Gemeinhardt 2SP Silver Plated Closed Hole Student Reviews

• Appearance

Gemeinhardt 2SP Silver Plated Closed Hole Student - Ask a question now

“JUST STARTED PLAYING”

Written on: 07/03/2013

This is an excellent flute. In my school band I had tried two other flutes. Getting a sound out of them was hard and they didn't sound any good. When I tried this one, I was amazed at the sound quality. It is excellent and great for beginners like me. Although the thing I don't like about it is the tacky case... But I guess that's what you get for school bands. What matters is the flute anyway. I love how the keys are not too hard to push down but not really easy either. I enjoy playing on it… Read Full Review

Gemeinhardt 2SP Silver Plated Closed Hole Student

“Being a High School player is a lot to handle...”

Written on: 26/10/2008 by Lestatsmuse (1 review written)

Being a High School player is a lot to handle especially when playing everyday with a nice flute. But after it's first year of use, it began going downhill, it wasn't as good as it was before, there was more of a resistance to me when I put it to my lips. But I appreciate this flute despite its aged flaws, because this was actually the first time I had played open-holed flute, even though I won't play it anymore, I will always keep it around as a back-up… Read Full Review

Gemeinhardt 2SP Silver Plated Closed Hole Student

“Well, I started playing when I was in 4th grade and...”

Written on: 17/12/2007

Well, I started playing when I was in 4th grade and being allergic to nickel, I ordered the silver plated Gemeinhardt 2SP. It was excellent sounding, easy to start with, very durable, cleaned easily, quality corks, and never needed any repairs. in 10th grade I had to upgrade to a solid silver flute for better tone quality, open holes, B foot, etc. but for the 5 years I played it, it stayed in excellent shape and not until recently would I have had to consider replace the padding. Overall still… Read Full Review

Gemeinhardt 2SP Silver Plated Closed Hole Student

“I have taught flute for 30 years. I have played and...”

Written on: 14/08/2007 by Karen Z (1 review written)

I have taught flute for 30 years. I have played and recorded all over the US and a couple of countries. Gemeinhardt used to make the 2SP in Elkhart, Indiana. The factory is still there, although very few flutes are actually built there any longer. They have farmed all 2SP production to the Angel factory in China. As with most Chinese factories, as long as your order is large enough, they will put any name you want on their flutes. Angel has been around for years and is known worldwide for… Read Full Review

Trumpet5's Response to 304436_Karen Z's Review

Written on: 19/10/2012

You are correct. I am a band instrument technician and I can tell you how poor quality Gemeinhardts are. Silver plating will wear off in weeks, Stainless key shafts rust, pins in keys are too short and soft to remove, and warranty service from the company is nonexistant. Kurt is rolling over in his grave.

Gemeinhardt 2SP Silver Plated Closed Hole Student

“I was looking for a flute for an advanced student. I...”

Written on: 11/09/2005 by philbill (1 review written)

I was looking for a flute for an advanced student. I found the Gemeinhardt 2SP silver plated closed hole at a Kennelly Keys garage sale. It was cheap and worked great. I recommend it to all students… Read Full Review

Lestatsmuse's Response to 209694_philbill's Review

Written on: 26/10/2008

I found this review unhelpful because it doesn't specify why the flute is great for the regular student.