Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 S Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 S - Ask a question now

“Bought the Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 S new. Done 150 000...”

Written on: 25/08/2009

Bought the Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 S new. Done 150 000 miles. Carries on going and going. Most practical vehicle I have had. Good for transporting the family, for transporting furniture, going to the recycling centre, transporting bikes etc etc. Very few minor problems in 12 years… Read Full Review

“ I don't think i will see it again - but - The...”

Written on: 15/01/2009 by amandatune (1 review written)

I don't think i will see it again - but - The Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 S has been a great car for 6 years with very few problems and strangely - i will miss it. It had done a lot of mileage but it seemed like it had plenty to go. I was hit very hard with my entire family in it and have to say it takes heavy knocks well!! - Although probabley written off, no one was hurt and it was still fit enough to drive home in. Can't put a price on your family's safety. Also its comfy, and has enough room… Read Full Review

“I purchased my Sharan in 2002 from a VW dealership...”

Written on: 01/07/2005 by chrispp007 (1 review written)

I purchased my Sharan in 2002 from a VW dealership being only 12 months old with 12,000 miles on the clock. The reason for purchase was that the family was growing and wanted something reliable!
I think most people expect to have a problem with their car in the future but not within 5 hours of delivery!
Perhaps my problem was that I had gone to VW in Norwich to purchase my vehicle. The main reason being that their second hand Sharans were around £2,000 cheaper than the Romford VW.
Then to deal… Read Full Review

279260_Logger's Response to 199973_chrispp007's Review

Written on: 21/02/2007

Given that Ford supply all the petrol engines and that the Sharan is built in Portugal (in collaboration with Ford) calling it a VW is extremely far fetched. I wouldn't recommend a Sharan - but neither would VW as they are trying to close the factory where they are built.
<br/>
<br/>When you say you wouldn't buy "another" VW - well there you might miss out...

“The VW Sharan 2.0 S is a Wonderfully versatile vehicle...”

Written on: 05/02/2004 by Paulus (1 review written)

The VW Sharan 2.0 S is a Wonderfully versatile vehicle with collosal amounts of room and practicality in spades. Amazing combination of seating arangements fast motorway cruising speeds, good breaking and cornering considering size and height. Loads of headroom. Poor specification lets it down though.

Would probably go for its sister MPV the Seat Alhambra becuase of higher spec next time… Read Full Review

“My motto; VW Sharan, poor product, poor service and...”

Written on: 19/03/2002 by vdbroek. (1 review written)

My motto; VW Sharan, poor product, poor service and poor repair station. Never again a VW!… Read Full Review

Arcenciel365.'s Response to 16416_vdbroek.'s Review

Written on: 14/06/2002

I totally agree with the trouble with VW Sharan. However I suggest that the present owner try Whites of Mitcham for service. The price probably won't be cheaper, but the service would be very good. That's my experience.
<br>Also try email VW Germany which I intend to do once I know the fault with my Sharon/oops Sharan!

Medina's Response to 16416_vdbroek.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2003

I have purchased a VW Sahran recently. I am very pleased with the performance and the standard of features of the vehicle, however i was a little disapointed when i telephoned for a service price from my local VW dealer...... a little on the high side i thought. But over all i am delighted with my Sharan!