Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 VVT Reviews

Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 VVT - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Suzuki Swift Sport 1.6 VVT

“Buy 1! ”

Written on: 19/02/2013

Well iv just turned 23 n insurance is finally becoming almost reasonable, so i swapped my 1L corsa n got a 2007 swift sport. Hell of car handles great n performance is good to. Not the best on juice Im gettin about 25mpg, but who cares! Seats are comfy. Bit grim i dont have a spare… Read Full Review

“I thought I had planned well. In 2007 I bought a new...”

Written on: 18/12/2010

I thought I had planned well. In 2007 I bought a new 4 wheel-drive Suzuki Swift for my son. It had the best Michelin Alpine winter tyres. This gave me peace of mind, as he sometimes had to drive late in the night into the Austrian countryside for concerts. He is the leader of the string section, and also a med. student.

However, 4 wheel drive, Alpine tyres or not, on his way home late one night last week, in sub-zero temps. and with light snow, the engine warning light came on. The engine… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 19/04/2012

Where on earth do you get the idea that the Suzuki Swift Sport is 4 wheel drive?
Whatever car you are reviewing it's not a Swift Sport. I would suggest that before you write a highly critical review of a vehicle you at first check what model you actually own.

Suzukikev's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2012

Just read your review and I'm sorry to say that the guest who commented on your review is right. Suzuki have never made a 4 wheel drive swift sport. It's probably the reason it broke down so bad because someone had modified it so much to make it 4WD (that's if it really was a sport) I do hope that anyone wanting to find a more reliable review reads all the others under the heading.

“Okay fine, I've only just driven this car off the...”

Written on: 02/07/2010

Okay fine, I've only just driven this car off the showroom floor but I am already impressed beyond any measure. I traded in my Suzuki Swift GLS for this fantastic sporty little hatch and will never look back. Incredibly bucket seats in the front, stif sports suspension and acceleration to rival many of the "Robot Racers" I find in my country. I love this car and I can see myself having the same opinion many years down the line… Read Full Review

“I love it!! I have traded in my 2009 Audi TT sport...”

Written on: 25/04/2010

I love it!! I have traded in my 2009 Audi TT sport roadster. Think I am mad? May be! But I have wanted a Suzuki Swift Sport for years. I have had several Suzukis in the past and they have always been fantastic. Since I "grew" up and could afford expensive sports cars I spent a lot of money looking for the fun I had experienced as a young girl in my "cheap" cars. BMW's, Lotus,and Audi's all good enough but not that thriling feeling I was craving. But yesterday I got it!!! I drove my Cool White… Read Full Review

“Best car I have ever had! really good fun on country...”

Written on: 13/03/2010

Best car I have ever had! really good fun on country roads.....good acceleration

there is cubby holes and cup holders everywhere as well.
the only downside to the car is that my average mpg is 28 :/ which isn't great but I think it is just because I live near country roads. Although if I drive sensibly for a couple of days it will go up to about 32mpg which still isn't great but when you are driving it you just don't care!… Read Full Review

“Cost £10,699 (haggle!) 123 bhp (0-62 in 8.9secs) Avg...”

Written on: 17/02/2008

Cost £10,699 (haggle!) 123 bhp (0-62 in 8.9secs) Avg MPG 33-36 (this is what i get driving fairly sensible) Service every 9k- the first one came to '£140 Tyres are on their way out after nearly 18k, looking around £80- £90 a pop. All in all is a wicked little car for little money, also its surprising how quick you get used to the keyless start, makes getting the key out of your pocket seem like an effort! Surprising space inside, plenty of headroom (im 6' 2"). For me the best feature is the… Read Full Review

Golftangodelta's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because...I just about to buy one :))

“Great little car this, I had a Mini cooper (Old shape)...”

Written on: 21/01/2008 by SuzukiKev (24 reviews written)

Great little car this, I had a Mini cooper (Old shape) about 18months ago and this handles not far off, it's not mega quick by any standards but the way it handles and drive it doesn't need to be. It's a drivers car rather than a boy racers!! For 11k it's very well equipped and beats and C2 VTS or Mini Cooper (New shape) any day. It has the looks as well as the user friendly drive. You can have great fun in this with out the risk of losing your license. I would recommend one any day. I traded… Read Full Review

“A nice looking car that turns a lot of heads, but I...”

Written on: 12/07/2007 by peejayem (1 review written)

A nice looking car that turns a lot of heads, but I think this is because most people do not know what the car is at first glance.
I've already had the ECU replaced due to it being faulty after 5 weeks of owning the car from new. I'm putting this down to bad luck as no other Swift owner seems to have had this problem as far as I know.
Apart from that the car has been fine and is a pleasure to drive. The front bucket type seats are really supportive and do their job well.
I've got the odd rattle… Read Full Review