Pinnacle Studio 8 Reviews

Manufacturer: Pinnacle Systems
Features:
  • Capture and edit DVD Quality MPEG video from your DV or Digital8 camcorder
  • Import and edit MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files
  • Easy drag and drop editing lets you assemble your masterpiece
  • Includes Studio version 8 software, Hollywood FX plus for Studio, and a fully professional video capture card
    Platforms: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows XP
  • Refine your search

Pinnacle Studio 8

“Pinnacle Studio is easy to use but you have to pay to...”

Written on: 08/04/2009 by bobak (1 review written)

Pinnacle Studio is easy to use but you have to pay to get the key for transitions and effects, for every option that come standard wiht other video editig softwares and included in the price you pay, this one wants money, they realy suck money out of consumers. I bought studio 9 and then I discontinued using it… Read Full Review

Pinnacle Studio 8

“Easy to use. Not much of an upgrade from 7 however...”

Written on: 19/03/2008

Easy to use. Not much of an upgrade from 7 however still a very valuable piece of software for me, brilliant Editing Software. Well recommend, I would actually prefer 7 as it didn't crash anywhere as near as 8 and 8 has lots of patches… Read Full Review

Pinnacle Studio 8

“This product needs serious re-engineering. I must...”

Written on: 08/02/2007 by Orane Bailey (1 review written)

This product needs serious re-engineering. I must confess, that I am now trying out Adobe Premier, and even though I find pinnacle Studio 8 more user friendly I am thinking of switching permanently because I feel cheated by Pinnacle Studio 8, because after giving up several times and then rebuilding my system, service packs, and hardware specs I am always presented with new bugs and no end to the glitches and problems. So all in all, conceptually it is awesome but its a poorly built software… Read Full Review

Pinnacle Studio 8

“Pinnacle Studio 8 has to be the worst piece of...”

Written on: 18/12/2004 by paulmasters (1 review written)

Pinnacle Studio 8 has to be the worst piece of software I have ever worked with. It came with the DV Movie box (which is very good) and I've spent many hours getting very frustrated and wasting dozens of DVD-R's. I moved on to DVD-RW's, but it still manages to make 4 out of 5 discs redundant. There are many glitches with the whole process of making a disc and the glitches never appear to happen at the same place, so it becomes impossible to put it right the next time you try.
    I have only… Read Full Review

Wendy B's Response to 172640_paulmasters's Review

Written on: 30/05/2005

Thank god for that, at first I thought it was me who was stupid, had nothing but trouble too, (ended up buying Roxio solved my problem's) even the help program is flawed in Pinnacle I just deleted it in the end, it drove me crazy freezing and causing crashes its got to be one of the worst on the market for problems

Pinnacle Studio 8

“I have bought this software with Pinnacle Movie BOX...”

Written on: 10/10/2004 by cap nemo (1 review written)

I have bought this software with Pinnacle Movie BOX (The hardware for video capture) because I had to change in digital format my old VHS of my family.
    The hardware is good. The software (pinnacle 8, 9 and upgrades) is the worst software on the market !! I spent hours and hours, days and days of my time on projects and I had a big stress because this software is full of bugs!
    I have thought that the problem was my computer. I changed RAM, video cards, XP edition and Service packs...nothing of… Read Full Review

Pinnacle Studio 8

“Pinnacle Studio 8 is the biggest piece of garbage on...”

Written on: 31/07/2004 by Saleen (1 review written)

Pinnacle Studio 8 is the biggest piece of garbage on the market. Spend the money for a better video editor, because all the time you will WASTE using Studio 8 will cost you more than a good piece of software would, not to mention the stress you will have from spending hours and hours on a project only to spend DAYS trying to burn it to DVD without success. After hours of rendering, the program will sometimes just hang at random spots and you will have to start again from scrath. Sometimes… Read Full Review

Pinnacle Studio 8

“Pinnacle Studio 8 is the worst video creation and...”

Written on: 31/05/2004 by dasmobile (1 review written)

Pinnacle Studio 8 is the worst video creation and editing software I have ever used from a stability point of view. When trying to edit a 40 min video it crashes every 3 - 4 mins. It's useless.

I'm just grateful I live in Thailand where I can buy Studio 9 or Premiere Pro or anything for that matter for $2!!!… Read Full Review

Pinnacle Studio 8

“Pinnacle Studio 8 makes creating movies of your videos...”

Written on: 31/01/2004 by smith1806 (1 review written)

Pinnacle Studio 8 makes creating movies of your videos and still images very easy to create. Many transitions to choose from, many titles and menus, and the whole process is very easy to pick up.
    Unfortunately, there are so many bugs, it is hard to recommend it. I continue to use it because of its flexibility and all its features. I try to work around the bugs. Hopefully, Studio 9 will clean up the bugs… Read Full Review