The Peacock, Oakerthorpe, Alfreton Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Peacock, Oakerthorpe, Alfreton - Ask a question now

“Bad steaks”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by po51old (1 review written)

we have some friends over from Australia and decided to go for a meal at the Peacock Oakerthorpe,having heard it was very nice.How wrong we were.we ordered our meal of four steaks all we were told from Derbyshire,our steaks duly arrived,very nicely presented,I had my first taste of my steak and thought funny taste my second piece did not improve,as i had a T bone i tried a piece from the other side of the bone,it was inedible it smelt awful.trying to keep our guests happy and relaxed i got the… Read Full Review

“first time visit”

Written on: 16/02/2014

Had lunch at peacock 14.2.14 enjoyed it immensely.staff excellent, food superb… Read Full Review

“Very disappointed”

Written on: 04/08/2013 by chrissy125 (1 review written)

Just had lunch, 4th August 2013.We both had steak and was not given steak knives, when asked if we would like anything else I asked for butter, as I had jacket potato, which never arrived and my husband had the stilton sauce which had something very long and gunky in it. The waiter said it was probably some unmelted cheese but couldn't be sure. The food was nothing special and definitely not worth the price. The service leaves a lot to be desired either very slow or none existent… Read Full Review