HP Photosmart C6180 Reviews

HP Photosmart C6180 - Ask a question now

HP Photosmart C6180

“Really very good printer, and all-rounder again from...”

Written on: 24/09/2008 by Lawrenma2 (31 reviews written)

Really very good printer, and all-rounder again from HP Picked this up for £100 new and looks a lot more expensive than this. Great that wireless is built in (remember you need a wireless router), and also very economical to run.

On that note, pretty unfortunate that HP have started to follow Canon with the individual ink system (yellow, black, magenta, Cyan, etc) instead of one black and one colour. It seems HP have followed consumer feedback as consumers are apparently under the impression… Read Full Review

HP Photosmart C6180

“When it works, the quality is impressive - but 'when...”

Written on: 05/08/2008 by texthead (1 review written)

When it works, the quality is impressive - but 'when it works' isn't what i want from a printer… Read Full Review

HP Photosmart C6180

“Picked this up around a year ago for £150 and have...”

Written on: 04/03/2008 by dhackett (5 reviews written)

Picked this up around a year ago for £150 and have been using it in earnest ever since. Brilliant piece of kit for the monet with fabulous prints from the six seperate cartridges and HP do a replacement cartridge pack for about £40 that includes all cartridges and loads of photo paper. Ink seems to last well and the printer has been completely reliable since installation.

Being networked, all pcs in my house can access it separately (including for scanning, etc), although it does seem to take… Read Full Review

HP Photosmart C6180

“I bought this HP Photosmart C6180 printer because its...”

Written on: 08/01/2007 by allangreen (7 reviews written)

I bought this HP Photosmart C6180 printer because its compatable with Windows XP64 and Linux, Also we have three pc's in our house and thought it would be good to have a network printer. I was also impressed that it was supposed to be able to connect to my Nokia Communicator phone via Bluetooth.
This printer has Connectors for USB, Wired and Wireless Networking. It talks a lot about Bluetooth in the software and on the setup display, but I assume I've got to shell out £5 on ebay for a dongle… Read Full Review

Allangreen's Response to allangreen's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

After writing the above review and now having used the printer for a month, I have to retract my last statement from the review ie.."would I purchase it now ..etc". My answer now is a big YES.
<br/>Also, the black cartridge I spoke of, went on to last for over 1600 sheets of text, which is very good from my past experiences. I haven't changed the colour cartridges to date, which still show half full after printing off 12 A4 Colour Photographs, so it's better than my old Epson CX5200.
<br/>It is still very slow, but good things come to those who wait, and one shouldn't rush quality.

Allangreen's Response to allangreen's Review

Written on: 06/06/2008

I have had many woes using the HP suite. It refuses to load in XP64 and causes even more torment when run in Vista 64bit and copying multiple sheets, but although the HP Photosmart program doesn't work well with either the drivers for the printer do. My way around this problem is to use Microsofts Fax and Scan program which works very well.

Anthonygrilo's Response to allangreen's Review

Written on: 06/06/2008

I have Windows XP Prof and a HP PhotosmartC6180... I'm very happy with the printer.. I can scan, fax, etc, directly from the printer controls. Impressed with the description of the Windows XP64, I bought the software. Installed the XP64 and could not install the HP software... not compatible with XP64... I've heard there are drivers for the HP to work with the XP64... who can help me with these drivers?? Really would appreciate any help.