Venture Inn, Ombersley Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Venture Inn, Ombersley - Ask a question now

“Well done”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by Clarefp (1 review written)

We recently had a family gathering and mid week lunch at The Venture Inn. The food was all delicious and the venue and service very good. We spent several hours enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and all for a very reasonable price. Thank you! Small point though..should remove that bin from outside the door..I suppose it was waiting collection… Read Full Review

“We had a lovely evening at the Venture In in...”

Written on: 06/02/2011 by paule23 (1 review written)

We had a lovely evening at the Venture In in Ombersley. On arrival we were greeter by a roaring fire and relaxed on a sofa drinking a cool G&T whilst choosing our meals. There is a set price for three courses, including coffee and petis fours, so no worries abut choosing an expensive option. I had Chicken Liver parfait to start, my better half had what she described as "square sausage and poached egg', obviously the menu called it something different! Both were lovely.

This was followed by… Read Full Review

“The Venture Inn rewarded us with absolutely perfect...”

Written on: 15/11/2010

The Venture Inn rewarded us with absolutely perfect food, interesting wine list, and a delighfully relaxing ambience in a snug little space inside a centuries-old building. First dined there while stranded in England during the great volcano scare of April, 2010 and immensely enjoyed the braised short rib -- a robust triumph; could not resist hosting a luncheon there on my next visit the following September, and was equally smitten by the light-as-a-feather Hake served under a potato crust… Read Full Review

“Simply great - food was delicious and the wine list...”

Written on: 07/10/2009

Simply great - food was delicious and the wine list had some surprising touches.

Found it by complete accident and found this site looking for the details i missed on the night.

Very good indeed!… Read Full Review

“We have been back to Venture Inn, Ombersley, a few...”

Written on: 10/08/2009

We have been back to Venture Inn, Ombersley, a few times now. The food is outstanding and the service is extremely friendly and welcoming.

The wine list provides an excellent and varied selection (I must recommend the Mudhouse Sauvingnon Blanc) and the handmade chocolates with your coffees at the end of the night are lovely touch. The owner let us take some back with us for the baby sitter. He even made a tin foil swan to carry them in....funny, but very kind and thoughtful.

The only slight… Read Full Review

“It's been a while since we went here. We'd originally...”

Written on: 10/11/2008 by nedbrab (22 reviews written)

It's been a while since we went here. We'd originally planned to eat at the Kings Arms but there wasn't anything on their menu I liked that day so we came a couple of buildings up the road to the Venture Inn and I ventured in! We had to wait on seats by the door with a drink. It was very reminiscent of a 1960's restaurant. I remember being taken to establishments like this when I was a child. I'm in my late forties now and I was pretty much the youngest person in there, apart from my partner!… Read Full Review

“Quality and variety of food excellent. Service...”

Written on: 30/09/2008 by K McDonald (1 review written)

Quality and variety of food excellent. Service excellent. Price very reasonable. Wine list provides a good choice. House wines excellent.

The Venture Inn is not flashy and pretentious. It's a pity there aren't more restaurants of this calibre in the UK… Read Full Review

“A real breath of fresh, originally from...”

Written on: 07/09/2008 by JDG (1 review written)

A real breath of fresh, originally from Worcestershire, but now living London, the Venture Inn is everything a restaurant should be, owned by the chef, who actually cooks the food, the location is great, the set price menu is broad enough in choice to be interesting and the "Fish evenings" (every second Wednesday - I think) are wonderful. I've taken girlfriends, parents, mates and business associates and all have loved it. There are a lot of restaurants in London that could learn a great deal… Read Full Review

“I live in London and this would be twice the price for...”

Written on: 04/11/2007 by markherring (1 review written)

I live in London and this would be twice the price for half the culinary skills. Great for a quiet dinner for two. Good wine list… Read Full Review

“The Venture Inn in Ombersley is the kind of restaurant...”

Written on: 18/04/2007 by egon (1 review written)

The Venture Inn in Ombersley is the kind of restaurant we will not be returning to… Read Full Review

Sairmerrick's Response to egon's Review

Written on: 14/05/2010

I found this review not helpful because... This review seems quite extreme for such a short description. I have been to the Venture Inn several times and I have found the d cor and attitude of the staff very pleasant. The cost of food is in line with the quality and the quality is very good. I am aware that we are all giving opinions and as such they are all subjective, but to give 1 star out of 5 for quality of food seems harsh. One explanation could be that this reviewer went in 2007 and the last time I went was early 2010 - I don't know if it has changed hands and/or changed Chef, but I would certainly recommend the Venture Inn to anybody wanting a lovely meal out in Worcestershire.

Timo73's Response to egon's Review

Written on: 07/11/2011

I couldn't understand why this restaurant didn't score 5 from 5 but I see it was due to this moronic report. To write such unsubstantiated drivel makes a mockery of the reviewing process.
I have been to The Venture In at least once a year for the past 5 years as I have family in the area. The restaurant matches the charm of any restaurant I have ever eaten in, \"No ambiance\" can refer only to the pleasant dining environment and appropriate background music that anyone other than Pizza Hut regulars will appreciate. The menu can indeed require some translation or culinary knowledge at times but anyone willing to ask will always find polite knowledgeable answers to their questions from the excellent staff. And 25 pounds for 3 courses that would cost well over 100 in most London restaurants of this standard really has to raise the question of value vs cost. The vegetable side dishes are worth returning for alone.
Please please please don't follow this review if you are considering The Venture In, if you are considering eating there I assure you you will enjoy it, one star for Quality of food really is so far from reality. However if you do want 2 micro waved mains for 5 quid perhaps carry on with your search. Oh Egon was however spot on about the parking!