Paragon Loans Reviews

• Speed of Application

Paragon Loans - Ask a question now

“DONT USE PARAGON”

Written on: 17/10/2013

I have PPI with Paragon. When I was made Redundant in November of last year, I requested the claim Forms so my payments could be made. The form did not arrive, even though I was requesting them at least once a month,they kept on saying that the forms had been sent. I was lucky that my redundant payment managed to pay for these payments over this period. I managed to get a temporary job in February, which was for 6 months, but am again unemployed, and am finding myself in the same situation… Read Full Review

“To bad I can't rate it 0 stars!”

Written on: 02/10/2013

Absolutely do not deal with this company or Charita Abrams. Awful service, make you pay for the appraisal after they tell you that you are approved then all of a sudden your not approved but yet out $400 dollars! After I switched to a different lender we found out Charita had added points to my loan adding an additional $30,000 to the total loan. What a joke of a company and a horrible person. I am not the only person that she has done this too as I have spoke with several other people trying… Read Full Review

“The ABSOLUTE WORSE ”

Written on: 01/07/2013 by Galveston (1 review written)

We have been strung along now for 2 months "Oh everything looks great" "Oh by the way we need these documents overnighted" you pull everything, copy & overnight them. A week later "Oh now we need ththese forms filled out & yup overnight them". Two weeks later NOW the stuff you sent oh we need it signed & here's some things you need to pull again. If you want a loan save yourself the PAIN go somewhere else unless you want to br homeless for a while… Read Full Review

“Stay far from Paragon Financials”

Written on: 08/05/2013

I have a terrible experience with Paragon Financials.I lost over usd 21.000 doing business with them. They will look like helpful and friendly when you will know them but once you are in they will just end you if they can.They have no business ethics.A lot of promises but you will definitly loose your money if not your business. … Read Full Review

“Just in case....”

Written on: 16/10/2012

you thought this company might have improved,don't.It's now several years on from some of the earlier views yet i can atest to the fact that this is without doubt the worst company i have ever dealt with. Customer service is non-existent and anyone you get on the phone is either rude/offensive or both.My account with them has been running for six years i have never missed or been late for a single payment yet they are regularily n the phone for any number of spurious reasons,and guess what?… Read Full Review

“Incredible Arrears With Paragon (National Home Loans)”

Written on: 02/09/2012 by TheMarsh (1 review written)

After reading numerous reviews on this forum, I thought I would share my experience of dealing with Paragon. Here is my story. I believe there are numerous reasons for the level of arrears that I find myself in. I think back to 1989 when I was sold a mortgage that was not explained properly. I do believe that I was mis sold this mortgage, simply based on the figures involved. I originally borrowed £49,124 in December 1989 and by April 2006, after paying approximately £60,000 in mortgage… Read Full Review

“Think Paragon ARE YOU MAD”

Written on: 12/04/2012

Don't touch with a barge pole! If you are that desperate for a loan, go bankrupt before touching this company. Don't touch Idem they are one of the same!… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2012

Hello to all , I also have had issues with Paragon. They are refuting mis-selling of PPI as it was sold via a broker - they are disputing the paying the £10K at end of the loan.
Has anyone been to the Financial Ombudsman?

“Loan Payments Extended”

Written on: 16/07/2011

I took out a loan with Paragon for £15,000 over ten years at £272 per month, this included PPi of £1900. Firstly when I went to apply for the PPI after I had an accident they refused it as they said it only covered the first five years, which is stupid as the loan is for ten. Secondly, my loan clears off this month, ten years on, but I got a statement with another £2600 added on meaning another 10 months of payments. I am not behind with my payments, infact I was ahead and they reduced two… Read Full Review

“Dreadful people, I call them 'Parasites' as it is more...”

Written on: 31/01/2011

Dreadful people, I call them 'Parasites' as it is more descriptive. Took out a small loan (£3.5k) with Universal Credit back in the early 1990s, a good company who always send statements. I got sick and lost my job after about 2 years, the insurance paid out for a year and Universal Credit were sympathetic and helpful when I could not work for several years, and accepted token payments of £1 pcm and stopped charging interest. Then the bombshell - out of the blue, a letter from Paragon… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/04/2012

Im so with you, in exactly same situation. took out a joint loan with Universal in 92 my partner and I split he didnt pay so they pilled on the charges, today I still owe them more than I ever borrowed. Paying them back £10pm forever and a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A WARNING TO ALL DO NOT TOUCH UNIVERSAL CREDIT OR PARAGON FINANCE

“please,please,please listen to these reviews. I...”

Written on: 13/08/2010

please,please,please listen to these reviews. I borrowed 50k with a good interest rate. the following 4 months I had an increase in rates although at the time the economy was in a good state. so my great interest rate was now the worst. when i phoned them to query it was basically tough. with the economy crises my interest rates went up again. although when they went down Paragon refused to lower mine. for example I was payong appx 220.00 a month and within 4 months this came to 375.00 a month… Read Full Review

“Please think very carefully before you commit yourself to ”

Written on: 19/05/2010

Please think very carefully before you commit yourself to
doing business with Paragon. My advice would be to contact
the consumer credit counselling service for advice before
taking out a personal loan with this company.These companies
prey on the vulnerable. We were unable to get credit due to a
unfortunate bad credit rating. Not suprisingly we were offered a substantial
loan from Paragon of 50,000pounds to clear business debts that I had. It was
quite a good rate and a reasonable repayment… Read Full Review

“WE took out a loan with paragon in 2004 for 40K we...”

Written on: 20/02/2010

WE took out a loan with paragon in 2004 for 40K we didn't miss any payments until the recession started.
We informed them of our circumstances after paying over 20k and asked for a statement. Found out we were now owing £51,000. The interest rate seems to go up at an astronomical rate. They claim that they do not follow the Bank of Englang rate and now charge £20 per letter and £10 per call. It is never ending.
If we had known about paragon before then, we never would have gone with them… Read Full Review

“i have had nothing but problems with this company they...”

Written on: 16/12/2009

i have had nothing but problems with this company they are big rip offs £20 tele phone calls £10 for letter even when your paying them regular these charges are attached to your balance ppi they ripped me off £1200 when i had cancer and tried to claim they told me i was no longer covered ive been charged over £2000 by this company on top of the loan my experiance their loan sharks or as bad as… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I borrowed 15,000 from Paragon Loans in 2000, asked...”

Written on: 09/06/2009

I borrowed 15,000 from Paragon Loans in 2000, asked for a settlement figure, only to find out i still owe 9, 874.00!! after paying 245.00 per month for the last 9 years& 5months, i have paid up to date, £ 27,600.00!!!!!

when will this debt ever end!!!!!… Read Full Review

Clivewelshboy's Comment

Written on: 16/12/2009

I found this review very helpful because... it relates to my experience with this company paragon personal finance every body needs to make a profit to survive but ripping folk off is not the right way to go about it paragon constantly phone you or write letters to you charging to your account between £10-£20 this adds up over time increasing your debt with interest
<br/>even when your paying them regular i have been charged over &pound;2000 plus misold ppi &pound;1200 thats over &pound;3,000 how can they be allowed to do this surely theres something we can do about it

☆☆☆☆☆

“We took out a loan with these guys a couple of years...”

Written on: 24/04/2008 by Oldson26 (1 review written)

We took out a loan with these guys a couple of years ago to help concilidate some debts we had racked up. This last year alone the interest charges went up 5 times and now the rate has come down they tell me they are not linked to the B of E so thats just tough. Also when I asked for a settlement figure I'm told they have to post it to me so that was yet another problem. On top of that in the last 2 months we have had a dozen letters and phonecalls trying to persuade us to borrow yet more… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I took out a loan with Universal Credit (now Paragon...”

Written on: 02/02/2004 by rover75driver (2 reviews written)

I took out a loan with Universal Credit (now Paragon personal finance) in 1994. I wanted to borrow £3500, but they insisted I pay off an exisisting loan, so the total borrowed was £6000.
4 years into the 6 year loan I lost my job and could not afford the repayments. My local CAB money centre negotiated reduced payments to Paragon and all seemed fine. The problem was Paragon forgot to mention they would continue charging interest at a very high rate. I was paying £10 a month and they where… Read Full Review

Atkinson's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

We borrowed £3,000 in in 1989 after our bank - Nat West - had turned us down and suggested we use a loan firm out of the paper. We chose Universal Credit which were later taken over by paragon. Universal Credit sent you statements, paragon have never sent a statement. From 1986 to 1993 my husband, who is in the construction industry, was made redundant three times which obviously affected our ability to pay back the loan in three years. He then went to college for 4 years when I believe we had the interest frozen. I have absolutely no idea what we owe at this moment in time but we have paid £60.00 a month for the past 6 years. What I would like to do is to offer them something like a £1,000 and be finished with the whole damn thing but I don't think it will ever go away-I have a daughter the same age as this debt, 16 - how ridiculous is that? It's an albatross I'm determined to be rid of.

440663_Leajanerose's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 14/02/2009

i warn people to not get a loan from paragon finance , we took a 15000 loan from them in1999 to consolidate some debts , about 18 month into the 5 year agreement i lost my job and we got onto trouble financially the CAB managed to freeze all other debts intrest except paragon, we were charged lots of intrest and court charges etc and to this day from 2000 some 9 years ago we have been paying &pound;96.00 per month without fail and we still must owe about 20000 to paragon, the company are really bad to get involved with

Shaun98867's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 19/02/2008

Well done your the first one i have come across that got something back off Paragon. I have been on to CCS and they did not seem hopeful of getting the interest back at all if you have any more information on how to fight this company it would be greatly appreciated.

Pmitchell's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 12/02/2008

since my last comment about paragon i have received a statement and they have credit back all the interest on this account about 18000 pounds please contact the consumer credit counsel for advice on this matter i did nothing but they certainly did we are now paying of just the debt without any interest dont let them get away with this get some advice and sort it out you have nothing to lose good luck

Shaun98867's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 30/01/2008

Same Problem here borrowed £4999 in 1994 got into trouble and went with Gregory pennington a debt management company to reduce the payments and freeze the interest which i thought had been done as i have been paying Penningtons every months since 1996. Checked up last month only to find that Paragon had not stopped the interest but also added compound interest on the arrears the result being they now want £17,000 when i have already paid them £12,000 in payments. Help Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Rover75Driver's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 09/08/2007

Update August 2007. I have now been paying £176 a month to Paragon for the last three years. To date I have paid £14,600 on a £6000 loan. I am still being charged high interest and still owe over £11,000.
<br/>
<br/>Paragon recently phoned me asking for increased payments, they have also sent me a letter with a form requesting I accept my liabilty to them which seems very odd. I have now been paying this loan for 12 years and it looks like I will never be able to pay it off.

Pmitchell's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 01/08/2006

me and my husband have the same problem we have been paying a 15.000 loan with paragon took out 9 yars ago we made full payment for about the first 3 years and for the last six have been making reduced payments through the consumer credit council who have now contacted us to say that it has been brought to their attention about the amount of interest we have been charged and our debt now stands at 28,000 pounds. when will it end. the ccs have instructed me to request a full statement of all charges from the start of the loan, i should not pay for this even though they will try and charge me when i receive this i need to make a complaint in writing to them they have 8 weeks to respond after this i will need to take this to the fsa obundsman ccs have informed me that there are many cases being highlighted at the moment and i should not let it go. they are encouraging everybody to do the same. please please do not let this company get away with this. we all need to make compaints and take this to the fsa. you can contact your local cab for the ccs number they are very good and are a charity set up to help people in debt all their staff are very friendly and helpful you can also find info on paragon on the office of fair trading. good luck and dont let them get away with this .

Shonaspencer's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 25/07/2006

Totally agree. My ex-husband and I took out a loan (in my name as he was made bankrupt)for £7,500 just before we separated. On separating I was informed as it was in my name I was now liable for the loan. Like other people I have never had a statement from Paragon despite many requests. For the past 6 years I have been making reduced payments on what i believed to be reduced interest. On receiving a statement last week (after many phone calls from myself to Paragon) I was staggered to discover I now owe £24,500!. Unknown to me they have been charging me up to £300 a month in interest. HELP!

Jeanne B's Response to rover75driver's Review

Written on: 31/05/2006

We have a similar story, a loan taken out with Universal Credit. After money problems we are paying at a reduced rate, can't find out how much is owed. They never send statements and we were actually threatened with legal or 'some other form of action' not sure what that meant.