Goodmans GDC 1388 Reviews

• Battery Life

Goodmans GDC 1388 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Goodmans GDC 1388

Goodmans GDC 1388

“have been happy with camera but now lost software cd. ...”

Written on: 22/11/2009

have been happy with camera but now lost software cd. where to obtain for gdc1388… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“Delighted with this little camera - simple enough even...”

Written on: 15/10/2004 by kate frances (1 review written)

Delighted with this little camera - simple enough even for me! My only problem is that I've lost my Goodmans GDC 1388 instruction manual in a house move and need to re-program my computer. Can anyone help?… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“For a long time I was using my Goodmans GDC 1388...”

Written on: 09/07/2004 by mattjohnpowell (1 review written)

For a long time I was using my Goodmans GDC 1388 camera as a webcam. After a system restore and re-install of the drivers (the ones supplied on the CD) the camera no longer works as a webcam. I do remember that when used as a webcam the driver I had to select was something like WDM Still Image Capture (then some numbers like: 2000.0b). Does anyone know what/where/how to get these drivers. I assumed it was part of DirectX but I downloaded the new version and the cam still doesn't work. Any help… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“My daughter has used this Goodmans GDC 1388 Digital...”

Written on: 08/02/2004 by mudskipper (1 review written)

My daughter has used this Goodmans GDC 1388 Digital camera a few times and it's already failing. The flash and delete buttons do not work anymore. The pictures tend to be poorly exposed on the majority of snaps. It suffers from a lack LCD for preview shots… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“very good cam but i need a driver for windows me plz...”

Written on: 26/09/2003 by cameo (1 review written)

very good cam but i need a driver for windows me plz plz plz can some one help me ?… Read Full Review

Liamguinness's Response to cameo's Review

Written on: 29/01/2004

might be a bit late but i have a cd if u email me ur address i will send it to you. Liam_fatboy@hotmail.com

Goodmans GDC 1388

“If you're looking for a camera thats cheap, basic and...”

Written on: 14/09/2003 by big benny (2 reviews written)

If you're looking for a camera thats cheap, basic and simple to use, then the Goosmans GDC 1388 may well be right down your alley. But as far as features go, this model falls drastically short of the mark, which leads me to say- you can't buy a porsche for the price of a skoda.
Beginners and those who are being forced into purchasing by a crazed next of kin who's desperate to add 'digital camera' to their show case of un-needed items: go out and buy one of these, Serious photographers: run for… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“I did post the XP drivers for a Goodmans GDC 1388...”

Written on: 09/07/2003 by Ray Green. (1 review written)

I did post the XP drivers for a Goodmans GDC 1388 Digital Camera on www.new-brighton.fsnet.co.uk , my site has now movered to www.new-brighton.f2s.com. I will keep the drivers there until I run out of web space. Hope it helps, Ray. PS use at your own risk. They work fine for me… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“Good overall first digital camera. Easy to use and...”

Written on: 28/06/2003 by Val Taylor. (1 review written)

Good overall first digital camera. Easy to use and easy to download pictures. Good value for money… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“This camera is a tidy little thing and very easy to...”

Written on: 08/03/2003 by Flingel. (1 review written)

This camera is a tidy little thing and very easy to use. But to take a good picture with it is very tricky (or I'm no good at it). They either come out too light or too dark. The flash is maybe to good?

My main problems with the camera are its insatiable hunger for batteries. I've put brand new Duracells in it and it lasted for 5 flashes before it complained the battery was flat. If you take them out and rub them then it's fine for another 2 shots or so.

My other gripe is the software… Read Full Review

Ras1303's Response to Flingel.'s Review

Written on: 28/03/2004

Win Me update to Media player9 and install Directx8.1, run sandra 2002 and check under
<br>System summary module, the Camera will show
<br>up as XGA Digital Camera WDM Video Capture, and
<br>will function as a Webcam.

Goodmans GDC 1388

“I have recently got Windows XP. You will need new...”

Written on: 26/12/2002 by Doug. (1 review written)

I have recently got Windows XP. You will need new drivers http://www.mustek.com./Download/driv_ibd/english/gsmart350.html Great camera and easy to use… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“having recently installed Windows XP Professional I...”

Written on: 19/11/2002 by kentishbloke. (1 review written)

having recently installed Windows XP Professional I have had the same problems as many others with the camera drivers. Having phoned the helpline on the front cover of the manual I was advised to go to the Mustek website (www.mustek.com.tw), go to the support page, choose drivers, chose the camera icon, select the GSMART350 camera & follow the instructions given. The address of the actual page is :-http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/driv_ibd/europe/gsmart350.html I haven't yet tried it, having… Read Full Review

53524_Kentishbloke.'s Response to 51930_kentishbloke.'s Review

Written on: 26/11/2002

oops, should have tried the drivers before I posted the review! Not only that, I gave the wrong instructions, what a sieve head! Anyway, the guy at goodmans told me to go to the european mustek website from www.mustek.com.tw then goto drivers, enter the first 2 letters as shown on the screen & download the GSMART350 camera drivers. there are 5 files, 4 at over 1.3Mb & a smaller one. I have tried these, but they didn't work for me. Anybody got any good ideas? I've tried goodmans since then, but no answer from their customer helpline! some help!!!

Shandyman's Response to 51930_kentishbloke.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2004

Just to update on the above, I rang them got through in two rings. They called back within 15 mins and were sending one out to arrive the next day.
<br>Shame they couldnt have posted it onto website and saved themselves postage!!....and us time.
<br>Well done goodmans anyway.
<br>P

Phil Locke's Response to 51930_kentishbloke.'s Review

Written on: 12/09/2003

Contacted Goodmans (after 3 hours of trying) nice chap answered, I asked for Windows XP disc for the Goodmans GDC 1388. No problem he said, I will put one in the post toninght. Problem solved?

60432_Doug.'s Response to 51930_kentishbloke.'s Review

Written on: 26/12/2002

Here is the exact URL:
Gonna give it a go!!

59329_Surreybloke.'s Response to 51930_kentishbloke.'s Review

Written on: 20/12/2002

Thankyou mr Kentishbloke!.
I have for over a week now been trying to get through to the helpline with no luck. I have also been trying to find help via the web and ended up here reading your comments.
I also have just brought a new computer running xp and a goodmans 1388 digital camera that does not work.
Guess what... while typing this ....someone answered and I am now being sent the xp disk!
If anyone else reads this you, should try this number 02392391000 Good luck! and merry xmas.

57383_Kentishbloke.'s Response to 51930_kentishbloke.'s Review

Written on: 11/12/2002

Further to my previous review, I had no luck with the drivers from mustek. I then tried to contact the Goodmans helpline & all I got was a constantly ringing tone, occasionally getting the recorded message about their opening times etc... Finally, I got a real human being! After givin him the serial number of the original disk I had, he said that it wasn't the XP disk (I already guessed this!) and that he would send the correct disk. Faithful to his word I recieved my disk the very next day! There's service for you. The moral of this tale is if you have XP & can't use your camera, politely ask for the XP installation disk in the first place, saves alot of hassle!

Goodmans GDC 1388

“could you please tell me the drivers I need to use my...”

Written on: 09/11/2002 by paul. (1 review written)

could you please tell me the drivers I need to use my goodmans GDC 1388 digital camera as a web cam thanks… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“Tidy little camera which takes great pictures,...”

Written on: 02/11/2002 by Paul. (1 review written)

Tidy little camera which takes great pictures, especially with the close up macro feature. The price makes this an ideal first digital camera. However the flash is too intense within 6 feet of the subject, it looks like a nuclear blast has gone off behind me. Anybody got any neat tricks to obtain better photos using this flash?… Read Full Review

89490_Mick.'s Response to 47838_Paul.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2003

It's not the right fdriver, you need the G Smart 850, the goodmans is a rebranded Mustek...check out http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/driv_ibd/europe/gsmart850.html Jesus this was hard to find out...Goodmans are rubbish!!

Goodmans GDC 1388

“When i first purchaced my Goodmans gdc 1388 digital...”

Written on: 02/10/2002 by bevnmartin. (1 review written)

When i first purchaced my Goodmans gdc 1388 digital camera the macro switch was broken and there was no bundled webcam driver so I was a bit disappointed. I exchanged it for a different one and the disc came with the updated driver and it worked first time. It also came with win xp driver, but don't know if it works as i have win 98. After the initial disappointment and lack of driver, I was really pleased to find that i could use it as a webcam and save on battery life as the usb cable… Read Full Review

62712_Scotty.'s Response to bevnmartin.'s Review

Written on: 06/01/2003

I agree. A great little camera. But no software for webcam use. This really put me off. Still can't find any help. Soo any tips welcome. :-(

Goodmans GDC 1388

“The Goodmans GDC 1388 is a nice looking digital camera...”

Written on: 08/09/2002 by kev. (1 review written)

The Goodmans GDC 1388 is a nice looking digital camera and simple to use.
i say buy and try… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“The Goodmans GDC 1388 is an excellent little digital...”

Written on: 06/09/2002 by kev. (1 review written)

The Goodmans GDC 1388 is an excellent little digital camera. Only problem is that the flash is too powerful for indoors close ups. Outdoor quality excellent… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“LOST LOADS OF PHOTOS BECAUSE OF GOODMANS. I HAD 7 OF...”

Written on: 31/08/2002 by yosser. (1 review written)

LOST LOADS OF PHOTOS BECAUSE OF GOODMANS. I HAD 7 OF THESE - I TOOK EVERY ONE BACK (ALL BROKE ON ME). GOT A KODAK INSTEAD - BRILLIANT CAMERA. IF ONLY GOODMANS HELPLINE WOULD ANSWER I WOULD HAVE STUCK WITH THEM - EVEN AFTER 7 CAMERAS… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“The Goodmans GDC 1388 is a good all round tool. It is...”

Written on: 23/08/2002 by B.Fone. (1 review written)

The Goodmans GDC 1388 is a good all round tool. It is a very nice small camera taking very good and sharp pictures.
Also works well as a web cam. As yet i can not fault this camera or the software. I would like to find goodmans website, if anyone has it can you please post it on here it would help a lot of peaple. Very well done Goodmans - A1… Read Full Review

35231_Digi.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 28/08/2002

Hi is it possible to email me the drivers that run the The Goodmans GDC 1388 cam as a webcam - many thanks
<br>in2netl@hotmail.com

Heartagramlady's Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 18/09/2004

Hi! Could someone please e-mail me the drivers for the GDC Goodmans camera? I wouldn't mind the ones that turn it into a webcam. I would be very greatful if someone could help me on this. I am desperate!
<br>thank you
<br>Kirsty
<br>heartagram_lady@hotmail.com

Ras1303's Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 28/03/2004

The XGA Digital Camera WDM Still Image Capture
<br>is reported in the system device on control
<br>panel only as a device, for Windows Me you should install MPSetup.exe (Media Player 9, then DirectX 8.1) you can get a freeware Eyeball Chat 2.2 which will run the Camera as a
<br>XGA Digital Camera WDM Video Capture (reported under System Summary Module - MultiMedia within Sandra 2002). It does
<br>work especially better in Win XP, but it is
<br>acceptable in Windows ME. Its worth remembering to
<br>leave the GDC 1388 connected and on whilst doing
<br>above on usb (WinMe will detect it better). The Eyeball utility also accepts MSN,AIM,
<br>Yahoo! & Buddies!.

Cameo's Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2003

hi would would you be able to send me the drivers for the goodmans camera plz thank you
<br>cameo20202001@yahoo.com

115348_Lakey.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 13/07/2003

please could you email me the drivers to use this camera as a webcam as i have searched every site i can think of with no luck thanks Lakey@aol.com

Maddi.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 09/07/2003

Having just bought today a Polaroid PDC2350 digital camera today and finding that it is too hard for me to use, I have been reading reviews on various cameras and this is the best yet that would suit me. Full marks for your reviews it is most helpful to people like me who haven't a clue on red eye and zoom lenses etc., just plain and simple will do. A+

Mattwhitworth.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 25/04/2003

GDC 1388.....great little camera. Camera and Software so easy to use, but I can't find out how to use a a webcam! Can you help please??

85367_Sion.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 02/04/2003

dear mr fone,can u let me no,where to get the driver and sofware to use the goodmans gdc1388 as a web cam on windows 98 i would be very grateful to you ,as i bought the camera as chrimas present for my long suffering girlfriend who would like to use as webcam to talk to here family in chesire ,yours hopeing and praying sion

61690_Brian.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 31/12/2002

Hi cyril, Drop me an EMAIL and I will let you know what to do fonebess@aol.com

61240_Cyril Todd.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 29/12/2002

FORGOT TO MENTION DRIVERS WEBCAM1388 TO RUN IN XP ....

Cyril Todd.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 29/12/2002

AN EXCELLENT SITE ON VISITING AND AS A SENIOR CITIZEN OF 79YRS YOUNG, NOT NEW TO COMPUTING, HAVE USED COMPUTERS IN ASSOCIATION WITH HAM RADIO BUT NEW TO DIGI CAM.. I HAVE PURCHASED AND GOT WORKING .....THE GOODMANS 1388 BUT NOT AS A WEB CAM .... I WONDER IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO MAIL ME THE NECESSARY INFO AND DRIVERS TO MAKE IT WORK AS A WEBCAM.....? IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED, IN ANTICIPATION .....SINCERELY
<br> C.TODD

47929_Jonny.'s Response to B.Fone.'s Review

Written on: 03/11/2002

Hi!
Please can you tell me which drivers I need to use the goodmans 1388 as a webcam for use with windows xp. My e-mail is jonnythegr8@hotmail.com
thanks

Goodmans GDC 1388

“The Goodmans GDC 1388 is a good digital camera, good...”

Written on: 23/08/2002 by missdaney. (1 review written)

The Goodmans GDC 1388 is a good digital camera, good value for money, small and compact. Pictures are either too dark or too light and is a bit of a pain when transferring to a folder - i like to send them to desktop but there's no default for this… Read Full Review

Goodmans GDC 1388

“I first discovered this camera on the UK Argos website...”

Written on: 05/08/2002 by Cat. (1 review written)

I first discovered this camera on the UK Argos website and couldn't believe that they were selling it for £69.99. All other cameras that I had looked at, with a picture quality of over 1 million pixels, were selling for well over £100. Naturally I thought that there must be a catch..
However, I received my camera today (same price from http://www.littlewoodsextra.com , since Argos had sold out) and so far I'm very pleased with it. I've taken about 100 photographs already and have even made a… Read Full Review