Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X Estate Reviews

Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X Estate - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X Estate

Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X Estate
Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X Estate

“When choosing this car I drove all the 'usual'...”

Written on: 05/03/2009

When choosing this car I drove all the 'usual' competition (Peugeot 407, Citroen C5, Vauxhall Vectra, Honda Accord) as well the more 'upmarket' competition (BMW 3 touring, Merc C class, Audi A4 Tourer). I must say the Mondeo matched up very well against all of them and offered the best combination of the things I wanted. The Mondeo was chosen on the following grounds

Space - more practical than any of the above cars with a HUGE boot
Performance - 2.2 TDCi was only bettered by the Audi A4… Read Full Review

“I set out to replace '99 Nissan Primera SE estate in...”

Written on: 14/05/2007 by Sony Fan (32 reviews written)

I set out to replace '99 Nissan Primera SE estate in January 2007 and my criteria were that the new car would have to be bigger, faster, more economical and better specified than the trust old Nissan. The Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X 4 door Estate ticks every box.

The performance of the car is generally very good. As with most turbo-diesels it gives strong acceleration when you keep the engine between 1,750 and 3,250 revs. Unlike most turbo-diesels there's practically no delay between… Read Full Review

Themaninthevan2001's Response to Sony Fan's Review

Written on: 15/05/2007

Sounds like a nice car.

Sony Fan's Response to Sony Fan's Review

Written on: 04/07/2008

14 months later and I still think my Mondeo is excellent. In fact, I like it so much I've just ordered another Mondeo for my wife!

376813_T Arkers's Response to Sony Fan's Review

Written on: 25/06/2008

I have just bought a late 2005 '55 Plate Black 2.2 TDCI 155 Titanium X Hatchback for £7500 and has 48K on the clock with full service history. I cannot agree more with "Sony Fan" as he has hit the nail on the head about every aspect mentioned in the review. I am returning an average of 42.2mpg, but even when "pressing on" I can't get below 40mpg. This car is well built and feels solid, which is very important to me nowadays, as much as I hate to admit it! To put this into perspective, my brother bought an Audi A4 on an early '04 plate with 78K miles and the 1.9TDi engine for £10.2K - if you take away the "badge snobery" I feel i've got by far the better car, especially as neither of us have a view to sell in the furture. So much car for so little money and it wafts me past most other cars on the road with no fuss and in comfort.

Ieuanfawr's Response to Sony Fan's Review

Written on: 16/05/2007

I hope they've improved under-bonnet access - it can be an hour's labour to change a headlamp bulb and 4 hours to to exchange an alternator.
<br/>
<br/>Bulb £5.99, fitting £50
<br/>Alternator £79, fitting £200.