Panasonic ES8093 Reviews

Panasonic ES8093 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Panasonic ES8093

“maravillosa”

Written on: 02/05/2012

tengo aproximadamente dos años utilizando esta afeitadora anteriormente tenia una braun y considero que esta es una de las mejores afeitadora que he tenido, fácil de lavar muy cómoda y la afeitada es perfecta … Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“I've had this shaver for god knows how long. Switched...”

Written on: 22/07/2010 by leftalone (1 review written)

I've had this shaver for god knows how long. Switched to it from a very basic Philips 2-head rotary unit. I'm using ES8093 for dry shave and, perhaps my skin is so tough, I personally don't even need an aftershave - I get little or no skin irritation. I tried to replace ES8093 with Philips arcitec (a top of the range 3-head rotary unit), but got nasty irritation from it, and it did not shave as clean as ES8093 did.

Shaving with ES8093 is fast and clean, and cleaning it is also a piece of cake… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to leftalone's Review

Written on: 03/08/2011

I would say about ES8093 except one fact
I found similar has been occured by other users:
once upon a time, after 3 years non-stop use
battery went down with the capacity.
It is OK for NiMH accumulators when they die. :)
After opening the shaver and removal of batteries
I've measured voltage and amazed:
one battery was under 1Мвс and other - under 0V.

After getting a new pair over service center
I found another behaviour of charging process
differing from original one.
Only 20% of charge I could use at once,
meantime charging process was hourly long (1-2hrs).
Original use of the shaver was 10% for 5-minute shaving. After batteries replacement (2pcs)
I cannot charge and use it comfortable,
in few times I've got 0-charge.
I suppose something is wrong to a charger.
The sine-like charge voltage I get over
wireless coil fransformation is lower than 0,2V!
In my own practical research normally charge-voltage of NiMH should be around 1.5V
for 1.3V batteries in order to get charge.
P.S.
I really sorry about my lovely ES8093
but if service-repair would cost more than 50$
it's worthful to put the shaver into museum... :(

Panasonic ES8093

“Ok, I'm going to add my voice to the growing list of...”

Written on: 11/01/2008 by Juggertha (1 review written)

Ok, I'm going to add my voice to the growing list of those complaining about the battery life on this razor. At first, it was great... but after a few months it has gotten to a point where it'll only hold a charge for a minute tops.
It has become unusable… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“Perhaps I've just been unlucky with the Panasonic...”

Written on: 31/07/2006 by Robeveritt (3 reviews written)

Perhaps I've just been unlucky with the Panasonic ES8093, but I feel I might as well have flushed my money down the toilet.

Strange, as I normally go for Panasonic items… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“It seems my original review of the Panasonic ES8093...”

Written on: 13/05/2006 by rarinrob (12 reviews written)

It seems my original review of the Panasonic ES8093 shaver jinxed it. Soon after I reviewed it, my original shaver had the dreaded condensation in the battery charge window, causing the digital display to fade away. Olympic promptly took it back and sent a new one, which worked fine for a few months, but then it would randomly go from full charge to zero in a fraction of a second. It had died. It turns out Panasonic no longer makes this model, and I think I know why. At least Olympic gave me a… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“For about a year the Panasonic ES8093 shaver was...”

Written on: 12/04/2006 by ThatPhilBrettGuy (1 review written)

For about a year the Panasonic ES8093 shaver was great. Battery life was on par with all the other shavers I've had (and I've had quite a few) and the shave when wet was the best electric shave by some margin.

Then I noticed a small amount of condensation in the display window. Water then started causing the shaver to read 0% charge all the time and would only switch on every so often. Now it's totally dead.

I'd still recommend one as the shave is that good. I'm buying another Panasonic to… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“At first I was very pleased with the shaver. However,...”

Written on: 22/08/2005 by nala (1 review written)

At first I was very pleased with the shaver. However, I began to notice a mildew smell after a few months, and realised a build up of soap deposit was causing the smell. It is impossible to rinse this away, as it becomes trapped right inside the inaccessible area under the cutters. A complete stripdown revealed poor sealing of the motor cavity. I returned it under warranty, and they carried out £90 of repairs for free. I keep as a spare now for dry shaves only… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“The Panasonic ES8093 does give a good shave especially...”

Written on: 16/10/2004 by sinagua (1 review written)

The Panasonic ES8093 does give a good shave especially when used wet with oil or foam. My skin could never tolerate a dry shave and I never could get on with blades. So the best of both worlds for me.
BUT, at five months old it is on its last legs with both the battery and the external display failing. I should have learnt my lesson last time round when my previous Panasonic failed after a year having been replaced at one month old with a faulty on switch.
So, good shave but I expect products… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“Panasonic ES8093 - Like one of the other reviewers...”

Written on: 04/10/2004 by rarinrob (12 reviews written)

Panasonic ES8093 - Like one of the other reviewers here I've been wet shaving for several years. (I'm 32 and although I started with a basic electric razor I quickly changed to things like Wilkinson Sword and Mach 3.) Throughout my shaving life I've suffered with a small amount of ingrowing hairs towards the lower neckline. Changing gels, foams and blades never really sorted it so I thought it was time to give an electric shaver a go again.

Both of the other reviews here sold it for me. It's… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“Panasonic ES8093 - I have been using this shaver for...”

Written on: 03/10/2004 by MichaelMichael (1 review written)

Panasonic ES8093 - I have been using this shaver for two months now, and I cannot tell you how good it is.
I was using a Philishave before which I thought was close, I also have a Braun which was a unwanted Xmas gift that I used while I was in the US for a few months.
I can honestly say that using this shaver dry with a pre-shave it's amazing, but with shave foam or King of Shaves it truly in my opinion is the best shaver in the world. I really liked the Philishave, the reputation of the… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“This Panasonic ES8093 is the best shaver ever. It's...”

Written on: 08/02/2004 by Yabaman (4 reviews written)

This Panasonic ES8093 is the best shaver ever. It's powerful and it really gives you a very close shave, especially when you wet shave.
The very best and closest shave can be obtained by using the KING OF SHAVES SHAVING OIL.
It's a very small bottle and it may seem expensive but believe me its cheaper because you can get so many shaves out of a small bottle and its so much cleaner. Most important though is that you get a great shave.
Cleaning the Panasonic is so easy and the pivot head is… Read Full Review

Panasonic ES8093

“I decided to switch to an electric shaver after using...”

Written on: 03/02/2004 by Yabaman (4 reviews written)

I decided to switch to an electric shaver after using a blade for 20yrs, but I needed a shaver that could take on a tough Mediterranean beard, in other words something that could be compared to a MACH3 Turbo shave.
After searching the web for a staggering 2 weeks and sending a few e-mails asking for information, I decided to go for a foil shaver in which I was told had a closer shave than a rotary.
I tried a Remington microscreen 3 but that was no way close to what I expected.
I then went for… Read Full Review