BMW 5 Series 520d M Sport Reviews

• Reliability

BMW 5 Series 520d M Sport - Ask a question now

“irish kop”

Written on: 02/11/2012

have a 2012 520D M-SPORT and the petrol consumption around town is 27 MPG, this is not a figure you will see on any bmw reviews… Read Full Review

Welsummer's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2013

Hi, I have a 2008 model auto,as above .I return the same ,

D4Dmh's Comment

Written on: 08/04/2014

I'd advise putting diesel in your 520D in instead ;-)

“Probably the best put together car I have owned. Good...”

Written on: 08/01/2010

Probably the best put together car I have owned. Good value to contract hire, very economical and tax efficient. Despite my fears the 2.0 diesel has plenty of power (for me anyway) and is smooth and quiet. Some complain that the interior is sparse but I think it looks very classy. Don't de-bage it - wear your environmentaly friendly credentials with pride!… Read Full Review

“The new 177bhp 2.0D M Sport is great. The update...”

Written on: 02/06/2009 by krjd1 (5 reviews written)

The new 177bhp 2.0D M Sport is great. The update engine produces more power, is more economical and has lower emissions. The new electronic (fly by wire) automatic shifter certainly seems to improve shift times as kick downs happen almost immediately you push a bit harder making the car feel very responsive and quicker than it actually is. The acceleration is very progressive and lesh harsh than the 530D or 535D and doesn't so much throw you into the back of your seat as push you firmly. It… Read Full Review

“The driving experience, fuel efficiency, great looks...”

Written on: 15/11/2008 by martynp (1 review written)

The driving experience, fuel efficiency, great looks and excellent driving position.
The iDrive system is not as good as the Ford Convers system in the Mondeo Titanium X model and it only has one electric point inside the car. Not ideal for the kids DVD players in the back.
Love the car but wish it was easy and reasonably priced to upgrade the operating system (iDrive) for bluetooth for my phone and SatNav… Read Full Review

“I have just ordered my next one after having this one...”

Written on: 11/10/2008 by edrich007 (1 review written)

I have just ordered my next one after having this one for the last 2 1/2 years and doing 80,000 miles. Excellent Handling, good MPG, great Mid range power, look really beautiful and well it was executive car of the year 2003 through to 2007. Much better build quality them a Mercedes benz which is what I had always driven prior to this had 7 through the years Non of which come close to the 5 series.
You cant beat it at this level of executive car only thing I have done is gone for the Msport this… Read Full Review

“I opted for the BMW 520d M sport as it hit the money...”

Written on: 05/06/2008 by darrenp (1 review written)

I opted for the BMW 520d M sport as it hit the money from a company car tax point of view. I added some options to the standard M spec. Leather/Media package/USB interface (put mp3's on a memory stick and use the iDrive to play them... brill) speaker upgrade and lumbar supports. Its makes the car £34.1k for P11d purposes but does not cost me a great deal more per month than the £25k Volvo S60 D5 SE it replaced (another good car)… Read Full Review

“Didnt feel that I had purchased a vehicle that was...”

Written on: 25/03/2008 by lousw1 (2 reviews written)

Didnt feel that I had purchased a vehicle that was executive car of the year 2003 -2007 when I bought my BMW 520d M Sport. I was disappointed overall with the experience with my first BMW and it will be my last. Dealer I purchased my vehicle from I certainly would not recommend. Its the biggest purchase of a vehicle I have made… Read Full Review

Tom H's Response to lousw1's Review

Written on: 18/04/2008

Which dealership did you buy it from?