Alight Plus Size Clothing Reviews - www.alight.com

Alight Plus Size Clothing - www.alight.com - Ask a question now

“Horrible Company! ”

Written on: 20/12/2014 by zhGlover484 (1 review written)

I purchased a pair of leggings from Alight and paid $8.50 for shipping. When my package arrived, I was required to pay extra postage at the post office because whoever shipped the package didn't put the appropriate amount. I contacted Alight twice about this issue. It has been 2 weeks and no one has contacted me. I paid $10 to ship a pair of leggings! I don't recommend this company at all! It shouldn't cost this much to ship a single small item and they've done nothing to rectify the situation… Read Full Review

“FAKE REVIEWS FROM THE OWNER”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by ymDickinson318 (1 review written)

it is obvious that all of the Great reviews are from the owner and staff. This website is a joke, quality horrific and customer service abysmal. As someone in the clothing industry - I am amazed at how they stay in business… Read Full Review

Alight's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2014

All reviews posted are genuine. We have been in business for 15 years and the overwhelming majority of people love us! Please check our wonderful reviews in amazon, google, bizrate. We are sorry you did not like our site.

Stacy - alight.com

“WORST ONLINE SERVICE EVER”

Written on: 19/03/2014 by LadyinNH (1 review written)

I have never been so unhappy. I have ordered twice from this company. They say their clothing is "in stock" and w/the two orders I've placed (and charged full price for)all the dresses I've ordered were out of stock yet they won't tell you they are out of stock. I even got charged the full price for my order which was never sent and they tell me my "refund" will take a week. DO NOT SHOP HERE. So many better options. Go to OneSTop Plus, Woman Within, Simply Be, Torrid. You will regret shopping… Read Full Review

Blackrequiem's Response to LadyinNH's Review

Written on: 14/07/2014

Same exact thing is happening to me right now. Disgusting that they can do this, I'm reporting them to the BBB.

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 27/08/2013 by italianmamma (1 review written)

Purchased a 1x dress. When it arrived the dress said XL and was very small. I called to ask some questions and the girl who answered was unenthusiastic and rude. I asked to speak to the manager and he was not much better. The dress was thin as paper and I spent extra to get it early. Total waste of time and money. If you are going to run a great business you need to have good customer service and they do not… Read Full Review

Flowersarebeautiful's Response to italianmamma's Review

Written on: 28/08/2013

My experience with ordering a product from Alight/Sonsi was negative. Go to Sonsi and click on returns and then domestic. It will show the other retail partners that Sonsi works with which includes Alight and many others.

I returned my item with tracking and noticed after 13 days being delivered to Missouri (shipping/handling department) that I had not received an email stating that my item reached its destination or that I received credit for my item. I called Customer service for Sonsi/Alight and they tell me that it can take up to 2 weeks to get a refund. First of all I’m supposed to get an email stating when my item reached its destination which I did not get. Why do I have to call a business 13 days after my item was delivered to inquire about why I didn’t get credit? You don’t have to do that with JCPenney or Sears. The next day I call and they said I had received a refund. I was angry in the way they conducted their business that I asked to speak with a Supervisor. The lady kept giving me the run around telling me the Supervisors are tied up/unavailable. I told her to put me on hold until the Supervisors were available. I’m on hold for a little while. Then she tells me they are on the phone. So I told her to tell the Supervisor that there is an upset customer and I would like to speak to her. I told her that she could take the phone call that the Supervisor was on and let me speak with the Supervisor. Finally I got to speak with a lady that said she was a Supervisor, which she then later tells me she was the Manager. I spoke with her about how it took so long to get a refund and that I wanted to speak with the shipping department. I also asked her if she was going to take this complaint higher up and she said no. She said she would contact the shipping department and see why it took so long and call me back. I have not heard back!

I called and spoke with a guy, who said he would send my complaint to the corporate office and he gave me a case number. I’m still waiting to hear from them. If you have a complaint it supposedly goes through customer service and then they will forward it to the corporate office. But the customer service reps do not know who the CEO is of the company, they don’t know the address or the phone number to the corporate office, they don’t have the number for the shipping department in MO. My how convenient it is for Sonsi to not know that information when they are running this!!!

If you look at their return policy, they state they will send you an email when your item has reached its destination. They DO NOT send you an email when the item is received. They don’t send you an email intentionally. If they actually send an email out then they are acknowledging they have received your item.

I have figured out what they do at Alight. When you return an item it goes to Missouri which you somehow can’t contact them. This company is like a truck stop which is out in the middle of nowhere. They also state that you will receive an email when your item is received which they do not send you an email. Then they also have a number to call for Alight which is located in a house in NY. So what they will do is give you the run around if you call and ask why you haven't received a credit for an item you have returned. They won't give you the phone number of the shipping department. Supposedly there isn’t a way of contacting them. If you don't tell them that you have your item tracked they will say it got lost, there has been a snow storm, shipping got mixed up, etc and they won’t refund your money. You have no proof that it was delivered so they will keep your money. Their Alright store in NY has closed.

“Horrible Customer Service!”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by LidoGirl (1 review written)

My sister and I ordered two dresses from Alight through OneStopPlus. The dresses arrived (to be worn as bridesmaid dresses), however we didn't like the garments - they were very thin and seemed cheaply made. Plus, they didn't fit correctly and were way too revealing. Anyway, I returned the dresses via UPS and tracked the package. I paid for the UPS shipping. I received a confirmation email from UPS that the package had arrived at their wearhouse in St. Louis and the package had been signed… Read Full Review

Alight's Response to LidoGirl's Review

Written on: 09/08/2013

I am sorry to learn that your experience with alight.com was not as you expected. We work very hard to satisfy our customers. 2013 marks our 14th year of servicing customers worldwide. Your order was placed through one stop plus. The charge was through them. We did the shipping for the item you purchased. Your refund was processed through one stop plus. Your return was processed on a timely basis. The snowstorm did cause a delay.

Flowersarebeautiful's Response to LidoGirl's Review

Written on: 10/08/2013

They also had a store at 998 Old Ct. Rd Plainview NY which has closed. There is a reason why they have closed. It is due to their unethical business practices

“CHEAP products and TERRIBLE customer service!!”

Written on: 24/10/2012 by jennib02 (1 review written)

I bought a white dress for a party off alight website. I reviewed all of the details since every clothing fits differently. According to their size chart, this dress should have been 2 sizes too big for me (I wanted it loose). I received the dress and could see through it before even unfolding it. When I went to try it on, the "chain strap" that goes over one shoulder was broken. It was made of flimsy cheap metal. The dress was so tight it was depressing. The material so thin you could see the… Read Full Review

Alight's Response to jennib02's Review

Written on: 16/11/2012

We have been in business for 14 years and we do pride ourselves in quality customer service. We had our design team examine the dress and it was not defective at all. We are sorry that it did not fit right as we do know that all manufacturers sizes run differently and all bodies, shapes and sizes are different. We will always answer your calls and do the best we can for you to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. We have resold the dress with no issues and again are sorry for your dissatisfaction. Our goal is to be the best in the business and being in business 14 years has given us that opportunity.

“Such Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 20/09/2012 by maggiemgm (1 review written)

I ordered a formal dress from Alight and, in the stressful craziness that followed, I confirmed multiple times that I provided my correct shipping address. For whatever reason, they sent the package to a zip code that was one number off. Watching the tracking, I saw that the package bounced around LA (in the 90057 zip code rather than 90017) and was then returned to sender. So I called them and asked how quickly they could get it back to me since the event was approaching quickly. They said… Read Full Review

Alight's Response to maggiemgm's Review

Written on: 01/10/2012

We sincerely aplogize for your disatissfaction and inconvenience. We have been in business for 13yrs and we do pride ourselves in your satisfaction. It was definitely human error (the zip code was wrong) and unfortunately this happens. Again, we strive for excellence and want you to know that we aplogize again. Contact us anytime to discuss further. Thank you.

“Never ever again”

Written on: 10/07/2012 by hisfiance (1 review written)

I ordered a simple white dress for a party, it was not in stock. They suggested a more expensive option and it arrived looking nothing like the picture online and nowhere near true to size. I returned the dress within days and my refund is taking weeks. 1st they said they didn't receive it 2nd they said the holiday had them behind 3rd their warehouse is in st louis so there's built in inefficiency 4th they don't return shipping costs per their website. But the websites states they do and also… Read Full Review

Alight's Response to hisfiance's Review

Written on: 16/07/2012

First we would like to apologize for your inconvenience. If you would please call us or email us your earliest convenience to ensure that this issues has been rectified as we don't know who you are through this review. We have been in business for 13 years and we pride ourselves in excellent customer service. Thank you for shopping with us at alight.com and we look forward to straightening out this issue for you.

“They bait and switch and then steal your returns”

Written on: 14/06/2012 by SusanNY (1 review written)

I ordered all cotton leggings but when they came they were poly mix. When I called to complain, they said "too bad, we sent what we had". Then when I returned the items by first class mail, they said they never got them. I have never had a vendor who did not receive return items by first class mail. But learn your lesson - always get a signature with these people. It may be cheap but you get what you pay for and it may wind up expensive when you try to return something. NOT WORTH ORDERING!! I… Read Full Review

“Run from This”

Written on: 10/04/2012 by Babsmcgee (1 review written)

These people are RUDE! They have a return police that states anything $20 and under is NOT returnable. I am not throwing $20 away if it does not fit! The customer service is nasty and the owner will not talk to you on the phone. Run, Run, Run!… Read Full Review

“horrible customer service”

Written on: 06/03/2012 by jessekay (1 review written)

Hi I ordered a sun dress from this company . And the order was out stock on now email nor called to say the item was out of stock . I called and the customer service was horrible . Norman was very rude he spoke very rudely on the phone. His lack of knowledge about the product was not professional i will never attempt to purchase from this site again… Read Full Review

“First time ordering through this website and this has...”

Written on: 12/04/2011

First time ordering through this website and this has NOT been a pleasant experience. They provided me with a tracking number for my order on March 23rd and as of today, April 12th, I still can't get an update on where the package is. It seems as though they haven't even shipped it yet. USPS claims they don't even have a package in reference to the tracking number, it was just generate and never actually put through. I had to email customer service about getting an update and this is what the… Read Full Review

“I am a plus size fashion blogger who was contacted by...”

Written on: 19/08/2010

I am a plus size fashion blogger who was contacted by alight.com to do a series of giveaways with them. Now, three months later, the winner of the giveaway has yet to receive their free top (which alight.com was choosing, so it's not a stock issue!) and I have e-mail several times to no avail. I've finally just written a negative blog post about it.

I will no longer support alight.com

- Sarah
http://www.tabayag.com… Read Full Review

“The customer service department doesn't even deserve a...”

Written on: 14/06/2010

The customer service department doesn't even deserve a 1 star. Norman and
alight.com (plus size clothes)

Stacey very unprofessional and very rude. I purchased 3 sundress from them, they arrived on time, the quality was decent. I took them out of the bag, tried them on didn't fit, and placed back in bag. I returned the 3 sundress totally $147.00 according to instructions from the website. I recieved an email stating that I will be credited for -$72.00. I responded to the email and Stacey… Read Full Review

Ozcustomer's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I was about to buy something from them and your email has completely convinced me to stay away. I would hate to have an experience like yours.

regards

Australia

“Worst plus size online clothing site ever. Cheaply...”

Written on: 15/03/2010

Worst plus size online clothing site ever. Cheaply made clothing, horrible customer service. They don't seem to keep records of anything. Order 2 different things in the same size, they will fit differently due to everything being a different brand. When you return items expect to wait months for a refund. and you'll only get the refund if you call and remind them constantly. Oh and if anything is under 25 dollars forget about getting your money back, no, you're only given store credit to buy… Read Full Review

Rachelgreene11177's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2011

Wished I would have found and read these reviews prior to my order. I too, now have a "credit" on my account. Bet your bottom dollar that it will never get used. I sent them a letter telling them such. I'll just chalk this up to a learning experience. Thankful it's only $24.

“I will never place an order through this company again! ”

Written on: 20/11/2009 by emilydahlia77 (1 review written)

I will never place an order through this company again!
It wasn't until 5 days after placing an online order that it was processed, and we were called that the item I ordered was out of stock! The website definetely should have stated that upon ordering the item. We were charged for the item anyhow, and upon a second phonecall on if we would like to order anything else (with the funds they took from our credit card anyhow) my husband answered no. He wanted our money returned and with that the… Read Full Review

“Limited size availability, product not as pictured,...”

Written on: 13/05/2009 by JaToni (1 review written)

Limited size availability, product not as pictured, POOR customer service, item received damaged, no confirmation of return & did not uphold timeline for processing returns as stated on website. I would not order from Alight Plus Size Clothing again or recommend to anyone. Not worth the hassle… Read Full Review

“I don't think I will be shopping at Alight Plus Size...”

Written on: 13/03/2009 by RULost2 (1 review written)

I don't think I will be shopping at Alight Plus Size Clothing www.alight.com again and personally I would not recommend it to others. While the box arrived around the time that it was expected, the jacket arrived damaged (missing and dangling buttons) and in my experience customer service is lacking in every area. I have not heard back from them or received a credit, and it has been over a month since I returned the jacket… Read Full Review