Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End Reviews

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“This film is the best of the 3 and has a hard-core...”

Written on: 05/12/2008 by Shooter4life (11 reviews written)

This film is the best of the 3 and has a hard-core fight at the end where the pirates over power the outnumbering naval army… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“Not as good as the other two pirates of the Carribean...”

Written on: 12/02/2008 by chez18 (172 reviews written)

Not as good as the other two pirates of the Carribean films but still I went and watched it! I did get lost with the story line AGAIN which I have made a habit out of now!!! This film was abit confusing at times and not my favourite but Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp made watching the film more pleasant!!!… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“I was really looking forward to seeing Pirates Of The...”

Written on: 09/07/2007 by riker (77 reviews written)

I was really looking forward to seeing Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End as I really enjoyed the first two films. It took quite a long time for Jack Sparrow to appear and seemed to be concentrated on Elizabeth and William. I can see why some people would say it was confusing, there were a lot of contradictions and too much pirate folklore. The end wasn't much good as it didn't really finish as such. It did tie up some of the earlier story lines but wasn't a very satisfactory… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“I did struggle with the second Pirates Of The...”

Written on: 11/06/2007 by suzy wyatt (11 reviews written)

I did struggle with the second Pirates Of The Caribbean, but went with friends to see this one as I do like Johnny D. It really is too long and too dull though :-(

Am heading for oceans 13 - should be better, anything would be though!… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“I loved the first POTC, I was slightly disappointed...”

Written on: 10/06/2007 by wilmot99 (2 reviews written)

I loved the first POTC, I was slightly disappointed with the second in the trilogy and hated this last one! It really is that bad!… Read Full Review

252776_Anonymous101's Response to wilmot99's Review

Written on: 11/06/2007

Is it a trilogy or will there be more?

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“In my opinion I absolutely love Pirates of the...”

Written on: 07/06/2007 by ChrisyP (9 reviews written)

In my opinion I absolutely love Pirates of the Carribbean, it has got to be the best film ever made. All 3 of the films are very good... the effects are amazing and the storyline is class. Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End is the final film where all the corners of the earth come together and fight at war. Captain Jack Sparrow is still very funny and Johnny Depp plays the part exceptionally. The only down fall is the length of the film. It is definitely worth the money and I would advise… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“I think Verbinski, Bruckheimer and the writers spread...”

Written on: 29/05/2007 by bonnylass (1 review written)

I think Verbinski, Bruckheimer and the writers spread themselves too thin trying to do 2 movies at once. It was confusing, it was dark and I think the ending was a huge let down. I went to the premiere of the movie at Disneyland and even with all the stars there, it got a polite applause.
I think it will die an untimely death in a few weeks… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“I really enjoyed this film. Still not quite as fresh...”

Written on: 29/05/2007 by matt of bicester (16 reviews written)

I really enjoyed this film. Still not quite as fresh the first, but contained enough new elements to keep the interest.

Having not been particularly impressed with the second film, it was refreshing to leave the cinema with my expectations exceeded. The special effects and action sequences reached a new level in complexity, excitement and realism. What pleased me most, though, was that it was just plain fun. I absolutely loved the Davy Jones' Locker sequence, in which the film-makers… Read Full Review

Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End

“There has been a lot of rubbish written about Pirates...”

Written on: 25/05/2007 by Hank (124 reviews written)

There has been a lot of rubbish written about Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Many critics will have you believe that this film isn't worth seeing, is boring and lacks humour. In response to that I would say such sentiments are a load of garbage. While At World's End isn't as good as The Curse of The Black Pearl it is still a very enjoyable film that is well worth the price of admission.

The great thing about the Pirates of The Caribbean franchise is that it is good, clean fun with… Read Full Review

Helen Of Troy's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 29/05/2007

Excellent review as always Hank! We have just been to see this film and agree with everything you have put in your review.
<br/>Great film! My 8 year old seemed to follow the plot better than I did. He was on the edge of his seat at some of the scenes!

Bertie's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 28/09/2009

I found this review very helpful because of previous experience of Hank's sound judgement of films. I had the three episodes of Pirates on DVD from eBay for seven quid and watched them wearing my upmarket headphones on a huge TV with full stereo sound and all the gubbins. Zounds, what sounds and we won't talk about the picture quality!! Wow!! Thats what I call ENTERTAINMENT!!

Helen Of Troy's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 23/06/2007

I missed the scene at the end credits Hank! Knew nothing about it until I saw Bozinater's post in the forums! So annoying!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 06/06/2007

Shiver me Timbers, I need to go and hire me a thar DVD then don't I, before I does go down the Cinemas like, thanks a lot me harty's.

Hank's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 05/06/2007

Ahoy there Micky69! The answer to your question is a resounding YES. POTC 1 is fairly independent of 2 and 3, but 2 and 3 are basically a double header. There are characters and plot developments that won't make sense to you unless you have seen Dead Man's Chest.

252776_Anonymous101's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 05/06/2007

I have seen POTC 1, do I need to watch 2 before 3?

Affleck's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 30/05/2007

Absolutely agree with everything you say, this film doesn't take itself to seriously and I watched it with a smile on my face all the way through. A triumph for the film makers, i also did not want it to end

Hank's Response to Hank's Review

Written on: 29/05/2007

Hi Helen, I'm glad you liked the review and more importantly that you liked the film!
<br/>
<br/>Did you see the scene at the end of the credits? Unfortunately I missed it and only found out afterwards which I'm not happy about.
<br/>
<br/>I look forward to reading your review of this film on the Review Centre shortly!!!