Buy A Car Reviews - www.buyacar.co.uk

• Customer service

Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk

Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk

“A great way to buy a car”

Written on: 18/12/2015 by Georgia1953 (1 review written)

Just bought a used car from buyacar and I couldn't be happier. Excellent service and very convenient having the car delivered to my door… Read Full Review

“Great way to purchase”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by ylHayden388 (1 review written)

Just took delivery of a used car from buyacar and couldn't be more pleased. Excellent service and so nice to have the car delivered to home… Read Full Review

“Amazing!!”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by Haydenkc201 (1 review written)

Really happy with my new car, great price, great customer service, The whole process from start to finish has been amazing. I have already recommended Buyacar to friends Thank you from a very happy customer!! … Read Full Review

“Highly recommended!”

Written on: 18/11/2015 by brianredding (1 review written)

This is the 2nd time I have used buyacar and I can honestly say that I have no reservations in recommending this company to anyone. I first bought a brand new factory ordered car via buyacar in 2011 and have just purchased a nearly new car with them. The whole experience from placing the order to getting the car delivered was a really simple and pleasant experience. I must mention Arthur the Sales guy who contacted me the day after I made a query online and was extremely helpful in getting my… Read Full Review

“Excellent service!!”

Written on: 17/11/2015 by emertonc (1 review written)

I was a bit aprehensive as I had never purchased a car online before. However after being let down by a garage I have used for years I decided to try Buyacar. Not only are their prices extremely competitive but the service I received was excellent and the whole process has been swift. I must mention that the lady on customer services has been so helpful both before and after I received my car. She has answered any questions Ive had and nothing has been too much trouble. I will deffinately be… Read Full Review

“As easy as it gets”

Written on: 16/11/2015 by johnW132 (1 review written)

I have bought my last 2 cars using this website and I have found it easy, straightforward and so convenient. This is the place if you don`t want to spend weekends visiting forecourts and talking to salesmen. A vast choice with enough information to make a decision without being overwhelmed. Probably not for the car enthusiast or if you are looking for something unique but most makes and models at good prices delivered to your door. Biggest downside I suppose is no test drive but having been on… Read Full Review

“Excellent service A*”

Written on: 14/11/2015 by ThomasAgy (1 review written)

Very happy with the service provided, cannot fault them at all. Constant contact to keep me updated throughout the process. Website was very easy to use, process is not tedious at all. Any questions I had were dealt with quickly and with no fuss. She was always helpful and a pleasure to work with. Once payment was made a delivery date was arranged and the car arrive on the day and was exactly as described (excellent condition) Would definitely recommend; A* service. Thank you… Read Full Review

“very poor communication”

Written on: 10/11/2015 by GiadaMurray441 (1 review written)

The main strength of the company is the discount on the car prices they negotiate. It is a very good saving. Before making an order there is lots of information and communication but once the order is made the communication deteriorates. I ordered a new £20,000 car in June, which had a delivery date of October. I was not contacted by anybody before the delivery date. When I phoned to find out what was happening I was told they did not know and that they were waiting for a response from the… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/11/2015

If they fail to deliver threaten them with court action for breach of contract. They tried to fob me off several times and stated that they could re-order the vehicle but I would have to pay the increased price. I had to commence court action and they finally delivered the vehicle, to the spec ordered and original price before the case actually went to court. If your order was for a facyory order vehicle, obtain quotes from several dealers for the exact same specification. If it went to court you would sue for the difference bewteen the Buyacar price and the lowest dealer price.

Carbuyer1234's Comment

Written on: 08/12/2015

That is exactly what they have done - I ordered the car 6 months ago now - I still have no delivery date and they have now told me they have increased the price by an extra £1300. This company is a sham - they phoned me today and never mentioned the increased price but then sent me an email with it in. I would stay well away from this company. Communication is little beyond none, they do not do what they say, they do not deliver within the timescale given, they increase the price 6 months after the order is made. I am going to have no choice now but to take court action because I will not be blackmailed into paying a higher price.

Written on: 17/12/2015

Do not listen to Buyacar's excuses. Your contract is with Buyacar and not the dealer or manufacturer. It is for Buyacar to honour that contract made with you. It is Buyacars responsibility to limit their own liability with their suppliers and there should be no detriment to the consumer or this could be considered "unfair" under the contract. Consumers have more protection in contracts and if taking court action I would point out that "Guidance for the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts
Regulations 1999" is worth reading and of course seek legal advice. Good luck and I hope you manage to resolve without having the stress of court action.

Written on: 17/12/2015

You can also get some excellent free advice from the LegalBeagles website

Written on: 17/12/2015

I would also recommend that you request written proof of when the order was placed by the dealer with the manufacturer..................Buyacar couldn't produce this from their supplier when I requested it therefore I alleged that the order had not been placed by the dealer at the time I placed my order with Buyacar. It is for Buyacar to prove "due diligence" that the order was placed with the dealer, and then the dealer with the manufacturer. Although my case is quite different from yours the principles are the same.

Buyacar.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 14/12/2015

We understand our customer's frustration with regard to their order, and share their frustration over the manner in which information relating to the order was passed to us by our Hyundai supplying dealer. The Hyundai I800 in question was ordered in late June 2015, and we quoted around 16-18 weeks for delivery as advised by our supplying dealer. However, shortly after this, Hyundai closed production for the model ordered owing in part to concerns over whether the vehicle met Euro 6 legislation for the engine. The model was then relaunched with an upgraded engine, as well as further upgrades and changes, including Bluetooth and a new central console display. This relaunched 2015MY vehicle was subject to a price increase by the manufacturer of £1325. Regrettably, we did not receive information regarding the upgrade from Hyundai until early December, when our supplying dealer was able to provide us with the new specification and price - before this, we had been asking for updates on the production of the car without being aware either that the vehicle ordered would not ever be built, or that the new model was both delayed and more expensive. We were simply told that no information was currently available, which was the information available to our dealer from Hyundai. We obviously appreciate that this causes frustration and a lack of trust, given that the order was also by this point over the original estimated lead time. We do make clear in our Terms and Conditions that should any manufacturer change the price, specification or model year of any vehicle, then the customer will have the choice to either accept changes to specification and price or to receive a refund. We did inform the customer of the changes in specification and the price increase as soon as this information was received; we also subsequently offered to supply the new model for an increase of £1000 as a goodwill gesture (which would have meant that we made a loss on the order) as we felt that the delayed manner in which we received updates from our Hyundai dealer had caused our customer service to fall short of our usual standards. However, our customer chose not to accept this. We do of course take issues such as this extremely seriously, and would invite the customer to contact us if they wish to discuss this any further.

Written on: 13/01/2016

Very poor excuse and a good job this wasn't my vehicle order! I would have been contacting Hyundai directly to see if the order was ever placed in the first instance..........which I doubt as happened in my case albeit a Vauxhall. In any case a reasonable manufacturer would honour orders already accepted which were then subject to change as a gesture of good will . As aolso stated above, in Consumer Contracts the consumer has more rights and people should be aware and use them.

Written on: 13/01/2016

“WOW! This is how to Buy a Car”

Written on: 18/10/2015 by Olsonbp1983 (1 review written)

We had a faultless service from buyacar.co.uk, and a fantastic deal! The service is so convenient, everything is managed for you right from the initial contact to the delivery of our vehicle, we had excellent service and communication from the company. The staff members that we were dealing with were polite, informative and courteous. Our trade in was competitively valued (could have been more of course...) but the vehicle we were purchasing was offered to us at a price that was lower than… Read Full Review

“avoid buyacar”

Written on: 04/09/2015

Don't bother with buyacar I phoned them told them I wanted to buy a certain car and had already had my car valued by them. They then have the valuation rechecked by one of their underwriters, who was so slow in responding that the car i wanted was sold to someone else AND buyacar didn't have the decency to tell me until I rang them to ask for an update… Read Full Review

Buyacar.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2015

From Buyacar.co.uk: -

We are sorry to receive this review, and that the customer feels that we did not inform them quickly enough. The enquiry for the car was made on the same day that the customer was informed that the car was sold, so there was little delay; the wait of a few hours was not due to our underwriting process, but rather to a delay from our supplying dealer in informing us that the car was sold. It is regrettable that the customer called for an update so soon after we received this unfortunate news, thus denying us the opportunity to inform them, as we of course otherwise would have.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 03/07/2015 by Freddyn340 (1 review written)

The site was very easy to use, and once I had chosen my car, the staff were really helpful. Everything happened really quickly, and I love my new Kia. I would recommend this company to all… Read Full Review

“Great Value and Excellent Customer Service”

Written on: 10/06/2015 by Aleca187 (1 review written)

At first I was a bit hesitant to buy from buyacar as no one has heard of them however once I spoke to an adviser who was very patient as I called the office pretty much every day for a week!! (Sorry) he answered all my queries and any doubts I had in a professional manner, I finally decided to go ahead with my order. They kept me updated step by step with emails and phone calls to let me know what was going on with my order and finally delivered my car on time. The only downside I had was… Read Full Review

“Excellent customer service throughout”

Written on: 14/05/2015 by howiebartrip (1 review written)

Great customer sevice from start to finish, from sourcing a replacement vehicle at a better price than the original one I opted for through to chasing down my finance documents when I sent them the wrong place like an idiot… Read Full Review

Cynicalmark's Response to howiebartrip's Review

Written on: 26/05/2015

Tell us abut your car then Howie. Are you for real

Howiebartrip's reply to Cynicalmark's Comment

Written on: 27/05/2015

I am indeed 'for real'. Buyacar supplied me with a three year old IX35, FSH and immaculate throughout. If there is any specific aspect of their service you are interested in please let me know.

Cynicalmark's reply to Howiebartrip's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2015

Howie you say you sent documents to the wrong address - what documents were they? Why did Buyacar find you are replacement vehicle? Was the original one you wanted not available

Howiebartrip's reply to Cynicalmark's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2015

The documents were proof of adress for arranging finance, including a passport - so tracking them down for me was a real relief. Buyacar had to find a replacement vehicle as the one originally selected was sold by the dealer direct before finance was confirmed. This was done within a matter of hours, they actualy found two similar vehicles for me to choose from.

As I said, great service throughout.

“Easy, Flexible and Affordable”

Written on: 13/05/2015 by jc32 (1 review written)

I was looking for a relatively low cost second hand car. BuyACar had incredibly cheap deals that I couldn't really be rivalled elsewhere. Overall they had quite a decent range of vehicles available. Upon choosing my car I was able to receive it within a week. The staff at BuyACar were accommodating allowing me to alter the delivery date and location a few times. I found that all of may communication with BuyACar was really positive along every step. The clincher in terms of overall… Read Full Review

Cynicalmark's Response to jc32's Review

Written on: 26/06/2015

If you got the car "within a week" why did you need to "change the delivery date and location a few times" Are you for real JC 32?

“Got there in the end”

Written on: 11/05/2015

Having not purchased via the Internet before I read the reviews and thought I'd take a chance. So I ordered the vehicle ... a Tekna spec Nissan Qashqai at the end of September 14 and received it at the beginning of March 15. So six months wait, when I paid the £500 deposit the site told me the wait would be 7 weeks. I didn't mind the wait, I had a 4x4 and it was winter, but I would have liked a bit more communication throughout the process which is poor and after a while you begin to feel… Read Full Review

Cynicalmark's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2015

You say you "probably" saved 3-4k in comparison to a dealer. Didn't you negotiate a price with the dealer first before you went to Buyacar? In which case you would know exactly what you saved. Are you for real?

Scamcatcher's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2015

I think 6 months wait is disgraceful when they promised 7 weeks. This is typical of buyacar, once they have your deposit then they put you on the back burner. Did you try going to Nissan dealers. I'm sure you would have got your car immediately with a 3-4K saving

Scamcatcher's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2015

“Glad I took the risk”

Written on: 11/05/2015

It felt risky spending £8K on a used vehicle I'd not seen - but it proved to be no risk at all. An extremely smooth process only marred by the fact that the dealer had failed to remove from the site the car on which I first placed a deposit - so in fact if was no longer for sale. I wanted a more or less identical car and this was sourced for me within 24 hours and I took delivery 7 days later. Would probably been 5 stars but the car should have a car pass which was missing and although… Read Full Review

“Excellent service”

Written on: 11/05/2015 by Sallygibbins (1 review written)

Bought a company car through Buy A Car - excellent service, helpful staff and I was kept well informed of the progress through to the delivery. Delivery was efficient and the car in perfect condition. No complaints in any way. The car was very good value and the price couldn't be beaten anywhere… Read Full Review

“Happy customer”

Written on: 06/05/2015 by 101Cox (1 review written)

After a accident when my car was written off I needed a car quickly. I found the buy a car site and from there it was plain sailing. After becoming a bit confused by the filters on the site I used the phone number and was delighted to have someone on the other end who listened and quickly located a car which fitted my requirements. I paid the deposit, forwarded the funds and 5 days later the car was delivered. Fast, efficient and friendly!… Read Full Review

“Buying an SLK”

Written on: 01/05/2015 by DustinFlood (1 review written)

Bought car through Buyacar. Got 20%discount off list price. Buyacar process was very easy and they were very responsive to questions etc. I signed up to buy, I paid my £1000 deposit and they nominated a Mrec dealer straightway. The dealer was in touch within a day or so and gave me estimated build and delivery dates. I changed a spec item a couple weeks into process and this was not a problem to dealer. Car was built on time and delivered early....so I got my car couple of weeks earlier than I… Read Full Review

“A few blips on the journey, but worth it in the end”

Written on: 29/04/2015 by MartinF57 (1 review written)

I looked at several internet new car suppliers, and decided upon BUYACAR because they seemed to offer the best price for my intended Nissan X-Trail. I took the plunge and ordered it and paid my deposit (in early Jan 2015). Then the wait. In March I asked for an update and was told that I could not have the car in the colour I requested unless I waited another 13 weeks for a re-order. Baffling that, but I was offered an alternative colour which would be available within 10 days or so, or a third… Read Full Review