Royal & Sun Alliance Car Insurance Reviews

Royal and Sun Alliance Car Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Royal and Sun Alliance Car Insurance

Royal and Sun Alliance Car Insurance

“Impossible to log in to website”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by Annat280 (1 review written)

I have been trying to log into the website for over six months, and just constantly get a message from their customer service to say they have problems with their website. When you phone them they just try to direct you to a website that you cant get into, or charge you extra for not doing it online. They want customers to use an online service but dont have a reliable website. Takes ages to get through on the phone but they are happy to take your money on an 0844 number while you wait… Read Full Review

“Run Sun Alliance is on Top!”

Written on: 05/12/2013 by JohnJango (1 review written)

I highly recommend RSA! They have provided me with outstanding auto insurance. They are their when I need them and always answer my questions. The great thing about this company is that they offer you options. RSA has kept me safe while on the road. Thank you RSA!… Read Full Review

“royal sun's good insurnce..broker asger pedersen not...”

Written on: 15/10/2013

Please do not give your money to these people. From the moment I paid my money to them, I was made to regret it. As soon as you've paid they will begin threatening to fine you and cancel your policy. The customer service is probably the worst you'll ever receive. The service is so bad, and the threats so abrupt and aggressive, that you'll try to leave them. But you won't be able to do that because they'll point out that the small print specifies that leaving them will cost you almost as much as… Read Full Review

“Dont insure with this company via cashback site...”

Written on: 31/07/2013

I insured my car via Topcashback site expecting £45 cashback 3 months ago but still nothing, if they cant afford to honor cashback why advertise? Also top cashback should remove this from their site. They might be cheaper than others but it is not good for their parent co more than… Read Full Review

“Beware paying by credit card”

Written on: 23/07/2013

I paid my daughters car insurance last year by credit card. This year the renewal was more than half as much again as other insurers so I told them I would not renew. They then took the full payment from my credit card! It is now proving to be a problem to get the money back. They promised to refund within 3 to 5 days but no refund. They now say it could take another 10 days to refund to my bank, if the underwriters agree??? They admit it is their fault that they took my money without… Read Full Review

“No RSA car Insurance!”

Written on: 13/06/2013 by 4better (1 review written)

I bought my insurance with AA - who had subcontracted to RSA. Most appalling service - took them almost 5 days to even look at my documents. I did all the chasing up with the garage and with sending RSA files, and they could not even acknowledge receipt of my email. Why do I pay for Car Insurance? Can someone remind me please. I am capable of letting the DVLA know - I am also capable of calling a garage and getting the car sorted in the best way possible - I can even if need be go down to… Read Full Review

“Never be in reverse gear with this crowd”

Written on: 11/06/2013

Ended up with RSA Ireland as work has a deal with them. Out of loyalty over those 3 years I chose to stay even though it was €50 more expensive than nearest quote from AA. However, I won't be touching them with a bargepole in the future. Was in a car park with the car in reverse gear. Didn't even move out of my parking box. Woman swerved into me but she drove off before details were exchanged but I got photos. No damage was caused to either car so left at that. About a month later, I… Read Full Review

“Cancellation Charge”

Written on: 02/06/2013

I received a letter asking me to pay by return 26.33 for a policy that was cancelled prior to my renew date due to me finding a cheaper policy. It looks like if you do not renew with them and you cancel you get charged automatically for cancelling Also if you have a direct debit and you do not renew with them please cancel your direct debit otherwise they will take out a payment. Need proof of no claims for my new insurance company after 2 weeks still not received customer service is shocking… Read Full Review

“cancellation charge of £27.76”

Written on: 24/04/2013

RSA RENEWED MY CAR INSURANCE AND TOOK £63.48 FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT ASKING ME FIRST IF I WANTED TO RENEW MY POLICY. . I HAD NOT ASKED THEM TO RENEW MY POLICY. I HAD TO CANCEL ON LINE AND WAS CHARGED £27.76. I ALREADY HAD A POLICY WITH ANOTHER COMPANY. DO NOT USE ROYAL AND SUN ALLIANCE FOR CAR INSURANCE. Also i emailed them and received no answer… Read Full Review

“Echoice Car Insurance”

Written on: 13/04/2013 by pookstar (1 review written)

I tried to change my car insurance (echoice) on line last Saturday morning as I was due to pick up my new car later that day. Once I had updated my car details and went through to the next page a message came up to say that there were problems and to try again soon. I tried again many times that day and have been trying ever since and here we are one week later and it still isn't working. I tried to phone them today using the 0844 premium rate number on the site but they are only available… Read Full Review

Solo77's Response to pookstar's Review

Written on: 29/04/2013

I wish I had read this before using this company, all I have experienced so far is stress. I tried several times to pay with my master card, then after several error messages decided to use a debit card. Once I paid there was a message to say that I could download my policy via their website. When I tried to log in a message appeared stating that they were having issues with the website and try logging in tomorrow. Feeling extremely anxious that I have parted with my money and nothing to show for it.

“Poor company & customer service.”

Written on: 09/04/2013 by Cwife (1 review written)

My husband was asked for his V5C and his driving license. He felt unhappy about sending these documents in the post, they could be lost, or used fraudulently? He is in his mid 50's and been driving since he was 17. He has NEVER been asked for these documents before. When he questioned this he was told if he didn't comply his insurance would be cancelled! If he wanted to cancel the policy, he would be charged £25, even though the policy hadn't started yet, although the fee had been paid!! Its… Read Full Review

Debbieandeva's Response to Cwife's Review

Written on: 13/11/2013

I know how you feel , I was involved in an accident, not my fault at all, but they just didn't care and blamed me for it didn't even wanna fight my corner , all they cared about was getting there money back , all I got was rudeness every time I phoned , Iwish iI could change as they are terrible .

“Cant insure new car online & call centre closed for 4...”

Written on: 01/04/2013

Bought my new car on good Friday, tried to update online, but there was a problem with this and it told me to call contact centre to update details. Unfortunately this was closed and would be all weekend. I tried again on easter Monday (public holiday), I was transferred to emergency breakdown department. In explained I wasnt calling about breakdown but the man on the phone had no idea if the contact centre was open but assumed not. There was Nothing on phone or website to indicate this… Read Full Review

“*********** DO NOT INSURE WITH ECHOICE/ RSA **********”

Written on: 28/03/2013

Do not insure with this 'company' they are so rubbish, heres why - 1) they want you to send in your driving licence, not a photocopy, the real driving licence, if it gets lost- tough. 2) They want you to send in your passport, yes YOUR PASSPORT, no photocopies!! 3) Whilst you may think 'ok fair enough it proves who I am' they dont actually tell you this anywhere... You have 15 days from the start of the policy to send in these details, if you do not send them in within 15 days, YOU ARE NOT… Read Full Review

“RSA CANADA STAY AWAY RIP OFF ”

Written on: 22/03/2013

THIS INSURANCE PLAYS GAMES SO THEY DO NOT HALF TO PAY OUT WHAT THEY OWN. ALSO THEY SENT A ADJUSTER TO MY HOUSE WHO IS A LIAR AND SAID HE WAS A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR AND WAS NOT SHOWING ME PICTURES AND MAKING ANOTHER LIE ABOUT BEING THERE WERE TFOR MHE PICTURE WAS TAKEN THAT DAY BUT THE PLACE HE MENTIONED WAS WRONG. I HAD TO FIGHT FOR A YEAR FOR MY CAR MONEY WHEN I WAS HIT AND NOT MY FAULT. ALSO THE LADY THAT HIT ME GOT CHARGED AND I HAD TO GO TO COURT FOR HER TICKET I GOT SUPINA TO GO TO COURT… Read Full Review

“Excellent value ”

Written on: 17/02/2013 by pilkers (1 review written)

I was with Elephant car insurance but cancelled after they renewed my policy at a massive premium without contacting me. I only noticed they had done so when I saw a large charge on by bank statement. I then used confused.com and found an amazing deal with echoice. When I then added details of a speeding offence I had received earlier in the year much to my surprise they reduced the quote even further! I also used the live chat on the echoice website. Customer service was nothing amazing but… Read Full Review

“echoice - avoid at all costs”

Written on: 15/02/2013 by macbeth67 (1 review written)

Appalling - I used them for my mother's car insurance last and good quote (hence they get one start) but the website is rubbish - hard to log in, frequent crashes and incredibly frustrating. But at least we were covered and had the Royal Sun Alliance name to give confidence. But having just done my wife's insurance in Feb 2013 I've had the same experience of a dreadfully unreliable website (incredible for an online product)- but now total failure to get documents completed. They took my money… Read Full Review

R_U_Up4It's Response to macbeth67's Review

Written on: 20/02/2013

Macbeth67, you have my sympathies.

***PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE WITH ECHOICE ***

I like many others usually choose my car insurance by price - the lowest cost for the cover i require wins my cash. However, the carrot of some nice cashback took me on this one. All looked good. BUT HOLD ON: If the only thing i beg you to do is google "echoice review" and see what a (SELF EDIT: WORD REMOVED) they can be! In no way do i wish to demigrate individual members of staff, who like me bust a gut to make a living, but if consumers vote with their feet (or shall i say policies lol) and the Board, Directors, senoir managers et al analyse their 'customer' feedback - maybe, just maybe this organisation can make good this terrible excuse for an insurance company.

Briefly, my problems started on boxing day (26/12/12) as soon as clicked "submit" to pay for my policy. Their website crashed, I recieved no acknowledgement, had no online access to my account, therefore unable to print the necessary documents etc., useless online 'chat' facility where the rep gave out totally misleading information (backed up in the eventual email reply i recieved). I'd rather have boiled my own head - it was that frustrating! After almost a month of this I called again (all at my cost) to query what's going on, I requested they send my certificate by special delivery, rather than 7 to 10 days that they tried to palm me off with. Certificate arrived next day - lo and behold, the policy commencement date had been altered to yesterday (they day i called them!) I called again. They advise that due to a 'systems error', my payment and account had to be set up manually. This also means that the main feature of this policy, namely "...you can manage this account online..." was no longer available to me - everything had to be done over the phone or by post - ironic "yippee!!"
eChoice made no attempt to email, write or call - a matter of courtesy - to tell me about the problem, advise that I was covered and the error THEIR SYSTEM caused. Instead, they wrote on 01/02/13 to advise that if payment is not made by the policy expiration day 27 December 2013 (yes, definitely 2013 - i found that weird too) that my policy would be cancelled.
Next, my bank statement arrived. I noticed a credit of my policy amount from echoice. I thought: "A refund? Why? I had no letter of explaination. Wanting to stay on the straight and narrow, I call again to get clarification. With the usual call centre security clearance sorted, I kindly request what is going on.
Basically, because of this 'systems error', echoice's accounts dept. closed my existing policy, refunded my payment (the credit on my statement) and opened a new policy - all without my knowledge (note for file: THERE GOES MY CASHBACK for what it's worth!!!) I was told in my telephone call earlier today with a customer advisor that they've sent out a demand for payment letter (which i'll probably recieve by the weekend), but were unwilling to document their error, leaving me in a predicament of being technically uninsured if i was to have had an accident, pulled by police etc. They were happy to sarcastically say "...what more do you want? I've just explained everything to you over the phone; however we can take the payment now..." I'm no lawyer, but if my defence came down to "...well, your honour, someone called (name removed) told me over the phone that i was insured, but they didn't acknowledge my payment, send me my details etc....." i'd be laughed all the way to the slammer!! Do you see where i'm coming from?
I won't bore you any more, suffice to say, that was my experience with echoice JUST TO GET THE DETAILS OF POLICY I HAD TAKEN OUT AND PAID FOR LEGITIMATELY, LET ALONE TRYING TO MAKE OR NAVIGATE A CLAIM!!!
I refused to make a payment over the phone as they refused to email me any documentation tracking this issue. So after almost 2 months and having my payment refunded (echoice are awaiting my payment for their 'fantastic' insurance policy which is somewhere in the post) I've decided to give them the royal salute; As soon as i finish this essay, i will immediatley obtain quotes and purchase elsewhere - EVEN IF IT COST MORE THAN (no pun intend) ECHOICE. Believe me, the few quid saved at the beginning has cost me loads more in calls, time spent emailing and the hassle-factor this 'shower' reckons they've saved me.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. PLEASE DON'T GO THROUGH WHAT I'VE HAD TO ENDURE. IF YOU DO, LIKE ME, YOU MAY REGRET IT.

ok, let's see what Aviva are like: google "aviva reviews"

Helenzest's Response to macbeth67's Review

Written on: 07/04/2013

I too have insured my car with RSA echoice but, 3 1/2 months later am still waiting to get my certificate of insurance and policy document as I can't log on to the website (always a problem, never fixed), the email address doesn't work and telephone calls (to expensive 0845 numbers) promise but don't deliver.

Robbo_Uk's Response to macbeth67's Review

Written on: 01/03/2013

more than car insurance
the website crashed i still dont know the insurance has gone thro altho the bank says they have took my money so im assuming i am.
two 20 min fone calls @ premium rate only to get cut off both times.
service is a joke...... wish id paid a few quid more and used a reputable firm not a royal sun alliance one

Macbeth67's reply to Robbo_Uk's Comment

Written on: 01/03/2013

My situation got even worse ... e-mail from eChoice saying 'we can't supply documents but as we have taken your payment we can confirm you are covered. That was Feb 15th. No documents ever arrived. Yesterday, letter arrives saying 'your policy has been cancelled from Feb 16th and your payment returned'. It was ... they got that bit right thank god. But, no explanation at all and my partner has been driving around uninsured since 16th Feb to 28th Feb. This company is appalling - I immediately called a rival firm and arranged insurance on the spot. Seriously, do NOT risk it even for the low premium. Appalling.

“You get what you pay for”

Written on: 08/02/2013 by mac100 (1 review written)

I went with Echoice RSA purely because they were the cheapest quote offered through Compare the Market, and I recognised RSA as an established insurance company. (At this point i'll mention I had no problems with Compare the Market's service and would use that again) Six months into the policy I'm looking to change my car to a similar model. I got a quote as a new customer at echoice to get a rough idea of the cost of insuring the new car, it was roughly £5 more per month so I figured there… Read Full Review

“NO TELEPHONE NUMBER ON THERE WEBSITE”

Written on: 16/01/2013 by whippo (1 review written)

This company are completely useless to deal with.No telephone number anywhere on their website.The company I HAVE GONE WITH NOW will not accept a printout by me of their renewal schedule for N.C.D.purposes have tried to get them to send a posted copy from them have been told by email because it is online transaction they do not send posted copies.What a shambles of an sopposedly quality insuranc company [PART OF THE SUN ALLIANCE GROUP]You can find a telephone number if you ask in GOOGLE there… Read Full Review

“Worst Insurance Company Ever”

Written on: 01/01/2013 by Watchdog2013 (1 review written)

I was sucked into buying car insurance from these muppets via an insurance comparison website. I bought a new car and needed to notify echoice of the change. Their website wasnt working so I had no choice but to phone them on a premium rate number. After paying an extra premium for the new car insurance ( fair enough) I asked for a copy of the insurance certificate. I was told I would have to get that off the website- yes, the website wasnt working! After explaining that their website wasn't… Read Full Review

“Not even a month in and terrible”

Written on: 10/12/2012 by skintscottish (1 review written)

Had I known this review for ECHOICE [provided by RSA] had existed I would NOT have taken out car insurance with them. As it stand I am stuck now with a terrible company who in just over 2 weeks have made me feel like I have made a terrible error. Yes I went for the price but they are the single worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. I had to alter my telephone number because for whatever reason the numbers I DID enter were not shown on the policy... They tried to charge me for this! I… Read Full Review

R_U_Up4It's Response to skintscottish's Review

Written on: 20/02/2013

you too have my sympathies. see my post on here.