Brindabella Airlines Reviews

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Brindabella Airlines - Ask a question now

“I would rather WALK to Canberra”

Written on: 05/12/2013

Following a steadily declining "service" over the last 7 years, I finally decided to break up with Brindabella this year. I refuse to let my company pay a ridiculous amount to get me from Newcastle to Canberra. I could fly to Melbourne or Queensland three times for the cost. As a captive audience, Brindabella feel they can treat you poorly, leave you behind, cancel your flight without so much as an SMS, fail to call your flight or leave you stranded until 10pm because they are too stubborn to… Read Full Review

“Never Trust Brindabella Airlines”

Written on: 05/12/2013

We had been warned several times how "UNRELIABLE" Brindabella Airlines is, but we were foolish enough to go ahead and book a flight. NEVER AGAIN !!!!! The booking was made over a month ago, with the Brindabella website showing seats available Christmas Day and Boxing Day. It seemed ideal, having only Christmas Day and Boxing Day off from work. It was the perfect way to get home for Christmas. We should have known better, but when flights and times are advertised, you trust that they will go… Read Full Review

Charliebaltimore's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2013

Brindabella should be grounded, and the routes opened up for a small airline who can meet their commitments and not treat paying customers like RUBBISH. The sheer arrogance of Brindabella management is boggling.

Groundcoffee's Comment

I agree.
They continue to delay or cancel flights without any consideration of the business or family commitments of any passengers, and do not even bother to give advance notice.
The only time there isn't a delay is accepting everyones money when we make bookings, for a flight that will be late or not even get off the ground.
They are completely unreliable!!!!!!!!

“How can this be a business?”

Written on: 04/12/2013

I wouldn't even award this airline a star if it was possible. My husband had an entire day of appointments in Sydney and booked a one-way flight from Moree. We live in a remote area and did not get the reschedule SMS until we were leaving at 6am for a 9am flight. As I had to drive him there and then back to work, we had were left with a quandary. Thankfully one of his appointments was to pick up a car in Sydney so he didn't have to deal with Brindabella again. Never, never again. I wondered… Read Full Review

“Do they call this a business?”

Written on: 01/12/2013

From their website they take no liability for delays, cancellations, lost baggage. So do they report to anyone? There is nowhere on the website to email or send a complaint to. I waited over 20 minutes to talk to them and then they gave out an email address. Six months ago against family advice we booked 6 seats on Christmas day and found out via a family member only 2 days ago that they would not be flying on the day. Were they going to let us know????? Lets see how long before we get… Read Full Review

“Terrible airline”

Written on: 27/11/2013 by Tommy_tom (1 review written)

In the past month I have had two flights from Orange to Sydney at 8:50am cancelled at the last minute. Obviously this really stuffs up my plans as I have connecting flights in both cases. On the second occasion, I rang up the day before the flight to check if the flight was still going and it was only then when they told me it was cancelled. Were they going to ring, or just wait until we rocked up at the airport? I also jumped onto their website after they told me it was cancelled and saw that… Read Full Review

Charliebaltimore's Response to Tommy_tom's Review

Written on: 05/12/2013

They can't even be bothered with an SMS, let alone ring you. They don't care.

“worst airline ever”

Written on: 10/11/2013

Got to the check on time after original flight was cancelled the day before. They stuffed up the booking, they then told me it was delayed AGAIN and then they stuffed up the credit card right infront of me. Whe I said "gee you re on fire today" the little germ behind the counter who I beleive to be xavier said " I dont like your smartarse comments and if you keep it up I will call the federal police and have you escorted form the airport." I then asked for his name, and he refused to supply… Read Full Review

Charliebaltimore's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2013

Oh... the threats! Yes, that's another unprofessional and delightful tactic. If you speak up about their poor service or DARE to make a joke about it, they will wheel out the threats.

“Where do I start ”

Written on: 08/11/2013 by Northwestslopes (1 review written)

Brindabella airlines here we go again. My partner and I have become regular flyers over the past couple of months and this brindabella airlines as they call themselves are nothing but a major disappointment to the rural people of the north west slopes and plane. Don't ever book a flight with this airline. They are a major stuff up I can not wait for them to go broke and another airline takes over. Delay upon delay upon delay . That's there favourite word delayed or… Read Full Review

“Delayed flight”

Written on: 07/11/2013 by bw3574 (1 review written)

I booked a morning brindabella Narrabri-Sydney return flight to make a medical appointment at 11.30am in Sydney the same day. I booked it (against advice from friends etc) due to convinience and price. The day before the flight I received a text msg from brindabella advising that the flight would not be leaving Narrabri until 11.30am due to operational problems! I contacted the customer service rep who told me the only solution would be to drive to moree and fly from there. Based on this… Read Full Review

“Can Brindabella get any worse”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by Rob_in_Sydney (1 review written)

Sydney to Narrabri - Arrived 41 minutes before departure told flight closed and the staff couldn't give a stuff. Paid for another flight at 2.30pm sitting here waiting, it is delayed and staff couldn't give a stuff and don't know why. On the way to the airport for the 2.30pm flight receive a text from Brindabella (more than 30 hours) before my return flight tomorrow (Friday) that the flight is already delayed 2.5 hours already. CAN THEY SEE THE FUTURE If it is delayed another 25 minutes it… Read Full Review

Charliebaltimore's Response to Rob_in_Sydney's Review

Written on: 05/12/2013

Short answer, no they cant get any worse. ABC Radio Newcastle reports on them every day. And the bad planes and unreliable service is one thing, it's the "couldn't give a stuff" attitude that is really the icing on the cake. The rudeness of the staff and the refusal of the CEO to respond to any media enquiries. Sheer arrogance.

“Long delays or never flying”

Written on: 01/10/2013 by Cobarite (1 review written)

After 2 years of being stuck flying with Brindabella they have officially received the worst airline award from me! The are always cancelling flights, delaying flights and making customers sit in the cabin on hot days with no air-conditioning for over an hour whilst waiting on the tarmac! I dont understand how a business can be run like this! The plane is just as bad-looks like it needs to be retired. The seats hurt your back but there is a bit of leg room. Overall its a dodgy excuse for an… Read Full Review

“Expensive Unreliable Uncomfortable”

Written on: 31/08/2013

Last minute cancellations Very expensive flights Incredibly uncomfortable seats And for all the BS by pilots and unions about the 'security risk of regional airports' they fly with the cabin door open. Nice… Read Full Review

“Unreliability plus”

Written on: 19/08/2013

Commuting to Sydney from Mudgee and return is now a joke thanks to the last minute cancellations and delays from this unreliable airline. Two cancellations within 5 days and no explanation given. Plus a technical fault delay the week prior. Come back Rex (remember them on this route); come back Aeropelican--all is forgiven. The word from other passengers elsewhere is much the same sad story and indeed the customer reservations staff confirm it isn't just Mudgee that's being affected by… Read Full Review

“I travel a lot with my job all over the world and this...”

Written on: 09/01/2011 by watoonline (1 review written)

I travel a lot with my job all over the world and this flight was without doubt one of the worst flights of my life, the seat was absolutely the very worst seat I have sat in on a commercial airline, even worse than some of the "Eastern Block" and 3rd world country airlines I have flown on.
The flight was extremely late and I can accept that often unforseen circumstances do delay flights, that is the nature of the game however I missed 2 flights because Brindabella were not even able to… Read Full Review

Srjames1966's Response to watoonline's Review

Written on: 25/04/2013

I agree.After sending me an sms that they would be 2 hours late,i had to quickly arrange a flight from dubbo(orange its oringal departure point)....no help from the airline when i call them.....may they go broke!!!!