Kelly Kettle Reviews

Kelly Kettle - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kelly Kettle

Kelly Kettle

“great invention.one newspaper and a lighter and you...”

Written on: 17/10/2010

great invention.one newspaper and a lighter and you have 2 and a half pints of boiling water in about 6 minutes in any weather as well.the kelly kettle is just excellent.it will always be a part of my hunting shooting metal detecting kit… Read Full Review

“Forgot to mention that my Kelly Kettle is covered by a...”

Written on: 01/04/2010 by smokey74 (2 reviews written)

Forgot to mention that my Kelly Kettle is covered by a 2yr warranty against leaks so if there is a problem, the Kelly Kettle company will sort it for you. (had a dented cooking pot which they replaced FOC for me) Cheers… Read Full Review

“The Kelly Kettle is a Fantastic piece of kit and I...”

Written on: 01/04/2010 by smokey74 (2 reviews written)

The Kelly Kettle is a Fantastic piece of kit and I would not be without it fishing or camping. Great fun gathering the sticks and super fast to boil. Not sure how a previous Reviewer took 40mins to boil it - they were obviously doing something very wrong! I usually get a rolling boil in under 4 or 5 mins. Great kit and wholly recommended… Read Full Review

“stainless Kelly Kettle 2.5L ”

Written on: 15/09/2009

stainless Kelly Kettle 2.5L

It fianlly arrived and it is JUNK.

1) It got banged it up some in shipping and should have been packed a little better but that is not the real problem.
2) The cork does not fit.
3) The extra bottom I got looks like the hole was cut out by hand.
4) All the seams leak! This makes the whole thing useless.

DO NOT BUY THE STAINLESS MODEL!!!

Smokey74's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2010

I found this review not helpful because...when the shipping company damaged my kettle in Transit, the Kettle Kettle company immediately dispatched a replacement. It was excellent service and my Stainless steel kettle is the centerpiece of every campsite I visit! Brilliant & would highly recommend them to anyone who is out and about.

“Superb product. Boils water very simply and quickly...”

Written on: 31/03/2009

Superb product. Boils water very simply and quickly even in the worst of weather. Excellent service from the Kelly Kettle comapny and very fast delivery. I purchased a cook set and pot support as well and they make the ideal package for camping in the outdoors. Much better than gas stoves in windy situations as they seem to work even better the more it is blowing… Read Full Review

“much better than taking a stewed flask of tea or...”

Written on: 08/08/2008

much better than taking a stewed flask of tea or coffee. Excellent for a quick cuppa when out shooting.use every week of the year. So simple to use… Read Full Review

“Really good bit of gear. I would be concerned if it...”

Written on: 25/06/2008 by penny25 (1 review written)

Really good bit of gear. I would be concerned if it got knocked around the seems might break but I have nothing to base this off other then looking at the materials and how they are connected.

It works super well and hoping it lasts a long time because I am really looking forward to continuing using it.

Why not a 10 out of 10? because it is freakin expensive once you pay for postage to australia… Read Full Review

“An excellent durable product for outdoor camping. ...”

Written on: 14/06/2008 by The buzzer (1 review written)

An excellent durable product for outdoor camping. They are also a fun item and my kids get a great kick out of collecting twigs etc. Only recently purchased the cook set and pot support so can't wait to try them out… Read Full Review

“I'd recomend the Kelly Kettle, its fast, easy to use...”

Written on: 29/03/2008

I'd recomend the Kelly Kettle, its fast, easy to use and very easy on the fuel. Its a bit bulky but ok… Read Full Review

“I have bought a 2.5 pint Kelly kettle encouraged by...”

Written on: 06/03/2008 by Markkl (1 review written)

I have bought a 2.5 pint Kelly kettle encouraged by all these reviews which say it takes just 5 minutes for the water to boil. I wonder these people use as it took me exactly 40 minutes, while it takes me just 4 minutes to boil 2 pints on my gas stove… Read Full Review

Penny25's Response to Markkl's Review

Written on: 25/06/2008

I disagree with this review because... It does not take 40 minutes to boil water. How are they doing it if it takes this long? <br/><br/>I used it this morning for a cup of tea while gardening and it took me no more then 10 minutes including getting the fuel for it.<br/><br/>I'm not sure what the story is maybe more fuel needs to be added or something.

Markkl's Response to Markkl's Review

Written on: 06/07/2008

It's true that my longest time it took me to boil the full content of the kettle was 40 minutes. In the meantine, however, I gained some experience and improved the kettle's performance, and in view of that I would like to amend my review.
<br/>It turns out that the whole process is highly dependent on the way the fire is lighted-up. To have your tea before you freeze stiff you need to put in the base both the right amount and the right kind of material, in other words, the original kindling has to be dry, higly combustible and lots of it - and nothing beats the birch bark. Once the flames catch up vigorously, the kindling may be topped up through the "chimney" with inferior or even wet stuff.
<br/>My best time now is down to 6 minutes. It is still longer than using my gas stove or the love of my life - my kerosene burning Coleman stove but at a force 6 wind in the middle of Chesil Beach the Kelly Kettle worked very nicely thanks to the draught effect of the "chimney" while the other two packed up.

“i would not go camping without one,i had mine as a...”

Written on: 23/11/2007 by Jerry Parker (1 review written)

i would not go camping without one,i had mine as a present for my 21st birthday from my sister, i am now 46 and it still works,ok it's a bit dinted and sooty in the chimney,but it's aged a lot better than me !!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Very disappointed as Kelly claim that they were the...”

Written on: 28/04/2007 by Wally27 (11 reviews written)

Very disappointed as Kelly claim that they were the original designers off kettle.

My advice.....Buy a STORM kettle....They are based on the same design but are made better using thicker material… Read Full Review

Zildjian Lover's Response to Wally27's Review

Written on: 06/10/2008

I disagree - They are fantastic - Just the first few times they leak sometimes - IF YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU WOULD KNOW THIS!
<br/>Storm kettles are no different from kellys but I put my trust in kellys just from experience.