Pacific DVD-750 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Pacific DVD-750 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pacific DVD-750

“£39 Purchase 8 yrs use”

Written on: 21/01/2012 by MarcusTB (1 review written)

Time to say goodbye, finally after 8 yrs loyal and trusted service the disc player started to go wrong. Not all DVDs are affected however as a multi-regional player it has certainly lasted longer and better than other "big brand" players… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“Our Pacific DVD-750 DVD player developed a strange...”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by A Holyoak (13 reviews written)

Our Pacific DVD-750 DVD player developed a strange very loud vibrating noise for the first 10-15 minutes til it has warmed up fully, ASDA happily exchanged it as it was only a couple of weeks old. Our new player was very noisy skipping around tracks & when listening to it late at night with the sound down low the motors etc seemed noisy, but it was very cheap & you do tend to get what you pay for. Picture quality was fine, sound quality not so nice as it made everyone shout, even when they… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“I bought the Pacific DVD player in 2002 in ASDA and it...”

Written on: 11/04/2005 by Clark Gwent (1 review written)

I bought the Pacific DVD player in 2002 in ASDA and it plays most things, but there are a few discs it will not play at all. Recently I purchased a legitimate box set of Joss Wheldon's FIREFLY TV series, of which I am an enormous fan, and it quite simply will not play it. This is most disappointing as by now the device is well out of guarantee and I cannot get a refund. I would strongly advise against purchasing one of these because you never know, a few years down the line, you might suddenly… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“This Pacific DVD-750 is a great dvd player, Reasonably...”

Written on: 05/05/2004 by street65 (1 review written)

This Pacific DVD-750 is a great dvd player, Reasonably old but still stands strong even in todays market. Irritating that the Free 9 key display does not configurate with the default Exp 4 Fty lock.
But great!!… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“The Pacific DVD-750 is a nice dvd, vcd, mp3 player,...”

Written on: 22/02/2004 by MadMan Forever (4 reviews written)

The Pacific DVD-750 is a nice dvd, vcd, mp3 player, didn't have any trouble with it, i recommend it to everyone wanting a good player at a low cost… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“I bought the pacific 750 at en ebay auction last year...”

Written on: 15/09/2003 by vada80 (1 review written)

I bought the pacific 750 at en ebay auction last year in december. It doesn't not play vcds or svcds and can't find some songs on my mp3. Is there any update which i could download? Because in germany there`s no asda. Or should i send an email to the manufacturers? I hope you could help me. Thanx
Katja… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“We have had the Pacific DVD-750 DVD Player for nearly...”

Written on: 28/08/2003 by pammi (1 review written)

We have had the Pacific DVD-750 DVD Player for nearly a year and can't say a wrong word about it, it is that good we are buying 2 more for xmas presents for the family!!!!… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“The model I bought from Asda in Feb/March 2002 works a...”

Written on: 13/01/2003 by Chris. (1 review written)

The model I bought from Asda in Feb/March 2002 works a charm. But later stock doesn't work as specified in manual. Keep away till they have been fixed… Read Full Review

117431_Brian.'s Response to 65015_Chris.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

We got one last year and seems to work OK but insisted on being connected to scart 1 rather than scart 2. Plays VCD, MP3 OK but won't show jpegs. Anyone got any ideas on how to get it to show pictures rather than just video?

Pacific DVD-750

“I have had the Pacific dvd750 for 5 months, in that...”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by Jon. (1 review written)

I have had the Pacific dvd750 for 5 months, in that time it has played everything vcd,svcd,MP3,DVD,DVD-R,DVD-RW with no problems. Even with 45p DVD-R there appears to be no glitch from DV Camera via MYDVD software to the pacific. This player has few faults and these are accepted with the cheap price… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“I got the DVD from A Place in Middlebrough, In The...”

Written on: 27/10/2002 by Stephen. (1 review written)

I got the DVD from A Place in Middlebrough, In The North East Of England. The Shop's Call "Superscreen". More in Stock - also it say's Will Not Play VCD's… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Pacific DVD-750

“I am thoroughly disappointed in that every DVD watched...”

Written on: 21/10/2002 by Geordie. (1 review written)

I am thoroughly disappointed in that every DVD watched on this Pacific DVD750 DVD player either froze up completely or jumped constantly. After 6 weeks I have had enough and I am never buying Pacific again. I suppose if you buy cheap you get cheap!… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“I'm happy with the Pacific dvd-750 DVD player. I have...”

Written on: 21/09/2002 by Jman. (1 review written)

I'm happy with the Pacific dvd-750 DVD player. I have seen other people have mixed reviews. My multi-region has allowed me to purchase dvds that ain't even out in the UK yet!
And view Vcds as well (which are always cheaper) and I must say the quality of Vcd is getting better… Read Full Review

49283_Jean-Marian.'s Response to Jman.'s Review

Written on: 08/11/2002

I purchased it from Amsterdam/Holland this week and the seller has told me that it didn't work with cd-r's,vcd's and any of the cd's recorded with my PC. I'am also looking for a multi region hack for Pacific DVD750, can anyone help, please?... Hopefully, Jean-Marian

Onions.'s Response to Jman.'s Review

Written on: 18/05/2003

I also am very happy with the Pacific 750 with Vcd, cd, cdr etc, have happily deregionalised it with 8421, but I cannot disable macrovision with 4561. Please email anonionspresentationtwo@hotmail.com if you know of any other way to disable macrovision. Lovely machine.

63415_Jman.'s Response to Jman.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

I have had no probs with VCD's I have aquired some from Hong Kong and they play fine. It maybe that you have bought them as VCD's and they are not maybe they have a different format and are only compatible with PC's for and example. The only thing I haven't tried is to play MP3....not to sure how that works yet.

Cushyh.'s Response to Jman.'s Review

Written on: 04/01/2003

We've tried the macro hack open tray key 4561, this should show macrovision enable/disable then close tray but it didn't work for us. We also had a different multi region hack code 8421 and this worked fine. If anyone knows of any other macro hack for this player please email me. :-)

Dodgey.'s Response to Jman.'s Review

Written on: 01/01/2003

to make the 750 multi region:
<br>open drawer,select 9,8,1,7 on remote
<br>press enter untill "all" is displayed.
<br>i can't get mine to play vcd's,any suggestions??

☆☆☆☆☆
Pacific DVD-750

“I purchased a Pacific dvd player model DVD750 in...”

Written on: 15/09/2002 by misty69. (1 review written)

I purchased a Pacific dvd player model DVD750 in January of this year. Upon taking it home we tested it and found it to be working ok but not wanting to watch a dvd at that moment left it for a while. When we returned to it we found that not only would it not play but it would not even turn on!Yet my dvd was still inside it! We returned it the following day and were assured that this was an isolated problem so collected a replacment. This one lasted approximatley 6 weeks before succumbing to… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“I read other reviews on this page and decided to buy...”

Written on: 12/09/2002 by Neil. (1 review written)

I read other reviews on this page and decided to buy the Pacific 750 from Asda on 11/9/02, realising I could activate the Multi-region. This prove to be a piece of cake.

After a couple of tries I managed to boot a cheap dvd-r Movie backup and it runs smoothly. The only thing is when I change chapters, the player can't seem to handle this and crashes. This only happens on the backup though. Originals work a peach. This has to get 10 stars if only purely for the excellent, no-fuss 3 yr… Read Full Review

49284_Jean-Marian.'s Response to 37504_Neil.'s Review

Written on: 08/11/2002

I purchased it from Amsterdam/Holland this week and the seller has told me that it didn't work with cd-r's,vcd's and any of the cd's recorded with my PC.I'am also looking for a multi region hack for Pacific DVD750, can anyone help, please?... Hopefully, Jean-Marian

Pacific DVD-750

“I bought this Pacific dvd-750 approximately 1 week ago...”

Written on: 29/08/2002 by maz. (1 review written)

I bought this Pacific dvd-750 approximately 1 week ago - 1st dvd player I have owned. I was very pleased except I decided I should have vcd option so decided to get another model which would play them. Took it back to Asda. Toured the local stores & bought Alba 108 £69.99 -Argos...returned, very noisy drive, poor sound, fair picture.
(played vcd with Hack), Next bought Apex AD1100wb - Asda (Good old Asda) £69.80. Touted as mp3 kodac picture cd jpeg readable - store info said cdrom soon… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“The Pacific dvd-750 DVD player is supposed to play...”

Written on: 20/08/2002 by ian c. (1 review written)

The Pacific dvd-750 DVD player is supposed to play vcd's but the 2 I've had from Asda didn't. The guy in the shop assured me they should. They are due new stock this week. Will the problem be fixed? I gave in and bought the 1002 model. This plays everything I have tried and was cheaper. Nuff said!… Read Full Review

35448_John.'s Response to 33967_ian c.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2002

I also have the Pacific DVD 750 from Asda. It plays VCDs without any problems - this was the reason that I bought it as my older Matsui simply refused to play ball. Are you sure that you are encoding your VCDs correctly when you write them - and have you tried them on other DVD players?
<br>
<br>Apart from that the 750 is brilliant value for money. True, the drawer mechanism is a little slow - as are other functions. But when it's playing both the picture (particularly through the component video outputs - how many budget decks have that?) and the digi sound are terrific. At this price range I think it's virtually unbeatable, so I can't understand the rating given in this review.

117913_Antropolis.'s Response to 33967_ian c.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2003

the one i got plays everything except divx files...it plays mpeg, avi, vcd svcd mp3 cd-r dvd-r its good.i was a bit dissapointed that you can zoom in but not out !
<br>:-/

76908_Rab.'s Response to 33967_ian c.'s Review

Written on: 02/03/2003

I bought one of these a couple of months ago from Asda, and it is clearly stated on the packaging that it plays VCD's... but it definately doesn't.
<br>
<br>I will be taking this up with Asda, whom I have heard supply a firmware update to re-enable the VCD function.

65014_Chris.'s Response to 33967_ian c.'s Review

Written on: 13/01/2003

I bought a Pacific DV-750 in November of this year as xmas pressie for the eldest. Set it up boxing day and guess what it didn't play vcd's.
This was my first buy of this model. I bought one in Feb last year and that one works fine.

47239_Steve.'s Response to 33967_ian c.'s Review

Written on: 31/10/2002

The Manual for the DVD-750 clearly states that it will play MPEG1 and 2 formats. A VCD is MPEG1 format and so we are within our rights to expect it to play them. I am taking mine back to Asda for a refund or to swap for the cheaper model mentioned above.

40302_Nicki.'s Response to 33967_ian c.'s Review

Written on: 28/09/2002

hi i work at asda, the reason why you can't play vcd's, is that they've taken that function off them, if you read the packaging it no longers says vcds...

Pacific DVD-750

“Open & close operation on the Pacific dvd-750 DVD...”

Written on: 18/08/2002 by Fev. (1 review written)

Open & close operation on the Pacific dvd-750 DVD player is a bit poor but otherwise all seems OK at the moment… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“for $88 it must be the best dvd in the world ive over...”

Written on: 15/08/2002 by gazza 1972. (1 review written)

for $88 it must be the best dvd in the world ive over 180 vcd and there as good as my dvd originals… Read Full Review

49285_Jean-Marian.'s Response to gazza 1972.'s Review

“Help! ”

Written on: 12/08/2002 by Steve. (1 review written)

Help!
We're having intermittent problems with audio on DVD playback. Normally, audio quality is fine but we experience a problem where the sound mutes to an unrecognisable mush for no apparent reason. Happens on every DVD we've tried to play - thought I'd 'fixed' it yesterday by switching off Dolby and resorting to surroundsound only but five minutes later (and on the same scene) the audio was terrible again!
Anyone got a clue how to sort this?
Connection is by SCART plug to the TV… Read Full Review

Pacific DVD-750

“Has anyone got the codes to enable the copied vcd...”

Written on: 10/08/2002 by missile2. (1 review written)

Has anyone got the codes to enable the copied vcd prevention?… Read Full Review