems, sent off samples that to B & Q credit was sent to the manufacture in Germany, after weeks of waiting I call Germany myself, had to send off new samples. as to be expected, they said of the thousands of litres produced they had not had any complaints and after testing the samples could not find a problem with them. They sussested that the problem must have been my walls. As a good will gesture sent credit note to re do walls using the same. Have not done so yet and no likely to.

Candj's Comment

Written on: 16/03/2013

Much of it is also very see through requiring several coats. I've come to the conclusion that it's cheaper for a reason. IT'S CHEAP! as in RUBBISH!

It's false economy to use poor products and in the long run we're best going with a paint that the trade use. Keep an eye on local decorators, see what they buy. I doubt very much it will say B&Q on it.

“Bubble and peeled”

Written on: 28/10/2011 by rng123 (2 reviews written)

Bought Alfie and georgia, first coat went on ok. Put second coat and Georgia is still streaky. The edges seemed a little flakey. When putting the second coat of Alfie on bubbles appeared and stripped all the paint off back to plaster. I have never seen paint like this. I contacted customer help line and then soon had call from Germany. He has "never heard anything like this" am sending samples but doesn't help the state of my room. DO NOT RISK USING THIS PRODUCT. I have just wasted a week off… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to rng123's Review

Written on: 11/05/2012

Exactly same thing has happened to me, I'm going to have to start all over again. Its approx 6 weeks since I painted the bathroom and its just getting worse bringing all the previous layers of paint off down to the plaster, I'm worried about applying different paint on top - what will happen then!

Rng123's Response to rng123's Review

Written on: 11/05/2012

Six months on the paint on the wall has cracked and peeled close to where it previously bubbled. I would suggest to sand down. It has ruined our bedroom

“B & Q Emulsion”

Written on: 28/08/2011 by AlanHuddart (1 review written)

As in other reviews, I agree that the stuff is rubbish. It won't stick to the wall and dries with a bubble effect which in fairness does go but the stuff is just watered-down rubbish. Far better and less stressful to go for Dulux or Crown - at least that sticks to the wall and covers in one coat… Read Full Review

“today my friend purchased one of the new colours from...”

Written on: 06/02/2011

today my friend purchased one of the new colours from the b&q paint range it is in their brochure , it is called Alfie.
The paint was to go over the hall stairs and landing walls which were previously painted about five years ago in a bright cheery yellow .

the emulsion covered almost straight away with one coat but as there were a few patches we gave it another coat , it is lovely and we had no problems with it at all .

However in august of 2011 I helped another friend paint the cladded… Read Full Review

“the covering power of b&q paints are rubbish ”

Written on: 01/05/2009 by s rutherford (1 review written)

the covering power of b&q paints are rubbish

it took four coats of paint to cover existing colour.

i am a professional decorator and as the customer

bought the paint i thought i would use it.

never again.

Albert Speer's Response to s rutherford's Review

Written on: 04/07/2010

I am a painter aswell and i have often found B&Q one coat paint just wont do what it say's on the tin, and that is give adequate coverage over a strong colour with one coat.
<br/>I often have had to use the cheap white emulsion to cover and coat a strong colour prior to giving it the finishing coat.
<br/>I would stick to Johnstones, Dulux, or Crown, they do what they say on the tin, and save you time, effort, and the argument's and sometimes &pound;&pound;MONEY&pound;&pound;
<br/> Murdoch From Stirling,Scotland.

“B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion paint is a great product,...”

Written on: 10/09/2007 by wazzer150864 (1 review written)

B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion paint is a great product, and at a great price. Not sure what the other reviewers are on about, but it's all in the preparation!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“This is the worst emulsion paint I have ever come across. ”

Written on: 23/05/2007 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

This is the worst emulsion paint I have ever come across.
We tried it in 2 different rooms. We now have to do both rooms again.
When the paint dries, it begins to flake and peel. We have rubbed down and applied again, and still the same happens.

B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion is absolute rubbish! Use this and you are making even more work for yourself, as you will also have to rub the lot down and start again.

Buy another brand… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought about 11 tubs of B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion...”

Written on: 30/11/2006 by the foreman (1 review written)

I bought about 11 tubs of B&Q Colours Fresh Emulsion paint in various colours to start to do my newly plastered house. The plastered walls by the way had been drying out for about three months, so they were bone dry. We wanted to paint all the inside of the house together, rather than one room here and there, for the brand new sort of look. Well, being new plaster, I sized all the walls with unibond to seal in the dust, and then I decided to paint the walls first in my daughters bedroom.

First… Read Full Review

307936_Bhan87's Response to 268944_the foreman's Review

Written on: 30/08/2007

Was it Unibond's PVA glue you sealed the plaster with by any chance? Although it's not a bad way to seal it, it's not the best, as it is very hard to paint over it again. You should have used the proper plaster sealer or some of the cheap matt emulsion. Though I do agree with you that the B&Q Colours Fresh colours emulsion paint is rubbish.