Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric Reviews

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“Waste of time and money!”

Written on: 21/09/2013 by Duncan1946 (1 review written)

Bought this yesterday to help with hedge cuttings. Total waste of time and money. Does not cut even the smallest twigs, keeps jamming. Twigs go through without being cut, just stripped of leaves. The only way it damages a twig is to burn it with friction against the blade. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“Useless to an award winning degree!”

Written on: 11/07/2013 by bigdaddy.craig (2 reviews written)

I tried everything in this including blades of grass and dead flowers and nothing shreds or chips. This machine should win an award for the most useless piece of garden machinery EVER!… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“absolutely incredibly useless shredder”

Written on: 05/05/2013 by podthesod (1 review written)

Is this a toy? I was given one as a present - could not make it chip or shred the smallest twigs - sharpened the blades -checked all parts tried again .... absolutely useless! Would not recommend to anyone. Very badly designed and unfit for purpose in my view ... unless its purpose is as a garden ornament… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric shredder”

Written on: 12/08/2011 by Ilovestaffies (1 review written)

I wasted £30 I bought a lightly used one from Ebay this week. I tried shredding 10mm willow branches and burned out something inside after about 3 minutes. it started belching out smoke which smelt like burning rubber. Nothing about it is any good and the one star (terrible) rating that I`ve given it is too good in my opinion.No wonder I was the only bidder!… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“Thank God I was given this unit, if I had purchased it...”

Written on: 05/09/2010

Thank God I was given this unit, if I had purchased it I don't think I could live with the shame.
I looked up the price and spec's, I mean how bad could it be it looks to be good value for money.
Oh hang on a mo, some one just gave it to me "for no money" not even a swap or could you just do small job in return I should have smelled a rat then.
ALL the other comments about it are 100% true, jams and French polish's even the smallest of twigs, do your self a huge favor take half the money you… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“I agree with the other reviews on this PWR1800SA...”

Written on: 05/08/2010

I agree with the other reviews on this PWR1800SA garden shredder. I got one of these off Ebay this morning and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent - good job it was really cheap. The previous owner had used it for shredding hedge material and reckoned it did the job well enough. After half-an-hour struggling to get it to shred or chip anything (after all it is marketed as a Shredder & Chipper) I doubt if it would shred a jelly or chip a potato!

I fully endorse the other… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“I got the Performance Power PWR1800SA from ebay so I...”

Written on: 27/01/2008

I got the Performance Power PWR1800SA from ebay so I could mulch the twigs after cutting the garden hedge. From the very start I had nowt but trouble. Constant clogging n cleaning. Even when it did work the twigs n small branches just passed through. Tried replacing the blades, but to no avail. It awful... As stated by so many other users just keep away from it and buy a good quality one from a reputable manufacturer… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“The Performance Power has a very poor design with too...”

Written on: 16/09/2007 by Bedlam38 (1 review written)

The Performance Power has a very poor design with too much space between entry point and spinning blades, so branches slip past the blades and come out not much different to how they went in. Would be quicker to use a pair of scissors. Total waste of money… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“I agree with the other comments. If the branches are...”

Written on: 12/11/2006 by cwmiforphill (1 review written)

I agree with the other comments. If the branches are flexible, it bends them rather than shreds, and if the branches are rigid, it jams. It has the noise levels of a bull being castrated. The supplied plunger is useless; merely bending the branches further. I spent more time trying to unclog the Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric garden shredder than actually shredding, it got so bad. I disabled the interlock, but I have now given up, and it is awaiting its destiny - the skip. It is… Read Full Review

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric

“Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric - After...”

Written on: 09/10/2004 by Giallograle (1 review written)

Performance Power PWR1800SA 1800w Electric - After using this machine for 20 minutes I had to take it apart to unjam it, and every 15-20 minutes thereafter, so having pored over the mechanism I think I can safely say that there is very little about its design that is right.

The design is a spinning disk with two slots containing blades at right angles to the gravity-fed chute. The chute is narrow at the top, and even narrower at the bottom, so if you use the plunger to try to force material… Read Full Review

197977_Ciaransynnott's Response to 173474_Giallograle's Review

Written on: 16/06/2005

Also purchased the above - same bad experience - do not touch this shredder!!!

Tomc's Response to 173474_Giallograle's Review

Written on: 09/09/2005

Bought one of the Performance Power shredders on ebay for a fiver, £5 too much in my opinion. Spent 70% of my time unblocking, after 2 hours work I had broken the cheap plastic hopper in two places. Avoid unless all you have is 15mm dried straight twigs!

Pslaidler's Response to 173474_Giallograle's Review

Written on: 09/08/2005

I was given one of these for free by a disillusioned owner who bought a Bosch instead.
<br>Even free it isn't worth the money! After cleaning and sharpening the machine I used it for 15 minutes and then took it to the tip!
<br>Avoid like the plague.