Cyberhome AD-L 528 Reviews

Media Gallery for Cyberhome AD-L 528

Cyberhome  AD-L 528
Cyberhome  AD-L 528

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I've had my Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player for about 1...”

Written on: 02/01/2004 by yamahaysg (1 review written)

I've had my Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player for about 1 1/2 years now and I recently updated the firmware with brill results... The mp3 disks I did now show in a "windows" style folder tree and you can fast forward mp3's too now!! also the picture quality and sound seem to have improved since the firmware upgrade.. It also had a great write up in "What DVD" last year... very happy with mine… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I bought this Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player because...”

Written on: 08/10/2003 by jherbert (1 review written)

I bought this Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player because nothing in the same price-range offered the same range of audio outputs on the back. Having got it for a bargain price I was anticipating it may not offer the highest quality but have been very impressed. The menus are not very intuitive and nor is the remote control, both take some time to get familiar with.

The picture quality is excellent.

While the number of different audio outputs on the back is impressive, the quality of the sound is… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I had one of these some time ago and it was a truly...”

Written on: 07/07/2003 by Bonzo Banana. (1 review written)

I had one of these some time ago and it was a truly excellent player. Loved it. It wasn't noisy, was feature packed and basically did everything I wanted. Then an updated firmware became available and I went for it and put it on a cdrw and upgraded the player. Many of the features of the new firmware were great but there were a few issues that meant I wanted to go back down to the earlier firmware. It wouldn't let me. Anyway I complained to Cyberhome and they got Richer Sounds to replace my… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“This machine played everthing i had to throw at it,...”

Written on: 15/06/2003 by cakka. (1 review written)

This machine played everthing i had to throw at it, and since the firmware update its even better.
when people say its good for the money, it makes me cringe.
You think that you are bying a budget player, when what you are buying is a dam good dvd player and it top's alot of the leading makes.
The cyberhome ad-l 528 is bye far one player that deserves a try, plus it uses a pc dvd drive so its even better if it goes wrong in the future(but it probably wont).
I would give this player 10/10 if i… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“You can pick the Cyberhome AD-L 528 up for under 100...”

Written on: 10/04/2003 by jon. (1 review written)

You can pick the Cyberhome AD-L 528 up for under 100 pounds and it had some good reviews in What Hifi but ultimately it is disappointing. Some discs do not play smoothly on it, eg my Monsters Inc disc has subtitles permanently on, which does not happen on my PC, and there are major glitches in other films such as memento. The player is noisy so I don't bother using it for music, the volume is too low, the remote is awkward and unresponsive, the player is chunky and not great to look at. I am… Read Full Review

The Grim Reaper.'s Response to 87881_jon.'s Review

Written on: 15/06/2003

i think you should either get a decent hifi or get your hearing tested, this player is a superb unit.
<br>if your's is doing what you claim then get an exchange,
<br>it might have a fault.
<br>i have mine hooked up to a dolby digital amp and it sounds superb.
<br>so as for your review. (its pants)

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I'VE BEEN THROUGH 2 OF THESE MACHINES FROM RICHER...”

Written on: 21/01/2003 by MONGOOSE. (1 review written)

I'VE BEEN THROUGH 2 OF THESE MACHINES FROM RICHER SOUNDS,THE 1ST PLAYER STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF FILMS AND HAD TO BE POWERED DOWN TO RESTART IT BY THEN YOU COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO WATCH TO FILM. THE 2ND PLAYER HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MAINS LEAD AND MACRO'S PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND AND POOR PICTURE QUALITY (LIKE RUNNING COLOUR ON BRIGHT IMAGES). LUCKILY RICHER HAVE HAD NO QUIBBLE IN CHANGING THE MACHINE AND I NOW HAVE AN ACOUSTIC SOLUTIONS 651 AND FIND THIS SMALLER AND A FAR BETTER MACHINE… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Excellent conversion from NTSC to PAL, SVCD, DVD and...”

Written on: 07/12/2002 by tin. (1 review written)

Excellent conversion from NTSC to PAL, SVCD, DVD and MP3 all play excellent… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Good all round performer, sound is a little quiet, and...”

Written on: 02/12/2002 by Pr][nCe. (1 review written)

Good all round performer, sound is a little quiet, and a little tinny, mp3 works really well as does the cdrw mps music play, not enough features to tune the sound in tidy it always seems tinny… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Last weekend I bought the Cyberhome AD-L 528 to...”

Written on: 07/10/2002 by Menace. (1 review written)

Last weekend I bought the Cyberhome AD-L 528 to coincide with the arrival of my new philips tellie (21"). I have to say i'm happy with the combination. If you're like me (waiting 'til SACD players get cheaper and for more SACD material to come out), but also want to watch dvd's (used to hook up my pc to the tellie) pick this one. Multi-region and good sound (provided you use your amp to deal with the decoding). Remote is bit funny but I rarely use it - i just start the movie and just watch the… Read Full Review

92621_Char.'s Response to 42205_Menace.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2003

do you have the regional code for cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD Player please
<br>

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Just purchased one of these Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD...”

Written on: 27/09/2002 by Andy Wood. (1 review written)

Just purchased one of these Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD players from Richer Sounds in Stoke. I was a little apprehensive about reports of it being a bit noisy, but decided to give it a try.

Maybe I am just lucky, but I cannot hear any noise out of it whilst playing a disk (even with the TV sound turned off).

It plays my VCD's and MP3 Disks perfectly, its also easy to switch between MP3 albums on the same CD by turning by pressing the "display" button and selecting the appropriate option - you dont… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“i bought the Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD playerand never...”

Written on: 22/09/2002 by alnimer. (1 review written)

i bought the Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD playerand never had a problem with the player. When my son lost the remote control it was replaced free of charge… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I got the Cyberhome AD-L 528 dvd player as a...”

Written on: 17/09/2002 by JimmyCa. (1 review written)

I got the Cyberhome AD-L 528 dvd player as a replacement for a faulty acoustic solutions dvd421. Richersounds replaced it with no problem as they had no more acoustic dvd players. I was a little apprehensive as it was much larger than the acoustic one and thought i might have been a little cheated.

But when i got home i was struck by how good the silver model looked, and when connected up it was easy to set it to region free. When i started playing the quality and sound was excellent (even… Read Full Review

Cakka.'s Response to JimmyCa.'s Review

Written on: 15/06/2003

the review was short and to the point, and what's more i totaly agree.
<br>the cyberhome ad-l 528 is a super piece of kit.
<br>and the size makes it stand out and at least your getting more casing for your money.
<br>cakka uk.
<br>

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Got my Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player from Richer...”

Written on: 29/08/2002 by Rawshark. (1 review written)

Got my Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player from Richer Sounds for a staggeringly low £99.95! For this I've got a multi-region player which will play all my SVCDs and also the built-in Dolby Digital decoder works a treat with my nice Sony (none Dolby Digital) amp.

Read some reviews saying the picture quality wasn't up to scratch - maybe I am ignorant of how good a picture should be but on my Sony WEGA it's perfect!

I can't see any reason to pay any more than £100 for a DVD player after seeing what… Read Full Review

107695_Cakka.'s Response to Rawshark.'s Review

Written on: 16/06/2003

I like this review, it's nice to hear that someone else sees the good points of the ad-l 528.
<br>The picture is good, people who complain about it are probably watching it on a 14'' portable telly.
<br>If you buy a dvd player for a lot of money then you should remember that your telly also should cost about a £1,000). It's no good buying a Sony for £300 and watching it on a cheap telly.
<br>I have got a panasonic quintrix 28'' wide screen, and the picture is excellent. Also, what do people mean the sound is tinny on the mp3 side, mine isn't. Perhaps the gramophone they use to pipe the music through is getting a bit old now.
<br>Anyway, I like this review very much and I will give it 10/10.
<br>cakka uk

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Ok, the Cyberhome AD-L 528 is not the best DVD player,...”

Written on: 17/08/2002 by Rik Green. (1 review written)

Ok, the Cyberhome AD-L 528 is not the best DVD player, but it has a pile of features and so far it works well. Perhaps I'm just lucky and got a good one but I'm surprised at the bad reviews. It's supports Dolby pro-logic and S-Video. it's easy to set up for 'all region'. For a novice, I think it's OK… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“See the Good points on the Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD...”

Written on: 20/06/2002 by Jens. (1 review written)

See the Good points on the Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player. They tell it all… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“Overall, I'm impressed with this Cyberhome AD-L 528...”

Written on: 25/05/2002 by Dan. (1 review written)

Overall, I'm impressed with this Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player for the money. For around a hundred quid you get a lot of DVD player, most of which is of good quality. I can't fault the picture or sound quality, it's easily capable of performing as well as players twice its price, and even on some of those you don't find analogue 5.1 audio output.

The bad points - I wouldn't bother using the headphones sockets, extremely poor quality. Front panel is a bit plasticy. Unusually, the audio L/R… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I have had two of these Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD...”

Written on: 23/05/2002 by Shane. (1 review written)

I have had two of these Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD players. The first had a habit of stopping during play of DVD's and the only way to continue was to power off, then on, then return to the same chapter and timeslot. The second would not allow the RGB setting to be used - the TV went blank (I was using SCART). All in all a poor performance...I've changed manufacturers now… Read Full Review

Stonefly.'s Response to 24453_Shane.'s Review

Written on: 10/08/2002

I have had no problems at all with my AD-L 528.
<br>100% reliability and it plays everything I ask it to play.
<br>It is worth reading the manual of course, which clearly explains (on p17) that the menu for MP3's can be accessed by pressing the 'program' button while an MP3 disc is being played. I tried it - it worked!

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“The Cyberhome AD-L 528 is my first DVD player so i...”

Written on: 14/05/2002 by Wez. (1 review written)

The Cyberhome AD-L 528 is my first DVD player so i can't really compare it with anything, but for £100 it was well worth the money. It plays whatever vcd/svcd/dvd i thrown in it and the quality is fantastic for such a low priced machine.
I also use the machine as an audio & mp3 player frequently and it's a breeze to use, with a crisp, punchy sound.
Yes it's bulky, yes it's ugly, but if you want functionality and quality without paying for a brand name, this is the player to go for… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“The Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player plays just about...”

Written on: 29/04/2002 by rene. (1 review written)

The Cyberhome AD-L 528 DVD player plays just about everything and it's an easy-to-use great player. One minor point is that it's big… Read Full Review

Cyberhome AD-L 528

“I have bought the Cyberhome ADL528 DVD player...”

Written on: 25/04/2002 by SiL. (1 review written)

I have bought the Cyberhome ADL528 DVD player yesterday, the price was 133 Euro.
Well, I have already a great panasonic player in the living room, the 528, I put into my sleeping-room, to watch some films before sleeping (i am a video junkie... :))
Of course, the quality was not as good as the panasonic's ... but hey, this one is abot 250 Euro cheaper...
For this money it is a very good player! The sound and picture are excellent and the functions also... a build-in decorder is for this money… Read Full Review