Britannia Sigma Reviews

• Style

• Service & Support

Britannia Sigma - Ask a question now

Britannia Sigma

“Had I'd seen these reviews I would not have brought it!”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Aimeei290 (1 review written)

I brought my Britannia range cooker based on design,I wanted a separate grill and storage, looks , size and colour. I could not find a 100cm range cooker in cream with a separate grill and although I have not had the problems other have had I would not recommend Britannia Cookers. The ovens do not cook evenly as other reviewers have mentioned. My problems are mostly cosmetic. The badge fell off within weeks but Britannia did send me a replacement, during the warranty period the enamel started… Read Full Review

Britannia Sigma

“Shocking Waste of Money”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by disfunc (1 review written)

Terrible cooker for the price everything has broken on it and the Britannia engineers try to charge ridiculous prices for service and parts and you will be ringing them often if you buy one of these pieces of junk. Just to list the problems.. The door has fallen of the igniters all stopped working The oven seal went The engineers are rude and very very expensive. … Read Full Review

Ellebee55's Response to disfunc's Review

Written on: 28/10/2013

I have owned this cooker for 5 years. I had an engineer out about three times in the first year. My oven seal failed after a short time. A gas ring had a leak and had to be replaced, several igniters have had to be replaced. A thermostat and a fan in the main oven have also been replaced. I'm waiting to hear back from a local engineer qualified to work on gas appliances regarding another faulty gas ring.
Its also a pain to clean all the bits and pieces associated with gas hobs, especially after frying. I will never buy Britannia again! An expensive lesson.

Britannia Sigma

“Complete Rubbish - 4 Yrs old and 6 service engineers...”

Written on: 13/05/2013 by kipims (1 review written)

When I purchased my Britannia Cooker for over £4000 I though I was buying a top quality cooker from a British Manufacturer. That was a mistake. They're made in Italy and shipped over here where the badge is stuck on the front. Now, we all know the quality of Italian electrical items (remember Alfa and Fiat). We've had nothing but trouble with it. I've had 6 visits now and it's just gone wrong again. The timer has failed 3 times, the knobs fall off, the ignition fails and now the 'speedy'… Read Full Review

Britannia Sigma

“Absolutely rubbish. We've had it for 3 years, they've...”

Written on: 27/03/2011

Absolutely rubbish. We've had it for 3 years, they've been out once already (our expense) and it's broken again. As others have noted, the thermostat is unreliable and has finally packed up totally.
Looks nice in the showroom, but build quality is rubbish and starts to look tatty very quickly. Steer well clear!… Read Full Review

Britannia Sigma

“I have had one of these Britannia Sigma cookers for...”

Written on: 11/04/2009 by JasperWarwick (5 reviews written)

I have had one of these Britannia Sigma cookers for just under three years now (Stainless steel, 90cm duel fuel, double oven). I have to say that I am rather disappointed with it. There are several irritating design issues that make it difficult to use (need to bend down all the time to see what each knob does, the main oven switch feels very cheap, oven lights last about 6 months before blowing). The oven thermostat is very inaccurate and cooks way too hot (my wife still can ' t get a cake to… Read Full Review

Britannia Sigma

“I have owned the Britannia Sigma cooker for just over...”

Written on: 18/07/2008 by loobylou76 (3 reviews written)

I have owned the Britannia Sigma cooker for just over 3 months now, and I am delighted with the overall looks and performance. The Sigma model I think was worth the extra (quite a lot extra) as you get the stay clean liners as standard. It also has slightly chunkier styling… Read Full Review