Qualcast Concorde 32 Reviews

Qualcast Concorde 32 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Qualcast Concorde 32

“Comcorde 32 meltdown”

Written on: 24/06/2013 by plumberatwork (1 review written)

Looks nice and and initially gives nice stripes. My last concorde lasted 20years but this one is knackered after minimal use over 5 years. As others have mentioned, this lawnmower eventually blocks up the air intake, is difficult to clean,chews grass and will eventually burnout the motor's rear bearing and bearing holder if you are unlucky.A replacement motor will cost almost as much as a new lawnmower. Buy from a different manufacturer… Read Full Review

“very badly designed”

Written on: 31/05/2013 by clippings (1 review written)

I bought a BOSCH CONCORDE 32 which turned out be eactly the same as my neighbours QUALCAST lawn mower exept for the logo's and we are both having difficulty removing grass cuttings from the air vents as there seems to be no way removing the casing to get the grass cuttings out.Anyone any sugestions… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“Dreadful design let down by poor quality build”

Written on: 12/05/2012 by Trenchfoot (2 reviews written)

The Good: Cheap enough to buy The Bad: Very poor. The old models were far better, this is just rubbish. Cuts very poorly, knocks the grass down rather than cuts it, and if the grass is even slightly damp, it won't lift the cuttings into the hopper. It also doesnt cut the grass level - one side is always higher than the other. Sadly there seem no alternatives out there. The Bosch offering is the same machine with a different motor. I have had mine several years and long to find another better… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“This mower sprays grass everywhere, the motor air vent...”

Written on: 05/05/2010

This mower sprays grass everywhere, the motor air vent becomes choked with cuttings each time it is used and is impossible to clear. The front grass box means that corners have to be cut by hand. I bought this item half price in Argos sale and consider that I still paid too much. I would not wish this tool on anyone… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/07/2011

To remove the top cover of the Concorde 32 mower for cleaning out grass clippings or to change the filter undo the two screws to be found under the Concorde label at the front of the machine.Remove two screws holding the rear cover. and the single screw holding on the drive cover .T20 torque wrench.The top motor cover can then be lifted off to enable cleaning.

Qualcast Concorde 32

“When I first had the Qualcast Concorde 32 i thought...”

Written on: 06/09/2009

When I first had the Qualcast Concorde 32 i thought ..where are the heavy steel quality parts my father had, but when i used it i found it to be light, quiet and cuts excellent. You do need a flat lawn but it provides a perfect stripped lawn. Drawback in my opinion is the plastic catcher has to be emptied quite often, unless you cut the lawn at least twice a week. I just cut mine now after 2 weeks it was struggling a bit but then the grass was over 4" long! I do also have a flymo hover for the… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I was given a Concorde 32 in 2000 from a neighbour who...”

Written on: 03/08/2009

I was given a Concorde 32 in 2000 from a neighbour who was moving to spain. As I was aware at that time, there was no such model by qualcast as a 'Concorde 32'. Still back then, you could buy the little Concorde 30 and the 'XR' rear collection mowers. I dont own this anymore, but i am sure my concorde 32 was different to this bigger one. Mine was a double of the Concorde 30. It was small, green, slim not bulky, and was superb to use. In fact looking at the Concorde 30 to compare with mine, the… Read Full Review

291866_Pleasant's Comment

Written on: 06/08/2009

I found this review not helpful because...this review seems surreal to me.

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I have had this mower for about 5 years and every year...”

Written on: 20/05/2009 by hopper32 (1 review written)

I have had this mower for about 5 years and every year I just wish the motor would blow up and I could buy a new mower (not a Concorde 32).
From day one the trigger has bitten the fleshy part of my palm. The motor compartment became so full of grass cuttings I consider it to be a positive fire hazard. There are no instructions in the owner's manual but last week I managed to partially remove the motor cover and clean out the tinder like clippings. I took some pictures and plan to send them to… Read Full Review

291866_Pleasant's Response to hopper32's Review

Written on: 21/05/2009

Just because a lawnmower is not economical to service shouldn't really be classified as a bad point. If you want a mower that is worth servicing then buy a dearer mower if you want, but don't knock it just because it's a cheap mower and to get it serviced would render it uneconomical- some people would rate that as a positive that it's a cheap mower.

Hopper32's Response to hopper32's Review

Written on: 22/05/2009

The faults that I have highlighted haven't just occured, they have been there since day one. That said, £70 for one season's mowing isn't good enough in anyone's reckoning.

291866_Pleasant's Response to hopper32's Review

Written on: 21/05/2009

I found this review unhelpful because...you simply cannot state something that costs around £70 that has lasted 5 years without fault is not "good value for money" I cannot think of any other appliance that costs so little yet gets such abuse and people expect it to last for more than 5 years. £70 is a meal for two with a good bottle of wine....and exactly how long does that last!.

Qualcast Concorde 32

“Had this Qualcast Concorde 32 about 6 years and it was...”

Written on: 17/09/2008 by Johngw (1 review written)

Had this Qualcast Concorde 32 about 6 years and it was not over used as I also use a rotary model and a hand mower (8o years old).
Now the Concord only cuts at the edges and forgets the grass in the middle.
Two local service agents don't want to know saying any repair would only last a few years and it would be cheaper to buy a new model… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I suppose I was careless with my Qualcast Concorde 32...”

Written on: 17/09/2008 by alban6253 (1 review written)

I suppose I was careless with my Qualcast Concorde 32 in not spotting the fatal stone this summer, but it seems the structure is not strong enough to withstand this kind of thing. Worse, the cylinder is obviously of mediocre quality steel and buckles very easily. A new cylinder costs nearly as much as I paid for the whole machine, and even the bracket I need and its associated screws are ridiculously expensive (90 pence for 1 screw, for instance!) Next season I will be looking at something… Read Full Review

291866_Pleasant's Response to alban6253's Review

Written on: 27/03/2009

One does wonder why they are referred to as lawn mowers and not stone cutters.<br/><br/>Maybe Qualcast should re-name it a stone cutter and you wouldn't have a complaint.

Qualcast Concorde 32

“Well my problems had started ever since the day I went...”

Written on: 07/09/2008

Well my problems had started ever since the day I went into argos and bought a Qualcast Concorde 32 earlier this year. I payed a somewhat £79.99 for this which is not that cheap. I own a Qualcast Concorde XR-35, which worked superbly all the way back since I bought it in 1994. Each time I used the XR-35 the lawn looked lovely when finished, although last summer I used it and I think the belt snapped, as I was going up the garden I heard a pop sound and then the motor went all crazy though to… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“What a task to cut the lawn. In the present climate...”

Written on: 02/09/2008 by thanxvermillion (1 review written)

What a task to cut the lawn. In the present climate you are lucky to get an hour without rain so we struggle to get enough time to cut the grass. It is then very disappointing when you cut it that it constantly stops and gets clogged up. The grass box on the front mean't you couldn't get anywhere near the edges. It is also so small it would fill up extremely quickly. We abandoned the grass box and I followed my husband around with the rake!! What a task. We would have to set aside a whole… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I have had this Qualcast Concorde 32 mower since last...”

Written on: 25/05/2008 by fatherted01 (2 reviews written)

I have had this Qualcast Concorde 32 mower since last year and its falling apart. The plastic is breaking and I think I will have to buy a replacement… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“The Qualcast Concorde 32 gives a poor cut, little...”

Written on: 08/05/2008

The Qualcast Concorde 32 gives a poor cut, little power. Pulls the grass out the ground rather than cuts it. Dreadful… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I would recommend this model of lawnmower to anyone...”

Written on: 06/05/2008 by Blademan (1 review written)

I would recommend this model of lawnmower to anyone who is physically challenged who requires a lightweight one, I would say it was ideal for elderly people who can't manage anything too heavy… Read Full Review

376440_Kane Mather's Response to 364595_Blademan's Review

Written on: 24/06/2008

I found this a good review as it made it clear that this is not the kind of lawnmower my garden would suit.

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I mowed 3 strips and the belt broke and I've been...”

Written on: 08/03/2008 by dannster (1 review written)

I mowed 3 strips and the belt broke and I've been quoted '£38 + parts and labour to fix it!!!! What a disaster - don't recommend getting one… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“All I can say is the Qualcast Concorde 32 lawn mower...”

Written on: 27/03/2006 by greenfinger fred (1 review written)

All I can say is the Qualcast Concorde 32 lawn mower is an ultra compact little mower. It is lightweight, versatile and surprisingly robust. However, people need to be aware of the fact that it is a finishing mower. It is not designed to mow a paddock or very long grass. If you are retired and take a pride in how your lawn looks, this is a great little mower… Read Full Review

Qualcast Concorde 32

“I have recently had the misfortune of purchasing a...”

Written on: 20/05/2004 by ghollum (1 review written)

I have recently had the misfortune of purchasing a Qualcast Concorde 32 from my local B&Q, and I warn anyone who is considering this model or any other Qualcast mower to reconsider. My concorde broke on the very first cut, I had not even reached the bottom of the garden when the roller at the back snapped off, leaving it unable to move forward. The build quality is shocking, mostly plastic, even in parts where you would expect it to be under strain/stress, plastic has been used, no doubt a… Read Full Review

Ray999's Response to ghollum's Review

Written on: 09/05/2006

I also advise against this machine. Badly designed and poorly built it is the last qualcast/bosch (!!) product I shall buy. After a few cuts the drive belt has either come off or sheared - can't tell which because i can't get into it and have to return to the seller. Poor job!Q

Glowplug's Response to ghollum's Review

Written on: 21/04/2007

Totally agree. The design of the grass box is a joke. And while my Qualcast Concorde 32 lawn mower still works, the noise is terrible. And to think what Qualcast used to make!