Alba Reviews

Alba - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Alba

Alba

“a good cheap TV, but .......”

Written on: 07/03/2012 by chrispy38 (1 review written)

We've had this TV for approx 3 years, with no problem. But now we have a blank screen! I can change channel and adjust volume, but the screen is blank. I'm trying to find out if it can be fixed. Having searched online, it appears that the brand has been bought by Argos, so I guess that's where I need to start my inquieries. Is it just me, or does nothing seem to last these days??… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to chrispy38's Review

Written on: 13/06/2012

The worst TV ever made, mine did not last 3 years just over a year and the TV will suddenly switch off and it doesn't matter how many times I try it wouldn't just come up again. I took it back to Argos and they claim the one year warranty is over , they however offered to send it back to the manufacturer, the TV came back worse off. I can hardly watch a program for an hour these days. still don't know what to do. It is the worse experience ever.

Chrispy38's Response to chrispy38's Review

Written on: 15/06/2012

I cantacted Argos, they said I had to produce the receipt (after 3 years?!), and get a repair man ourt to look at it and provide a report!
We were going to throw it out, but my nephew took it, looked up online about how to repair it, & it was relatively simple, but I won't be getting another one

Alba

“Alba 32" LDC Flat Screen Tv - purchased at Tescos Dec 2009”

Written on: 08/11/2011

Pros : Value wise you can't argue. at the time the cost was pretty damn good. Quality again was fairly decent. Scart plugs. AVG. HDMI, AVI input as well making for great computer split screening. has a nice menu allowing for multi-platform customizing along with a nice gaming filter giving a sharper image. Cons: Stand by is a Constant flashing blue light. the only "Off" feature is to unplug at the wall. within 4 months the remote control became faulty. soon the touch buttons on the flat… Read Full Review

Alba

“ Having recently purchased, an ALBA 32" HD Ready,...”

Written on: 14/02/2010

Having recently purchased, an ALBA 32" HD Ready, Freeview TV, from
ARGOS, I find it great value for money.
I paid £289.99 for this, and can't understand how they do it for
the price.
It performed perfectly, right out of the box, and continues to do so.
Good work ALBA, long may you continue. W.S.Molyneux… Read Full Review