Hyundai Santa Fe Reviews

Hyundai Santa Fe - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hyundai Santa Fe

Hyundai Santa Fe
Hyundai Santa Fe

“Great Car, Poor Dealer Network”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by Pricedf230 (1 review written)

I have a 2.2CRD auto 7 seats 4WD. Comfortable, looks good, reasonable performance, versatile car as I use for business trips, shopping, kids, camping, towing, and it returns a respectable 32mpg. Have had a few reliability problems around electrics that the dealer network couldn't diagnose without spending a fortune, so use an independents, parts very expensive from UK dealers so look online and buy parts from overseas especially the US where parts are a fraction of the UK price. Great car let… Read Full Review

“simply the best car i have ever owned”

Written on: 29/06/2012 by jw1866 (1 review written)

initaily we bought the new shape 2.2 but it was only 2 wheel drive,lucky noticed this before we signed on the dotted line, no thanks to arnold clark who said there all 4 wheel drive.never considered the old model as its dam ugly.but a 2006 crdt with 2500miles for £8000 looked to good a bargin.we have never looked back owned it for 6 years now and its never went wrong, only had a recall for rear wiper motor,can be a little slow at pulling away, servicing costs can be expensive, but shop around… Read Full Review

“The Hyundai Santa Fe very comfortable on long...”

Written on: 28/11/2007 by ali sajad (1 review written)

The Hyundai Santa Fe very comfortable on long journeys, and has a very large load carrying capability… Read Full Review

“I am not disappointed in this vehicle, and would...”

Written on: 30/05/2007 by Jerry559 (1 review written)

I am not disappointed in this vehicle, and would recommend that anyone shopping for a SUV at least give it a long look as it offers great value for a lower price… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“No power on pullaway ”

Written on: 24/12/2008

No power on pullaway
there is a +- 5 seconds delay when you press your foot down until anything happens
4x4 does not work 1 st time I really needed it
I personally am not happy with the support.
Therefore I do not recommend the Hyundai Santa Fe… Read Full Review

“When looking for a new family car I decided against...”

Written on: 03/09/2008 by macca1977 (1 review written)

When looking for a new family car I decided against another estate and opted for a 4x4. I spent alot of time researching all the products in the Santa Fe class (Freelander, Grand Vitara etc) e.g. mpg, reliability, owner reviews, space, boot etc and the Santa Fe came out tops on most the above.
Its a good drive and very comfy and relaxing on 1500 round trips to Scotland.
It is of near identical size to my Dads Jeep Grand Cherokee yet a tinny little Freelander cost an awful lot more to buy.
Great… Read Full Review

“This car is like my best friend. ”

Written on: 13/01/2008

This car is like my best friend.

I do think this car is the best car from 2006/7.
mpg day to day 39.9

49.7 mpg on a run 200 miles approximately.
After 20.000miles it's as good as new.

“It is a very good car and so far i have had no...”

Written on: 19/02/2007 by ltkelly (1 review written)

It is a very good car and so far i have had no problems with it at all. The warranty made this a very attractive car to buy. It is also pretty nifty and the 2.4 petrol engine gives it very good pick up. It isn't really an off road car, although visiting a friend who lives on a farm gave it no problem when overcoming ploughed up muddy fields and deeply rutted farm tracks. Before I bought it I was also looking at a Suzuki Grand Vitara, Kia Sorento and a Freelander. It was the cheapest, but I have… Read Full Review

“As a caravanner this Hyundai Santa Fe is ideal, except...”

Written on: 23/01/2007 by Canada (1 review written)

As a caravanner this Hyundai Santa Fe is ideal, except maybe for engine power, it meets all criteria. The boot is very large and easy to access, the seats fold easily, there is plenty of legroom and the front seats don't have the extreme shape that those in a Freelander or some others have and they are much larger than most others thus are comfortable for those over 5'8" and 11 stone. Visibility is very good and the air conditioning and heater work very well.

A great car… Read Full Review

“The Hyundai Santa Fe is brilliant and has: a very...”

Written on: 27/09/2006 by mikealberts (1 review written)

The Hyundai Santa Fe is brilliant and has: a very smooth ride, great visually, great interior, lots of room, 7 seat option extremely useful, very economical, and reliable. Most of all, an unbelievable unlimited mileage 5 year warranty! Hyundai have produced an extremely likeable 4x4 which leaves all competitors scratching their heads!!!… Read Full Review

“If anyone is considering the purchase of a Hyundai...”

Written on: 17/05/2006 by HELENA WALLBRIDGE (1 review written)

If anyone is considering the purchase of a Hyundai Santa Fe, I would definitely say that they would be buying with complete confidence… Read Full Review

329560_Debidozi's Response to HELENA WALLBRIDGE's Review

Written on: 07/12/2007

I brought an o2 Santa Fe and I've nothing but problems.
<br/>First it was the roll bars then the petrol tank had manufactures fault (leaking) now when I press my foot on the brakes at between 5-10 mph I get vibration through the brake pedal.
<br/>I've since been told by my garage that they done some checks on line and found in America the 02 model had been recalled for this reason. Also a friend of mine had the 03 model and he said he had same problem.
<br/>If anyone else has experienced this please contact me

“This Hyundai Santa Fe is my first SUV, which I bought...”

Written on: 20/04/2006 by johngolding (2 reviews written)

This Hyundai Santa Fe is my first SUV, which I bought after hiring a Jeep Cherokee in Canada last year. I liked the practicality, the high driving position and the good all-round visibility. My car is one of the last old-model Santa Fe's, and as a result I was able to get a really good deal - £14,700 OTR for a 2.4 petrol manual CDX. With some haggling I got a 12 month tax disc instead of six, but try as I might, I couldn't persuade the dealer to fill the tank right up as well!

There was very… Read Full Review

“Where else would you get this value for money? ”

Written on: 12/04/2006 by Charmer (1 review written)

Where else would you get this value for money?
High spec car for low price. Hyundai have marketed the SF brilliantly - who wants to pay for Low gear Diff lock etc, when it will not be used?

A great buy and a great car… Read Full Review

“I've only had my 2.7l V6 petrol Hyundai Santa Fe for a...”

Written on: 27/03/2005 by simmy0ne (2 reviews written)

I've only had my 2.7l V6 petrol Hyundai Santa Fe for a few months but still love the car. Full leather interior with an excellent spec. Very reliable so far and drives pretty good. Can't help comparing to my old explorer. It was huge with loads of power. The santa Fe is still quite big and handles the family well. Feel very safe in the car due to the build and brakes. The car has ABS as well as sensors which aply the brakes evenly on every wheel. This keeps it straight when braking. It has… Read Full Review

“The above says it all about the Hyundai Santa Fe.”

Written on: 05/12/2004 by chesbeech (1 review written)

The above says it all about the Hyundai Santa Fe… Read Full Review

“I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe because I wanted a 4x4...”

Written on: 05/02/2004 by tafer2uk (16 reviews written)

I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe because I wanted a 4x4 with excellent reliability/warranty. Hyundai were prepared to put their money where their mouth is and offered 5 years compared to everybody elses 3 years. I previously had a Jeep Cherokee 4.0L Ltd SE which I worshipped, unfortunatley every other week it needed something replacing or it broke down.

I bought the Santa Fe 2.0 CRD with added leather interior, privacy glass, wheel arch flares and Supaguard package(including mats, headlight… Read Full Review

Ilovcars's Response to tafer2uk's Review

Written on: 14/02/2004

hi, please can you tell me where you payed that price for your santa fe.

Macca1977's Response to tafer2uk's Review

Written on: 03/09/2008

Great bargain. Wanted a big family car, didnt fancy another estate so went for 4x4. Doing toe to toe comparions with all the other stuff in its class; Freelander, Grand Vitara etc the Santa Fe was better in almost all aspects regarding mpg, space, boot volume, reliability ratings, price, even equipment as standard! Seems to drive alot better and less wallowy than my Dads Grand Cherokee too (and has more room inside).

Written on: 24/01/2007

Now I can appreciate where you are coming from Simon. I agree, who needs those kinds of vehicles in a place like Jersey; sounds a bit like showing off. So you live in a great part of the world, and I am a little envious; but do me a favor, and stop beating up on the new Santa Fe until you at least try one. And come on, admit it - a five year warranty doesn't mean garbage. Most of the North American models are following suit.

Written on: 23/01/2007

I can understand someone in some parts of Canada needing a 4X4 - but the UK? If you want four wheel drive buy a Audi, Subaru or Volvo, or even, dare I say it, a Golf 4Motion or whatever the MKV equivalent is. I suppose my beef comes from living in Jersey where there are more Discovery, Jeeps and Range Rover's than you can shake a stick at - why?! They are a pain in the backside. They get in the way, they are driven with 'arrogance', and they are utterly pointless!

Written on: 23/01/2007

In regard to using my Hyundai Santa Fe off-road. I did not buy it for that purpose. I use it for taking my caravan on holiday in all kinds of weather, all over the UK and the rest of Europe. As you appear to be talking environmentally, it is better than using a plane, and as it is a diesel it is even better than a small petrol car if going less than 3 miles (see Volkswagen's own report).
<br>
<br/>Cheers.

Written on: 23/01/2007

Hey, you can't say I bought a Hyundai for its name (though I think that is coming), no snobbery there; but I have read your review on your Passat. If I have anywhere near the trouble you had with that puppy, I'll never buy a Hyundai again. What was that about five year warranties?
<br/>A friend of mine owns a top of the line Passat, but he couldn't even change a headlight bulb without going into a major overhaul. Plus, the V.W. dealer was charging almost three times the going rate for an oil change. I don't think he's getting another one.

Written on: 21/01/2007

I never claimed I bought it for OFF-ROADING. I'll leave that to the true 4x4's. We are talking all wheel drive here, and I don't think any of the manufacturers, Hyundai, Honda, or X-Trail, would claim otherwise.
<br>
<br/>I DO live in Canada, and even though I live in the balmy west, the weather can be quite unpredictable. The guy that run into me, hit a patch of black ice and lost control. Now I realize that, AWD would probably not have had an effect on its own; but add in the ESC, and the traction control, and I for one believe it may have been avoidable. The Hyundai carries all of these, plus a good number of airbags, and it sure is nice to drive; quiet too.

Written on: 20/01/2007

I might try - but somehow the Golf GTi, my Volvo V70 D5, and even my wife's Mitsubishi Space Star hold more appeal (OK - I'm pushing it a bit on the Space Star).

Written on: 19/01/2007

Thanks for the concern Simon. Bad news I'm afraid though; I've just put one of those Hyundai's back on the road. Do yourself a favor and at least try a new 07.
<br/>I am not sure what models are offered in your neck of the woods, but my all wheel drive 242H.P. little girl is a far cry from the old "Pony".

Written on: 18/01/2007

...answer honestly now - how many of you actually need a 4x4? how many of you actually take your 4x4 off road?

Written on: 18/01/2007

I have now had my Hyundai Santa Fe for almost 3 years, during which time I have towed my caravan in fault free comfort for over 30,000 miles throughout Europe. I checked its mpg over 4,000 miles, towing in Spain and came up with almost 30 mpg. A fine car, except its looks do not appeal to everyone.

Written on: 17/01/2007

Glad you are OK after your accident - but the bright side is that it is one less Hyundai on the roads.

Written on: 06/01/2007

Yeah Simon, just like anything made by Honda twenty years ago was junk. I've just experienced a head-on in my Santa Fe, and walked away. I will likely get an 07 replacement. Logic tells me, if it's rubbish, give a one year warranty.
<br/>
<br>Sorry to hear that tafer2 puts so much on the Jeep logo; I live in Canada, so it's hard to get my head around that one.

Written on: 22/01/2006

Let's face it, Hyundai offer a five year warranty and all the extras because the basic car is bad. The Sante Fe is laughable as are most, sorry, all Hyundai (what is the plural for Hyundai - ah yes Jokes)

Biscuit26's Response to tafer2uk's Review

Written on: 10/07/2004

Just ordered a Santa Fe from Perry's in Preston. £15,160 inc road tax!

Written on: 29/03/2004

I just bought a Santa Fe. Over 35 mpg on the first tank on a long difficult trip. Very comfortable and quiet.

Ilovcars's Response to tafer2uk's Review

Written on: 01/03/2004

thanks very much. it sounds like you got a great deal. i should be in contact with them soon and i hope you enjoy your santa fe. thanks again.

Tafer2Uk's Response to tafer2uk's Review

Written on: 29/02/2004

Sorry for not responding sooner ilovcars, been away. I bought it from Autoworld at Chesterfield, Derbyshire.