Ford Escort RS2000 16v Reviews

Ford Escort RS2000 16v - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Escort RS2000 16v

Ford Escort RS2000 16v
Ford Escort RS2000 16v

“Mine is the rarer mk6 4x4 model,performance is very...”

Written on: 07/05/2011 by onepd (1 review written)

Mine is the rarer mk6 4x4 model,performance is very good for a non turbo car and as for handling its very good indeed compaired to the 2wd version although the 2wd is a tad quicker ,its cheap affordable fun motoring which is what the RS brand is all about,plenty of aftermarket parts are available for this great car as well as the main RS owners club who have a wealth of knowledge on this car as well as many regional groups like middlesex rsoc & rs2000-16v.com ,rust is the only issue really with… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to onepd's Review

Written on: 30/06/2012

dear sir i have an rs2000 16 valves and if you please just tel me from were in the uk can i by the set of gaskit include oil pump and con rod & crank bearing thanks in advance emanuel from malta

“the ultimate driving machine in the right hands!”

Written on: 07/01/2010

the ultimate driving machine in the right hands!… Read Full Review

“I had mine for 4 years. I had it featured in Fastford...”

Written on: 06/09/2007 by spooj (2 reviews written)

I had mine for 4 years. I had it featured in Fastford magazine Feb 2005 halfway through my tinkering ownership.
I worked the engine to 171bhp and 158lbs torque which then put in into another league. You're passing ST170's and copper-s with relative ease. It appreciates a bit of lowering and a choice set of alloy wheels and then it begins to turn heads like it should have when Ford decided to "tone it down" shall we say.

It has full pedigree winning in rally competition under the careful… Read Full Review

“Very good perfomance from an underratted and often...”

Written on: 21/08/2005 by RSnutter (1 review written)

Very good perfomance from an underratted and often overlooked car. The car is faster than its book speeds, it will comfortably beat standard RS turbos and ST170 Foci. That is not biased, as I've owned a 38000 mile Escort RS turbo, and have driven the ST170 many times. The RS 2000 fills the clock quite quickly, and I've hit the limiter in 5th on private roads before :P Car handles well and the brakes are good, especially on the mk6 which has abs all round (earlier examples and 4x4's only have… Read Full Review

“I've had my Ford Escort RS2000 16v for five years and...”

Written on: 11/11/2004 by rs2kmad (1 review written)

I've had my Ford Escort RS2000 16v for five years and all in all I can honestly say "I aint bored of it yet", I use it every day and every day I end up with a big smile on my face.
I have modded it with a 2.3 galaxy bottom end and retained the 2.0 head and camed it, then I chipped it and fitted an aftermarket filter and exhaust and it came up with 230 bhp at the wheels and i tell you this, it aint slow,
It can give a scooby a fright when asked to because it only looks like a 1.4
over all… Read Full Review

“I thought this Ford Escort RS2000 16v would be a...”

Written on: 20/10/2004 by baldrick (5 reviews written)

I thought this Ford Escort RS2000 16v would be a seriously fast car but as it can only manage to hit 0-60 around 1 second faster than a 2 litre mondeo it really isn't that quick.

You have to keep it above 4000 rpm to get any decent acceleration but since the gear ratios are very close you are in 3rd gear at around 50 mph.

Economy was good though, I averaged 31mpg and most of that was going quite quick. Don't expect it to last though, the paint around the filler cap started bubbling and was… Read Full Review

Icurus's Response to baldrick's Review

Written on: 11/05/2007

I wonder how much performance a 15 year old German diesel had?
<br/>
<br/>The engine is 15 years old, and a lot of development work on engines has happened since then, so yes the engine is a bit out dated now, but its still a good performer.
<br/>
<br/>Yes rust is a big issue on this car, and Fords in general of the same era. So a proper inspection of the bodywork is very important. Repair panels etc are available though.

“Had the choice: Sell my Ford Escort RS2000 16v it for...”

Written on: 15/05/2004 by wildblue (1 review written)

Had the choice: Sell my Ford Escort RS2000 16v it for peanuts, or do a complete overhaul. The cost of the overhaul/Re-manufacturing was about the same price as a Japanese or Korean tin box. No choice.
Since I bought it new in 1979, I expect it'll last longer than I will!… Read Full Review

“Ive owned my Ford Escort RS2000 16v 1997 P plate from...”

Written on: 25/01/2004 by Simon E (1 review written)

Ive owned my Ford Escort RS2000 16v 1997 P plate from almost new and have now coverd 55,000 very happy and entertaing miles in her.

For a car that origionally started production over ten years ago it shows just how good the RS2000 was at the start of its life. With racing pedigree in the Formula 2 World rally Championships it shows just how strong the 2 ltr twin cam 16 valve engine is producing 148 Bhp and 140 Lbs Ft of torque from the factory.

The performance and handaling are a world apart… Read Full Review

Andygoonerlawson's Response to Simon E's Review

Written on: 10/03/2004

I have a k-plate example which has been the best car I have ever had. Such a great car to drive fast or slow. Not the best but for the money it cost me, not a bad word to be said.