The Palace Theatre, Manchester Reviews

The Palace Theatre, Manchester - Ask a question now

“We booked seats in the Grand Tier for the Sound of...”

Written on: 23/12/2009

We booked seats in the Grand Tier for the Sound of Music, having called TicketMasters and asked for the best seats available. There was no mention of limited legroom at the time of booking though I accept that when I printed the electronic tickets it did say so on them.

I find it incredible that a theatre like this can exist in a modern era. It may be grand and ornate but the seats were so small and the legroom so limited that I actually opted to skip the second half of the performance as I… Read Full Review

“The seating here is very uncomfortable (circle). I...”

Written on: 19/04/2008

The seating here is very uncomfortable (circle). I would go to another theatre if there is a choice because of this. Also looks a bit grubby inside… Read Full Review

“The Palace Theatre is a reasonable venue which gets a...”

Written on: 30/03/2007 by SayHelloToTheAngels (37 reviews written)

The Palace Theatre is a reasonable venue which gets a range of stuff from pantos at Christmas to big name musicals to gigs. I've been inside to see Miss Saigon and also to see the Eels play. It's an old theatre with elaborate decor but looks a bit like it's falling apart.

The acoustics are pretty good, but the seats are horrible and uncomfortable and too close together. When I saw Miss Saigon I could only see half the stage owing to the angle and the fact that the flat floor downstairs meant… Read Full Review