North Gate Inn A361 South Molton Reviews

Media Gallery for North Gate Inn A361 South Molton

North Gate Inn A361 South Molton
North Gate Inn A361 South Molton

“awful never go back”

Written on: 02/09/2012 by biggernit (1 review written)

on the 27th june 2012 my husband and i stopped to have dinner at this place,the place was empty not a soul in there,i had just had an op on the top of my leg at exeter and could not bend it,itried to sit at a table for two but found the seat had lowered in the middle and the chair had a raised rim which hurt my leg,bear in mind as i said the place was empty.i then sat on a larger table which had a bench and i could stretch out my leg,i was told i could not sit there as it was a table for six i… Read Full Review

“DISGUSTING”

Written on: 20/06/2012 by NikkiLu (1 review written)

We are just back from our holiday in Devon and we had the misfortune to eat at the North Gate Inn, I really wish i had read the earlier review before we went as it was by far the worst meal we have ever had, the food was so bad that most of it was returned, it was barely cooked, greasey, only luke warm and generally disgusting!! As the last reviewer we just paid and left as soon as we could but hope to save other people the experience. … Read Full Review

“Dirty and under cooked. DO NOT GO IN!”

Written on: 26/04/2012 by Wilkinson2010 (1 review written)

My mother, friend and myself ordered two sausage naps and a bacon bap. A chap on another table had just sent back his egg because it was off. Our table was dirty, cutlery was dirty and the menus were visibly greasy and extremely dirty. The place looks run down and in need of a deep clean. Our food arrive ( by the only member of waiting staff there) and it was cold and not cooked. I have never been served raw bacon roll before, erkkkk. When I pointed out that the food was not cooked, the staff… Read Full Review

“The North Gate Inn generally serves good food. The...”

Written on: 02/04/2010 by frogbrains (4 reviews written)

The North Gate Inn generally serves good food. The carvery is enjoyable, with a wide range of meat and vegetables usually available. However, I have never once had a roast dinner there when the potatoes were cooked properly. They are never, ever crisp and fluffy, like they should be, but nearly always soggy. That loses one mark, as good roast potatoes are a must in any carvery. The other star lost is for desserts, which are almost always disappointing. Most of the desserts look and taste… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to frogbrains's Review

Written on: 07/01/2012

Obviously they see "complaining you" arrive and sabatage your potatoes. My Apple crumble was yummy and a huige helping with lovely creamy custard.

“I visit here when I go to my elderly parents. It is...”

Written on: 17/01/2010

I visit here when I go to my elderly parents. It is ideal for all of the family - my young children and elderly parents. It offers basic English food at a reasonable price with large portions. It is not upmarket but has straighforward and friendly service. Tables are fairly close together and it can get crowded. It has a very large clientele and high turnover of people. Childrens playarea and large car park with disabled parking near door. No steps so you can take a wheelchair in… Read Full Review

“Under cooked, over priced. the staff couldn't care...”

Written on: 20/08/2009

Under cooked, over priced. the staff couldn't care less about the customer. Decor is like a cheap diner not the pub it looks like from outside, never ever eat in North Gate Inn. poor choice of beer's, dirty… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/06/2011

What Rubbish. I live 18 miles away and use this eatery on a regular basis. Friendly staff great food from local suppliers.
As for looking like a pub?? Its a converted Little Chef.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2012

That was when it was a Happy little chef eatery ha ha, today its very fine place to dine, and reasonable.
The best carvery that I have ever eaten at ! Choice of 8 veggies and 3 meats.

“Excellent food - excellent choice - particularly wide...”

Written on: 18/05/2009 by Daish (1 review written)

Excellent food - excellent choice - particularly wide choice of very well cooked vegetables - delicious carvery with good size portions. Attractive presentation. Immaculately clean. Pleasant staff and super efficient service. Reasonable prices - in short the 'North Gate Inn' A361 South Molton an excellent family restaurant with plenty of comfortable seating and parking… Read Full Review

“We had been told the North Gate Inn was the place to...”

Written on: 09/11/2008 by Devonian Trevor (1 review written)

We had been told the North Gate Inn was the place to go for the carvery and although we only live a few miles away had not visited before. Now we know what we were missing so will definitely go again. Luckily we only live a few miles away.
We had booked a table and were shown to a comfortable waiting area on our arrival but we did not have to wait many minutes before a table was ready for us.
The place was very busy on our arrival but tables were cleaned and laid up as soon as they were… Read Full Review

“We had spent a weekend camping near Ilfracombe &...”

Written on: 06/05/2008 by CaptainInsano (10 reviews written)

We had spent a weekend camping near Ilfracombe & couldn't wait to try North Gate Inn again. We took friends this time & they were equally impressed with the food & service. One of the finest carveries we have ever had. Try it, you won't be disappointed!… Read Full Review

“Overall an amazing set-up combining excellent friendly...”

Written on: 23/12/2007 by madmetterz (1 review written)

Overall an amazing set-up combining excellent friendly service and amazing food that you do not expect as you walk in!! Highly recommended… Read Full Review

“A gem in the North Devon countryside. Just off the the...”

Written on: 07/05/2007 by CaptainInsano (10 reviews written)

A gem in the North Devon countryside. Just off the the A361 at South Molton. A warm welcome even with our children present , exceptional service & the finest food. Faultless. I just wish we lived a little closer!… Read Full Review

Madmetterz's Response to CaptainInsano's Review

Written on: 23/12/2007

I found this review about the North Gate Inn in South Molton helpful because...it was

Guest's Response to CaptainInsano's Review

Written on: 21/07/2012

family and myself live local (thank goodness) to the north gate and return for the carvery regularly i have yet to find better, always served with a smile and conversation the owner mingles around the tables asking you if all is ok all the while keeping his staff alert to peoples needs. i would and have recomended this place to anyone that enjoys good food at a good price. one thing to remember if your going book a table and no snacking before hand or you will regret it !!